PDA

View Full Version : So what do you do with all the leftover turkey?

Moley
12-08-2011, 06:30 PM
I've tried cold turkey, turkey stew, turkey soup, curried turkey... Is there anything else you can do with cold turkey? And why, even when you buy a smaller bird, does the turkey meat inexplicably multiply?

Papa_Christmas
12-08-2011, 08:50 PM
Turkey and wild rice soup is a family favorite at our house .I got the recipe in an old Pillsbury Cookbook .:elf3:

Here is an online version the recipe multiplys easily.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Turkey-Wild-Rice-Soup/

ornamentmaven
12-08-2011, 09:26 PM
I love turky tetrazzini

Merry Christmas Darling
12-09-2011, 03:52 AM
Chicken Strata

6 slices day-old white bread
2 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
½ cup chopped onion
½ cup chopped celery
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
½ cup mayonnaise
2 slightly beaten eggs
1 ½ cups milk
1 10 1/2-ounce can condensed cream of mushroom soup
½ cup shredded sharp process American cheese

Oven 325 degrees F.

Butter 2 slices bread; cut in ½ - inch cubes and set aside. Cut remaining bread in 1-inch cubes; place half of unbuttered cubes in bottom of 8x8x2-inch baking dish. Combine chicken, vegetables, mayonnaise and seasonings. Spoon over bread cubes.

Sprinkle remaining unbuttered cubes over chicken mixture. Combine eggs and milk; pour over all. Cover and chill 1 hour or overnight. Spoon soup over top. Sprinkle with buttered bread cubes. Bake at 325 degrees for 60 minutes, or till set. Sprinkle cheese over top last few minutes of baking. Let stand few minutes before serving. Makes 6 servings.

I usually omit the green pepper because I forget to buy it.

mina553
12-09-2011, 05:54 AM
how about turkey stew with potatoes over white rice ,

sparrow26
12-09-2011, 06:35 AM
Take it to an animal shelter. I'm sure the people working their will be grateful. there are also places such as homeless shelters which may like leftovers unfortunately :(

MinnesotaMike
12-09-2011, 09:37 AM
Feed it to the Bumpus's dogs!!