PDA

View Full Version : Your christmas dinner desert?

Moley
12-12-2011, 06:24 PM
Mine will be the traditional christmas pud and custard. I have had Christmas pud with mint-choc ice cream or thick whipped cream in the past, but the brandy sauce mixes never appealed to me.

Merry Christmas Darling
12-12-2011, 09:04 PM
When I was growing up, Christmas dinner was always a duplicate of our Thanksgiving menu; so we had pumpkin and mincemeat pies for dessert.

After getting married there came a time when I always served red velvet cake. Then I switched to "Spice Dream Cake" with coffee ice cream. I made orange raisin steamed pudding one time, but my husband accidentally put my recipe in the trash; it was jotted down on the back of another paper. One of our children hated raisins anyway.

ornamentmaven
12-12-2011, 09:38 PM
Usually we have cheese cake with strawberries

mina553
12-13-2011, 02:33 AM
4 my christmas dinner dessert
its gonna be the fruit cake i baked . we use rum , brandy & wine
but we burnt sugar 2 add to the batter so our fruit cake is dark & intoxicating lol

Tracy
12-13-2011, 02:35 AM
Ours is usually cheesecake or when I was younger on the Italian side we always had tons of cannolis.

SilverBells
12-13-2011, 04:00 AM
A chestnut cream cake. I could eat the whole thing by myself. :elf1:

mina553
12-13-2011, 05:20 AM
never had chestnut cream cake that must be so yum !

ChristmasFairy
12-13-2011, 07:52 PM
Mine will be the traditional christmas pud and custard. I have had Christmas pud with mint-choc ice cream or thick whipped cream in the past, but the brandy sauce mixes never appealed to me.Gotta have traditional Christmas pud ..... flambéed of course with brandy (http://www.marketlife.com.au/uploads/source/images/b91b7.ChristmasPudding600x600.jpg) served with custard ....:gelf:

ChristmasFairy
12-13-2011, 08:12 PM
4 my christmas dinner dessert
its gonna be the fruit cake i baked . we use rum , brandy & wine
but we burnt sugar 2 add to the batter so our fruit cake is dark & intoxicating lolLovely Mina ... growing up that's what we always had which I know as 'black cake' which is the same dark boozy fruit cake sometimes used at weddings. I always made one in November and kept lacing it with rum until I iced and decorated it. Last time I made it though was 3 years ago.

However, since I got married (English husband) we've always had Christmas pudding for dessert which is very similar in taste and texture .....and the Christmas cake was for like whenever ..:tree:

no_1_christmas_fan
12-14-2011, 05:09 AM
We will be having the traditional christmas pudding with brandy sauce.

MinnesotaMike
12-14-2011, 08:31 AM
I sure hope "pud" means something different where you are from.

JollyElfDC
12-14-2011, 03:13 PM
A chestnut cream cake. I could eat the whole thing by myself. :elf1:

Any chance you could post a recipe? It sounds great.

ChristmasFairy
12-14-2011, 08:30 PM
I sure hope "pud" means something different where you are from.I don't know what "pud" means where you're from Mike .... but Christmas pud = Christmas pudding. Click on the link in my post ... #8 post :elf2:

Stacey.
12-14-2011, 08:41 PM
Strawberry and Lime Meringue Slice with Peppermint ice-cream.

Merry Christmas Darling
12-15-2011, 12:04 AM

"Pud" is short for pudding. A steamed pudding is solid like banana bread, if you've ever had that. Most of us don't sit around in the gutter reading the Urban dictionary.

Merry Christmas Darling
12-15-2011, 12:08 PM

Yes, I received your PM. I belong to several Christmas forums and people normally have the decency to keep their vulgar language to themselves. I didn't wish you any ill will; I just find vulgar language offensive and I hope I'm not the only one who does.