PDA

View Full Version : Gingerbread recipies?

omgitzdestineex
12-10-2011, 04:43 AM
Hi Everyone! I was just wondering if any of you had a good Gingerbread recipe. My mom & I had one, but lost it since last year :( We would really like to make Gingerbread Men. If any of you could help, it would be greatly appreciated!

mina553
12-10-2011, 12:03 PM
:elf1:

Ingredients
:merrychristmas:

1 (3.5 ounce) package cook and serve butterscotch pudding mix
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions

In a medium bowl, cream together the dry butterscotch pudding mix, butter, and brown sugar until smooth. Stir in the egg. Combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, and cinnamon; stir into the pudding mixture. Cover, and chill dough until firm, about 1 hour.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease baking sheets. On a floured board, roll dough out to about 1/8 inch thickness, and cut into man shapes using a cookie cutter. Place cookies 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, until cookies are golden at the edges. Cool on wire racks.

:gingerhouse:http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Gingerbread-Men/Detail.aspx?src=mer692

JollyElfDC
12-10-2011, 02:51 PM
You won't believe it, but the prefab Pillsbury gingerbread dough in the dairy case is actually really good.

mina553
12-10-2011, 03:27 PM
yeah i like simi home made 2.
but some people believe it or not find fun in doing it from scratch

omgitzdestineex
12-12-2011, 05:44 AM
:elf1:

Ingredients
:merrychristmas:

1 (3.5 ounce) package cook and serve butterscotch pudding mix
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions

In a medium bowl, cream together the dry butterscotch pudding mix, butter, and brown sugar until smooth. Stir in the egg. Combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, and cinnamon; stir into the pudding mixture. Cover, and chill dough until firm, about 1 hour.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease baking sheets. On a floured board, roll dough out to about 1/8 inch thickness, and cut into man shapes using a cookie cutter. Place cookies 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, until cookies are golden at the edges. Cool on wire racks.

:gingerhouse:http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Gingerbread-Men/Detail.aspx?src=mer692

This is PERFECT! Thank you soo much :elf1:

mina553
12-12-2011, 06:45 AM
your welcome