PDA

View Full Version : Candy Cane Christmas Ornament

Laurengreen
10-10-2012, 07:40 AM
I’ve decided to decorate my tree in all different types of candy cane this year – and started buying some online.

JoslynJames
10-11-2012, 02:06 AM
I decorated my tree with all different types of candy one year. Unfortunately, by the time Christmas rolled around, almost all of the candy was gone from the tree. I can't have candy visible like that to me. It's a weakness.

Winters Song
10-12-2012, 11:09 PM
Sounds very pretty!

Christmas_mama
10-13-2012, 09:22 AM
I decorated my tree with all different types of candy one year. Unfortunately, by the time Christmas rolled around, almost all of the candy was gone from the tree. I can't have candy visible like that to me. It's a weakness.

I have glass candy canes for my tree :xmaswink:

MinnesotaMike
10-13-2012, 03:19 PM
I always find it interesting when my ATC friends use a singular theme for tree decoration. It sounds very cool, but I don't have enough of any one type of ornament to do something like that.

ornamentmaven
10-13-2012, 07:00 PM
I always find it interesting when my ATC friends use a singular theme for tree decoration. It sounds very cool, but I don't have enough of any one type of ornament to do something like that.

Yeah Mike, I agree. I have two 3 foot trees - both white. Last year I did a theme for one of them. Solid purple ornaments, purple lights and my Hallmark ornament series of Madame Alexnder dolls. It was really cute, but my main tree will always be the ornaments I've collected over the years - they are so special to me

Merry Christmas Darling
10-14-2012, 12:29 AM
I'm crazy about themed trees, but a tree with candy canes would have to have other kinds of candy or I'd be bored.

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/Christmas%20in%20Our%20Home/Picture002-1.jpg

angelpugs2
10-14-2012, 09:20 AM
that is lovely as i do themed trees myself one is done blue,white,silver and has snowmen i'm always changing as one is done in victorian christmas style which is nice and have one in red,white and silver with santa's,ball ornaments in red and white and candy canes,each year i enjoy doing these.:elf3:55945595

ChristmasFairy
10-14-2012, 10:15 AM
I'm crazy about themed trees, but a tree with candy canes would have to have other kinds of candy or I'd be bored.

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/Christmas%20in%20Our%20Home/Picture002-1.jpgI am also into themed trees ... that is sooo pretty !!! :christmastree:

Merry Christmas Darling
10-14-2012, 04:01 PM
that is lovely as i do themed trees myself one is done blue,white,silver and has snowmen i'm always changing as one is done in victorian christmas style which is nice and have one in red,white and silver with santa's,ball ornaments in red and white and candy canes,each year i enjoy doing these.

I have a blue and silver one, too:

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/Christmas%20Tabletop%20Trees/o31C04EF2-1-1.jpg

Merry Christmas Darling
10-14-2012, 04:04 PM
I am also into themed trees ... that is sooo pretty !!! :christmastree:

Thank you. The felt ornaments were handmade in Hungary. I started collecting them in 1972.

Fezziwig
10-16-2012, 12:29 AM

I have the same problem, Joslyn lol. That is why all of the candy and treats on the tree are made from plastic (but look real!)

JollyElfDC
10-23-2012, 12:45 AM

That brought back a very old memory. When I was little, my mother would make gingerbread men to hang on the tree. We would also hang candy canes and little foil wrapped chocolate balls that looked like Christmas ornaments. With three kids, the tree started looking pretty bare. After that Christmas my mother made the rule of "No eating off the tree until Boxing day!" I'm kind of surprised that we kids controlled ourselves as much as we did.

storm85
10-23-2012, 01:08 AM
I would love to see a pic once your done. The idea sounds very interesting

Cinder
10-25-2012, 04:54 PM
That sounds like an interesting idea. I'd like to see the outcome of it! Good luck :).