PDA

View Full Version : Papa's Train Layout

Papa_Christmas
11-13-2013, 05:15 PM
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but since the layout does have Christmas the year round I'll put it here and trust Chantelle will move it to the proper spot.
I started my train layout in March of 2007 here is a link to a photo-bucket album that I'm using to document it's construction.
I update it as i begin new projects and I'm working on adding text to the images.

http://s12.photobucket.com/user/buck1018/library/The%20Ohio%20North%20Coast%20Railroad

The password is papa3rail

olga
11-15-2013, 09:31 AM
Dave, now I know why you've given us your password in Photobucket...

Well, actually I do not know what to say, except, you are really great in what you do.. Im honestly, shocked/amazed/tongue-tied :xmashigh5:...........................

http://cache.desktopnexus.com/thumbnails/890269-bigthumbnail.jpg

angelpugs2
11-15-2013, 11:16 AM
It's very nice great work.:xmashigh5:

HolidaySeason
11-16-2013, 05:30 AM
Wow! I was expecting a train set with a few little ornamental buildings, but my expectations were exceeded 100 times over! Epic job!

ornamentmaven
11-16-2013, 01:40 PM
Wow! I was expecting a train set with a few little ornamental buildings, but my expectations were exceeded 100 times over! Epic job!

Truly amazing

Papa_Christmas
11-16-2013, 04:35 PM
Dave, now I know why you've given us your password in Photobucket...

Well, actually I do not know what to say, except, you are really great in what you do.. Im honestly, shocked/amazed/tongue-tied :xmashigh5:...........................

It's very nice great work.:xmashigh5:

Truly amazing

Thanks guys I'm glad you enjoyed it.
I have had trains my whole life and as much as I enjoy running my trains I think I like creating my own little world even more.

MinnesotaMike
11-16-2013, 07:30 PM
Ooops...This is where I should have posted my comment on your train. Just amazing!!

Papa_Christmas
11-17-2013, 04:31 AM
Ooops...This is where I should have posted my comment on your train. Just amazing!!

So, I spent about 2 hours looking at all your train set up photos. All I can say is that I think it's just the coolest set up I've ever seen! Truly a work of art!!

Thanks Mike
I used to have a web site to document the layout but it got too be to much hassle.
I'm hoping to replace it with the photo bucket library.
Did you think there were to many pictures?
Did you find the descriptions useful to explain what was going on?
I ask because I'm using the ATC forum as guinea pigs before I send the address and password out to family and fellow train enthusiasts.
Thanks again for your comments.

tinkerbell2
11-17-2013, 11:33 AM
KP and I are utterly and totally amazed and think it's fantastic, all the detail that you have put into it, he likes the Arc Welder..:)
Keep going, papa...:elf3:

Crazymike1965
11-18-2013, 12:01 AM
What an insane amount of work Papa :)

MinnesotaMike
11-18-2013, 03:35 AM
Thanks Mike
I used to have a web site to document the layout but it got too be to much hassle.
I'm hoping to replace it with the photo bucket library.
Did you think there were to many pictures?
Did you find the descriptions useful to explain what was going on?
I ask because I'm using the ATC forum as guinea pigs before I send the address and password out to family and fellow train enthusiasts.
Thanks again for your comments.

Loved the descriptions. Very helpful to know what I was looking at. I actually sat and looked through it ALL. It's truly an amazing thing. My question to you is this: I can only assume you are never moving. What will happen to it down the road? You have an awesome wife!!

Papa_Christmas
11-18-2013, 02:09 PM
KP and I are utterly and totally amazed and think it's fantastic, all the detail that you have put into it, he likes the Arc Welder..:)
Keep going, papa...:elf3:

Thanks Tink I'm Glad you and KP enjoyed it. I need to make a video and post it the lights on the guy welding flah blue and white it looks pretty cool.

What an insane amount of work Papa :)

Thanks Mike it keeps me off the streets.:elf1:

Loved the descriptions. Very helpful to know what I was looking at. I actually sat and looked through it ALL. It's truly an amazing thing. My question to you is this: I can only assume you are never moving. What will happen to it down the road? You have an awesome wife!!

Thanks Mike.This is our second and last (presumably) Home. The only way it's coming down is if we move to the lake after retirement and I can build a bigger one.Yes my wife is a definite keeper.:elf3:

gingerelf
11-20-2013, 03:32 PM
That is absolutely amazing and you can tell it's a complete labor of love. Great job.

Papa_Christmas
11-21-2013, 12:51 PM
That is absolutely amazing and you can tell it's a complete labor of love. Great job.

Thanks gingerelf

*Snowflake*
11-27-2013, 07:05 PM
oh my dear God, I don't know what I was expecting but this definitely not:elf3:
I can't believe how incredible everything looks, WOW Papa:dizzy::santa:
I have to show this to my parents:elf1:

Papa_Christmas
12-09-2013, 07:08 AM
oh my dear God, I don't know what I was expecting but this definitely not:elf3:
I can't believe how incredible everything looks, WOW Papa:dizzy::santa:
I have to show this to my parents:elf1:

Thanks Snowflake

Papa_Christmas
12-09-2013, 07:09 AM
Here's a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpeDsA8R9aA

Papa_Christmas
09-26-2014, 10:53 PM
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but since the layout does have Christmas the year round I'll put it here and trust Chantelle will move it to the proper spot.
I started my train layout in March of 2007 here is a link to a photo-bucket album that I'm using to document it's construction.
I update it as i begin new projects and I'm working on adding text to the images.

http://s12.photobucket.com/user/buck1018/library/The%20Ohio%20North%20Coast%20Railroad

The password is papa3rail

This years work starts at the bottom of page 25,I'm currently working on a two stall engine shed with a machine shop attached to it,and trying to figure out where to put the train tree now that I have all the track down.

MinnesotaMike
09-27-2014, 03:58 PM
Papa...I saw a mistake!!!! :xmastounge:

Papa_Christmas
09-27-2014, 08:12 PM
Papa...I saw a mistake!!!! :xmastounge:

????????????????????????????????????????