PDA

View Full Version : NON-EDIBLE applesauce cinnamon ornaments

Theresa Cunningham
11-08-2008, 05:33 PM
I make these every 2 yrs to hang on garland, gifts, the tree and the smell lasts forever. What holds them together is a 1tsp of elmers glue..
***They are NON EDIBLE! But the glue isn't dangerous so if any lil ones take a bite out of curiousity. no worries!

1/4 cup applesauce 1/4 cup cinnamon 1 Tsp. white glue

Pour all ingredients in a plastic zip bag.

seal the bag and knead until a dough is formed

**(if dough is too wet and sticky add a little more cinnamon)

Roll dough out on a cutting board or counter sprinkled with cinnamon (to prevent sticking.)

Cut shapes with cookie cutters and make hanging holes using a drinking straw.

Let ornaments air dry a few days in a warm dry area,

It's important to be sure that you flip them over a few times each day to ensure they lay flat.

When dry, string with ribbon and hang.

You can also decorate with glitter glue and paint.

onemagicalchristmas
11-09-2008, 12:48 AM
they sound easy to make and I love the smell of cinnamon

PH214
11-09-2008, 07:01 AM
I cant wait to try these! I love that smell and they sound so easy!

Theresa Cunningham
11-09-2008, 02:44 PM
You'll love them! I purchased vintage gingerbread men and I had alot of friends asking if I'd make a batch for them. Last year I made over 17 dozen as gifts to my students, friends, family on thier gifts.

onemagicalchristmas
11-09-2008, 06:57 PM
yeah now I will need to get some christmas cookie cutters. I don't have any!:my lord::my lord:

Theresa Cunningham
11-10-2008, 02:35 PM
I purchased mine on ebay..for about 18.00 for 8 different ones and I took them to a friend of mine who collects antiques and she said 2 of them were close to 70 years old. I was shocked and have used them..life is too short not to enjoy them..lol

Merry Christmas Darling
11-14-2012, 05:10 AM
What a great old thread this is! Maybe I'll make some of these this year.

Fezziwig
11-19-2012, 02:11 AM
I agree Marshmellow. I am curious about them now. I wonder if they are messy (what with all the cinnamon on them) or how long they last? I may trying them this year.

hostesswiththemostess
11-19-2012, 10:24 PM
Thank you!! I will be trying this!!