PDA

View Full Version : Need Gift Ideas Help

Katie.B
11-19-2012, 12:47 PM
Hi, any ideas of a present for a boy (15). He is my boyfriend's son and I am going to meet him for the first time this Christmas and I would want to surprise him with a nice gift. My budget is about £70 or £80.
I was thinking about some video game (but I don't know his preferences), a gadget, or even a watch...

Can you please help me with some suggestions ! :presents3:

frostythesnowman
11-19-2012, 05:46 PM
Hi, any ideas of a present for a boy (15). He is my boyfriend's son and I am going to meet him for the first time this Christmas and I would want to surprise him with a nice gift. My budget is about £70 or £80.
I was thinking about some video game (but I don't know his preferences), a gadget, or even a watch...

hi katie.b....itune vouchers....game/hmv vouchers......:snowman:

Katie.B
11-19-2012, 05:56 PM
hi katie.b....itune vouchers....game/hmv vouchers......:snowman:

Don't you think vouchers are very impersonal and emotionally neutral?

Please tell me if you have any more ideas though. :xmaswink:

frostythesnowman
11-19-2012, 06:08 PM

hummmm!....how about sporting gear....football top...concert tickets.........:snowman:

cat_dazzle
11-19-2012, 07:38 PM
From about 14 years and older, boys prefer cash - so they can go get what they really want. They do remember where they money (or voucher) came from, and remember how they were able to procure their treasure.

Katie.B
11-21-2012, 10:44 AM
hummmm!....how about sporting gear....football top...concert tickets.........:snowman:

I still think cash is very impersonal.

Sporting gear is actually a great idea! I've recently seen an ad for this small camera for sports, since I found out Josh is really into Skateboarding I thought I could get him this camera to film his progress and I was also thinking about some watch (which obviously would have to be sports resistant). Do you think that would be a good combo? :giftpeek:

frostythesnowman
11-21-2012, 10:49 AM
I still think cash is very impersonal.

Sporting gear is actually a great idea! I've recently seen an ad for this small camera for sports, since I found out Josh is really into Skateboarding I thought I could get him this camera to film his progress and I was also thinking about some watch (which obviously would have to be sports resistant). Do you think that would be a good combo? :giftpeek:

hi katie.b....yup sounds good to me:elf3:

Katie.B
11-21-2012, 11:17 AM
I think the camera is called a Go Hero but it looks quite expensive for what it is... I also found this shop that sells Sports watches (http://www.tictactime.co.uk/shop-online-watches-gent-sports-1__4_____1_____1___________________________.html) do you think any of these wiill do? I would like him top wear it and not just leave it in a drawer somewhere...

Katie.B
11-21-2012, 01:56 PM
I posted a reply here but for some reason it does not show. Is there something I did wrong?

frostythesnowman
11-21-2012, 05:17 PM
I posted a reply here but for some reason it does not show. Is there something I did wrong?

hummm!.....dunno katie.b........i"m sure chantelle joy would help you out there!.............:waving:

ChantelleJoy
11-22-2012, 07:27 AM
Your post was flagged as spam because it contains a link, I've allowed it. :) Goodluck on your hunt for the perfect gift!

aLEKSA.
11-24-2012, 11:07 AM
They love games and sports most. So choose something in between these two.

ernies
11-27-2012, 05:55 AM
I would definitively recommend a video game such as Call of Duty or Halo. I love both of the series and I'm sure he would as well. However you want to make sure that he has the consoles needed to actually play the games.

MerryMaryAnne
11-27-2012, 06:44 PM
You could ask his father what kind of music he listens to and buy him a couple of band shirts. Bonding through music is a good way to get some cool points!

sorellehome
12-06-2012, 08:58 AM
As he is of age 15 so, you can't gift any sort of toys or dresses etc. At this age generally boys likes playing video games on computers or mobiles. So, you can gift some CD of latest games. I think he will definitely like this.
Christmas in July (http://www.sorellehome.com/blog/christmas-in-july/)

Papa_Christmas
12-06-2012, 01:50 PM

Katie.B my dear you feel that way because you are a woman.
We are talking about a 15 year old male here.
Having been one raised one and working on two grandsons take it from Old Papa a gift card from a local gaming store or cash will move you right to the top of the gift givers list in this young man's eyes. :elf3:

sjang23
12-12-2012, 08:51 PM

If the kid has an iPod, I would suggest purchasing a case for the device or a gift card for iTunes. I buy my younger cousins iTunes gift cards all the time and they love it.

mstucker
12-18-2012, 12:19 PM

Also you will leave a good impression on the kid and it will cost you half your budget. (Continued from my previous post ........ awaiting approval)

Mellisaadc123
12-18-2012, 12:54 PM
You have number of choices...PEN ROLLERBALL SILVER is also a good choice...

ldiliberto
12-18-2012, 06:32 PM
If he lives gadgets, how about a google nexus 7 tablet, it's about $199 US, I have one and love it

Mellisaadc123
12-20-2012, 10:59 AM
yes its a good choice..

MinnesotaMike
04-09-2013, 02:10 AM
riveting