PDA

View Full Version : Explain your name

PumpkinJack81
11-08-2007, 05:40 PM
When new members sign up, I wonder what their usernames stand for. So I thought I'd go ahead and explain my name and why I chose it, and ask you all to do the same...

The word Pumpkin comes from The Nightmare Before Christmas character Jack Skellington who is known as The Pumpkin King. As well as my love of Halloween. http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/forums/images/smilies/pumpkin.gif

The word Jack comes from, you guessed it, TNBC's Jack Skellington http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/forums/images/smilies/skellington.gif, as well as Pirates of the Caribbean's Jack Sparrow http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/forums/images/smilies/outfitted_pirate.gif (two of my favorite characters).

And the 81 comes from the year I was born, 1981.

Pumpkin + Jack + 81 = PumpkinJack81

So there you go! Your turn!! http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/forums/images/smilies/animated_wave.gif

LT1Caprice57L
11-09-2007, 12:05 AM
Think I covered this in my intro but I'll toss it in here too.

I'm also a car nut, and I drive a '95 LT1 powered Caprice. For those not in the know the LT1 is a 5.7 liter V8.

Hence LT1Caprice57L.

PumpkinJack81
11-09-2007, 03:38 PM
Think I covered this in my intro but I'll toss it in here too.

I'm also a car nut, and I drive a '95 LT1 powered Caprice. For those not in the know the LT1 is a 5.7 liter V8.

Hence LT1Caprice57L.

Thanks for sharing it again! :waving:

christmas-goth-fairy
11-15-2007, 04:06 AM
my name was made up by my girlfriend soon after first meeting me. we met during the summer about four years ago.

PumpkinJack81
11-15-2007, 03:16 PM
my name was made up by my girlfriend soon after first meeting me. we met during the summer about four years ago.

So I'm guessing it's made up of all things you really like?

Noel
11-15-2007, 08:07 PM

The reason is not very inventive. I choose "Noel" because I'm french, and "Noël" in french means "Christmas" ! :kinky elf:

PumpkinJack81
11-15-2007, 09:09 PM
The reason is not very inventive. I choose "Noel" because I'm french, and "Noël" in french means "Christmas" ! :kinky elf:

Well I think it's a perfect fit then! :waving:

christmas-goth-fairy
11-16-2007, 12:42 AM

yeah except im not really into fairys.

PumpkinJack81
11-16-2007, 03:32 AM
yeah except im not really into fairys.

Gotcha... Was that the girlfriend's doing? ;)

xxxlhxxx
11-16-2007, 02:31 PM
xxxlhxxx ---> hmmmmm

xxx l h xxx

l - lucas
h - haluch

:) Best Regards

Country55
11-28-2007, 08:42 PM
I live in the country, decorate the same,and I was born in 55

UrbanXMas
11-28-2007, 10:12 PM
Mine is self-explanatory. :)

cavaliers60
12-15-2007, 07:01 AM
Mine is the name of my favorite DCI group, The Cavaliers. The 60 is just a number I chose when some website a long time ago required a number in the name.:dizzy:

girdhar
12-31-2007, 06:26 AM
Hi,
my name giridhar means

giri=mountain
dhar=to hold (in hindi)
This name has been derived from the lord Krishna in the Indian mythology .
Who is believed to lift the mountain on his finger tips to protect his subject.
I like this name as user name also.

MrsRudolph
01-23-2008, 04:55 AM
My husband's favorite Christmas song is Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. We have an annual Christmas party and it is played probably 20 times throughout the party. His friends call him Rudolph and me.............what else.................MRS. RUDOLPH!

PumpkinJack81
01-24-2008, 06:02 PM
My husband's favorite Christmas song is Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. We have an annual Christmas party and it is played probably 20 times throughout the party. His friends call him Rudolph and me.............what else.................MRS. RUDOLPH!

Welcome to the forums Mrs. Rudolph! :waving::rudolph:

Birdie
05-16-2008, 05:15 PM
I have a love for birds and I've read the book titled: Catherine, called Birdie so I used the name Birdie.

XmasDVD
07-16-2008, 06:21 PM
Mine is pretty simple - my website is XmasDVD.com so I called myself "XmasDVD" - there ya go - pretty exciting LOL

hallowthanksmas
07-17-2008, 09:22 AM
HALLOWeen, THANKSgiving, and ChritsMAS

Merry Christmas Darling
09-11-2008, 10:31 AM
Well, I just love fun songs like A Marshmallow World, Strawberry Snow, Blue Christmas and other Brenda Lee favorites. :singing:

PumpkinJack81
09-11-2008, 12:21 PM
Well, I just love fun songs like A Marshmallow World, Strawberry Snow, Blue Christmas and other Brenda Lee favorites. :singing:

I found a great video on YouTube for A Marshmallow World that I am going to post as soon as I get our Media forum started...be sure to check it out! :santa:

Merry Christmas Darling
09-12-2008, 02:41 AM
Cool, PumpkinJack! :cool:

GingerbreadGirl
09-13-2008, 10:25 AM
I love all the sweets and treats that come with christmas, such as gingerbread cookies. And since I'm a girl, I just combined the two:)

PumpkinJack81
09-16-2008, 11:40 AM
I love all the sweets and treats that come with christmas, such as gingerbread cookies. And since I'm a girl, I just combined the two:)

Sounds like a good combination to me! :D Welcome to the forums GingerbreadGirl! By the way, I love your avatar. :waving:

Wolfshead
10-15-2008, 04:18 PM
One of my favourite TV programmes is the 1980's show, Robin of Sherwood and Robin and the Merries are described as wolfsheads in it, as it's an older term for outlaw. I've always liked the sound of it and thought I'd use it here!

pamstar
10-15-2008, 04:39 PM
well mine is really boring.... my name is Pamela and I like to shine like a star!!! lol, i was also born in 1981!!!!!!:dizzy:

PumpkinJack81
10-15-2008, 05:00 PM
One of my favourite TV programmes is the 1980's show, Robin of Sherwood and Robin and the Merries are described as wolfsheads in it, as it's an older term for outlaw. I've always liked the sound of it and thought I'd use it here!

Great background on your username!

PumpkinJack81
10-15-2008, 05:02 PM
well mine is really boring.... my name is Pamela and I like to shine like a star!!! lol, i was also born in 1981!!!!!!:dizzy:

I wouldn't say it's boring at all...You can shine like a star here! :cool:

When's your b-day? I was born in October of '81. :blowing:

noelglori
10-15-2008, 09:42 PM
Well, my name is Christmas, Noel announcing the birth of Christ. (It's also my grandaughter's first name), well the glori part is because of two reasons, God is glory and glori is part of my name.

And that's how I came up with my name for this forum.

PumpkinJack81
10-16-2008, 11:36 AM
Well, my name is Christmas, Noel announcing the birth of Christ. (It's also my grandaughter's first name), well the glori part is because of two reasons, God is glory and glori is part of my name.

Wonderful choice! :angel: It's important to remember why we're celebrating CHRISTmas in the first place. Kudos to you! :waving:

Ms_Speedy_Elf
10-18-2008, 01:39 PM
I'm a huge NASCAR fan .:waving:

PumpkinJack81
10-19-2008, 02:15 AM
I'm a huge NASCAR fan .:waving:

Then that would make you Speedy...nice avatar too! :gelf: Welcome to the forums! :waving:

onemagicalchristmas
10-31-2008, 04:11 AM
Onemagicalchristmas came about when yahoo shut down both my otherscreen names and I wanted something CHristmas related and to me CHristmas is a Magical time of year thus my husband picked onemagicalchristmas. and I chose to use it here and on yahoo!:snowman:

Sean
10-31-2008, 06:25 AM
well im called sean because...well it was given to me at birth didnt have a choice in that matter. :dizzy:

PumpkinJack81
11-03-2008, 05:19 PM
Onemagicalchristmas came about when yahoo shut down both my otherscreen names and I wanted something CHristmas related and to me CHristmas is a Magical time of year thus my husband picked onemagicalchristmas. and I chose to use it here and on yahoo!:snowman:

I think it's a great Christmasy name! :christmastree:

PumpkinJack81
11-03-2008, 05:20 PM
well im called sean because...well it was given to me at birth didnt have a choice in that matter. :dizzy:
I'd say it's a good name!

The meaning of the name Sean is God Is Gracious
The origin of the name Sean is Celtic/Gaelic
Notes: form of John. Pronounced "SHAWN" or "SHAAN" (Irish pronounciation).

i luv christmas best
11-03-2008, 05:43 PM
My name is I Luv Christmas.... Because I do....:dizzy:

PumpkinJack81
11-04-2008, 07:17 PM
My name is I Luv Christmas.... Because I do....:dizzy:

:santahat:

misty27
11-04-2008, 11:56 PM
I named mine after a person from church:my lord: :santa1:

PumpkinJack81
11-05-2008, 12:35 PM
I named mine after a person from church:my lord: :santa1:

Well that is a nice honor. :angel:

EmmaKay
11-16-2008, 03:59 AM
I probably should have been a bit more creative when I chose mine eh? My name is Emma, but when I started joining groups etc years ago, the name Emma was always taken (back when you could only have one of each name) and since my middle name is Kay, I would make up a combination of the two that wasn't already in use. Now it's just a habit. I make myself use my real name because I know when people use fake names, they can get too comfortable with their anonymity and start saying things they usually wouldn't say - I don't want to turn into one of those people, so this way, I will always know that if a friend of mine joined up (and I usually send links to groups I think are great to my friends), then they will know it's me and I have accountability for what I say. I wouldn't ever get abusive I should add, but you know how people can start to be, I'm sure you've all met at least one of them out there.

PT ROSE
11-17-2008, 04:24 AM
My name is from my car. I drive a PT CRUISER and I Love Roses.
My car's name is PT ROSE. :dizzy:
It has etched roses on the windows. :kinky elf:

PumpkinJack81
11-17-2008, 12:58 PM
I probably should have been a bit more creative when I chose mine eh? My name is Emma, but when I started joining groups etc years ago, the name Emma was always taken (back when you could only have one of each name) and since my middle name is Kay, I would make up a combination of the two that wasn't already in use. Now it's just a habit. I make myself use my real name because I know when people use fake names, they can get too comfortable with their anonymity and start saying things they usually wouldn't say - I don't want to turn into one of those people, so this way, I will always know that if a friend of mine joined up (and I usually send links to groups I think are great to my friends), then they will know it's me and I have accountability for what I say. I wouldn't ever get abusive I should add, but you know how people can start to be, I'm sure you've all met at least one of them out there.

Hi Emma! :waving: Thanks for letting us know who you are and welcome again to the forums! :gelf: I know exactly what you mean about how some people can get on forums like these...I have had negative experiences with people on a few forum sites and it's no fun. I included my real name in my signature so everyone will know who I am, especially since I am the forum moderator. So far everyone here has been great and I hope our forums continue to be fun and full of Christmas cheer! :santa:

PumpkinJack81
11-17-2008, 12:59 PM
My name is from my car. I drive a PT CRUISER and I Love Roses.
My car's name is PT ROSE. :dizzy:
It has etched roses on the windows. :kinky elf:

I would love to see photos of your Cruiser with the rose windows! :D I owned a PT Cruiser for a short time and really enjoyed it.

Lorenzo
12-16-2008, 05:24 PM
Erm, it's my name. hehe.

PumpkinJack81
12-17-2008, 12:47 PM
Erm, it's my name. hehe.

Good choice then! :santahat: :waving:

daddysgirl07
12-24-2008, 02:09 AM
I'm a daddy's girl and my familys race car # is 07

LuckyChimpanZ
02-09-2009, 05:49 PM
Putting random adjectives or verbs in front of random nouns makes for great names, especially when the two words have nothing to do with each other. How I came up with lucky and chimpanzee I don't know, but they flow well together

Mistletoe
02-19-2009, 06:50 PM
I chose mistletoe as my username because I think it's a wildly romantic part of Christmas.

SpookyTownLover
04-03-2009, 07:51 PM
I love the Lemax Spooky Town collection!

PumpkinJack81
04-04-2009, 12:54 AM
I love the Lemax Spooky Town collection!

Hi SpookyTownLover and :welcome: to the forums! :waving:

I too love the Lemax SpookyTown collection, although I unfortunately don't have many... I hope you continue to come back and post with us. Enjoy your time here and please let me know if you have any questions. :pumpkin:

~Bob, Forum Moderator :jack:

Elvira1986
06-11-2009, 09:01 PM
I was not very creative. My name is Elvira and I was born in 1986.

PumpkinJack81
06-14-2009, 03:12 AM
I was not very creative. My name is Elvira and I was born in 1986.

No problem at all...It'll make it easier to remember your name! ;) Speaking of which, do you pronouce it El-vy-ra? or El-veer-a? I taught a little girl from Russia this year whose name was Elvira and it was pronounce the latter. I had only known it as El-vy-ra, as in Elvira, Mistress of the Dark. :santahat:

Elvira1986
06-14-2009, 09:21 AM
No problem at all...It'll make it easier to remember your name! ;) Speaking of which, do you pronouce it El-vy-ra? or El-veer-a? I taught a little girl from Russia this year whose name was Elvira and it was pronounce the latter. I had only known it as El-vy-ra, as in Elvira, Mistress of the Dark. :santahat:

I heard about that one before....I really should get one of those merchandise t-shirts.

You pronounce my name: Elvera

The second e sounds like ea in the word eager.

PumpkinJack81
06-16-2009, 08:47 PM
I heard about that one before....I really should get one of those merchandise t-shirts.

You pronounce my name: Elvera

The second e sounds like ea in the word eager.

Oh yes, the "Mistress of the Dark" is something else. :santahat:
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/placed/102207elvira-header.jpg

And thanks for clearing up the name. Nice to "meet" you Elvi[ea]ra. :)

Lilly79
06-23-2009, 05:45 PM
My name is related to the two songs of the Smashing Pumpkins album "Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness" Lilly and 1979 - two of my favourite songs...!

PumpkinJack81
06-23-2009, 08:26 PM
My name is related to the two songs of the Smashing Pumpkins album "Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness" Lilly and 1979 - two of my favourite songs...!

:welcome: to the forums Lilly79! :waving:

ceoprofit
07-27-2009, 01:20 PM
Ok. My name ceoprofit. I dont know why, but actually i dream to become CEO one day and make a lot of PROFIT in my future bussiness. That all I can share.

Elvira1986
07-27-2009, 05:46 PM
Well as they say "it all starts with having ambition."

I hope you will have your big business someday.

ceoprofit
07-28-2009, 09:59 AM
thanks for that.

Buzzby
07-28-2009, 03:36 PM
I have absolutely no idea, it just popped into my head and I thought it sounded cute...

gummgirl
08-04-2009, 05:01 AM
Okay here's mine
Gumm comes from my favorite person Judy Garland whose real name was Frances Gumm and girl because I'm a girl.

Mistletoe
08-05-2009, 05:53 PM
Welcome ceoprofit! :rudolph:

Okay here's mine
Gumm comes from my favorite person Judy Garland whose real name was Frances Gumm and girl because I'm a girl.

I'm surprised I never heard that that was her real name...interesting....

MacShirts
08-06-2009, 02:10 AM
Sounds like a good combination to me! :D Welcome to the forums GingerbreadGirl! By the way, I love your avatar. :waving:

Agreed, both of your avatars are really cool, btw GingerbreadGirl, you inspired my own avatar :) Anyway I couldn't think of anything really creative or funny so I made an anagram of Christmas and MacShirts was born

Mistletoe
08-06-2009, 10:52 AM
I couldn't think of anything really creative or funny so I made an anagram of Christmas and MacShirts was born

How creative! :santa:

Christmasplease
08-07-2009, 12:39 AM

I absolutely love your name. Sometimes I think we forget the REAL meaning of Christmas.

Christmasplease
08-07-2009, 12:41 AM
Wonderful choice! :angel: It's important to remember why we're celebrating CHRISTmas in the first place. Kudos to you! :waving:
I agree Pumpkin Jack81!

Christmasplease
08-07-2009, 12:43 AM
Hey, are you from Canada:)?

Christmasplease
08-07-2009, 12:48 AM
My name is Christmasplease because if I were asked which Holiday I could have more than one a year, I would say "Christmasplease!"

PumpkinJack81
08-08-2009, 11:33 AM
Okay here's mine

Great ode to Judy! ;) I love her! :D

PumpkinJack81
08-08-2009, 11:35 AM
Agreed, both of your avatars are really cool, btw GingerbreadGirl, you inspired my own avatar :) Anyway I couldn't think of anything really creative or funny so I made an anagram of Christmas and MacShirts was born

Thanks Gilbert! :jack:

LOVE your creative name, very original! :gelf:

PumpkinJack81
08-08-2009, 11:37 AM
I absolutely love your name. Sometimes I think we forget the REAL meaning of Christmas.

http://www.virtuousplanet.com/shops/userimages/00005/00000000107/section/00000000000000062074.png

I agree Pumpkin Jack81!

It's important to remember what we are truly celebrating! :my lord: :angel: :my lord:

PumpkinJack81
08-08-2009, 11:38 AM
My name is Christmasplease because if I were asked which Holiday I could have more than one a year, I would say "Christmasplease!"

Love it! :santa:

gummgirl
08-08-2009, 10:25 PM
PumpkinJack Yay! Another Judy fan!

MacShirts
08-09-2009, 07:56 AM
Thanks Gilbert! :jack:

LOVE your creative name, very original! :gelf:

Thank you! Hey Jack, did you happen to see that the theatres will be playing TNBC in 3D? I believe it's going to be screened on Oct 31st...I think its a must see in 3D on the big screen :D

Edit: Oop looks like Disney has been doing this since 06'...guess Ive been living under a rock ;-)

Mistletoe
08-09-2009, 01:48 PM
Okay here's mine

Do you think Judy was thinking of Christmas when she picked her last name? :candycane1:

gummgirl
08-09-2009, 11:08 PM
Ha! That's pretty funny!

PumpkinJack81
08-15-2009, 10:11 AM
PumpkinJack Yay! Another Judy fan!

Yep, especially as Dorothy. :D

Do you think Judy was thinking of Christmas when she picked her last name? :candycane1:

Hmmm, maybe... ;) I do like her version of "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" best!!!! :carols:

PumpkinJack81
08-15-2009, 10:15 AM
Thank you! Hey Jack, did you happen to see that the theatres will be playing TNBC in 3D? I believe it's going to be screened on Oct 31st...I think its a must see in 3D on the big screen :D

Edit: Oop looks like Disney has been doing this since 06'...guess Ive been living under a rock ;-)

Ha ha, no problem. I wasn't sure if all areas had been doing this or not. I was thrilled when they re-released it in 3D! My wife (who gets rather tired of the movie bc I watch it all the time) actually took me to see it and we both enjoyed it. I can't wait to take our son once he's old enough to sit through a movie! :jack:

gummgirl
08-16-2009, 03:28 AM
PumpkinJack Yeah, The Wizard of Oz is a very sweet movie. Did you know a 70th anniversary edition comes out on DVD next month?

kaddyjatou
08-16-2009, 10:00 AM
This is my gambian name, given to me by the elders of a village I support out there, we raise money and give donations to them, as they have nothing to give us in return, they gave me my name, I think it is a great honour and quite a pretty name. It means first wife of the prophet.

tinkerbell2
08-24-2009, 06:07 AM
Tinkerbell very small and so am I:santa-smiley:

olga
08-29-2009, 05:43 PM

My name is Olga and means nothing.. :sad elf:
But Ive been told that it comes from a Russian Princess..

Shanniclause
08-31-2009, 05:48 PM
I remember a site called OLGA way back that was like the On Line Guitar Archive that I used to get guitar tablature from all the time! :)

I chose my name because my real life name is Shannon and Santa Clause is my hero! :candycane1:

tinkerbell2
08-31-2009, 05:58 PM
I remember a site called OLGA way back that was like the On Line Guitar Archive that I used to get guitar tablature from all the time! :)

I chose my name because my real life name is Shannon and Santa Clause is my hero! :candycane1:

i like it....:santa-smiley:

olga
09-01-2009, 04:55 AM

Its a good one and it also has your name! Super! :santahat:

I tried to change mine, but I could not find anything...:santa-smiley:

Shanniclause
09-01-2009, 01:22 PM
Thank you guys :)

olga
09-02-2009, 05:42 AM
Thank you guys :)

You're very very welcome! :smitten:

PumpkinJack81
09-05-2009, 11:25 AM
PumpkinJack Yeah, The Wizard of Oz is a very sweet movie. Did you know a 70th anniversary edition comes out on DVD next month?

No I did not! And that's not good because I got a DVD box set of it a few years ago...

PumpkinJack81
09-05-2009, 11:26 AM
This is my gambian name, given to me by the elders of a village I support out there, we raise money and give donations to them, as they have nothing to give us in return, they gave me my name, I think it is a great honour and quite a pretty name. It means first wife of the prophet.

I like it! :D

Perfect fit! ;) My wife LOVES Tinkerbell!

My name is Olga and means nothing.. :sad elf:
But Ive been told that it comes from a Russian Princess..

Awww, I like it! :)

olga
09-05-2009, 03:36 PM
Awww, I like it! :)

Thanks Bob, a few people like my name... :sad elf:

PumpkinJack81
09-08-2009, 05:11 PM

Awww, only a few?

olga
09-09-2009, 07:33 AM
Awww, only a few?

And you :candycane1:

PumpkinJack81
09-09-2009, 07:25 PM
And you :candycane1:

:D :jack:

olga
09-10-2009, 08:35 AM
:D :jack:

I knew you were waiting for that!!! :candycane1::candycane1::candycane1:

EllfGirl
09-10-2009, 04:01 PM

I like your name! Olga sounds beautiful!

olga
09-10-2009, 04:05 PM
I like your name! Olga sounds beautiful!

Thanks friend! Really, whats yours? :presents2:

EllfGirl
09-11-2009, 02:02 PM
Thanks friend! Really, whats yours? :presents2:

My real name is Miglė! :santa:

Christmasplease
09-11-2009, 02:04 PM

Very pretty, how do you pronounce that?

olga
09-11-2009, 02:06 PM

Nice to meet you, Migle!! :waving:

EllfGirl
09-11-2009, 02:08 PM
Nice to meet you, Migle!! :waving:

It's really nice to meet you too, Olga! :waving::dance:

MacShirts
09-11-2009, 02:37 PM
I think you both have beautiful names :D

EllfGirl
09-11-2009, 02:41 PM

Thank you MacShirts!:santa-smiley:

olga
09-11-2009, 02:48 PM

Well, well!! Where have you been??
I missed you!! :gelf:

MacShirts
09-12-2009, 04:56 AM
You're both very welcome :D and I've missed you too Olga! This is the time of year when work ramps up a lot the couple of months before the major holidays so Ive been working 12 hour days. I actually just woke up from a nap :gelf:

olga
09-12-2009, 05:00 AM
You're both very welcome :D and I've missed you too Olga! This is the time of year when work ramps up a lot the couple of months before the major holidays so Ive been working 12 hour days. I actually just woke up from a nap :gelf:

Oh my poor friend..
Do they pay you well, at least??

MacShirts
09-12-2009, 05:05 AM
No! I'm a college student with no skills so I do all the jobs no one else will do ;)

olga
09-12-2009, 05:06 AM
No! I'm a college student with no skills so I do all the jobs no one else will do ;)

You mean they do not pay you at all?????

MacShirts
09-12-2009, 05:13 AM
Yes they pay me just not very well :candycane1:

olga
09-12-2009, 05:15 AM
Yes they pay me just not very well :candycane1:

I got it..

christmasstarr
09-13-2009, 09:51 PM
my name comes from me being born dec 9th my parents said i was their star because i was a miracle baby and born in the christmas month. They gave me the middle name starr.. yes with 2 r's. I put that with christmas since it is my favorite holiday :jumping:

tinkerbell2
09-14-2009, 04:45 AM
my name comes from me being born dec 9th my parents said i was their star because i was a miracle baby and born in the christmas month. They gave me the middle name starr.. yes with 2 r's. I put that with christmas since it is my favorite holiday :jumping:

well its a lovely name!!:smitten:

olga
09-14-2009, 07:42 AM

Excellent!! I love your name!! And I love that you love Charlie Brown Christmas !!

:candycane1::candycane1::candycane1:

christmasstarr
09-14-2009, 11:26 PM
I love watching Charlie Brown Christmas. I have watched it for the last 32 years. I will be 33 dec 9 :jumping::dizzy:
I love it because it shares the true meaning of christmas as well as just being plan cute. I find that religious and non religious people like it!!!

ikey2
09-15-2009, 09:12 AM
I love watching Charlie Brown Christmas. I have watched it for the last 32 years. I will be 33 dec 9 :jumping::dizzy:
I love it because it shares the true meaning of christmas as well as just being plan cute. I find that religious and non religious people like it!!!

I think the reason it crosses those lines with both parties is it has Linus giving the true meaning (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKk9rv2hUfA)of the holiday. Then you have the part that we addicted to christmas needs ans that the light, love, songs and merriment.

olga
09-15-2009, 10:37 AM
I think the reason it crosses those lines with both parties is it has Linus giving the true meaning (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKk9rv2hUfA)of the holiday. Then you have the part that we addicted to christmas needs ans that the light, love, songs and merriment.

Excellent video, Ike!!!! :yahoo:

ikey2
09-15-2009, 10:38 AM
Excellent video, Ike!!!! :yahoo:

That's always been one of my favorate parts in the whole show.

olga
09-15-2009, 10:44 AM
That's always been one of my favorate parts in the whole show.

Ike, I love the following scene...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUQX2B67KL4

:santa-smiley:

Kittyskyfish
09-16-2009, 06:08 PM
Kittyskyfish is the name of my siamese cat. Here she is enjoying a warm clothesdryer!

http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt296/Kittyskyfish/askyfish.jpg

ikey2
09-16-2009, 06:08 PM
Kittyskyfish is the name of my siamese cat. Here she is enjoying a warm clothesdryer!

http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt296/Kittyskyfish/askyfish.jpg

Sweet i just found my missing socks

Kittyskyfish
09-16-2009, 06:10 PM
Sweet i just found my missing socks

She's our guard-cat. Be prepared for battle! :santahat:

Grinchless-Bauble
10-21-2009, 10:26 AM
My name comes from my head, simple as that :elf1:

I thought i'd think of something original and The Grinch was on the movie channels last night... but i'm no Grinch hence grinchless, and bauble - everyone knows the big balls that hang from the trees, just thought i'd use a christmasy term to accompany.. :elf1:

TheGiftGiver
11-19-2009, 04:06 AM
its self explanitory:elf1:

ornamentmaven
11-19-2009, 05:34 AM
Ornamentmaven - It means a female who has a special interest in ornaments! :christmastree::christmastree::christmastree:

tinkerbell2
11-19-2009, 05:41 AM
Ornamentmaven - It means a female who has a special interest in ornaments! :christmastree::christmastree::christmastree:

I like...:elf1:

olga
11-19-2009, 09:42 PM
Olga comes from... Olga!! The perfect name for the perfect girl!!!

:gelf::elf1::gelf::elf1::gelf::elf1:

poncacityboy18
11-21-2009, 06:34 AM
poncacityboy18

i am from ponca city, oklahoma
i am a boy
and for the 18 i have two reasons i was born on december 18 and on my next birthday i turn 18

tinkerbell2
11-21-2009, 06:36 AM
poncacityboy18

i am from ponca city, oklahoma
i am a boy
and for the 18 i have two reasons i was born on december 18 and on my next birthday i turn 18

Hi and:welcome: to the forum...:waving:

Grinchless-Bauble
11-21-2009, 06:37 AM
Thats really weird man, im the exact same, 18 on 18th!!!:presents2:

poncacityboy18
11-21-2009, 12:37 PM
Thats really weird man, im the exact same, 18 on 18th!!!:presents2:

is yours december too?

Grinchless-Bauble
11-21-2009, 06:04 PM
is yours december too?

yessssssssss:gelf:

poncacityboy18
11-22-2009, 08:10 AM
yessssssssss:gelf: OMG that is so cool r u sure ur not my long-lost twin?

cissy84
12-03-2009, 11:45 PM
My name is simple.

Cissy is a nickname I had picked up at work a couple of years ago that just stuck with me. (My name is Crystal)

84 is the year I was born.

cissy84 :elf1:

noelle_loves_xmas
12-04-2009, 04:15 AM
well.. my name is noelle... and i love christmas... so... :yahoo:

CountryGirl55
12-05-2009, 05:05 AM
CountryGirl55 comes from living in the country plus I'm a girl who's soon to be 55..........

Seasonette
12-07-2009, 04:29 AM
Dedicated fans of The Seasonal Songsters are called Seasonettes, hence Seasonette! No confusion intended :)

Ellie
12-07-2009, 02:32 PM
I've always been called Ellie!

:elf1:

ChantelleJoy
12-08-2009, 04:22 PM
Did I ever tell everyone that Chantelle Joy is my real name? (First and Middle)

Destined to become obsessed with Christmas, I guess ;)

:tree:

cavaliers60
12-09-2009, 06:24 AM
My name has no reference to the basketball team. It is for the DCI group "The Cavaliers." Great DCI group. :)

mcjakeqcool
12-12-2009, 05:39 AM
Well... I'm a MC(master of ceremonies) so that's where the MC comes from my real name is Jacob, Jake for short so that's where Jake comes from, and the cool part, well dunno cos I'm cooler then cool I'm icy chill. Lol!

karanmi
12-18-2009, 06:14 AM
:merrychristmas:

,Well several years ago I there were severl different Karans on HGTV craft forums but each o0f us was from a different state. I am from Michigan so I became KaranMi:
:dance:

SnowAngel
12-20-2009, 10:29 AM
Mine is off of my blog which I created earlier this year to celebrate Christmas as a single gal. http://KrisKringleForSingles.blogspot.com

milanoki
12-22-2009, 05:37 PM
Milano = my natal city
oki = part of my real name

Jolie
12-22-2009, 08:38 PM
My name is Jolie... and Jolie means pretty in french and that what I am lolzzz:merrychristmas:

olga
12-23-2009, 06:12 PM
My name is Jolie... and Jolie means pretty in french and that what I am lolzzz:merrychristmas:

I thought it was from Angelina Jolie... (just kidding..)

:gelf: :gelf: :gelf:

Jolie
12-29-2009, 07:25 PM
I thought it was from Angelina Jolie... (just kidding..)

:gelf: :gelf: :gelf:

lolzzz Ya I look like her you know hence proved I am pretty lolzzz.... :merrychristmas:

angelpugs
01-23-2010, 05:37 PM
Mine angelpugs is because i love and rescue pugs and their my angels so my rescue is angelpugs.

Caninemom3
02-20-2010, 11:24 PM
My name, Caninemom3, is because I have 3 canines. At times it has been Caninemom5 or etc, whatever the number of canines I had at the time. I LOVE dogs and cats and really all animals so it just fits. I also have felines that I love just as much as the canines !!

ornament64
02-27-2010, 09:53 AM
Ornament= because i have always had an urge to make my own custom-made ornament, and am a fan of christmas.

64= I don't know. Just sounds catchy :P

kam1187
05-22-2010, 11:38 AM
kam= my initials
11= November-my birth month
87= I was born in 1987

Moley
05-28-2010, 06:20 PM
I'm The Mole because I am Visually-Impaired and some people once described me as a 'mole-eyed c**t'. I decided that it wasn't an insult but a badge of defiance to those in the sighted world who don't understand and so I have become The Mole.

angelpugs
05-29-2010, 07:24 PM
Mine is easy as my pugs are my angels-angelpugs.

olga
05-29-2010, 08:13 PM
Mine is easy as my pugs are my angels-angelpugs.

Soooooooooooo sweet......

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/ARG/6890~Snoopy-Cuddling-Woodstock-Posters.jpg

mrjackfrenkobs
06-01-2010, 07:27 PM
JERUSALEM — A day after Israeli commandoes raided an aid flotilla seeking to breach the blockade of Gaza, Israel held hundreds of activists seized aboard the convoy on Tuesday as news reports said activists may be planning a fresh attempt to ferry supplies to the Hamas-run enclave.
At the same time, the Israeli military said troops clashed with two militants who infiltrated from Gaza, killing them both. While such occurrences are almost routine along the volatile border between Israel and Gaza, the incident underscored the tensions seizing the region after Monday’s confrontation at sea, which strained relations between Israel and the United States just as American-sponsored proximity talks involving Palestinians and Israelis were getting under way.
The developments in Israel and Gaza came hours after the United Nations Security Council condemned “acts” leading to the loss of life in Israel’s operation in international waters on Monday that claimed the lives of nine civilians, many of them Turks. In response, Turkey, once seen as Israel’s most important friend in the Muslim world, recalled its ambassador and canceled planned military exercises with Israel as the countries’ already tense relations soured even further. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel was flying home after canceling a Tuesday meeting with President Obama.

SilverBells
06-16-2010, 03:28 PM
That's what I called myself when I was a baby:my lord:. Actually my first word was my name. Self-centered from the crib huh?:singing:

Nollaig
08-08-2010, 08:07 AM
Hi everyone Im new here, I chose Nollaig because its the Irish word for Christmas. I always hoped to have a baby girl around Christmas time so that I could call her Nollaig but it didnt happen. I have 2 girls but 1 was born in January, the other in October so no Nollaigs for me lol:elf1:

SilverBells
08-09-2010, 01:30 AM
Hi everyone Im new here, I chose Nollaig because its the Irish word for Christmas. I always hoped to have a baby girl around Christmas time so that I could call her Nollaig but it didnt happen. I have 2 girls but 1 was born in January, the other in October so no Nollaigs for me lol:elf1:

Hi Nollaig :welcome::welcome::welcome:

Mary Angeldog
08-17-2010, 05:47 AM
My first name is Mary and I've shared my adult life with 4 wonderful canines. Three of them are "angels" now. I'm always happy when I remember the good times I had with them so my name is in their memory. They liked Christmas too!

stephmcuk
08-17-2010, 11:09 PM
mines fairly simple to

steph - my name
mc - my middle and last name letters
uk - born in the uk :D:D:D

christmasmummy
08-26-2010, 04:59 AM
well.... christmas cos im a christmas nut, and mummy, cos im a mummy :D xxx

SilverBells
08-26-2010, 02:10 PM
well.... christmas cos im a christmas nut, and mummy, cos im a mummy :D xxx

Christmasmummy I have three words for you:
:welcome::welcome::welcome:

christmasmummy
08-27-2010, 03:27 AM
thank you tiatia!! am looking forward to spending many a night getting crazy about christmas!! xx

SilverBells
08-27-2010, 02:16 PM
You've come to the right place.:elf3:

*Snowflake*
09-02-2010, 05:18 PM
*Snowflake* - because I like snow and my boyfriend calls me snowflake:smitten:

olga
09-02-2010, 06:30 PM
*Snowflake* - because I like snow and my boyfriend calls me snowflake:smitten:

Cute.. :o

Myy79
09-05-2010, 11:07 PM
I use this nickname other forums also. Myy comes from moomin- cartoon. I had long red hair and it was alwais like Myy has. number 79 comes my birthyear.

ChristmasKatie
09-25-2010, 04:24 AM
Christmas - because it is the best time of the year!
Katie - because it is my name XD i know people say not to use your name, but Katie is such a commen name, and having the two 'k' sounds in my username appealed to me :)

HolidaySingleGirl
10-01-2010, 03:16 AM
My name stands for the blog I recently launched; it's aimed at singles who love Christmas.
:christmastree::presents2:

Emilia
10-25-2010, 02:06 AM
My second name is Emilia, and first name is Laura. :)

Fezziwig
10-26-2010, 06:11 AM
My name is pretty self-explanatory (old) Fezziwig, the former boss of Ebeneser Scrooge when he was a young man. Outside of the fact that I am much younger than him and probably spend more time at the gym-- I've always felt a kinship to that Character from "A Christmas Carol" We both love Christmas .. make it a point to get people into the spirit .. and hate seeing people have to work on the day,

I remember a couple years back I had to work on a Christmas Eve in a supermarket. The store was busy earlier in the day but in late afternoon it was empty. They said they were gonna send us home early but that never panned out. Eventually I just looked at the couple guys I was working with and said, " To heck with all this, lets go hide in the refrigerator and open up some eggnog." (A big walk in Refrigerator for the stores Milk, Eggs, Cheese, ETC -- the only place without cameras) We hung out in there, drank some eggnogg and talked about what 'Santa' was bringing out Children, Wives, Husbands, etc. Really it turned out to be a good time .. and I was out with more than enough time to have Xmas Eve dinner with the family.

Fezziwig
10-26-2010, 06:13 AM
My name stands for the blog I recently launched; it's aimed at singles who love Christmas.
:christmastree::presents2:

Your blog is very neat and well written. Good work on it ... very festive too!!

mikaldinho
10-27-2010, 01:19 AM
my username is simply a mix of Ronaldinho ( a famous footballer ) and Mike ( my name)

MinnesotaMike
11-02-2010, 02:44 AM
My name is Mike & I live in Minnesota. ;)

ornamentmaven
11-02-2010, 02:46 AM
Welcome Mike!

MinnesotaMike
11-02-2010, 02:53 AM
Thanks! Happy to be here. :)

tinkerbell2
11-02-2010, 03:57 AM

Hello Mike...:waving:

mikaldinho
11-02-2010, 04:25 AM
welcome Mike from Minnesota!

MinnesotaMike
11-02-2010, 04:50 AM
Interesting site...quite the international element!! I love it!!

SilverBells
11-02-2010, 04:54 AM

Three words for you Mike: :welcome::welcome::welcome:

Elvira1986
11-02-2010, 07:23 AM
Welcome, Mike!

taja609
11-03-2010, 06:56 PM
Sweet..
Here's what my user stands for:

Taja = feminine character from Mortal Kombat (used to be my model back in the days)
609 = my sister's birth day and month

:waving:

KiltedKrew
11-14-2010, 06:44 AM
My Scottish-ness :)

cujiine
12-10-2010, 07:06 AM
Mine was a bit complicated.
Cuj=Stephen King's Cujo
i=me
ine=R.L.Stine

And everyone has a hard time pronouncing it. It's coojeen.

MinnesotaMike
12-11-2010, 12:28 AM
Mine was a bit complicated.
Cuj=Stephen King's Cujo
i=me
ine=R.L.Stine

And everyone has a hard time pronouncing it. It's coojeen.

Definitely unique.

tspike
07-02-2011, 11:19 AM
I'm new to the forum, but I thought I'd chime in! While my username isn't all that remarkable, the 't' stands for my real first name, which is Tres (pronounced like 'trace'). Before you ask, yes, it's spelled exactly like the Spanish number 3, I *am* the third child, and my mom *does* speak Spanish, but that's not actually why I'm named that!

I'm named after my dad's good friend Trace. Growing up, my mom knew a boy whose name was Tres and pronounced like Trace, so they decided to name me after the friend but change up the spelling. I was supposed to be the oldest child in our immediate family, but shortly before I was born my two half-siblings' mother died and they came to live with us, making me the third child after the name had already been picked out!

TheWire
10-04-2011, 03:32 PM
Well, The Wire is a TV show created by David Simon looking into how we live together as a city. It examines the death of the working class, institutional betray, and the cons of capitalism/globalisation. Absolutely terrific show that needs more publicity.

Christmas_mama
10-04-2011, 04:46 PM
Mine is pretty self explanatory... I love Christmas and I'm a mama :santahat:

SammieDsMom
10-04-2011, 09:00 PM
Mine is easy too. I'm Sammie and I am D's mom! :elf1:

JonahsGrammy
10-07-2011, 04:26 AM
Mine is self explanatory My grandson's name is Jonah. So therefore JonahsGrammy. :):santa2:

Sheena0709
10-16-2011, 02:10 PM
Well Sheena is my first name and 0709 is the day and month my first son was born.

mina553
11-13-2011, 11:39 AM
mine isen;t as intresting as all of yours but i get my name from bramstrokers dracular i just love the name but my real name is gilliaN

SilverBells
11-13-2011, 05:09 PM
mine isen;t as intresting as all of yours but i get my name from bramstrokers dracular i just love the name but my real name is gilliaN

Hi :) Your real name is very pretty also :hopxmas:

:welcome:

MinnesotaMike
11-13-2011, 10:24 PM
I love the name Gillian.

mina553
11-14-2011, 01:49 AM
really thats so nice of u 2
then i like it now then 2
lol

jessicayy
11-24-2011, 12:06 PM
jessicayy
jessica--- was given by my senior sister who lived in the same dormitory when i studied in university.
yy---is my real name :singing:

brainless
12-06-2011, 04:06 AM
brainless >>> sometimes doing a lot of things without thinking hehehehehehe

http://madanicell.info/amazon/white.png

mina553
12-06-2011, 04:46 AM
lol @ brainless hahahah

Stacey.
12-06-2011, 09:33 PM
It's my name. :p

Maggie-May
12-18-2011, 01:46 AM
I had a beautiful cat that I called Maggie-May and she has since passed, and yes because of 'That' song!

CATZILLA
12-18-2011, 01:52 AM
I play Seniors Masters Football semi contact of course, which only means competitive athletics age 45 & up,my friends just started calling me CATZILLA years ago since I enjoy going after the QB and the fact that I'm a Panthers fan has a little to do with it :hopxmas:

ChristmasLover!
12-22-2011, 01:44 AM
My name is kind of obvious. I love christmas and just added an exclamation mark to make it EXCITING!!

Mistletoe
11-26-2016, 06:06 PM
My name is pretty self-explanatory (old) Fezziwig, the former boss of Ebeneser Scrooge when he was a young man. Outside of the fact that I am much younger than him and probably spend more time at the gym-- I've always felt a kinship to that Character from "A Christmas Carol" We both love Christmas .. make it a point to get people into the spirit .. and hate seeing people have to work on the day,

I remember a couple years back I had to work on a Christmas Eve in a supermarket. The store was busy earlier in the day but in late afternoon it was empty. They said they were gonna send us home early but that never panned out. Eventually I just looked at the couple guys I was working with and said, " To heck with all this, lets go hide in the refrigerator and open up some eggnog." (A big walk in Refrigerator for the stores Milk, Eggs, Cheese, ETC -- the only place without cameras) We hung out in there, drank some eggnogg and talked about what 'Santa' was bringing out Children, Wives, Husbands, etc. Really it turned out to be a good time .. and I was out with more than enough time to have Xmas Eve dinner with the family.

Fezziwig is one of my favorite characters! It's great that you're similar- there's not enough of that in this world!

Bishop1954
03-21-2018, 02:54 PM
For my name, when my wife and I met, it was online. We first met in chat rooms and exchanges e-mails, but then got into a little game. Since her screen name and the time was QnConnie (Queen) I decided to start and ongoing saga with her as my Queen. I never really saw myself as a Knight, so I needed something else. Since one of my favorite X-Men characters was named Bishop and certainly that would have been a familiar title in the middle ages, I took that and so the tale of the Queen and Her Bishop began.
I have always enjoyed that name and added my birth year at the end ergo... Bishop1954

Maggie-May
03-21-2018, 03:33 PM
My name is from the song Maggie may by Rod Stewart

Bishop1954
03-23-2018, 02:12 PM
That was one of my favorites from him... Was it due to the song in it's entirety? or a particular portion of the words?

Maggie-May
03-24-2018, 04:51 PM
The whole song really, I also named one of my cats after the song (she has sincerely passed) . I just liked it

ornamentmaven
03-25-2018, 05:33 PM
Love that song - Maggie May! Brings back many high school memories!

My name is, very simply, that I adore Christmas ornaments!

Bishop1954
03-26-2018, 10:49 AM
Nothing wrong with that. Back in the day, when almost every young lady's name was in a song somewhere, it was easy to find a song to go along with your date... :santa: