PDA

View Full Version : The Great Christmas Tree Debate

vadare
11-27-2011, 04:33 AM
I am taking it upon myself to start a thread of my own to start the Great Christmas Tree Debate.

Y'all ready? Here it is:

Live vs. Artificial

Let the games begin! :christmastree:

Donna-50
11-27-2011, 07:07 AM
Love real but started buying artificial when the real ones got to expensive. Now the real ones have come down in price so I buy a real tree sometimes. My youngest daughter hates the smell of real ones.

Merry Christmas Darling
11-27-2011, 07:36 AM
When you reach a certain age, tabletop artificial is the way to go.

Real trees are wonderful though.

steph535
11-27-2011, 03:03 PM
Love real but started buying artificial when the real ones got to expensive. Now the real ones have come down in price so I buy a real tree sometimes. My youngest daughter hates the smell of real ones.

My oldest daughter hates the smell of real trees, too. I just don't get it. What's not to love? but, we all have our own tastes.:snowman:

MinnesotaMike
11-27-2011, 11:10 PM
I am not committed either way. We always use artificial, but I have no problem with real trees either. I suppose it's a "convenience" thing for me more than anything. Now that I found my Scentsicles, I LOVE my fake tree!!

drummerj12001
11-27-2011, 11:51 PM
my family always had a live tree growing up, but I have an artificial one. it is more of a convenience and cost cutting measure for me.

Elfjan
11-28-2011, 02:17 AM
Every year I buy a new 'real' Christmas tree. After Christmas I plant this tree in the garden.
A real one gives a nice scent troughout the house.

ornamentmaven
11-28-2011, 02:23 AM
Only use artificial now. Always used to swear by real until the year my husband had surgery and I knew I wouldn't be able to put a real tree up myself. So, we bought an artificial tree and haven't looked back!

cujiine
11-28-2011, 04:25 AM
I will always be a real tree person. My family has always had a real one out in the front room. A couple of years ago we bought a small fake tree that was going to be used for our outdoor display but due to several young people on out street who have an affinity for stealing things, we stopped putting it up. I have had it up in my room the last two years and I decorate it with the older traditional decorations that no longer have a place on our main tree. It brings the Christmas spirit into my room.

ChantelleJoy
11-28-2011, 04:54 AM
Another vote in for "Both"!!!

I always had a fake tree growing up (as my mom is allergic to pine, and didn't know about the other varieties). As of 2005 i started having a real tree. My living room tree is the real one, and i use an older 5-foot fake tree I bought at a flea market for $10 in my room.

New this year is a tiny (2.5' ish) tabletop fibre optic tree at my boyfriends house, which will get incorporated into my collection when we live together :)
:familytree:

Merry Christmas Darling
11-28-2011, 11:44 AM
I am not committed either way. We always use artificial, but I have no problem with real trees either. I suppose it's a "convenience" thing for me more than anything. Now that I found my Scentsicles, I LOVE my fake tree!!

:elf3: We have Scentsicles, too.

MGA828
11-28-2011, 02:42 PM
artificial tree for me

jmacguire
11-28-2011, 08:09 PM
I go for live because it gives live feeling about Christmas. :treedance:

mina553
12-06-2011, 01:06 AM
personally i never had a real tree but my mil use to have them,

i would love to have 1 next year.

but i have heard their hard to keep for a month with out wiltering & the needles falling when i was younger they sold them & the forestery division but now i dont know why their not as popular as they use to be ,

NSCountryGal
12-06-2011, 09:19 AM
I much prefer real and growing up we always had a real tree, never an artificial. I have been living on my own for 5 years and my boyfriend has allergies so the real always cause problems. We have an artificial tree. The only con i see is that it is a cost saver but I would much rather have the pine smell going through the home

Gardeviance
12-06-2011, 02:14 PM
:christmastree: I have to say I love both. Some artificial trees can be very convincing! I'm a big fan of the white and tabletop trees. The white trees look almost magical. So delicate, like glass. :-)