PDA

View Full Version : Sharing Thoughts...

ChantelleJoy
11-03-2013, 07:03 PM
Sharing Thoughts...

http://thehoopla.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Thought-bubble-300x300.jpg

How was your Night, or Day? What else is on your Mind?
What is Distracting you today?
Or start with "I should be..."

Discussion Thread Guidelines
1) Please don't post "Nothing". Only share when you've got something to add!
2) Never post twice in a row, remember, it's a discussion!

frostythesnowman
11-03-2013, 07:45 PM
i should be getting the girls ready for bed..

tinkerbell2
11-03-2013, 08:28 PM
Now, lets see, I'm thinking I should be asleep but if I go to early then I'll wake up to early, but I am in a lot of pain so
it might help to be sleeping..

frostythesnowman
11-03-2013, 08:29 PM
Now, lets see, I'm thinking I should be asleep but if I go to early then I'll wake up to early, but I am in a lot of pain so
it might help to be sleeping..

hope you manage to get some sleep tonite tink..:my lord:

tinkerbell2
11-03-2013, 08:30 PM
hope you manage to get some sleep tonite tink..:my lord:

I shall be trying, I think I might manage until about 8 ish...:sleeping:

frostythesnowman
11-03-2013, 08:53 PM
i should be relaxing now as the kids are bedded...:giftpeek:

tinkerbell2
11-04-2013, 03:26 PM
I've been for my Rheumy nurse appointment, and as I thought they are trying me on anti TNF treatment, it doesn't do anything
for the pain but hopefully it will slow down the disease progression..:my lord:

Christmas_mama
11-04-2013, 03:44 PM
I have deadlines, deadlines, deadlines on my mind... Returned to full time education this year and not much to say except it's INTENSE! But enjoyable :) And thinking about how much I have to do academically makes a change from constantly thinking and worrying about my dear friend who has been in Afghanistan for 5 months (He flies home today and will be home for Christmas this year! :D ).

Thinking of you Tink! Best of luck for the new treatment x

tinkerbell2
11-04-2013, 03:49 PM
I have deadlines, deadlines, deadlines on my mind... Returned to full time education this year and not much to say except it's INTENSE! But enjoyable :) And thinking about how much I have to do academically makes a change from constantly thinking and worrying about my dear friend who has been in Afghanistan for 5 months (He flies home today and will be home for Christmas this year! :D ).

Thinking of you Tink! Best of luck for the new treatment x

Thank you CM..:xmaskiss:
Sounds like your enjoying your education, good for you..:elf3: I've got 3 away at Uni, hopefully home for Christmas..:smitten:

Papa_Christmas
11-04-2013, 04:00 PM
I'm waiting for a trainer to arrive to teach me the ins and outs of a new machine we have just purchased.
I'm hoping Papa's old brain has some room left in it to learn to master another piece of equipment.

frostythesnowman
11-04-2013, 04:05 PM
I've been for my Rheumy nurse appointment, and as I thought they are trying me on anti TNF treatment, it doesn't do anything
for the pain but hopefully it will slow down the disease progression..:my lord:

:my lord:

MinnesotaMike
11-04-2013, 09:44 PM
LOVE the merging of several of the threads into one common thread! GREAT IDEA!!

I'm thinking that I'm sad because my last remaining grandparent is going to pass away in the next day or 2. :(

ChantelleJoy
11-04-2013, 09:54 PM

I'm thinking that I'm sad because my last remaining grandparent is going to pass away in the next day or 2. :(

Thank you Mike - I really enjoy it too - I'm actually reading the posts more often now because they are all together!

I am thinking about tink, and hope she's feeling good tonight!

(Also - thoughts with you and your Grandparent Mike!)

MinnesotaMike
11-04-2013, 10:22 PM
Sorry I wasn't specific...it's my grandmother. At this point, we are all praying for an end to her suffering, and her eternal life in Heaven. It's been awhile now, and we all believe she is ready. It's still very hard and sad.

MinnesotaMike
11-04-2013, 10:23 PM
I pray Tink is well too.

steph535
11-05-2013, 04:58 AM

Mike, I am so sorry to hear that.:my lord:

Merry Christmas Darling
11-05-2013, 07:29 AM
Sorry I wasn't specific...it's my grandmother. At this point, we are all praying for an end to her suffering, and her eternal life in Heaven. It's been awhile now, and we all believe she is ready. It's still very hard and sad.

I'm sorry, Mike. I know the pain of watching a person suffer and then losing that person you love. :my lord:

tinkerbell2
11-05-2013, 10:38 AM

Really sorry to hear that, I'll be thinking of you..:my lord:

tinkerbell2
11-05-2013, 10:39 AM
I pray Tink is well too.

Thanks, Mike..here's hoping the new stuff will work on the disease, but it's off to the doctor's for some stronger pain meds...

ornamentmaven
11-05-2013, 06:51 PM
Sorry to hear about your grandmother Mike

Merry Christmas Darling
11-08-2013, 03:12 AM
Please be aware that Crazymike's mother passed away. :my lord:

http://www.allthingschristmas.com/forum/threads/7130-CrazyMike-s-Christmas-in-Canada-2013/page3

olga
11-29-2013, 12:06 AM
Got a tablet today' I really needed it, I just think sometimes if this was an expensive gift for myself...
I know it may be, but, I really wanted to buy something for me, I felt so happy when I got it!

steph535
11-29-2013, 12:21 AM
Got a tablet today' I really needed it, I just think sometimes if this was an expensive gift for myself...
I know it may be, but, I really wanted to buy something for me, I felt so happy when I got it!

have fun with your new tablet, Olga!

tinkerbell2
11-29-2013, 04:05 PM

Nice one...it is nice to get something for yourself..:elf3:

*Snowflake*
11-30-2013, 09:23 PM

sometimes it's nice to buy something for yourself:elf3:

been on the University till 17:00 and I'm really tired,so happy to be home:elf1:

Shanniclause
12-03-2013, 07:39 PM
I should be working right now :P

tinkerbell2
12-03-2013, 07:55 PM
I should be working right now :P

Ooooppps, got distracted, have we?....:elf1:

Shanniclause
12-03-2013, 08:13 PM
Ooooppps, got distracted, have we?....:elf1:

The green and red will get me every time!

Merry Christmas Darling
12-03-2013, 08:55 PM
Hello, Shanniclause. Welcome back.

I'm getting a headache and I'm discouraged about my two little Christmas trees. If I keep them, I'll have to wear long sleeves and gloves in order to hang the ornaments. :xmaseyeroll:

tinkerbell2
12-04-2013, 11:08 AM
Just had my first ATC Christmas Card...........:yahoo:

*Snowflake*
12-04-2013, 04:49 PM
Yesterday was day for Christmas lover(s), I went with my family to malls looking just for Christmas decorations, had so much fun:hopxmas:

tinkerbell2
12-05-2013, 10:36 AM
I will be going to get the 3 kids from uni in 2 weeks time.....:love:

*Snowflake*
12-05-2013, 12:59 PM
I will be going to get the 3 kids from uni in 2 weeks time.....:love:

I'm sure you can't wait:elf3:

ornamentmaven
12-05-2013, 06:46 PM
Sick of spending money on car repairs!!!

olga
01-06-2014, 08:36 AM
Try to find ways for not missing Christmas much...
Still can not believe that tomorrow Im taking decoration down...

olga
01-06-2014, 08:36 AM
Try to find ways for not missing Christmas much...
Still can not believe that tomorrow Im taking decoration down...

olga
02-09-2014, 03:56 PM
Christmas is over, Im no longer sad, in fact, I feel like having all the time I want, in order to get prepared and make next Christmas the most wonderful one, ever.
Thats the way we should take it, I think... :)

ornamentmaven
02-10-2014, 12:57 AM
I am so sick of the snow and cold weather. It has been a terrible winter. My mobility is limited so this icy weather is really getting me down!

olga
02-10-2014, 08:22 PM
I am so sick of the snow and cold weather. It has been a terrible winter. My mobility is limited so this icy weather is really getting me down!

Wish I could take some snow here, dear friend, its so funny, this year for my city has been warm enough, at least so far..

ornamentmaven
02-11-2014, 02:51 PM
Wish I could take some snow here, dear friend, its so funny, this year for my city has been warm enough, at least so far..

LOL I wish you could take a little bit too! Believe me - we've had so much snow and cold this year that I would be thrilled to never see it again!!!

olga
02-27-2014, 09:09 PM
March is on its way, I can hardly believe that were heading to Spring, time flies thats for sure..

http://www.bridgeguys.com/graphics/SnoopyWoodstock1.jpg

ornamentmaven
02-28-2014, 06:24 PM
March is on its way, I can hardly believe that were heading to Spring, time flies thats for sure..

http://www.bridgeguys.com/graphics/SnoopyWoodstock1.jpg

I've been thinking the same thing! It has been a very depressing winter soooooo... much snow and we are expecting another 6 to 12 inches on Tuesday!

olga
03-03-2014, 09:43 AM
Spring is almost here, dear friend, and all this terrible winter for you will be just a bad dream!! :)

ornamentmaven
03-03-2014, 03:22 PM
Spring is almost here, dear friend, and all this terrible winter for you will be just a bad dream!! :)

Yes this winter was a nightmare - weather wise! So much depression and everyone is talking about moving south

ornamentmaven
03-06-2014, 07:39 PM
I've started to make plans for my flower garden this spring! I will once again do a container garden on my deck and a few pots of flowers on the front patio. We have a huge problem with deer and raccoons eating all the flowers that are planted in the ground, so I am forced to keep them up on the deck and patio. I'm thinking of a mix of petunias, pansies, salvia, yellow marigolds, spike plants and vinca. I may also do a small herb garden and maybe some cherry tomatoes. After this long, hard winter I am so excited for the spring

olga
03-28-2014, 05:53 PM
There have been lots of times, where I log in to post and I feel sad when I find out that its only me in..
I guess, the same happens to you Tink, Suzanne, Angelpugs, sorry if I forget someone..
I just wish we could keep this place more alive.. :xmaseyeroll:

(these are only some thoughts I wanted to share with you...)

olga
03-29-2014, 06:10 PM
Today, it was more like summer... 22c, went swimming in the swimming pool, spent the rest of the day in the balcony. Sun was unbelievable.
I wonder how summer is gonna be like...

ornamentmaven
03-30-2014, 01:21 PM
I wish this place was more active as well. I have a feeling that some are posting on other forums now - hope they come back

*Snowflake*
03-31-2014, 05:01 PM
yeah, it's a litlle bit quiet here but I'm happy when I see some familliar faces here:elf3:

olga
04-03-2014, 03:44 PM
Time really flies, Easter is approaching, I can still remember the day I was taking Christmas decoration down...
I dont know, seems to me that this year is moving so quickly!!

ornamentmaven
04-03-2014, 05:03 PM
Time really flies, Easter is approaching, I can still remember the day I was taking Christmas decoration down...
I dont know, seems to me that this year is moving so quickly!!

Yes very quickly - but I am so looking forward to the warm weather

MinnesotaMike
04-04-2014, 01:55 PM
I'm the only one in the office today. The snow has kept everyone away. It's going to be a quiet Friday.

tinkerbell2
04-05-2014, 08:20 PM
My thoughts are that in 7 months time, hubby and I will be visiting a dear friend in Greece........silverbells..:elf1:

ornamentmaven
04-06-2014, 01:33 PM
My thoughts are that in 7 months time, hubby and I will be visiting a dear friend in Greece........silverbells..:elf1:

Oh Tink - that is wonderful. I hope you all have a great time. I miss silverbells

olga
04-07-2014, 07:00 AM

Wish she lived closer, I would definitely come to see you both....
I d really like to meet you both and have a coffee together.. :santasmile:

ornamentmaven
04-10-2014, 04:59 AM
My twenty old daughter just lost another friend this afternoon. Car accident - 3 other friends are injured. This is getting ridiculous!

olga
04-14-2014, 08:18 PM
My twenty old daughter just lost another friend this afternoon. Car accident - 3 other friends are injured. This is getting ridiculous!

Oh dear.. Im really sorry to hear that, Suzanne..
I can still remember those 2 beautiful boys, Vinny and Chris who lost their lives in a car accident too.

Its really sad for young people to die.. My love to your daughter and families.

ornamentmaven
04-15-2014, 02:23 PM
Oh dear.. Im really sorry to hear that, Suzanne..
I can still remember those 2 beautiful boys, Vinny and Chris who lost their lives in a car accident too.

Its really sad for young people to die.. My love to your daughter and families.

Thanks for your thoughts olga!

ornamentmaven
04-18-2014, 04:29 PM
Been through alot of nasty things in the last 2 weeks - hope for things to get better soon. Daughter's friend died in a car accident about a week ago, my uncle died on Wednesday, husband totalled our car a few weeks ago and we had to scrapped together some money to purchase another one a few days ago, problems with our septic system, plumbing issues in the bathroom and now problems with our oven (less than a year and a half old) when cooking at temps over 425F, Enough already!!!!

*Snowflake*
04-19-2014, 12:14 PM
Been through alot of nasty things in the last 2 weeks - hope for things to get better soon. Daughter's friend died in a car accident about a week ago, my uncle died on Wednesday, husband totalled our car a few weeks ago and we had to scrapped together some money to purchase another one a few days ago, problems with our septic system, plumbing issues in the bathroom and now problems with our oven (less than a year and a half old) when cooking at temps over 425F, Enough already!!!!

I'm so sad to hear about that crash and your uncle:elf2: I hope you will solve all those problems, always something happening when you don't need it.

ornamentmaven
04-19-2014, 09:00 PM
Thanks Snowflake

olga
04-21-2014, 09:49 AM
Last night, when I connected my pc with tv with hdmi cable, pc turned off and still denies to open....
It was really funny, as, me and my boyfriend had also made popcorn..lots of it... We wanted to watch some tv series from internet.

Im frustrated, as, it is a new laptop and its been only 2 months since I had paid again to fix some problems.

Sorry to hear Suzanne, for your personal matters youre dealing with. Sending you a kiss.

tinkerbell2
04-21-2014, 10:54 AM

Sending you some :tink: dust...and some ((hugs))

ornamentmaven
04-22-2014, 04:07 PM
Thanks for all the good thoughts, hugs and fairy dust!!!

olga
05-10-2014, 08:08 PM
Summer is coming, I think its gonna be a very hot one this year, we already have temps about 25-26c and I do not want to start thinking that Im gonna spend a t least 4 months under an aircondition....

*Snowflake*
05-14-2014, 06:39 PM
Summer is coming, I think its gonna be a very hot one this year, we already have temps about 25-26c and I do not want to start thinking that Im gonna spend a t least 4 months under an aircondition....

why this sounds so familliar:elf1:

MinnesotaMike
05-15-2014, 01:56 PM
I still haven't turned off the HEAT in my house! It's such a miserable Spring!

olga
05-15-2014, 02:09 PM
I still haven't turned off the HEAT in my house! It's such a miserable Spring!

I have turned it off from February....

ornamentmaven
07-27-2014, 04:27 PM
I'm going to miss my younger daughter so much when she leaves for college (university) next month. She lived at home for the first two years of college - so I'm used to having her here. I will be SO quiet!

olga
08-06-2014, 08:41 PM
Were approaching the middle ofAugust, that means that September will me here in a flash!!!
I love September, I love when autumn is slowly coming..

What I can not stand, is that heatwave every day in my city, especially this month.

olga
08-06-2014, 08:42 PM
I'm going to miss my younger daughter so much when she leaves for college (university) next month. She lived at home for the first two years of college - so I'm used to having her here. I will be SO quiet!

My thoughts are with you!

olga
08-13-2014, 07:11 PM
I Watch TLC channel, where Buddy Valastro is making an icredible cake... I think no one could ever make this, the guy is really the best!!!

ornamentmaven
08-13-2014, 09:38 PM
I Watch TLC channel, where Buddy Valastro is making an icredible cake... I think no one could ever make this, the guy is really the best!!!

I have been tempted to make the trip to his bake shop - about 45 minutes away - but since I'm diabetic - I couldn't eat any of it anyway!

olga
09-06-2014, 07:18 AM
I have been tempted to make the trip to his bake shop - about 45 minutes away - but since I'm diabetic - I couldn't eat any of it anyway!

Oh Suzanne.. Well, maybe Buddy and his team can make sweets/cakes for people who are diabetic?? I bet, he would do it, if anyone asked him to.. Have you ever thought about that?

ornamentmaven
09-06-2014, 02:02 PM
Oh Suzanne.. Well, maybe Buddy and his team can make sweets/cakes for people who are diabetic?? I bet, he would do it, if anyone asked him to.. Have you ever thought about that?

Yes I'm sure he's been asked. You can make a cake that is low in sugar, but difficult to make one that is low in carbs (flour). Either way - I'm better off without it!

olga
10-13-2014, 09:05 AM
Bruno is growing up so fast!!! Wish he could remain a puppy for ever.... (I guess this a wish for every pet owner...) :)

ornamentmaven
10-13-2014, 03:31 PM
My dog is a little terror. He just chased a BIG dog down the street yesterday. His bark sounds aggressive - but he really just wants to play!

*Snowflake*
10-13-2014, 07:23 PM
My dog is a little terror. He just chased a BIG dog down the street yesterday. His bark sounds aggressive - but he really just wants to play!

this is so funny:elf1:

olga
10-17-2014, 04:20 PM
Time is coming where tree and ornaments boxes are coming down. After Christmas day, decoration moments are my most wonderful ones of the year....

*Snowflake*
10-17-2014, 05:16 PM
Time is coming where tree and ornaments boxes are coming down. After Christmas day, decoration moments are my most wonderful ones of the year....

absolutely agree:elf3:

olga
11-06-2014, 10:22 PM
Puppy got sick again, last night. I feel awful.

tinkerbell2
11-06-2014, 10:23 PM

Wishing it well, Olga..:my lord:

wstaple
11-06-2014, 10:33 PM

That's a frustrating feeling, olga. Hope he recovers soon! I've been through that with our rescue pup.

ornamentmaven
11-07-2014, 02:34 PM

Hope Bruno feels better. Maybe he's eating something he shouldn't. Puppies put everything in their mouths - especially when you're not looking!

olga
11-07-2014, 03:06 PM
Hope Bruno feels better. Maybe he's eating something he shouldn't. Puppies put everything in their mouths - especially when you're not looking!

You could not say it better, Suzanne.

ornamentmaven
11-07-2014, 07:05 PM
You could not say it better, Suzanne.

I know when my "Chocolate" gets sick, we can usually trace it back to some mysterious eating "adventure" that we only caught a glimpse of!

olga
11-07-2014, 08:16 PM
Thank you all (Tink, Suzanne, wstaple) for your concern!! Today hes feeling better my friends.. We are given a medication for 10 days, then, we are going back to doctor to see how the puupy is doing.

wstaple
11-07-2014, 08:26 PM
Thank you all (Tink, Suzanne, wstaple) for your concern!! Today hes feeling better my friends.. We are given a medication for 10 days, then, we are going back to doctor to see how the puupy is doing.

That's good news! Hope he continues to improved!

steph535
11-07-2014, 11:05 PM
Glad to hear Bruno is doing better, Olga.

Feeling a little frustrated. I ordered a new Christmas tree online, let's say it was supposed to be my dream tree. It has a remote which turns on my choice of just clear lights or just multicolored lights, or both. And the tree is great except for one thing: the clear lights are blinding and do not have that warm glow that I am used to. It is because the lights are all LED's. Since I prefer clear lights over colored, it is of the utmost importance to me that when I want only clear lights on, they be right. The trees that offer both options on this particular website only come in LED. So, I am returning the tree. If I exchange the tree, especially with a more expensive one, I don't have to pay for shipping but if I just return it, I have to pay the shipping. Anyway, so I ordered another tree from them that has clear lights only and they are still LED but are supposed to just give a candlelight glow. I sure hope I like them. I could have gotten the second tree I have ordered in incandescent, but when I am paying this much for a tree, I don't want the lights failing in a few years. I really wish they offered the candle glow LED lights on the trees that have both clear and colored. I really hope I don't have to return the second tree, too, because it would be too expensive to have to send back two.

Mistletoe
11-08-2014, 04:50 AM
Glad to hear about Bruno- I hope that is the last time he feels sick!

Steph- I feel for you- being excited and looking forward to something, just to be disappointed, and to know you can't have what you're REALLY looking for is extremely frustrating. Good luck with tree number two!

ornamentmaven
11-08-2014, 05:00 AM
It is sometimes very difficult to order anything online. I hope the lights work out for you steph. I agree with you- I don't like those blinding white lights, but I also prefer white to multi. And you are doing the right thing ordering the LED lights. I had my last prelit tree for 5 or 6 years and a section of lights burned out every year. I ended up adding so many strands it was ridiculous. Last year, I was so frustrated that I threw the whole thing out in January even though the tree itself was in great shape.

steph535
11-08-2014, 05:45 AM
It is sometimes very difficult to order anything online. I hope the lights work out for you steph. I agree with you- I don't like those blinding white lights, but I also prefer white to multi. And you are doing the right thing ordering the LED lights. I had my last prelit tree for 5 or 6 years and a section of lights burned out every year. I ended up adding so many strands it was ridiculous. Last year, I was so frustrated that I threw the whole thing out in January even though the tree itself was in great shape.

Thank you, OM. And there are never enough lights on a prelit but I don't have it in me to put all the lights on an unlit tree anymore. Maybe if I wasn't a perfectionist...

ornamentmaven
11-08-2014, 04:53 PM
Thank you, OM. And there are never enough lights on a prelit but I don't have it in me to put all the lights on an unlit tree anymore. Maybe if I wasn't a perfectionist...

I'm a perfectionist too - especially when it comes to Christmas!

*Snowflake*
11-09-2014, 05:58 PM
Hope your puppy is better now olga:elf3:

When it comes to lights, we had a scene last year. We were just in the middle of decorating when I realise one pair of lights is not working, I was so frustrated. Thank God we had others but for me it was like something's missing.

ornamentmaven
11-12-2014, 04:47 PM
Hope your puppy is better now olga:elf3:

When it comes to lights, we had a scene last year. We were just in the middle of decorating when I realise one pair of lights is not working, I was so frustrated. Thank God we had others but for me it was like something's missing.

It is better that the lights went out before you put them on the tree. I have had entire strands die (several years) after the tree is totally decorated. What a mess to try and add a new strand to a dark spot on the tree.

ornamentmaven
11-12-2014, 04:52 PM
I was so happy last night when my 20 year old daughter called from university to ask if I would save her one of my smaller trees to decorate in her bedroom. She has her own ornaments, so now I will need to come up with a topper and some garland. The reason I am so happy is that I finally see the spirit of Christmas emerging from at least one of my daughters. My older daughter (29) loves all the decorations, but NEVER helps with the decorating. This is great!!!

steph535
11-12-2014, 08:37 PM
I was so happy last night when my 20 year old daughter called from university to ask if I would save her one of my smaller trees to decorate in her bedroom. She has her own ornaments, so now I will need to come up with a topper and some garland. The reason I am so happy is that I finally see the spirit of Christmas emerging from at least one of my daughters. My older daughter (29) loves all the decorations, but NEVER helps with the decorating. This is great!!!
That's awesome!

tinkerbell2
11-13-2014, 09:37 PM

That's great news ,OM...:elf3:

*Snowflake*
11-17-2014, 05:39 PM

I'm sure you're happy:elf3:

olga
12-25-2014, 09:26 PM
Today is the day I long for all year and its also the day I do not want to come, as, this means that these magic days will soon be over..
Strange feelings, I wonder if there can ever be an answer to that... :)

ornamentmaven
12-26-2014, 04:26 PM
Feeling a bit of that traditional Christmas let down - but then I always look forward to New Year's Eve and getting back to some quiet days

olga
01-01-2015, 10:08 PM
Sharing thoughts....
What can you say, now that the New Year has come and now that in a few days we will all start taking down our lovely decorations????? I m always getting a little nervous when January arrives... :(

wstaple
01-01-2015, 10:55 PM
I know exactly what you mean, olga. I took down our outside decorations this morning and it's left me a bit depressed. Tomorrow I'll take down all the inside decorations. I love decorating for Christmas but I can't stand taking things down.

ornamentmaven
01-03-2015, 07:20 PM
Agreed olga and wstaple! I've been taking down my tree this morning. Everything is off it and put away - now to dismantle the tree itself. Took down outside stuff and other inside decorations yesterday. Plan to take down the village later - then I will be done. Although I hate taking down the decorations, I always feel a sense of relief when it's done - and back to reality!

olga
01-06-2015, 12:37 PM
Oh, Suzanne, what can I say friend... hope you enjoyed as much as you wanted your Christmas decorations!!!
(Christmas will be here again, much sooner that we think... It happens every year... :santa: )

MinnesotaMike
01-07-2015, 04:49 PM
We took everything down (inside and outside) on the 3rd. I'm usually relieved to get my outdoor display down because that is a LOT of work. However, the inside stuff makes me sad when it is gone.

olga
01-08-2015, 07:58 PM
I took all my decorations, down. I had completely forgotten that (awful) feeling.. And I have to admit that as years go by that feeling always gets worst..

*Snowflake*
01-08-2015, 08:01 PM
I took all my decorations, down. I had completely forgotten that (awful) feeling.. And I have to admit that as years go by that feeling always gets worst..

We took our decorations down today:elf2:

wstaple
01-08-2015, 08:08 PM

I called my dad the other day after taking our decorations down. I told him about being down afterwards and he said, "You come by that naturally. I always have felt that way after Christmas was over and everything was packed away." So maybe it's a bit hereditary, at least in my case.

MinnesotaMike
01-08-2015, 09:14 PM
I never sensed any actual depression from my parents when I was a kid. However, I know I've felt that way ever since I can remember. Maybe they just hid it well.

ornamentmaven
01-09-2015, 02:42 PM
I remember my grandmother being in a big hurry for Christmas to be over. She always took her tree down on December 26th! My parents weren't big Christmas enthusiasts, but my Mom is more into it today than ever. In my family, I'm known as "The Boss of Christmas" since I tend to impose my "rules" for Christmas on everyone else!

wstaple
01-20-2015, 10:55 PM
Since it got up into the upper 60's here yesterday, my wife and I were able to go to a local park and take a nice walk along the trails. As we rounded a turn on the path, the aroma of fresh pine trees filled the woods. The smell grew stronger and we noticed that the park had evidently mulched discarded Christmas trees and spread the remains along the path for about 100 yards or so. I took in a deep breath and it made me recall so many Christmas memories from over the years. I said to my wife, "It's only about 10 more months before I start decorating for Christmas again......" It's amazing how smells can bring back such fond memories.

olga
01-21-2015, 10:10 PM
I called my dad the other day after taking our decorations down. I told him about being down afterwards and he said, "You come by that naturally. I always have felt that way after Christmas was over and everything was packed away." So maybe it's a bit hereditary, at least in my case.

I called my dad the day I was taking decorations down..... I told him to do it for me and I left.....
He does this for me, almost every year, as, he knows that I have a small issue with taking my lovely Christmas tree and decorations down...

ornamentmaven
01-23-2015, 02:29 AM
I called my dad the day I was taking decorations down..... I told him to do it for me and I left.....
He does this for me, almost every year, as, he knows that I have a small issue with taking my lovely Christmas tree and decorations down...

That's so sweet of him!

olga
02-08-2015, 08:21 PM
That's so sweet of him!

Forgot to mention, Bruno helped him a little, as well!! :gelf:

ornamentmaven
02-10-2015, 05:24 PM
Forgot to mention, Bruno helped him a little, as well!! :gelf:

Good dog!

olga
06-09-2015, 09:55 PM
Just wanted to tell you how happy I am, to have (own) a place (my new job), where, no matter how many hours I spent working there, I always feel happy and proud inside me.

In this place, that counts 2 months already, people can enjoy a glass of Wine, have some beers, drink a coffee, buy food products, read books, newspapers...
When autumn approaches, we re also thinking of hosting events (art exhibitions, documentaries festival etc..)

Just wanted to show it to you, with some photos.

6696 6697 6698 6699 6700

olga
06-09-2015, 10:02 PM
And 3 more.

6701 6702 6703

Hope you like it, its such a pitty we can never meet and have a glass of wine here, all together, during our fav Holiday!!! :elf2:

MinnesotaMike
06-10-2015, 07:27 PM
Very cool!!!

ornamentmaven
06-10-2015, 07:59 PM
Olga - it is a beautiful place. I wish I could visit!

SilverBells
05-29-2016, 03:25 PM
Can I skip summer? Not looking forward to the heat...

*Snowflake*
05-29-2016, 04:37 PM

I'm with you:elf3:

ornamentmaven
05-29-2016, 05:31 PM

Me, three!

olga
06-13-2016, 06:20 PM

Oh dear, count me in, as well...
This weekend is gonna be a nightmare....

chocolatechip1979
06-13-2016, 07:10 PM
I'm in :elf3::hopxmas::elf3:

Bishop1954
03-01-2018, 04:07 PM
Looks like this one has been vacant for awhile, so I'll jump in...
I was sorry to hear of the passing of the Reverend Billy Graham. True, he was 99 and time for him to make the journey home. I guess, that even though he has not been actively ministering for many year now, it still seems hard to imagine the USA and the Christian community without him. He was (and still is) a large portion of my Christian growth. I pray his team will continue in the spirit that was so generously provided during those years...