PDA

View Full Version : Best way to establish a vintage, classic Christmas atmosphere?

TheWire
09-09-2012, 06:56 AM
What type of decorations and whatnot would you recommend? Something that encapsulates that classic, cosy, vintage Christmas atmosphere.

Thanks!

ornamentmaven
09-09-2012, 09:14 PM
A real tree and real garlands around doors and fireplace; glass ornaments - all colors maybe some things with feathers!

Merry Christmas Darling
09-10-2012, 01:45 AM
Live in a house with a fireplace.

TheWire
09-10-2012, 05:44 AM
Live in a house with a fireplace.
You make it sound so easy.

Merry Christmas Darling
09-10-2012, 12:17 PM
You make it sound so easy.

I know. I don't have a fireplace and probably never will, but I would love to have one! http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/Christmas%20Graphics/ChristmasFireplace.gif

TheWire
09-11-2012, 02:47 AM
I know. I don't have a fireplace and probably never will, but I would love to have one! http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/Christmas%20Graphics/ChristmasFireplace.gif

That makes two of us.

ChristmasFairy
09-12-2012, 10:45 AM
That makes three of us...........:elf1:

ornamentmaven
09-12-2012, 06:23 PM

That fireplace looks like one that I have on a Christmas puzzle!

SilverBells
09-12-2012, 08:43 PM
I have a fireplace :home: :elf1: :elf3:

Merry Christmas Darling
09-14-2012, 07:36 PM
For those who aren't blessed with a fireplace, as SilverBells is, you could try a DIY project and make a faux fireplace using decorative lights as a "fire."

This one is from Bellas Rose Cottage:

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/Interiors/bellasrosecottage_fauxfireplace.jpg

tinkerbell2
09-14-2012, 09:27 PM
We don't have a real fireplace.:christmastree:
Our fireplace during the day last Christmas

With the lights on..

ornamentmaven
09-15-2012, 04:52 PM
My fireplace is a favorite part of my home even though I don't use it much

*Snowflake*
09-16-2012, 04:06 PM
We don't have a real fireplace.:christmastree:
Our fireplace during the day last Christmas

With the lights on..

it's beautiful:santa:

michelmas
09-16-2012, 08:54 PM
The question regarding a classic, cozy, vintage Christmas atmosphere: Whatever type of Christmas you are striving for, i.e. Currier and Ives, Victorian, childhood memories, etc., would include sights, smells and sound. For me the sight part would be a Christmas tree with lots of ornaments, garland with pine cones and red gingham bows and snow (something, however, I have no control over). For the smell part I put drops of pine oil on light bulbs for a pine scent because our Christmas tree is artificial and lighted spice scented candles. For the sound element, I like quiet while reading an advent devotional as well soft Christmas music. Although I am not much into Christmas baking anymore I think decorated Christmas cookies and gingerbread people would add a nice touch to a classic, cozy Christmas.

ornamentmaven
09-16-2012, 09:47 PM
The question regarding a classic, cozy, vintage Christmas atmosphere: Whatever type of Christmas you are striving for, i.e. Currier and Ives, Victorian, childhood memories, etc., would include sights, smells and sound. For me the sight part would be a Christmas tree with lots of ornaments, garland with pine cones and red gingham bows and snow (something, however, I have no control over). For the smell part I put drops of pine oil on light bulbs for a pine scent because our Christmas tree is artificial and lighted spice scented candles. For the sound element, I like quiet while reading an advent devotional as well soft Christmas music. Although I am not much into Christmas baking anymore I think decorated Christmas cookies and gingerbread people would add a nice touch to a classic, cozy Christmas.

That sounds great!