PDA

View Full Version : How many trees?

ladyice
11-12-2008, 10:31 PM
Do you think it's overkill to have a tree in your bedroom? I have trees in my living room (this is my main tree and it's huge), my home office (6'), guest bedroom (4'), kitchen (12") and backyard (2').

I really want a 4' or 5' tree for upstairs. :christmastree:

Am I overdoing it?

Merry Christmas Darling
11-12-2008, 10:47 PM
Do you think it's overkill to have a tree in your bedroom? I have trees in my living room (this is my main tree and it's huge), my home office (6'), guest bedroom (4'), kitchen (12") and backyard (2').

Am I overdoing it?

Go for it! I have four trees: one in living room (7-1/2'), two in dining room (32"), and one in the guest room (probably 3-1/2').

:christmastree: :christmastree: :christmastree:

Crazymike1965
11-12-2008, 11:49 PM
I would love to have a 12' tree :jumping: My wife and I have a red themed tree in our bedroom.

onemagicalchristmas
11-12-2008, 11:53 PM
I would like to have one in our bedroom. I will next year but hubby will not be for it. I only have one this year. And if my dad makes a tree stand for my 4' one I will put it up too! but the more the merrier!:christmastree::tree::rudolph:

ladyice
11-13-2008, 01:55 AM
Oh good, then I am not the only one :D

What do you think of this one?

onemagicalchristmas
11-13-2008, 02:35 AM
That was is cute. I am downloading pictures of trees and going to start a scrapbook of pictures from now until I am gone! I have a good start on them. :christmastree:

ladyice
11-13-2008, 02:58 AM
Oh a scrapbook is a great idea!

Merry Christmas Darling
11-13-2008, 03:52 AM
Oh good, then I am not the only one :D

What do you think of this one?

That's pretty.

ladyice
11-13-2008, 03:59 AM
That's pretty.

I think that's the winner for the upstairs room :christmastree:

Xmasflora
11-13-2008, 09:29 AM
I do one fresh tree in the living room and DD has minitree artificial for her bedroom that is it !

PumpkinJack81
11-13-2008, 12:58 PM

Am I overdoing it?

I think it's all up to you...If you have the room for the trees, you may as well put them up. :christmastree:

We'll probably just have one this year since we have our busy one-year-old. Our first year of being married DW and I put up a live tree in our living room, as we always do, and I got my mom's old artificial tree and put it up in the sitting room. I was excited about having two trees because it was our first Christmas being married and in our new house. :D

ladyice
11-13-2008, 02:30 PM
and I got my mom's old artificial tree and put it up in the sitting room. I was excited about having two trees because it was our first Christmas being married and in our new house. :D

aww that's sweet :) Last year was the first year in my new home, I loved it. It's different when your home is yours.

PumpkinJack81
11-14-2008, 02:48 AM
aww that's sweet :) Last year was the first year in my new home, I loved it. It's different when your home is yours.

Thanks. :D It really is...I've always enjoyed decorating for the holidays, but once DW and I moved into our house the holidays took on a whole new meaning. :tree:

onemagicalchristmas
11-14-2008, 02:54 AM
this will be our third year in our trailor and I love decorating it up . Today we added lights around our living ceiling and down the hallway. I have two strands of white rose lights that I am trying to figure out where we can hang them. I have had them for years and have never gotten them out of the box until this year. :presents2:

Donna-50
11-16-2008, 06:31 PM
I put one in FR (7 1/2'), one in LR (6 1/2) and a three ft in DR. My three kids put a small tree in their rooms. I put a silver tree in the guest bath sometimes.

ladyice
11-16-2008, 08:22 PM
I put one in FR (7 1/2'), one in LR (6 1/2) and a three ft in DR. My three kids put a small tree in their rooms. I put a silver tree in the guest bath sometimes.

Oh good, I am not alone! :christmastree:

lynnenc
11-16-2008, 08:41 PM
this is my first post here and I am here to confess I am a Christmas-aholic - we have about 15 decorated trees and yes we have a tree in our bedroom - actually 2 trees - one is a small table top that stays out all year and then we put up a 6ft Victorian for Christmas

I think I am going to like this forum :christmastree:

glone
11-16-2008, 10:52 PM
huh. Traditionally, we have always had one tree. I never thought about having more than one.

Although, it would be pretty cool to have a Christmas tree forest in my living room. hehe

ladyice
11-16-2008, 11:27 PM
this is my first post here and I am here to confess I am a Christmas-aholic - we have about 15 decorated trees and yes we have a tree in our bedroom - actually 2 trees - one is a small table top that stays out all year and then we put up a 6ft Victorian for Christmas

Welcome to the forum! Yes, you'll like it here presents

PT ROSE
11-17-2008, 03:59 AM
We put trees everywhere. :christmastree:I also put 2 small Victorian trees in my bedroom.

PumpkinJack81
11-17-2008, 12:38 PM

Hi Lynne and welcome! :waving:

I'm glad to see another North Carolinian here...There's a good number of NC natives here. I'm right outside of Charlotte. I think you'll definitely enjoy the forums and hope to hear more from you soon! :santa:

Merry Christmas,
Bob, Forum Moderator :snowman:

onemagicalchristmas
11-19-2008, 12:17 AM
hello Lynne and welcome I am in Conover NC. glad you joined us!:santahat:

lynnenc
11-19-2008, 04:09 AM
Thank you for the welcome:tree:

Bee
11-22-2008, 01:11 AM
Thats the spirit, the more the merrier. Send pictures when you finish decorating your trees :christmastree: I would love to see them.:jumping:

k nielsen
11-22-2008, 10:33 PM
You should do whatever makes you happy! Ify ou want more trees- then add more trees. This season is all about joy and love- I say go for it!

onemagicalchristmas
11-22-2008, 11:41 PM
would you come and tell my hisband that please I would love to decorate our bedroom and the guest room but he thinks it is too much!

:my lord::my lord::my lord::my lord::my lord::my lord::my lord::my lord::my lord:

MarineBrat
11-24-2008, 06:22 PM

Am I overdoing it?

Nope not if that's what you want. Lynnenc does one and it's my favorite. When she decorates it she will have to post a pic of it. :waving:

onemagicalchristmas
11-26-2008, 01:24 AM
I have hubby talking about buying a third tree for next year. He said it would be nice to have another one today! I just have to save the money up and get a cheap 6 ft one for our bedroom next year. Dollar general had some nice ones last year maybe they will again this year!

lynnenc
11-26-2008, 04:50 AM
Dollar General does have them again this year - We bought 2 more just the other day - 6' for $20 each - they really decorate up pretty ....

Lynne:christmastree:

theedwin
11-26-2008, 07:04 AM
I highly suggest shopping thrift stores!

The neat thing about getting trees at thrift stores is (ok, there are a few neat things)
1. Trees are something that people take care of. They spend a lot of money on them and the put them back in the box that they came in. Namely, 99% of the time, all the pieces are there. (including the stand!)
2. They are alot cheaper at thrift stores (especially in July!)
3. Sometimes you get some really neat lights and ornaments along with your thrift store tree.

I bought 12 trees from thrift stores this year and I got some pretty neat trees. I didn't even have to spend more than about $3-$5 each!

E

Donna-50
11-26-2008, 06:21 PM
My thrift shop had tons of trees last year but would only put one out at a time. They were the real straggly ones. I ended up going to the store.