PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmm....

Merry Christmas Darling
10-20-2013, 03:30 AM
I only enjoy giving the younger grandchildren gifts. They always seem to be pleased...

steph535
10-20-2013, 06:00 AM
I feel for you, Merry. that's a tough one. sorry to say, I can't think of any solutions. I know when I was growing up, I was terrible about sending thank you notes, which was very rude, but I did appreciate the cards and money my grandparents sent me very much and I loved them dearly. but, how were they to know? your son-in-law sounds like he's just plain rude. I don't know, but if I were you, I might consider sending a couple dollars to those that don't use or don't seemingly care that you sent them something. then again, they probably would not understand what message you were sending. I also assume you have closer relationships with your younger grandkids than the ones who live farther away. (I am assuming the ones you never see or hear from live further away?) I know my father's parents spent a lot more time with my dad's two sisters and their families. we were sort of the black sheep of the family. I never understood why. gosh, I wish I could tell you something, anything that would be helpful

Merry Christmas Darling
10-20-2013, 06:42 AM
Thanks, steph. "I am assuming the ones you never see or hear from live further away?" Yes, they're too far for me to visit.

serene
12-16-2014, 04:46 PM
Children are very appreciative even for the little things so the holiday season should be really be dedicated for them. The kids are light of the world because they remind us about the simplicity of life and that we should value the littlest things that we own especially the affection the we have.

steph535
12-16-2014, 06:45 PM
Ugh (big SIGH). And that's all I'm sayin'

MinnesotaMike
12-16-2014, 08:59 PM
I must not have the whole story here, because I would hate to think that as a teenager, my grandma didn't really like to give me gifts, but preferred to give them to the younger grandchildren. Giving a gift makes ME feel good. I don't do it in order to have the recipient respond a certain way.

Merry Christmas Darling
12-17-2014, 12:38 AM
I must not have the whole story here, because I would hate to think that as a teenager, my grandma didn't really like to give me gifts, but preferred to give them to the younger grandchildren. Giving a gift makes ME feel good. I don't do it in order to have the recipient respond a certain way.

I can't get spoiled teenagers something they like. It makes me sad to not see a smile when they open a gift. Anyway, for both my husband and me, we didn't receive gifts from our grandparents and I think it had a lot to do with money. I have twelve grandchildren and two-great-grandchildren. My desire is to make everyone happy and I can't do that. I think I was a little depressed when I posted that last year, Mike.

ornamentmaven
12-17-2014, 03:00 PM
The best thing to give teenagers are gift cards to their favorite stores or cash. That is really all they want