View Full Version : Pumpkin-Spice Bars 4 christmas or thxgiving

mina553
11-10-2011, 08:40 AM
u will need

Bars
4 eggs
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup raisins, if desired

Cream Cheese Frosting
1 package (3 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, if desired

step 1
Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease bottom and sides of 15x10x1-inch pan with shortening. In large bowl, beat eggs, granulated sugar, oil and pumpkin until smooth. Stir in flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, ginger and cloves. Stir in raisins. Spread in pan.

step 2
Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until light brown. Cool completely in pan on cooling rack, about 2 hours.

step3
In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla with electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Gradually beat in powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, on low speed until smooth and spreadable. Spread frosting over bars. Sprinkle with walnuts. For bars, cut into 7 rows by 7 rows. Store in refrigerator :elf3:

Elf_Erv
11-10-2011, 10:21 AM
mmmm I need to try this sounds yummy :tree:

mina553
11-10-2011, 10:24 AM
they are quite tasty & u will feel proud of your self cause it seems like a lotta work but its simple

steph535
11-10-2011, 01:31 PM
they do sound delicious. thanks, mina

ornamentmaven
11-11-2011, 12:00 AM
I love anything with pumpkin!

mina553
11-11-2011, 05:33 AM
& their quite attractive looking lol.
let me know how they turn out if u do make them ok?

kellyk
11-18-2011, 08:41 AM
This sounds deliciious I will definitely give it a try

mina553
11-18-2011, 11:12 AM
will u let me know how it came out plrase

mina553
11-18-2011, 11:24 AM
here is another quick dish 4 thxgiving 1 hour max prep time

u will need

1 can French-fried onions
2 bags Green Giant® frozen broccoli & three cheese sauce
1 package (3 oz) cream cheese, cut into cubes
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper, if desired
1/2 teaspoon red pepper sauce

step 1
Heat oven to 350°F. Reserve 1 cup French-fried onions for topping

step 2
In 5-quart Dutch oven, mix remaining onions, the broccoli, cream cheese, bell pepper and red pepper sauce. Cover; cook over medium-low heat about 20 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking, until sauce chips are melted. Transfer to ungreased 2- to 3-quart casserole.

step 3
Bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle reserved onions around outer edge of casserole; bake 5 minutes longer.

taste sooooo good

MiaDesignz
11-22-2011, 12:53 PM
u will need

Bars
4 eggs
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup raisins, if desired

Cream Cheese Frosting
1 package (3 oz) cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, if desired

step 1
Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease bottom and sides of 15x10x1-inch pan with shortening. In large bowl, beat eggs, granulated sugar, oil and pumpkin until smooth. Stir in flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, ginger and cloves. Stir in raisins. Spread in pan.

step 2
Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until light brown. Cool completely in pan on cooling rack, about 2 hours.

step3
In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla with electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Gradually beat in powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, on low speed until smooth and spreadable. Spread frosting over bars. Sprinkle with walnuts. For bars, cut into 7 rows by 7 rows. Store in refrigerator :elf3:

Sounds amazing! Will definitely be trying this.

mina553
11-22-2011, 01:01 PM
:singing: :santa1:

mina553
11-23-2011, 02:09 PM
Potato Dinner Rolls Recipe

Makes 12 rolls

Ingredients
•2¼ teaspoons (1 package) active dry yeast
•1 tablespoon sugar
•6 tablespoons lukewarm water
•1 egg
•⅔ cup milk, at room temperature
•½ cup warm mashed potatoes
•3½ cups all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling
•1 tablespoon salt
•⅓ cup rendered bacon fat, melted and cooled to room temperature
Directions

In a small bowl, combine the yeast and sugar with the water and let sit for 15 minutes, until frothy.

Using a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook, knead together the egg, milk, mashed potatoes, and the yeast mixture on low speed. Add the flour and salt and knead for 4 minutes. Add the bacon fat by the spoonful and mix until the dough is homogenous. You want to have a smooth dough consistency. It should taste like raw mashed-potato bread dough—in other words, not very good.

Transfer the dough to an oiled bowl and set it in a warm place. Let the dough rise for an hour, or until doubled in size. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface, punch it down, and knead it for a minute. Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces (2½ to 2¾ ounces each). Roll each piece between the palm of your hand and the floured work surface, pressing down gently. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and oil the sides. Place the dough balls, seam-side down, on the baking sheet ¼ inch apart, so when they rise they attach to one another. Let rise for 45 minutes in a warm place, or until doubled in size. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375°F.

Bake the rolls for 20 to 25 minutes, or until very lightly browned. They should not turn golden brown, but instead look like the cheap grocery-store doughy rolls that your grandma serves. Remove from the oven and let cool on a rack for 15 minutes before tearing apart and serving.

Reprinted with permission from The Art of Living According to Joe Beef by Fredéric Morin, David McMillan & Meredith Erickson, copyright © 2011. Published by Ten Speed Press, a division of Random House, Inc.

Read more: http://www.oprah.com/food/Potato-Dinner-Roll-Recipe#ixzz1eWCSZGZQ

DesignerLynn
11-28-2011, 01:55 PM
Mmmmm....sounds YUMMY!

mina553
11-28-2011, 11:31 PM
Mmmmm....sounds YUMMY!

it really does taste good & I just love pumpkin:xmaswink:

mina553
12-03-2011, 07:24 AM
the smell of fresh baked cookies on christmas eve.
santa will be having these when he comes to my house this year
i havent tried these yet .

Cranberry-Almond Cookie Crisps

1 pouch Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix

1 tablespoon Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 egg 1/2 cup finely chopped toasted almonds*
1/2 cup chopped sweetened dried cranberries
1 tablespoon sugar

Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, stir together cookie mix, flour, butter, almond extract and egg until soft dough forms. Stir in almonds and cranberries.
On lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut dough with 2-inch round cookie cutter. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookies sheets. > Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Sprinkle with sugar. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completey, about 15 minutes. Store loosely covered at room temperature.

ornamentmaven
12-03-2011, 10:53 AM
Maybe I'll try this. I love cranberries and almonds!

mina553
12-03-2011, 04:02 PM
Maybe I'll try this. I love cranberries and almonds!

i thought the combination would be a good one for the season,
i like making the cookies with my grand daughter her mother & i did it every christmas eve b4
PJ time .:christmastree:

mina553
12-05-2011, 03:26 AM

Jolly Santa Cookies
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened

1cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1 egg 2 tablespoons milk

1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt 1 cup plus
2 tablespoons Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy vanilla ready-to-spread frosting
3 tablespoons red sugar
18 miniature marshmallows
36 currants or semisweet chocolate chips
18 red cinnamon candies
3/4 cup shredded coconut

Heat oven to 400°F. Beat butter, granulated sugar and lemon peel in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stir in egg and milk. Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 3 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Press bottom of drinking glass on each until about 1/4 inch and 3 inches in diameter. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.

3 Spread frosting on cookie (frost and decorate each cookie before starting another). Sprinkle red sugar over top third of cookie for hat. Press on miniature marshmallow for tassel. Press 2 currants for eyes and 1 cinnamon candy for nose into center third of cookie. Sprinkle coconut over bottom third for beard
:xmashigh5: