PDA

View Full Version : Starting Christmas decorating this weekend?

ladyice
11-18-2008, 01:07 AM
Is anyone else starting to decorate this weekend? I am putting the tree up and starting to get the stuff out. I will start decorating this Saturday.

I usually do it Black Friday but it's so late this year. I want to look at my tree.

How about you all? :christmastree:

Crazymike1965
11-18-2008, 02:23 AM
I live in Canada and since Thanksgiving in Canada is in October I start to decorate right after Halloween :)

lynnenc
11-18-2008, 02:41 AM
I have been sneaking a little bit out for about a week now and will probably do a couple of trees this week. Since I will have about 20 here on T-Day I don't want a bunch of boxes around so my decorating will be selective but look out on Black Friday. I actually have alot of fall/harvest decorating out right now that fits right in with Thanksgiving so there is a conflict of interests - lol

noelglori
11-18-2008, 05:51 AM
I usually start the day after Thanksgiving but things are different this year and I am starting it now.
Don't have the tree up yet but I have a few decorations up and working all this week on getting more up.

Xmasflora
11-18-2008, 07:43 AM
the xmas decor starts dec 1 but yesterday , I did add some red items to living room and red candles and a big bowl of glass full of tinsel sort of like a transition into xmas

PumpkinJack81
11-18-2008, 01:43 PM
As much as I would love to at least get out all of my Christmas decorations and see what we have (we buy a lot after Christmas during the 50-75% off sales), I know DW doesn't want to see it yet. After all, I just got all of the Halloween decorations put up in the attic last weekend! Ha ha ha :D Maybe she'll let me get things down so we can take a peek though. ;) We start putting things out on Thanksgiving Day and the day after.

onemagicalchristmas
11-18-2008, 11:54 PM
on Thanksgiving day I will start decorating outside. I have 30' of evergreen garland to decorate our front porch. I am looking to buy 4 large red bows to put on the posts or pillars. When I am done with it I will take some pics of it. the inside is complete now and I am ready for the holidays to make there appearances. Loving it!

presents:carols::my lord::snowman::santa::gelf::christmastree::rudolph ::singing:

Merry Christmas Darling
11-19-2008, 03:42 AM
I don't remember when I started, but I did put up one of the smaller trees before Halloween. It can't be seen from the front door. I didn't want any little goblins' mothers to know that I'm crazy.

:dizzy:

I'm taking it slow and easy.

snowmiser
11-19-2008, 03:58 AM
i started putting up outside decoractions last weekend,and my daughter and i finished the fence and 3 trees outside this evening.i hope to have everything done outside by Thanksgiving and put the tree up on black friday.

PumpkinJack81
11-19-2008, 12:57 PM
i started putting up outside decoractions last weekend,and my daughter and i finished the fence and 3 trees outside this evening.i hope to have everything done outside by Thanksgiving and put the tree up on black friday.

Would love to see pics once you're finished! :christmastree:

ladyice
11-22-2008, 05:38 PM
I am fighting the urge to put up the Christmas tree in the living room today :christmastree:

:carols: :tree: :jumping:

htafc23
11-22-2008, 07:52 PM
We usally put the tree up on the nearest weekend to the 12th, and then put the rest of the decorations up after,day by day, and its great :D.
Cant wait.

k nielsen
11-22-2008, 10:30 PM
I hsould have started this weekend, but I am so tired and just want to lay around. I think I will have my 2 year old help me during the week, that way we can surprise his daddy!

onemagicalchristmas
11-22-2008, 11:43 PM
just have fun doing it thats all that really matters! I didn't have much of a helper but I had fun anyways!:carols:

ladyice
11-22-2008, 11:53 PM
I started, the kitchen tree is up and the lights on the stair railing :)

:tree:

PumpkinJack81
11-23-2008, 03:33 AM
DW let me get all the decorations out of the attic today and then she said we could start putting out a few things!!!! I was very excited!!!! :gelf: We hung a few things on the walls: advent calendar, "let it snow" snowman window; put out the Christmas towels in the kitchen and half bath; I set up my Santa collection; and placed a few other niknaks out. :santa:DW even put on Christmas videos for our 1-year-old to watch! I couldn't believe it! :jumping:

Merry Christmas Darling
11-23-2008, 03:36 AM
DW let me get all the decorations out of the attic today and then she said we could start putting out a few things!!!! I was very excited!!!! :gelf: We hung a few things on the walls: advent calendar, "let it snow" snowman window; put out the Christmas towels in the kitchen and half bath; I set up my Santa collection; and placed a few other niknaks out. :santa:DW even put on Christmas videos for our 1-year-old to watch! I couldn't believe it! :jumping:

Hurray for your DW!

I have to go find my Advent wreath and rearrange some stuff so I can display it. I put some of the ornaments on the back of the tree tonight.

txsnowgirl
11-23-2008, 02:12 PM
I will be up in the attack Friday pulling all the inside decor out. Not sure on the outside. DH is not in the mood this year, not sure what's up with that. I think he is a little depressed about my youngest son being out of state now. Anyway, I also found out that I can decorate my cubicle at my new job, so, will be taking stuff there Monday after Thanksgiving! WOOHOO!!

Donna-50
11-23-2008, 04:51 PM
I will probably start after Thanksgiving or on Friday. It is hard this year because Thanksgiving is so late and all the stores have such nice stuff but don't remember what I bought last year.

ladyice
11-23-2008, 06:04 PM
I will probably start after Thanksgiving or on Friday. It is hard this year because Thanksgiving is so late and all the stores have such nice stuff but don't remember what I bought last year.

Thanksgiving is late this year, we are losing precious decorating days! lol

tlazer
11-23-2008, 09:50 PM
You bet!!!! I have decorated almost every room,Since I get fresh trees I will get one the after Thanksgiving So I can have my son help me (wouldn't want to disturb his weekends KIDS!!!!)

ladyice
11-24-2008, 02:45 AM
The living room tree is up! :christmastree: :carols:

PumpkinJack81
11-24-2008, 03:06 AM
Hurray for your DW!

I know, I was so excited!!!!! :santahat:

I got our wreath put up over the fireplace today...I plugged it in and the lights instantly went out. :sad elf: There were too many lights burnt out for me to sit and check them all, so I took off the white lights I had originally put on it and decided to replace them with my single red and green strand. I didn't like it at first, but after I put it up DW said it looked good, so I'm happy with it now. :gelf: Pictures coming soon!

MarineBrat
11-24-2008, 05:21 PM
This year WAY before Christmas. :jumping:

IrishAmerican
11-24-2008, 06:20 PM
i started this past saturday, worked on my light display all day yesterday and am still only half done lol

so far i got my grinch out there, (gave up on getting it on the roof though) got my globe inflatable, my santa runway path lights, my frosty, majority of my lights

and even thought i kept telling myself i didnt need to buy anything new this year, with this economy i gave in and dropped 30 bucks on a little Snoopy inflatable and another 70 at Michaels on Candy Cane to go across the front of my house

and then on top fo that i still need to set up 2 or 3 light up trees, penguins, a polar bear, a deer and maybe another inflatable lol pictures to come soon

ladyice
11-24-2008, 07:44 PM
Home office tree is up, still needs lights and decorations... half way there! :tree:

onemagicalchristmas
11-26-2008, 01:20 AM
you all sound real busy! hoping to see everyone decorations on here. I am glad you are all enjoying yourselves while decorating. I want to redo my living room a little but first I have to get rid of hubby! he don't like me making changes!