PDA

View Full Version : Question on a gift idea...

MinnesotaMike
07-13-2012, 06:29 AM
My wife has been wanting a new vacuum for a couple years now. She HATES the one we have and as a result, I usually end up doing the vacuuming. We were looking at them a couple weeks ago, and she found one she really likes but of course it's high-end and quite expensive. I always like to get her one "expensive" gift, and I THINK she would be very happy with a gift like that. What do you ladies think? Is that a totally lame idea? Would you be offended or disappointed to get a vacuum for Christmas? As it is now, I don't have any other solid ideas for her "surprise" gift. I have time to think yet, but I wanted feedback on that idea. Thanks for your thoughts!!

MinnesotaMike
07-13-2012, 06:31 AM
By the way...when I say "surprise", it's because we always budget how much we are going to spend on each other, but I always tuck away some extra cash to get her something above and beyond the budget.

Merry Christmas Darling
07-13-2012, 11:57 AM
My mother, my daughter, and I would LOVE such a gift! How well do you know your wife's feelings about Christmas? Does she only like frivolous, girly things?

:tree1:

MinnesotaMike
07-13-2012, 10:41 PM
My mother, my daughter, and I would LOVE such a gift! How well do you know your wife's feelings about Christmas? Does she only like frivolous, girly things?

:tree1:

Not at all. She loves to get kitchen stuff, and practical stuff every bit as much. I know she would appreciate a vacuum as a gift. I'm just wondering if it sends the wrong message.

ornamentmaven
07-14-2012, 12:49 PM
Practical gifts are my favorite gifts of all!!!

SilverBells
07-15-2012, 03:07 AM
If it is a present given with love it doesn't matter what it is. Go for it Mike :elf3:

Merry Christmas Darling
07-15-2012, 12:33 PM
Not at all. She loves to get kitchen stuff, and practical stuff every bit as much. I know she would appreciate a vacuum as a gift. I'm just wondering if it sends the wrong message.

No, it isn't the wrong message! Just tell her how much you love her and....

:home:

*Snowflake*
07-16-2012, 12:27 AM
that's not bad idea at all..specially if behind the presents is reason,I think this should be great surprise:santa:

MinnesotaMike
07-17-2012, 01:22 AM
Thanks. I'm optimistic it will be a good gift for her! Heck, I'll enjoy using it too! HAHA!!!

SantaBaby12
07-19-2012, 10:01 AM
I say go for it. My father purchases my mother a Dyson last year (because we have 2 dogs) and she was so surprised and thrilled. He also got her a new dishwasher... not very romantic/exciting - but hey! There's tons of other holidays for that.

MinnesotaMike
07-20-2012, 05:31 AM
I say go for it. My father purchases my mother a Dyson last year (because we have 2 dogs) and she was so surprised and thrilled. He also got her a new dishwasher... not very romantic/exciting - but hey! There's tons of other holidays for that.

Thanks! Just a tip: you should consider changing the color of your posts. They are a bit hard to read. :elf3:

MinnesotaMike
09-18-2012, 03:04 PM
Well...I did it! I just picked it up for her yesterday! Now I have to wait all the way until Christmas to give it to her! I'm SO excited!!

Mistletoe
12-15-2015, 04:40 PM
Mike- I wanted to know how it went with the vacuum- did she like it?

And I wanted to ask a question of my own that's not really related to yours, but I didn't know what heading to put it under. I want to get some metal goblets, but not keen on them being pewter, due to the heavy metals in them. Has anyone seen them in stainless steel? I want the heavy, thick metal (not thin and delicate)and preferably a plain design, like this:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/8f/98/ff/8f98ff250300bb01d7c08861e1eb51bc.jpg

YashDahiya
02-29-2016, 08:32 AM
Here (https://www.indiagift.in/festivals-delivery-online/christmas) are some great Christmas Gifts ideas that you can use.

widzewiak
05-03-2016, 12:32 PM
I don't think it is a good idea ;) I would rather buy her some personalised mug or personalised stress ball. Try looking at www.patprint.co.uk great stuff there.