PDA

View Full Version : Santa Clause is Comin' To Town

nholl4
11-24-2011, 12:36 AM
Hey everyone!

So, my favourite Rankin Bass Christmas special is Santa Clause is Comin' to Town. My favourite part of the movie is at the very end when the Postman (played by Fred Astaire) says "Poor misguided folks; they miss the whole point! Lots of unhappiness, maybe so. But doesn't Santa take a little bit of that unhappiness away? Doesn't a smile on Christmas morning scratch out a tear, cried on a sadder day? Not much maybe. But what would happen if we all tried to be like Santa, and learned to give, as only he can give? Of ourselves, our talents our love, and our hearts. Maybe if we could all learn Santa's beautiful lesson, maybe there would finally be peace on earth, and goodwill towards man". This quote makes me cry every time. People have made Santa seem like a commercial devil, but it isn't him...it's us! I truly believe that if everyone heard this quote, and stayed true to it, there would be peace on earth. Only 33 days left until Christmas!! :snowman:

mina553
11-24-2011, 12:46 AM
:merrychristmas:

:snowman:

:giftpeek:

:my lord:

MinnesotaMike
11-24-2011, 11:27 PM
Funny...although I enjoyed that one as a kid, my boys don't seem to like it. It's the only one I put in where they complain and ask for the Grinch, or The Year Without A Santa Claus. They like the heat miser and snow miser...not so much the burgermiester miesterburger.

Classic Christmas
11-25-2011, 02:25 AM
An absolute classic. I probably watch the movie a half-dozen times each season.

mina553
11-25-2011, 03:50 AM
Funny...although I enjoyed that one as a kid, my boys don't seem to like it. It's the only one I put in where they complain and ask for the Grinch, or The Year Without A Santa Claus. They like the heat miser and snow miser...not so much the burgermiester miesterburger.

your boys R typical boys mike :waving:

shore makes scents
11-27-2011, 07:45 AM
It's just not Christmas without this movie!

AsiaQuiss
11-30-2011, 07:04 PM
So funny.

Merry Xmas in advance!

Santa57
11-14-2012, 02:12 PM
This is my first post on these forums, I think, but I just had to comment. For *years* I couldn't remember where the quote came from, only that it was one of the Rankin-Bass specials. In sheer desperation I finally bought the whole collection a few years ago. I love it as much now as when I first saw it. And I also cry whenever I see it. There's so much truth in it, it shines! :)

Thanks for mentioning it!

ChantelleJoy
11-15-2012, 06:25 AM
This is my first post on these forums, I think, but I just had to comment. For *years* I couldn't remember where the quote came from, only that it was one of the Rankin-Bass specials. In sheer desperation I finally bought the whole collection a few years ago. I love it as much now as when I first saw it. And I also cry whenever I see it. There's so much truth in it, it shines! :)

Thanks for mentioning it!

Thanks for joining to share your memory! I hope to see you around more over the Holidays!

Santa57
11-17-2012, 03:13 PM
Thanks! I've always been a nut about Christmass, it's my favorite time of year. And your "Garfield" tag line is another of my favorites. :) And yet another DVD I finally bought after they stopped airing it (at least in the US).

ChantelleJoy
11-19-2012, 01:13 PM
The Garfield Christmas Special is one of my Family's absolute favorites, we've watched it every year since I was very, very young (probably the year it came out). We had a set of specials on an old VHS that included the original airing of Garfield - and this year I finally got it transfered to DVD - I'm so excited to give it to my family as a gift this year! :) Thank for sharing your memories too!

Santa57
11-21-2012, 04:41 PM
The Garfield Christmas Special is one of my Family's absolute favorites, we've watched it every year since I was very, very young (probably the year it came out). We had a set of specials on an old VHS that included the original airing of Garfield - and this year I finally got it transfered to DVD - I'm so excited to give it to my family as a gift this year! :) Thank for sharing your memories too!

Great! I watched it last night. And probably will a couple dozen more times, lol. I'm the same way with the Charlie Brown Christmas, I've watched it every year since it first came out in 1965. I thought I wasn't gonna like the Garfield one, from the way it started, but it turned out to be one of my all-time favorites!

DreamSanta
11-22-2012, 12:17 PM
yes I cant wait