PDA

View Full Version : When do you begin planning your decorating?

Moley
08-02-2012, 08:55 PM
When do you begin planning your christmas decorations? Does it take longer to think about large interanl and external displays?

HollyJolly
08-02-2012, 11:58 PM
When do you begin planning your christmas decorations? Does it take longer to think about large interanl and external displays?

I begin planning on December 26th for the next year...I am always thinking about it...I will see something that is not necessarily Christmas and then think of how it could become a Christmas decoration! :elf3:

MinnesotaMike
08-03-2012, 12:25 AM
I've been working on my yard display since last Christmas.

Merry Christmas Darling
08-03-2012, 03:41 AM
I believe I started many years ago. I can hardly remember a day I haven't thought about Christmas.

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/Christmas%20Graphics/Ornament_22.gif

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/Christmas%20Graphics/ChristmasDayCalendar.gif

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/Christmas%20Graphics/ChristmasandCozyFire-1.gif

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/Avatars/JesusGreatestGift.jpg

SilverBells
08-03-2012, 04:03 AM
I believe I started many years ago. I can hardly remember a day I haven't thought about Christmas.

Same here. I think about Christmas all the time and plan my decorations even if it's in the middle of a heatwave :)

ornamentmaven
08-03-2012, 07:00 AM
My decorations have become family traditions. I generally decorate the same way each year adding something new and eliminating something that is tired, each year!

ladyice
08-04-2012, 01:13 PM
:home:

I usually start now. I do Halloween and Christmas plans at the same time because I love all the holidays during the seasons.

*Snowflake*
08-06-2012, 06:41 PM
I planned when I'm thinking of it,so if some ideas come to my mind or I see something I could add,I start planning:elf3:

tinkerbell2
08-06-2012, 08:14 PM
I have started to think about where I'm going to move the furniture for the tree's...:christmastree:

SilverBells
08-07-2012, 03:06 AM
I have started to think about where I'm going to move the furniture for the tree's...:christmastree:

:xmashigh5: :giftpeek: :home: :christmastree:

*Snowflake*
08-08-2012, 02:34 AM
I made decorations for the tree today and I was seriously thinking we should buy a new bigger tree:christmastree:

sorellehome
08-22-2012, 04:42 PM
Not only for Christmas but in every occasion for the decoration of home I usually start planning for that before two or three months of that event. Because decoration of home is the most important and difficult task in any function.

MinnesotaMike
08-22-2012, 10:19 PM
We're getting new siding on the house in a few weeks, so I am planning on where I will want new hooks!!

Merry Christmas Darling
08-23-2012, 11:22 AM
We're getting new siding on the house in a few weeks, so I am planning on where I will want new hooks!!

That's exciting, Mike. We got new siding on the back of the house, due to several areas of damage.

I won't feel like doing much outdoor decorating this year. My husband is very, very ill. He used to put all the extension cords out for me.

Merry Christmas Darling
08-23-2012, 11:25 AM
I made decorations for the tree today and I was seriously thinking we should buy a new bigger tree:christmastree:

I look forward to your photos! :hopxmas:

Moley
08-23-2012, 08:46 PM
Marshmallow World: I hope your husband gets well soon.

ornamentmaven
08-24-2012, 12:04 AM
Marshmallow World: I hope your husband gets well soon.

My prayers are with you and your husband, Marshmallow World

SilverBells
08-24-2012, 04:13 AM
My prayers are with you and your husband, Marshmallow World

Mine too MW. :my lord:

ornamentmaven
08-25-2012, 12:58 AM
Really wonderful!!:hopxmas:

?????

SnowAngel
08-25-2012, 11:08 PM
MW - I hope your husband gets better soon.

I usually start decorating the day after Thanksgiving or the following week. If I'm having a party (which I haven't had in a few years), I'll start the week of Thanksgving, as I tend to put ALL my decorations up for that.

Mazzy
08-26-2012, 04:08 AM
I love seeing outdoor decorations. I would love to do an outdoor display but where i live i would be lucky to have anything left so i just put something up in the window.

My house usually looks like the Christmas Fairy has gone on a rampage when i decorate though. I put the decs up on 1st December so im REALLY happy its a Sat this year :home:

*Snowflake*
08-26-2012, 09:41 PM
I love seeing outdoor decorations. I would love to do an outdoor display but where i live i would be lucky to have anything left so i just put something up in the window.

My house usually looks like the Christmas Fairy has gone on a rampage when i decorate though. I put the decs up on 1st December so im REALLY happy its a Sat this year :home:

I love outdoor decorations too,I'm always waiting when the streets wll be decorated:christmastree:

ornamentmaven
08-27-2012, 03:19 AM

That Christmas Fairy sure loves to decorate. My house is the same - people are generally speechless when they walk into my home!

Mazzy
08-27-2012, 03:23 AM
When i had my 1st Christmas with Col he didnt believe me when i told him i go a little bit mad so when he came home from work he was WTF?!?! He is slowly getting into my frame of mind :elf3:

ornamentmaven
08-27-2012, 03:28 AM
When i had my 1st Christmas with Col he didnt believe me when i told him i go a little bit mad so when he came home from work he was WTF?!?! He is slowly getting into my frame of mind :elf3:

HaHa! My husband loves all the decorating. We've been married almost 33 years now so he gets upset if I don't put it ALL up!

Mazzy
08-27-2012, 03:33 AM
Me and Col have been together 6 and a half and celebrating our 1st wedding anniversary tomorrow. Last year for Christmas he went out and ordered me some limited edition "The Chive" Christmas Baubles

ChristmasFairy
08-31-2012, 06:42 PM
I start planning when I take the decorations down as that's when I make my 'Wish List' and 'To Do List' for the following Christmas.

Then right around this time I'm seriously looking at the lists and can't stop thinking about what I would like to do ...
:elf3:

Crazymike1965
09-01-2012, 12:35 AM
I am very sorry to hear about your husband MW. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

ChristmasFairy
09-01-2012, 06:29 AM
I am very sorry to hear about your husband MW. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Same here MW ...

Art
09-01-2012, 07:07 AM
I am very fortunate to be able to keep the inside of my home decorated 365 days a year. I have (12) fully decorated Christmas Trees (for the Twelve Days of Christmas of course), and a forty year collection of Santas which I leave out year round. We celebrate the spirit of Christmas year round!:xmascandycane:

Merry Christmas Darling
09-02-2012, 02:25 PM
Thank you, Mike and Calypso.

Winters Song
09-22-2012, 06:20 PM
I love decorating I learned from my mother who used to do it but since has become to ill.I do it now and it's one of my favorite things.I have been planning for this year since last year lol.I wanna do blue lights outside as I did multi-color last year.So probably after I get the Halloween stuff down I will start buying my new holiday lights etc.Can't Wait :home:

King Rick
10-03-2012, 08:04 AM
I usually start planning in October, right as my girlfriend starts to get excited for Halloween, I realize that Christmas is only 2 1/2 months away and that it's going to get here faster than I think. Need to have everything planned out so I'm not running around like a crazy man the last few days before Christmas.

ornamentmaven
10-03-2012, 06:59 PM
I have already planned out my decorating. I am pretty traditional and tend to decorate in a similar fashion each year. I will make a few changes this year! Decorating usually starts the day after Thanksgiving. This year, I believe that's Nov 23rd. May put up one small tree prior to that

*Snowflake*
10-04-2012, 04:50 PM
I have already planned out my decorating. I am pretty traditional and tend to decorate in a similar fashion each year. I will make a few changes this year! Decorating usually starts the day after Thanksgiving. This year, I believe that's Nov 23rd. May put up one small tree prior to that

I planned everything also,so excited:elf1:

MinnesotaMike
10-04-2012, 06:34 PM
Kinda flyin' by the seat of my pants as far as yard stuff goes. I have purchased several things, but won't know where they will go until I start doing it.

Papa_Christmas
10-04-2012, 06:49 PM
I never stop:elf1:

olga
10-15-2012, 08:24 AM
First November has always been the start of Christmas decoration, for me and my family.

storm85
10-23-2012, 04:26 AM
1st of Dec used to be our dedicated day to decorate however each year it has been getting earlier

ideasforchristmasgift
10-25-2012, 12:31 AM
We usually start to decorate around the first of December. Any earlier is just too early. We need to appreciate Thanksgiving for what it is which is not the beginning of Christmas. Thanksgiving gets shafted being tied to Christmas that way. So we start at the beginning of December but probably will still leave something undone. We try to get all of us together around the first weekend in December to put up the tree.:presents3:

Cinder
10-25-2012, 04:44 PM
My family starts the first weekend of December. Since we generally do the same things, not a lot of planning is needed.

Fezziwig
10-25-2012, 11:43 PM
I am normally driven to begin decorating the day after (American) Thanksgiving. I say driven because I generally get some good deals on decorations later in the day on 'Black Friday' and am very impatient. Each year I say I am gonna wait until December 1st and each year I find a new decoration or prop and, while the little lady is in the house napping, I am on the ladder in the yard whistling jingle-bells.

ornamentmaven
10-26-2012, 02:26 AM
I used to always wait until the 1st of December, but as I get older, it takes me longer to get things done, so now I start the day after Thanksgiving. I wouldNEVER decorate before Thanksgiving. It is a great holiday and deserves it's own attention and respect

Mistletoe
10-30-2012, 12:47 AM
I usually begin planning next year's decorations sometime in December, while looking at this year's decorations. :christmastree:

Falksonchristmas
10-30-2012, 09:18 AM
Like Mistletoe i begin planning in December, If i came across some nice decorations or some really good light displays i get new ideas for next display.
This year our homepage celibrates itīs 5th year and we make a totaly new display. I usual start cutting and painting in end of august, then the more hands on work is about now ;-) And now the first lights are in place :-)

frostythesnowman
11-02-2012, 09:34 PM
i will start decorating on the 24th november...its starting to feel like christmas!

DayTek
11-03-2012, 03:56 PM
There's not really much to 'plan' as it were. I do just about the same thing every year. I get out the 'winter' stuff on Remembrance Day, which is November 11th here in Canada, like Veteran's Day in the US. I always get the holiday off work as I'm in banking, so I take the day to listen to a service on the radio and then decorate. More Christmassy stuff will go up a bit later.

We don't have a front yard as we are in a semi-detached home and there isn't yard in front of the house, just driveway. So we can't do much of a display. We do up our porch and garage with lights though - Hubby will do that around the middle of November.

One thing different I would like to find this year is a large, pre-lit wreath for the house outside :)

Fezziwig
11-03-2012, 06:27 PM
A bit of a change of plans with this damned "Frankenstorm" that has just rolled through. I was without power for about 4 days and spent much of the evening with my girlfriend going over plans for Christmas (its good to talk about good times in the wake of tragedy) Then during the day I was replacing much of the siding which had fallen and began mapping out my outdoor christmas lights plan.

precious007
11-05-2012, 06:17 AM
I already started to think about the decorations.

I am basically decorating my entire house and put lights on the exteriors and interiors of the windows.

ornamentmaven
11-05-2012, 11:08 PM
A bit of a change of plans with this damned "Frankenstorm" that has just rolled through. I was without power for about 4 days and spent much of the evening with my girlfriend going over plans for Christmas (its good to talk about good times in the wake of tragedy) Then during the day I was replacing much of the siding which had fallen and began mapping out my outdoor christmas lights plan.

Yeah Hurricane Sandy really put a damper on things. Lost power for 6 days- just came back on last night. Now I hope to concentrate on Christmas!