PDA

View Full Version : How Many People do you Buy Christmas Gifts for?

ornamentmaven
08-22-2013, 03:13 PM
:giftpeek:Here is my list:

Husband (5 gifts)
Daughter #1 (7 gifts)
Daughter #2 (7 gifts)
Mother
Mother-lin-law
Grand-niece

Plus small gifts of candy for the mail man and trash collectors.

Back in the "good-ole-days" when I was working, I used to also buy for: 2 sisters, a brother, 5 brothers-in-law, 3 sisters-in-law, 4 nieces, 6 nephews, my staff of 4, 6 work friends and 2 old friends. That was a total of 57 gifts!!! I would go broke from the wrapping paper alone!

The nieces and nephews are almost all adults now and I no longer work. We all mutually decided to cut back on gifts to siblings and friends when the economy tanked. I miss it sometimes, but not the expense!

Tell me about your Christmas list!

ornamentmaven
08-22-2013, 10:06 PM
Oh - I forgot to add my daughters' boyfriends and my dog to the current list!

frostythesnowman
08-23-2013, 07:46 PM
wife-1 special gift and 4/5 other gifts
oldest daughter-6 gifts
twins-10 gifts each
mother
father
mother in-law
father in-law
brothers(2)
sisters(2)
sisters in-law (2)
granny in-law

ornamentmaven
08-28-2013, 03:45 PM
*bump*

lovisaken
11-11-2013, 09:27 AM
Hi..

Every Christmas i have buy 9 gifts
Father
Mother
Sister(3)
brother(3)
close friend(1)

thanks

ChantelleJoy
11-11-2013, 02:24 PM
Wow - I don't know.

I buy for different amounts each year, but somewhere around 15-20 people get gifts. I usually just buy one gift per person, but now that Lydia is born, she'll get more and more gifts each year.

HolidaySeason
11-15-2013, 03:31 AM
I get four in total. One each for both of my brothers, one for my mother and one for my grandmother. I send cards to extended family members.

Merry Christmas Darling
11-15-2013, 04:33 AM
Toys for four children in the family and money for the other kids and however many I send my mom (2 this year); then gifts for a few friends.

olga
11-15-2013, 09:39 AM
My list is the following - one present:

My dad
My mum
My sister
My brother
My love
My sisters love

:santa:

Jamie Norton
11-15-2013, 11:58 PM
I buy my kids at least 200$ a piece in presents. The rest of my family usually gets one present a piece. BUT I have found really awesome candles with jewelry inside them, that will be good christmas gifts this year!!

https://www.jewelryincandles.com/store/jamie_nortontufts

DayTek
11-18-2013, 02:04 PM
My husband, Mom & Dad, Parents-in-law, brother, sister-in-law & brother-in-law, 3 nieces, 3 nephews, 2 grandparents, and 2 sets of friends.
The number of gifts changes each year according to our budget.

aLEKSA.
11-18-2013, 02:07 PM
Father, Mother, Sister, Grandma and Grandpa..

polrwht07
11-19-2013, 04:51 PM
This year is a new year for me as my marriage has ended but I have a new girlfriend who I'm head over heels for. Not sure how it will go down, but here is what I'm predicting:

My Son- 1 big gift (power wheel), and probably 8-9 smaller gifts including clothes and things.
My G/F- 6 or 7 gifts, clothes, shoes, a slow cooker, things of that nature
G/F oldest son- 3 or 4 gifts
G/F youngest son- 3 or 4 gifts (I'm being a bit modest with these two as to not step on their dad's toes and try and one up him or anything. I don't want to get into any kind of a stupid feud because I went overboard with Christmas)
Dad/Stepmom- I get them a gift card to their favorite steak house every year
Brothers/Sisters- this will equate to 4 or 5 gifts. I usually just buy them all something small.

Man I need to get started!!

HolidaySeason
11-20-2013, 04:33 AM
Lol, that's a good 30+ gifts! I guess I should make the most of being young and only having to buy like four presents, lol!

olga
11-06-2014, 08:40 PM
Christmas is a beautiful and highly celebrating event which is celebrating on 25 december. Wishesforchristmas.com providing you the best wishes quotes material like christmas greetings (http://www.christmaswishes.eu/category/christmas-wishes-greetings/), christmas wishes cards (http://www.wishesforchristmas.com/category/christmas-wishes-for-cards/), christmas wishes for family, christmas messages, christmas wishes quotes, christmas funny messages (http://www.wishesforchristmas.com/category/funny-christmas-wishes/), christmas short messages and lot more. Most of the traditional customs of Christmas, such as gift giving, tree decorating, light hanging, and feasting, come from sources other than the Church.

It would be better if you replied to the thread... This shows no respect to all of us, I think..... I'm sorry....

ornamentmaven
11-07-2014, 02:12 PM
Christmas is a beautiful and highly celebrating event which is celebrating on 25 december. Wishesforchristmas.com providing you the best wishes quotes material like christmas greetings (http://www.christmaswishes.eu/category/christmas-wishes-greetings/), christmas wishes cards (http://www.wishesforchristmas.com/category/christmas-wishes-for-cards/), christmas wishes for family, christmas messages, christmas wishes quotes, christmas funny messages (http://www.wishesforchristmas.com/category/funny-christmas-wishes/), christmas short messages and lot more. Most of the traditional customs of Christmas, such as gift giving, tree decorating, light hanging, and feasting, come from sources other than the Church.

If you think you are being smart by advertising on our forum - think again. Be smart enough to realize that defining Christmas to members of a Christmas forum is ridiculous!

ornamentmaven
11-07-2014, 02:19 PM
I have the same gift list as last year, but trying to spend less money! I'm giving gifts to:

Husband (6)
Older Daughter (7)
...and her boyfriend (1)
Younger Daughter (7)
...and her boyfriend (1)
My Mom (1 or 2)
My Mother-in-law (1)
...and her guy friend (1)
My grandniece (1)
My Dog (2)

That's about 30 gifts - much less than the old days. Plus, I still do stocking stuffers for my adult daughters!

olga
11-07-2014, 03:10 PM
For this year:

My mother
My father
My brother
My brothers love
My sister
My sisters love
My love
Bruno!!!!

One present each one, this year as well.
Wish I could offer more. :)

JollyElfDC
11-07-2014, 04:03 PM
If you think you are being smart by advertising on our forum - think again. Be smart enough to realize that defining Christmas to members of a Christmas forum is ridiculous!

I agree with you and Olga. I have informed ChantelJoy about beacheslaure.

ornamentmaven
11-07-2014, 06:51 PM
I agree with you and Olga. I have informed ChantelJoy about beacheslaure.

Thanks Jolly!

Mistletoe
11-08-2014, 05:14 AM
I believe I'll be buying for 10 people this year. And I can't believe that I haven't started yet! Tomorrow is the day! :elf3:

ornamentmaven
11-08-2014, 04:45 PM
I believe I'll be buying for 10 people this year. And I can't believe that I haven't started yet! Tomorrow is the day! :elf3:

Have fun shopping!

ReneBTurner
12-15-2014, 05:11 AM
In my list I have added-
My dad
My mom
My girlfriend
My rat
My girlfried's brother
And last but not the list my maid.

Elf_Erv
12-16-2014, 05:38 AM
only myself and the cat

Merry Christmas Darling
12-16-2014, 08:49 AM
Wow! You're still here, Erv. I was thinking about you. I remember when you posted a pic of the snow at your front door at that other site.

I'm hoping for less snow this winter.

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/Snow/IceandSnowMap_zps8f364f69.jpg (http://s774.photobucket.com/user/DiademRose/media/Snow/IceandSnowMap_zps8f364f69.jpg.html)

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/Snow/IceandSnowSign_zps2a2c7509.jpg (http://s774.photobucket.com/user/DiademRose/media/Snow/IceandSnowSign_zps2a2c7509.jpg.html)

steph535
12-16-2014, 06:53 PM
Elf Erv, I also had been wondering how you've been since I have not seen you on this or other Christmas forums in quite a while. It's good to see you posting and I hope you are enjoying some eggnog :tree:

*Snowflake*
12-16-2014, 08:42 PM
My dad
My mum
My granny
My grandpa
My boyfriend
:elf3:

steph535
12-17-2014, 04:53 AM
I just buy for my youngest two children. It costs for plane tickets to go up north for Christmas so family up there considers just our coming is the present. I also get something for my mother.

serene
12-17-2014, 03:47 PM
I need to give something to around 100 people which include my family, friends, kids on my neighbors and classmates of my kids. To avoid spending too much, I go to simplest as possible such as candies, cheap toys and edible products.

Merry Christmas Darling
12-18-2014, 07:30 AM
Elf Erv, I also had been wondering how you've been since I have not seen you on this or other Christmas forums in quite a while. It's good to see you posting and I hope you are enjoying some eggnog :tree:

How could I have forgotten his love of eggnog?!

ornamentmaven
07-10-2015, 07:47 PM
Thought I'd resurrect this thread for 2015. This year I'll be buying for:

Husband
2 Daughters
Daughter's boyfriends
My Mom
My Mother-in-law
Her Boyfriend
My Grand-niece
My dog

That's 10 people, but my husband and daughters get multiple gifts. Years ago, we always bought for all of our brothers, sisters, their spouses, our nieces and nephews, several friends, 5 or 6 coworkers as well as the paper carrier and the mail carrier. That was 40+ people - too crazy for all of us, so we all pared down.

Elvira1986
09-23-2015, 01:05 PM
Nice thread. For me it will be:
Husband
Mom
Dad
Brother
Sister
Sister's boyfriend
Our dog and my parents dog
And a secret santa gift for someone in my husbands family

ornamentmaven
09-23-2015, 03:16 PM
As expensive as it was to buy for so many people, I miss those days of shopping, wrapping, gift exchanges and small parties/luncheons. It was so much fun and very festive!

Eric Brown
09-24-2015, 09:21 AM
Nice thread, I buy 10 gifts every Christmas..
My dad
Mom
Sis
brother
Secret Santa gifts
thanks

Georgey33
10-27-2015, 03:51 AM
I try to buy a present for any close family member that I stay in contact with. I only spend around $20 on some of these presents but they have thought into them.

Merry Christmas Darling
10-27-2015, 09:31 AM
I try to buy a present for any close family member that I stay in contact with. I only spend around $20 on some of these presents but they have thought into them.

I have so many grandkids that I started cutting back. I spend less than $20 on them now.

saladsara
11-05-2015, 02:27 AM
Anyone who isn't on the naughty list! and of course my pets.

Xmasflora
11-16-2015, 10:12 AM
For my teen daughter some gifts and an advent-calendar. For my partner a wine/snacks basket.
Some small gifts for myself, as my partner is very busy with work no time for shops.

ornamentmaven
11-16-2015, 03:31 PM
For my teen daughter some gifts and an advent-calendar. For my partner a wine/snacks basket.
Some small gifts for myself, as my partner is very busy with work no time for shops.

Good to see you here again xmasflora

ChristmasFanatic
11-24-2015, 04:45 AM
We have 13 to buy for, plus each other.

ornamentmaven
11-24-2015, 02:46 PM
Nice to hear from you ChristmasFanatic!

Well, my daughter broke up with her boyfriend of 4 years, so I have one less gift to purchase! Actually, I already bought it - but I will "re-direct" it!

Sheridan
12-07-2015, 06:38 AM
I have started buying Christmas gift for my family and friends.
I am buying for my mother, father, sister.. and for my best friends..

Mistletoe
12-15-2015, 05:52 PM
Nice to hear from you ChristmasFanatic!

Well, my daughter broke up with her boyfriend of 4 years, so I have one less gift to purchase! Actually, I already bought it - but I will "re-direct" it!

:santahat: Are you in favor of the break up?

ornamentmaven
12-15-2015, 11:37 PM
:santahat: Are you in favor of the break up?

Yes!

Mistletoe
12-16-2015, 04:01 PM
Yes!

It didn't sound like you were losing any sleep over it. :gelf:

kate9090
02-23-2016, 10:59 AM
Hi! Im new here so id like to say im really like threads like this. I found many funny questions here which are good game :) So... My familly isnt big, every year i buy gifts for my son, my sister and my dad :) Ah... and my dog always get big bone :D

Fluffysnow
10-17-2016, 09:51 AM
Mum
Dad
OH's dad
OH's step-mum
OH's mum and stepdad-joint gift
OH's step grand parents -bottle of wine and nice chocolates they always get us something
OH's step aunts and uncle - Youngest aunt I'm close to and is my bridesmaid can buy her without buying his uncle as they're still young and would feel rude oldest aunt gets us a little something so will get her something too
neice -we spoil her rotten
OH's brother
My brother
My sister in law
My best friend
OH's best friend
My best friend little sisters get a small token gift (£1 chocolates or something to keep things fair)
My grandmas
LOOOONG LIST but we started buying in September and still live with parents so have the spare cash and kind of owe it to our families to get them something

ornamentmaven
10-18-2016, 06:48 PM
I think this year's list will be the same as last year's:

My husband, Paul
My two daughters: Stefanie and Melissa
Melissa's boyfriend Dylan
My Mom
My Mother-in-law
and her guy friend
My grand-niece Mila
My dog Chocolate

Stefanie has a new boyfriend and he lives on the other side of the country - so no gift "obligation" yet this year!

:presents1: