PDA

View Full Version : What radio stations do you listen to during Christmas?

PumpkinJack81
11-09-2008, 03:24 AM
We all have local radio stations that play Christmas music during the holiday season...What stations do you listen to during Christmas? :christmastree: Share them here, along with links to their websites so others can enjoy them online! :singing:

PumpkinJack81
11-09-2008, 03:27 AM
We already have two stations in my area having Christmas preview weekends:

New Life 91.9
http://www.newlife919.com/

and

"Christmas" K 104.7
http://www.k1047.com/

Theresa Cunningham
11-09-2008, 03:08 PM
No fair!

txsnowgirl
11-09-2008, 04:03 PM
This is ours. They are called the Christmas station during the holidays.http://www.1037litefm.com/
they are always raising money for the children's hospital. Just a loving group of people. Click on the top right button that say Christmas Channel.

Forgot to mention that Terry King, the dj that is all christmas sounds just like santa on the cartoon, santa clause is coming to town, hehe, I just love it!!

onemagicalchristmas
11-09-2008, 06:49 PM
thanks for sharing! I am tuning in to 103.7 thats the one I listen to during the holidays too!:snowman:

persimmonpudding
11-10-2008, 06:00 PM
I just scan and stop when I get to a channel thet plays it...but only in the car.

I have solved the commercial problem for home and office use. I bought a pocket hard drive and ripped all of my holiday collection of CDs into it. Now I just plug them in and play. The whole package is about the size of 2 decks of cards and puts 1000s of songs at my disposal. You can get the pocket drives fairly cheap online or wait for sales.

By the way, if you're into traditional and traditionally-inspired American music, try WMMT - Appalshop at:

http://www.appalshop.org/

i luv christmas best
11-10-2008, 06:10 PM
For NYC it's http://www.1067litefm.com/main.html.:carols:

JollyElfDC
11-11-2008, 03:01 PM
I listen to news radio, but one local station in the DC area starts playing Christmas music around Thanksgiving. I don't have a link, but the station is WASH FM. I think it's 97.1. I listen to the news, then switch over. I can't say I'm wild about their selection, and by mid December they are airing promo's saying they'll be switching back to their regular format as soon as Christmas is done.It sort of takes you out of the mood when they are telling you it will be over soon. I'm sure the plan is to get people to switch for Christmas, and stay the rest of the year. It doesn't work for me. When Christmas is done, so am I.

ladyice
11-11-2008, 03:45 PM
104.7 Charlotte

And the Sirus sat Christmas stations

saramitch85
11-12-2008, 08:08 PM
I mainly listen to Christmas CDs during christmas, but for Los Angeles I listen to 103.5fm radio. They start playing christmas songs after Thanks Giving.

judypancoast
11-16-2008, 01:47 AM
In Boston we have two stations that go head to head playing Christmas music, and they have already started..
Oldies 103.3 and WROR 105.7

PumpkinJack81
11-17-2008, 02:58 PM
Lite 102.9 here in Charlotte, NC is playing Christmas music from now until Christmas!!!! :carols: I was so excited to turn on the radio this morning and still hear the carols and songs I had been listening to during their preview weekends! :gelf: Here's a link their site: http://www.wlyt.com

PumpkinJack81
11-17-2008, 05:49 PM
BOTH holiday stations are already playing Christmas music here in Charlotte!!!! K 104.7 and Lite 102.9 have the holiday music going from now until Christmas!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Drafin
11-19-2008, 09:16 PM
Pumpkin Jack up there beat me to the punch. :)

I listen to the two stations he mentioned above as well as a homemade compilation I made of the many Christmas cds I have.

Drafin

onemagicalchristmas
11-19-2008, 10:38 PM
I can't wait until the radio stations play non stop CHristmas music. I listen to 104.7 on the weekends for the CHristmas music and 103.7 during the week. I am not sure if they play CHristmas music on that station I have not heard any.

PumpkinJack81
11-20-2008, 01:07 PM
Pumpkin Jack up there beat me to the punch. :)

I listen to the two stations he mentioned above as well as a homemade compilation I made of the many Christmas cds I have.

Drafin

Hello and welcome! :waving:

Glad you're enjoying the nonstop Christmas music on 102.9 and 104.7 as well! :carols:

Merry Christmas,
Bob, Forum Moderator :christmastree:

PumpkinJack81
11-20-2008, 01:08 PM
I can't wait until the radio stations play non stop CHristmas music. I listen to 104.7 on the weekends for the CHristmas music and 103.7 during the week. I am not sure if they play CHristmas music on that station I have not heard any.

Bobbi, 104.7 is already playing Christmas music during the week! Turn it on! :carols:

steph535
11-20-2008, 01:58 PM
ok, call me an odd one, but I didn't grow up with "classic" Christmas music like Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, Dean Martin, etc... (though everyone outside my family seems to have.) What I love is the classical type; Canadian Brass, Robert Shaw Chorale, Chanticleer, and a list of many others too long to mention. There are no radio stations that play non-stop classical Christmas music:crying:; the ones that play non-stop only play the 'classic' ones, which are ok, but not what I throroughly enjoy. So, I listen to aol radio and listen mostly to their Classical Holiday and World Holiday stations. oops, I didn't mean to put a sad blue face next to my subject heading. sorry. I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!!

flick's tongue
11-21-2008, 11:14 PM
In SE Michigan, WNIC FM 100.3 has been broadcasting Christmas music since early November. I'm also enjoying Sirius XM's channel, Holly.

PumpkinJack81
11-24-2008, 03:28 AM
ok, call me an odd one, but I didn't grow up with "classic" Christmas music like Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, Dean Martin, etc... (though everyone outside my family seems to have.) What I love is the classical type; Canadian Brass, Robert Shaw Chorale, Chanticleer, and a list of many others too long to mention. There are no radio stations that play non-stop classical Christmas music:crying:; the ones that play non-stop only play the 'classic' ones, which are ok, but not what I throroughly enjoy. So, I listen to aol radio and listen mostly to their Classical Holiday and World Holiday stations. oops, I didn't mean to put a sad blue face next to my subject heading. sorry. I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!!

Have you checked out AccuHolidays (http://www.accuradio.com/holidays/)? They have a Classical Christmas channel that is great! I've been listening to it lately and I really enjoy it. :carols: I believe this link will take you to the righr channel: Classical Christmas (http://www.accuradio.com/app/radioframe?&channel=Channel8&sub=SubClassical&brand=&br=&skin=&mtype=fl). Enjoy! :waving:

steph535
11-24-2008, 04:19 AM
thank you SO much, PumpkinJack! I will check it out right now.

steph535
11-24-2008, 05:10 AM
oh gosh, this classical station on accuradio is the BEST! much better than the other station I have been listening to. PumpkinJack, you have made my day. I think I'm in heaven.:jumping:

devoy26
10-04-2009, 01:15 PM
there is an irish one www.christmasfm.ie it is pretty cool.

Christmas_Freak1993
11-06-2009, 01:32 AM
I live in tucson, AZ and this one station plays nonstop christmas music all season. it's 97.5 BOB fm. and 93.7 has this christmas wish thing, where they give unfortunate families a good christmas every day, and it's really sweet.:love:

flick's tongue
11-07-2009, 07:43 AM
A Detroit FM station, WNIC 100.3, flipped to all Christmas music today.

steph535
11-07-2009, 10:18 AM
A Detroit FM station, WNIC 100.3, flipped to all Christmas music today.

that's great to hear. I lived in Detroit most of my life and used to listen to that station a lot.

Grinchless-Bauble
11-09-2009, 01:38 AM
As Devoy rightly said, www.Christmasfm.ie is a temporary Irish Christmas radio station which launched last year. For a whole month, from the end of Nov till 26th Dec, there is non stop 24/7 Christmas music, with really great Dj's and really made Christmas amazing last year. Everyone working there is voluntary and all the proceeds go to the ISPCC, Children Charity.. So it really is a good cause.

It attracted so many International listeners last year, and they read out texts from people getting in the spirit, so i urge all of you to head to the website and bookmark it, and make it your number 1 for Christmas Spirit this year!!! I'd love to hear the Americans/English/Greek, all nationality's feedback from it!

:santa2::carols::merrychristmas::snowman::presents 3::christmastree::yahoo::santa1:

flick's tongue
11-09-2009, 09:02 AM
OK, Detroit has dueling Christmas stations now, WNIC 1003. and WMJC 105.1. I guess we're spoiled!