PDA

View Full Version : Egg Nog

PH214
11-10-2008, 05:31 AM
1 1/2 cups Sugar

1 liter Cream

Vanilla

Nutmeg (to garnish)

Separate room temperature eggs. Beat yolks with half the sugar until creamy. Beat whites with half the sugar until peaks hold. Beat cream until stiff. Fold everything together. Add vanilla to taste. Refrigerate in covered container at least 24 hours. Put in serving bowl, sprinkle with nutmeg.

Serves 8

ladyice
11-10-2008, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the recipee!

PH214
11-10-2008, 06:30 PM
Your welcome! I know not everyone likes Egg Nog, but it is Christmas-y so I wanted to add it :)

tlazer
12-08-2008, 08:09 AM
:tree: Yes thank you for the recipe ! I think after looking at your recipe my nieces and nephew have been making it wrong.So I cant wait to try this one.Thanks again:blowing::waving:

PH214
12-08-2008, 04:21 PM
You are very welcome!

steph535
12-08-2008, 04:32 PM
thank you for the recipe. I love egg nog. but, am I missing something? because I don't see eggs on your list of ingredients. Is there a certain amount of eggs to use with this recipe or is it up to the maker to decide? Also, what about the possibility of salmonella poisoning that "they" say you can get from consuming raw eggs? decades ago, my mother would frequently make us kids a homemade breakfast drink that used raw eggs and we were just fine, but nowadays they say not to eat them. I don't want to risk getting salmonella, but I don't want to give up some good egg nog either. And this homemade egg nog, undoubtedly, has to be the best. thanks again.

tlazer
12-08-2008, 05:01 PM
Steph 535
Maybe in some instances salmonella does occur.
But let say in my 40 something yrs.I have never gotten sick off of this,and if I tell you other things I have Eaten Raw ,Probably will make your stomach turn. LOL If you want try making 1 batch with the eggs and 1 without for people who are weary then do that but have a Merry Christmas:tree:

PH214
12-08-2008, 05:11 PM
thank you for the recipe. I love egg nog. but, am I missing something? because I don't see eggs on your list of ingredients. Is there a certain amount of eggs to use with this recipe or is it up to the maker to decide? Also, what about the possibility of salmonella poisoning that "they" say you can get from consuming raw eggs? decades ago, my mother would frequently make us kids a homemade breakfast drink that used raw eggs and we were just fine, but nowadays they say not to eat them. I don't want to risk getting salmonella, but I don't want to give up some good egg nog either. And this homemade egg nog, undoubtedly, has to be the best. thanks again.

WHOOPS! Im sorry! its 4 eggs for 8 servings, 8 eggs for 16 servings and 12 eggs for 24 servings.

As for the Salmonella, I guess it happens, I've NEVER gotten sick from eggs nog or any thing else that has raw eggs.

HollyJoy
12-08-2008, 05:16 PM
Heres a Cinnamon Eggnog Cocktail from safeway.com/holiday. Its a nice way to spice up your normal eggnog for the holidays. The recipe also says to use Martini glasses.

http://holiday2008.skyworld.com/images/recipes/74_big.jpg

* Martini glasses
* Eggnog
* Cinnamon
* Cinnamon stick

1.Fill martini glasses with eggnog.

2.Sprinkle with cinnamon and garnish with a cinnamon stick.

3.Add a splash of brandy, if you like.

steph535
12-08-2008, 07:29 PM
thanks very much everyone for your info, I feel a lot better about it now.

HollyJoy
12-09-2008, 04:18 PM
No problem :snowman:

onemagicalchristmas
12-09-2008, 07:18 PM
I never thought of making my own egg nog! thanks for the recipe!:santa1: