PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else already planning for 2013?

Penny Berry
05-21-2013, 02:04 PM
Just was it says on the title really :elf1:

This year I am hoping to get a new tree and i have been inspired by some of the older pics for decorations and figurines. :home:

Merry Christmas Darling
05-21-2013, 11:56 PM
I'm only planning a repeat of last year's decorations. I may have finally slowed down...but if I buy something new, I'll probably tell everyone about it.

frostythesnowman
05-22-2013, 05:09 PM
i bought a 3-4ft glass light-up snowman in the sales in january..i think thats about it for this year...money is going to be tight this year..:xmaseyeroll:

Merry Christmas Darling
05-22-2013, 06:24 PM
i bought a 3-4ft glass light-up snowman in the sales in january..i think thats about it for this year...money is going to be tight this year..:xmaseyeroll:

My money also I think.

Heap on more wood!-- the wind is chill;
But let it whistle as it will,
We'll keep our Christmas merry still.
-Sir Walter Scott

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/Christmas%20Graphics/ChristmasAnimatedGif-3.gif (http://s774.photobucket.com/user/DiademRose/media/Christmas%20Graphics/ChristmasAnimatedGif-3.gif.html)

Penny Berry
05-23-2013, 01:25 PM
I am on Maternity leave this year so most presents/decorations are going to be homemade.

SilverBells
05-23-2013, 05:28 PM
Not just yet.

*Snowflake*
05-24-2013, 02:08 PM
actually yes,it was raining today so I decided to browse some magazines:elf3:

omgitzdestineex
06-02-2013, 05:40 PM
Yes, I am. My mom & I are actually moving from New Jersey to Maine in September. I'm so excited! I'm really hoping we have a white Christmas there this year, because they get a lot of snow. It'll be myself & my moms first Christmas back in Maine since 1993. So I have a feeling that Christmas there will be even more magical than our Christmas' in Jersey. My mom & I have been sorting through our Christmas decorations, choosing which ones we'll use this year. I can't wait till Christmas in July when the Christmas Tree Shops get more Christmas stuff. I'll definitely be heading there next month.

Only 5 & a half months till the Christmas season! :santa1:

frostythesnowman
06-02-2013, 05:52 PM
good luck moving to your new home omgitzdestineex,can"t believe its only 5 & a half months till the christmas season,i"m so excited:treedance:

JollyElfDC
06-02-2013, 09:48 PM
Well I haven't thought of the decorations yet, but I'm sure I'll see lots of things I like when the decorations start showing up on store shelves in August. I have started planning my Christmas dinner menu.:christmasdinner:

ornamentmaven
06-03-2013, 06:32 PM
I useually start shopping on an occassional basis in July - next month!!!

xdinkyxstephiex-
06-13-2013, 02:55 PM
Hi all!, Well no I haven't really planned anything for Christmas as yet but today here in the UK! it's all grey and gloomy and dark and cold and really windy! and it's absolutely freezing!... so today I have been thinking of a few Christmas ideas and pressies all over in my head!!!.... whilst all snuggled up on the sofa with a blanket/throw over wrap around me! :elf3: Oh gosh I'm SO Excited!!!!! :treedance: :tree1: xxxxxx

Penny Berry
06-23-2013, 12:38 PM
Just brought myself a sewing machine and going to be attempting to make some Christmas sock monkeys :elf1:

ornamentmaven
06-23-2013, 04:33 PM
Just brought myself a sewing machine and going to be attempting to make some Christmas sock monkeys :elf1:

I recently bought a sewing machine and am making a quilt. Once finished with that I have some Christmas crafts on my mind!

Penny Berry
06-24-2013, 11:14 AM
I recently bought a sewing machine and am making a quilt. Once finished with that I have some Christmas crafts on my mind!

Ooooh! Im thinking of making a quilt of my daughters out grown outfits, is it hard? Or pretty idiot proof

ornamentmaven
06-24-2013, 01:41 PM
Ooooh! Im thinking of making a quilt of my daughters out grown outfits, is it hard? Or pretty idiot proof

I guess you can make it as hard or easy as you want. This is my first quilt - so it is a VERY easy design. I'm actually using my 19 year old's old teeshirts! When in high school she was involved in a Self Defense program. The program has been running for 20 years and she has the third highest wins of all time. She got a teeshirt for each level accomplished. She has over 2500 wins and 49 teeshirts. I cut 14 inch squares from the fronts and backs of each shirt. The shirts are extremly colorful and the backs describe the level each shirt represents. I will post a photo when done!

cujiine
06-25-2013, 07:02 PM
I haven't done much in the way of actual decorations but I went to my local Bath&Body Works (candles, room fragrances, and body care) and picked up a bunch of their refills for a scent diffuser. A lot of them are more autumn themed, but I did pick up a couple of Gingerbread scented ones I'm going to hold onto for after Thanksgiving. This year is going to be the first year I get a real tree in my bedroom. It's possibly going to be smaller than my fake tree but I'll get the genuine real tree smell!

Penny Berry
07-01-2013, 10:54 AM
I have seen the Autumn collection for Yankee candle so i got really excited about that...oh the simple things :elf1:

MerryLittleChristmas
07-11-2013, 03:43 PM
Yes, I've somewhat started. I always start to get the itch around this time of year (I know, it's early). I just can't help myself. I'm always looking for new Christmas decor and recipes. I bought a new ornament last month.

ornamentmaven
07-11-2013, 07:56 PM
Yes, I've somewhat started. I always start to get the itch around this time of year (I know, it's early). I just can't help myself. I'm always looking for new Christmas decor and recipes. I bought a new ornament last month.

Nobody here thinks July is too early! I bought a new ornament last month as well.

Merry Christmas Darling
07-12-2013, 01:09 AM
Yes, I am. My mom & I are actually moving from New Jersey to Maine in September. I'm so excited! I'm really hoping we have a white Christmas there this year, because they get a lot of snow. It'll be myself & my moms first Christmas back in Maine since 1993. So I have a feeling that Christmas there will be even more magical than our Christmas' in Jersey. My mom & I have been sorting through our Christmas decorations, choosing which ones we'll use this year. I can't wait till Christmas in July when the Christmas Tree Shops get more Christmas stuff. I'll definitely be heading there next month.

Only 5 & a half months till the Christmas season! :santa1:

We were dying for a white Christmas one year; my husband promised that we'd have one if we went to his hometown in Maine. It didn't snow that year!!! But while we were gone from our home in Virginia, they had a white Christmas in Virginia.

Merry Christmas Darling
07-12-2013, 01:10 AM

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE sock monkeys!

Merry Christmas Darling
07-12-2013, 01:18 AM
My sister's very first quilt was for her baby to lay on. It wasn't really large, but she liked trying something new. It was like this quilt, stuffed with pantyhose. She zigzagged the pockets together on her machine.

http://www.motherearthnews.com/diy/old-pantyhose-quilt-stuffing-zmaz79mazraw.aspx#axzz2YmhJWKdx

"You could also, instead of hand overcasting each square, use a zigzag on top of butted edges when putting together the little pockets."

Merry Christmas Darling
07-14-2013, 06:07 AM
I found some ornaments on eBay that match some I bought in 2010. I like to have several matching ornaments on my tree.

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/New%20Ornaments%202010/FancyFanRed-1.jpg (http://s774.photobucket.com/user/DiademRose/media/New%20Ornaments%202010/FancyFanRed-1.jpg.html)

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/New%20Ornaments%202010/d935761c-bc14-4a12-be89-c91c5a10ad2b_zpsdc337ab4.jpg (http://s774.photobucket.com/user/DiademRose/media/New%20Ornaments%202010/d935761c-bc14-4a12-be89-c91c5a10ad2b_zpsdc337ab4.jpg.html)http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/Christmas%202012/Untitled-5.jpg (http://s774.photobucket.com/user/DiademRose/media/Christmas%202012/Untitled-5.jpg.html)

ornamentmaven
07-14-2013, 05:43 PM
Pretty ornaments MCD -from one ornament lover to another!

Believe it or not I have been planning all my decorating ideas today - with a few twists! I am so excited. I think the Hallmark ornament celebration yesterday really got my spirit going!

Merry Christmas Darling
07-15-2013, 05:11 AM
Pretty ornaments MCD -from one ornament lover to another!

Believe it or not I have been planning all my decorating ideas today - with a few twists! I am so excited. I think the Hallmark ornament celebration yesterday really got my spirit going!

I'm excited for you! Oh, yes, I love Hallmark ornaments, but I can't collect them due to my house being filled with stuff; and in December I get too tired to decorate like I used to. Last year I had only one tabletop tree.

*Snowflake*
07-18-2013, 11:11 AM
People from Sweden who are coming here in Croatia gave me yesterday some Christmas ornaments,I'm so happy:elf3:

Merry Christmas Darling
07-18-2013, 07:28 PM
People from Sweden who are coming here in Croatia gave me yesterday some Christmas ornaments,I'm so happy:elf3:

Yay! :treedance:

ornamentmaven
07-19-2013, 08:32 PM

Bet the ornaments are so pretty!

Merry Christmas Darling
07-26-2013, 05:21 PM
Yesterday the mailman brought the large box of ornaments that I had ordered on ebay! I hate to have to pack them away till Christmas.

omgitzdestineex
08-04-2013, 11:48 PM
good luck moving to your new home omgitzdestineex,can"t believe its only 5 & a half months till the christmas season,i"m so excited:treedance:

Thank you! :elf1: I know; I can't believe it. Only 4 more months now, & only a month & a half till Autumn begins! I get more & more excited everyday.