PDA

View Full Version : How to make a tree full?

DyingRose
11-16-2011, 03:58 AM
Hi all,

I am new here and hope to help others and get some help/advice too. I've always had my sister come help me put up the Christmas tree (just fluff the branches out to make it more full) but this year I want to start doing it myself (or try to! LOL) I have a daughter that's 7 months old so this year is little more special. Even though she is still a baby and won't remember it but I will.

Can anyone suggest a video that helps with fluffing the Tree? to make it look more real and full? If so, please share! or even if you have advice, it doesn't have to be a video.

Thank you all,
Lace

ChantelleJoy
11-16-2011, 06:48 AM
This "How to Make your fake tree look like a real on (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGCsx-aFzMs)e" has a good guide to fluffing a tree up in "Step 2" -- or maybe you'll want to follow all the instructions for a really REAL looking tree! :)

:familytree:

humbug_clause
11-20-2011, 01:36 AM
youtube is always really helpful in that area! :)

MinnesotaMike
11-20-2011, 11:54 PM
The funny thing is, in my opinion a good artificial tree almost always looks fuller and nicer than a real tree anyway. We just bought a new fake tree this year, and it's the fullest tree I've ever seen.

ChantelleJoy
11-21-2011, 10:10 AM
The funny thing is, in my opinion a good artificial tree almost always looks fuller and nicer than a real tree anyway. We just bought a new fake tree this year, and it's the fullest tree I've ever seen.

I agree mike, the newer trees nowadays are just gorgeous!! However, to be fair, most trees that are 10+ years old are not as nice. I remember my tree from my childhood in the 90s to be very spindly indeed.

Also, it really comes down to cost, the more expensive the artificial tree the much fuller and lifelike (or better) it will look, but you can still buy some (relatively) cheap trees at discount stores that are cost effective but less full.

Let us know how it turns out Dyingrose!

MinnesotaMike
11-24-2011, 11:17 PM
I agree mike, the newer trees nowadays are just gorgeous!! However, to be fair, most trees that are 10+ years old are not as nice. I remember my tree from my childhood in the 90s to be very spindly indeed.

Also, it really comes down to cost, the more expensive the artificial tree the much fuller and lifelike (or better) it will look, but you can still buy some (relatively) cheap trees at discount stores that are cost effective but less full.

Let us know how it turns out Dyingrose!

We just got our newest one at Menard's for $89. I need to post a pic. I thought it looked so good, I was shocked at the price. I couldn't pass it up.

Crazymike1965
11-25-2011, 12:11 PM
I agree Chantelle and Mike. My new 12' tree blows away it's 8' predecessor that I bought back in 1998. It is very realistic and there is little if any bare spots. It cost me a pretty penny but it will last me for at least 10 years unless we buy another house with a higher ceiling ;)

mina553
11-25-2011, 12:53 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rGCsx-aFzMs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
this link is a more hands on tip

ChristmasFairy
11-25-2011, 05:12 PM
I agree mike, the newer trees nowadays are just gorgeous!! However, to be fair, most trees that are 10+ years old are not as nice. ....LOL ... the tree I'm using this year is 22 years old this Christmas !!! .... but I do agree with you that the 'new generation' trees are fabulous .. very realistic. Only thing missing is the scent :elf1:

drummerj12001
11-25-2011, 11:05 PM
to make a tree full, I always use alot of lights. for some reason that always seems to work with my trees.

MinnesotaMike
11-26-2011, 01:03 AM
LOL ... the tree I'm using this year is 22 years old this Christmas !!! .... but I do agree with you that the 'new generation' trees are fabulous .. very realistic. Only thing missing is the scent :elf1:

Hang scent sticks on it, and problem solved.

ChristmasFairy
11-26-2011, 08:33 AM
Hang scent sticks on it, and problem solved.Have never seen those Mike ........a scented candle will have to suffice:xmascandycane:

mina553
11-26-2011, 09:28 AM
calypso did u watch the link i posted ?

jessicayy
11-26-2011, 06:31 PM
to make a tree full, I always use alot of lights. for some reason that always seems to work with my trees.

yeah,so do i ,and the lights are so beautiful:christmastree:

Merry Christmas Darling
11-26-2011, 07:27 PM
Have never seen those Mike ........a scented candle will have to suffice:xmascandycane:

I saw the scent sticks at Walmart this year and bought some.

ChristmasFairy
11-26-2011, 08:52 PM
calypso did u watch the link i posted ?

No Mina ... I couldn't open that link but it doesn't matter as even though my tree is 'old school' from the 80's, it is a very full tree as you can tell from the pic I posted on the 'Gift Wrapping' thread here (http://www.allthingschristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5804) ......... so I don't have a problem with making it full .... but thank you anyway:elf2:

MinnesotaMike
11-26-2011, 10:23 PM
I saw the scent sticks at Walmart this year and bought some.

Are they working as well for you as they are for me? I'm totally sold on them!! :elf3: