PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Puzzles?

polrwht07
08-27-2013, 02:17 PM
Hey folks, just wanted to drop everyone a line about a new-ish tradition at my house that we have been practicing for about 3 years now. Hobby Lobby sells these really cool Christmas puzzles with potraits done by various artists of really great Christmas scenes. Some with Santa, some of snowy scenes, and things like that.

Thomas Kincaide is one of the artists they use most often, and he does really great scenes of small towns at Christmas time, and other things that remind you of the season.

So what we do is usually around the end of August/beginning of September we go out and pick out our puzzle for the year. And yes, to answer your question it does take me and my wife (our son isn't old enough yet to participate) 2-3 months to put together a 1000 piece puzzle. It's not a race remember, it's a marathon :) then once we finish it, we glue it to cardboard, and frame it. it provides a really unique Christmas decoration that we can hang and also provides a fantastic memory. Just thought I'd share, hope you all give it a shot!!

Merry Christmas Darling
08-27-2013, 03:37 PM
Hey folks, just wanted to drop everyone a line about a new-ish tradition at my house that we have been practicing for about 3 years now. Hobby Lobby sells these really cool Christmas puzzles with potraits done by various artists of really great Christmas scenes. Some with Santa, some of snowy scenes, and things like that.

Thomas Kincaide is one of the artists they use most often, and he does really great scenes of small towns at Christmas time, and other things that remind you of the season.

So what we do is usually around the end of August/beginning of September we go out and pick out our puzzle for the year. And yes, to answer your question it does take me and my wife (our son isn't old enough yet to participate) 2-3 months to put together a 1000 piece puzzle. It's not a race remember, it's a marathon :) then once we finish it, we glue it to cardboard, and frame it. it provides a really unique Christmas decoration that we can hang and also provides a fantastic memory. Just thought I'd share, hope you all give it a shot!!

Great idea! My husband and I started doing Jane Wooster Scott snow scenes every Christmas several years ago. Bonnie White's scenes are similar.

P. S. I hope this thread will be moved to Christmas Recollections and Traditions.

ornamentmaven
08-27-2013, 05:30 PM
I have done Christmas puzzles myself. A few years ago I completed one of Santa; I saved it and hung it. I hoped to keep it for years to come, but it got damaged in storage. I guess it would have helped to frame it! So, maybe I'll pick one up again this year! I like the 500 piece ones - enough of a challenge, but not TOO frustrating! It usually takes about a week - without any help. I think Olga likes puzzles too.

Merry Christmas Darling
08-27-2013, 07:26 PM
I have done Christmas puzzles myself. A few years ago I completed one of Santa; I saved it and hung it. I hoped to keep it for years to come, but it got damaged in storage. I guess it would have helped to frame it! So, maybe I'll pick one up again this year! I like the 500 piece ones - enough of a challenge, but not TOO frustrating! It usually takes about a week - without any help. I think Olga likes puzzles too.

We always chose the 500 piece ones also.

Olga is our Puzzle Queen!

chocolatechip1979
06-01-2016, 10:04 PM
My daughter and I just started doing Christmas puzzles together. Shes only five but shes really quick and patient