PDA

View Full Version : Taking it all down again...

Moley
12-28-2012, 11:41 AM
That's when of the reasons I don't decorate much. It's so depressing taking it all down again. Still it must be done...

*Snowflake*
12-28-2012, 02:47 PM
yeah,hate that too,it so depressing.

HolidaySeason
12-30-2012, 01:59 AM
Argh! 5th January every year is the day I dread! The house always looks so bare after the decorations are down!

frostythesnowman
12-30-2012, 09:02 AM
today is when i start taking my decorations down and tomorrow i do the outside...i"m all finished before the 1st january...it"s sooooooooo depressing...........:sad elf:

SilverBells
12-30-2012, 05:16 PM
Not before Jan, 6th. Santa comes on New Year's Day in Greece (St. Vassilios http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basil_of_Caesarea )
And the official Christmas Season lasts till Epiphany Day.

SnowAngel
12-31-2012, 04:22 PM
depressing..... :elf2: it comes and goes too fast!

Papa_Christmas
01-01-2013, 01:55 AM
Not before Jan, 6th. Santa comes on New Year's Day in Greece (St. Vassilios http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basil_of_Caesarea )
And the official Christmas Season lasts till Epiphany Day.

I'm with you SB no religious reason just any excuse to leave'em burning longer.:tree:

Merry Christmas Darling
01-01-2013, 03:13 AM
Well, I usually wait till New Year's Day to start, but I started last night.

Sam the snowman
01-01-2013, 04:25 AM
I took the stuff around the house down 2 days ago ...then the tree on New Years Day.
There is alway's a sense of melancholy every year I take it down but then I think of why Christmas is so special when it returns...because it's not all year long so I try to soak it up when it is here and it is, right up to New Years Day, then I start fresh for what awaits me this next year .
I enjoy a lot of different things all year long and end it with Christmas and New Years.
Until next year!

HolidaySeason
01-01-2013, 05:22 PM
I'm making the most of the last five days of having my decorations up. In the UK, most people take down their decorations on the night of 5th January. It's supposed to be bad luck to take them down earlier than that. I don't get why Americans take them down so early! Christmas is twelve-day celebration over here and lasts until Epiphany. Over there it just seems to be about one day. :|

MinnesotaMike
01-01-2013, 05:49 PM
Our indoor stuff will be taken down and packed away this weekend. I will chip away at the outdoor stuff as weather permits. Last night was the last night I will have my display on outside, but it'll sit out there for a few more weeks as I wait for warmer weather to get stakes out of the ground.

MinnesotaMike
01-01-2013, 05:51 PM
I'm making the most of the last five days of having my decorations up. In the UK, most people take down their decorations on the night of 5th January. It's supposed to be bad luck to take them down earlier than that. I don't get why Americans take them down so early! Christmas is twelve-day celebration over here and lasts until Epiphany. Over there it just seems to be about one day. :|

You couldn't be more wrong. It's absolutely not about one day over here. I have had my lights blazin' since November 22nd.

ornamentmaven
01-01-2013, 10:28 PM
Usually take most of it down on January 2nd - tomorrow. I did take a few items down today. May have to wait to get the outside stuff totally down as some things are buried in snow!

Falksonchristmas
01-03-2013, 12:27 PM
Here in Sweden the offical day for the end of Christmas is 13th January, so I wait to that weekend and i agree itīs so booring and it becomes so dark in the garden :-(

Mary Angeldog
01-17-2013, 04:03 PM
I start putting up my decorations the day after Thanksgiving and start taking them down the day after the epiphany (Jan. 6) Most of my friends wait til after Jan. 1 to take theirs down. I put out my snowman collection during January and February. This keeps the house looking jolly during the dark winter months.

ornamentmaven
01-17-2013, 08:06 PM
Mine all comes down between January 2 and January 5. Today is January 17th and when I was out last night, I would say about 10% of those with outside decs are still up and lit!