PDA

View Full Version : I am just appalled and disgusted

Sleeper
12-23-2012, 03:54 AM
I saw this story about a couple having to pay fines because they have multicolored lights. My god what is a matter with some people? I am just so enraged I can’t even think clearly. :mad:

http://www.wtae.com/news/local/westmoreland/Couple-plans-to-fight-fines-keep-Christmas-decorations-up/-/10932546/17860738/-/80tlvt/-/index.html

Sorry about the commercial, but i don't know how to get around it

HolidaySeason
12-23-2012, 03:21 PM
That's disgraceful! Anybody should be allowed to decorate their house for Christmas however they like!

Sleeper
12-23-2012, 07:08 PM
I happened to like multicolored lights because it makes me feel like Christmas. It’s the only time of year of year that you can get away with it.

I see white lights all year long and in fact I use them around my back patio for night time barbeque parties, but for Christmas I think of colored lights. For me multicolored is magical and I have to say that some of the so called white lights look more like a depressing yellow to me.

I live in a valley with fairly new street lights that are a sickening yellow and every time I drive over the mountain pass and look down at the valley at night with those yellow lights, it just makes me feel ill. My only relief is at Christmas time when everyone has the colored lights out to make it easier to look at.

There is another valley community nearby with much older street lights that are actually white and I just love driving into that valley even when its not Christmas. :santahat:

Merry Christmas Darling
12-23-2012, 10:50 PM
Something tells me that Ladd Thompson's stocking will be filled with coal this year.

http://triblive.com/neighborhoods/yourmurrysville/yourmurrysvillemore/3123152-74/lights-association-council#axzz2Fuhbp98K

Sleeper
12-23-2012, 11:27 PM
I sure hope public opinion can change this stupid rule. They speak about the property values dropping. I mean come on is that not the dumbest thing you ever heard. I wonder what would happen if enough people protested this on facebook or twitter
I looked at a place with a homeowners association when I was buying my current home and I’m so glad I didn’t buy it.

sorellehome
01-16-2013, 06:38 AM
Christmas is the day of celebration. This is nothing but a reason of decorating, lightening our home and garden and our entire surrounding environment. The people who refuse for this they are the fool.

Spiritual Crystal (http://www.sorellehome.com/ic498frm.asp?COMBO1=CRY-RELIG)

penny2012
01-18-2013, 06:22 AM
If u have read "The Lost Symbol" written by Dan Brown, many many things in this book are true. And many many people are contacting the God face to face. Dan Brown said in the book: " the soul(s) exist. When people die, soul would be separated from body". The priest in the book already knew The God Exist before he died

Moley
01-21-2013, 11:02 AM
Are these fines actually enforcable? I'm sure there would be grounds for a legal challenge under what shreds of the constitution are left after Bush and Obama have finished their work with the correction fluid. Even in Orwellian Britain we don't have this sort of thing going on.

Sleeper
01-21-2013, 03:44 PM
Well I’m not an attorney, but I believe that when you buy a place in one of these communities you have to sign an agreement stating you will abide by the rules or be fined or kicked out whether you own the place or not. I hear stories about homeowners associations all the time from having a flag to what kind of car you drive. I personally would never move in to one of these places and lose part of my freedoms.
I guess it works to some peoples advantage, but you if are just the slightest bit indifferent then it could end up as a nightmare.

Moley
01-22-2013, 10:35 AM
Maybe the wider christmas community could get a campaign going in support of the couple. We are many, the nitpickers are few...

Amar530
04-07-2013, 11:19 AM
Sound good........:presents1::presents1:

MinnesotaMike
04-08-2013, 01:56 AM
rules are rules.

Moley
08-10-2013, 11:07 AM
Now's the time to offer our support...

ornamentmaven
08-11-2013, 03:33 AM
These are the condominium rules - not local government rules. I have a homeowner's association where I live, but it's not a condo community. We are a separate community within a village. We have two private lakes and common recreation areas for use by association residents only. We are required to pay annual dues - mainly for the costs of maintaining the parks and lakes and employing life guards. Other than that - there are no rules at all!!!