PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Tree Themes 2011

ChristmasFairy
10-29-2011, 07:59 PM
Do you change the theme and/or colour of your Christmas Tree decorations from year to year or do you keep adding to your existing collection of decorations?

How will your trees be decorated for Christmas 2011?:christmastree:

MinnesotaMike
10-29-2011, 10:10 PM
At this point, we don't add too much. I suppose we will when the boys are in school and they bring home something they made. We have tons of ornaments and we just decide as we go which go on and which don't. Our tree decoration is truly a spontaneous thing. We dig out all the boxes and simply "start".

purpleskies
10-29-2011, 10:59 PM
we change our tree color scheme every year. we picked multicolored lights this year but all the other decorations will be the same throughout the house! trying to figure out how we can put some stuff in the front yard but we have no outlets around that area so gotta see if we can somehow run a cord through the door or window...

Sheena0709
10-29-2011, 11:47 PM
My theme is always the same.. red white and blue

MinnesotaMike
10-30-2011, 12:03 AM
we change our tree color scheme every year. we picked multicolored lights this year but all the other decorations will be the same throughout the house! trying to figure out how we can put some stuff in the front yard but we have no outlets around that area so gotta see if we can somehow run a cord through the door or window...

I don't have any outlets on the outside of my house either. I always run power from the garage. I drilled a small hole on the edge of the garage window to feed the cord through.

purpleskies
10-30-2011, 12:12 AM
we live in an apartment complex and theres no garage :( whats worse is we have an outlet at our back door but even if we put stuff back there no one would see we are at the corner of the building!!! but we have a perfect little spot in the front yard that is ours and no frickin outlet! lol

ornamentmaven
10-30-2011, 01:39 AM
we live in an apartment complex and theres no garage :( whats worse is we have an outlet at our back door but even if we put stuff back there no one would see we are at the corner of the building!!! but we have a perfect little spot in the front yard that is ours and no frickin outlet! lol

Maybe you should just run an extension cord thru the front window, then close the window as far as you can and stuff some insulation in to seal out the cold. You could also use some heavy tape to seal up the open crack. Put the cord at a far corner of the window - behind the curtains and just keep the window shut! If there's a will, there's a way!

tinkerbell2
10-30-2011, 01:47 AM
My tree's are..no themes as such just colours..

Landing..........Green,Gold and Red.
Hallway..........Browns,Oranges Autumnal colours
Kitchen..........Every colour
Main tree.......Clear glass with a touch of white to make it seems frosty.
This is in the living room.

ornamentmaven
10-30-2011, 01:54 AM
Main tree is white garland, topper, tree skirt & lights with silver bead strands. My ornaments are mainly antiques and collectables - so they are all colors and styles and many have sentimental value- so I'd never change them! I used to use red garland and multi-lights - many years ago!

The tree in the den is new this year and is a white tree with clear and purple lights, & silver bead strands. It will have 44 purple glittery ornments and 28 Hallmark Madame Alexander doll ornments. I will be using a real Madame Alexnder doll as the topper. I have to make some sort of purple tree skirt!

Each daughter puts a small tree in her room. One has a white tree with a collection of "Rudolph" mini ornaments. The other is green with a variety of small ornaments. They don't always use lights!

Christmas_mama
10-30-2011, 04:21 AM
My tree is a winter wonderland theme :-) White, silver and glass :christmastree: Multicoloured lights, though :christmastree:

tinkerbell2
10-30-2011, 04:23 AM
My tree is a winter wonderland theme :-) White, silver and glass :christmastree: Multicoloured lights, though :christmastree:

Same as mine but mine is clear lights..:christmastree:

Merry Christmas Darling
10-30-2011, 05:31 AM
4 Trees:

Brown ornaments http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/Christmas%20Ornaments/ChristmasMatteBrownOrnament.gif

Vintage ornaments http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/Christmas%20Ornaments/ChristmasVintageShinyBrite-1.jpg

Blue and silver ornaments http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/Blue%20Christmas/ChristmasQVC-1.jpg

Toy ornaments (some are Hallmark) http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/Christmas%20Ornaments/ChristmasLittleEinsteinsOrnament-1.jpg

*Snowflake*
10-30-2011, 07:12 PM

mine is always different, although I like the most red colors. This year I'm planning to have it silver and maybe white.:elf3:

Christmas_mama
10-30-2011, 07:18 PM
Same as mine but mine is clear lights..:christmastree:

mine is always different, although I like the most red colors. This year I'm planning to have it silver and maybe white.:elf3:

It's a great theme :elf3:

nholl4
11-01-2011, 11:07 PM
Our main tree is all about sentiment! We have collected ornaments, and have gifts of ornaments and they all go on the tree, with a gold star on top with multi-coloured and white lights! It actually looks really beautiful!! My siblings and I also get a real mini tree in each of our rooms, and those ones are more "themed"; mine is lavender, silver, and black because those are my room colours. :christmastree:

ChristmasFairy
11-06-2011, 08:43 AM
Same as mine but mine is clear lights..:christmastree:Same as my last tree in 2009 .... a Winter Wonderland theme :snowman:

ChristmasFairy
11-06-2011, 08:48 AM
If I decide to decorate a tree this year .... was thinking of keeping it the same (predominantly white with a touch of silver/glass and clear lights) but with a slight twist ... more of a Winter Woodland theme :santa1:

ornamentmaven
11-06-2011, 11:05 PM
Well, I set up my new white, pre-lit, 4 foot tree to check out the lights. First of all the lights were multi instead of clear! Second of all, I decided I like the multi lights better, so I would keep the tree. Thirdly, I decided to replace all of the yellow bulbs with purple - big mistake. I ruined one of the strands of lights on the tree! Fourth - I bought a matching set of lights to replace the strand I ruined (and add more lights to the tree) -but I was stuck with the yellow bulbs! Fifth- I added 44 sparkly purple ornaments (very inexpensive ones - cost a total of $12). Sixth - I added a Madame Alexander doll from my collection as the topper. She's dressed in purple and green. Seventh - I decided NOT to put on the silver bead strand. Eighth - I have 28 Hallmark Madame Alexander Doll ornaments that I still need to add - as soon as I dig them out of storage. Ninth - I will take a picture and post it when it is done!

Merry Christmas Darling
11-07-2011, 03:24 AM
Well, I set up my new white, pre-lit, 4 foot tree to check out the lights. First of all the lights were multi instead of clear! Second of all, I decided I like the multi lights better, so I would keep the tree. Thirdly, I decided to replace all of the yellow bulbs with purple - big mistake. I ruined one of the strands of lights on the tree! Fourth - I bought a matching set of lights to replace the strand I ruined (and add more lights to the tree) -but I was stuck with the yellow bulbs! Fifth- I added 44 sparkly purple ornaments (very inexpensive ones - cost a total of $12). Sixth - I added a Madame Alexander doll from my collection as the topper. She's dressed in purple and green. Seventh - I decided NOT to put on the silver bead strand. Eighth - I have 28 Hallmark Madame Alexander Doll ornaments that I still need to add - as soon as I dig them out of storage. Ninth - I will take a picture and post it when it is done!

Woohoo! :hopxmas: I'll be waiting.

I have some tweaking to do before I start taking pictures. I'm thinking about a couple of purchases.

Merry Christmas Darling
11-07-2011, 03:44 AM
My tree's are..no themes as such just colours..

Landing..........Green,Gold and Red.
Hallway..........Browns,Oranges Autumnal colours
Kitchen..........Every colour
Main tree.......Clear glass with a touch of white to make it seems frosty.
This is in the living room.

I'm so confused about your fireplace. I remembered the mantel as a natural wood color, and then in 2010, there was a totally different style. Are you in a different home?

Not Long Until Christmas
11-07-2011, 07:31 PM
Mix and match all the way... It means any decorations will work.

All arranged with an artistic eye of course!

olga
11-07-2011, 09:03 PM
I think, I always keep the same theme...

Now, I do not really know, if its the same theme, when Im just one of those who love traditional Christmas decoration...
And that means wooden ornaments, trains, bows green and red etc...

JollyElfDC
11-09-2011, 09:16 AM
My tree is all mercury glass and other old fashioned style ornaments. I've spent way to much money to change it. The thing is, now that mercury glass ornaments are sold everywhere, my tree no longer feels unique.

ornamentmaven
11-09-2011, 09:35 AM
My tree is all mercury glass and other old fashioned style ornaments. I've spent way to much money to change it. The thing is, now that mercury glass ornaments are sold everywhere, my tree no longer feels unique.

I hear what you're saying. I have a lot or time, money and emotional attachment tied up in my ornaments. They have become just like close friends and I look forward to seeing them each year! My main tree is alittle bit of this and that, but alot of memories!

MinnesotaMike
11-09-2011, 10:25 AM
I'm proud to say we have settled on a theme for our tree this year. This year, our theme will be......"Christmas".

Merry Christmas Darling
11-09-2011, 10:41 AM
I'm proud to say we have settled on a theme for our tree this year. This year, our theme will be......"Christmas".

Bwaahahahahaha!

Donna-50
11-10-2011, 10:21 PM
My main tree is a memory tree. All the ornaments through the years. My living room tree I did in jewel tones last year and may go back to that or do orange.

I got two cats a few months ago so hopefully I will be able to decorate and the kitten won't take every thing off the tree.:treedance:

ChristmasFairy
11-11-2011, 10:18 PM
For Christmas-mama and Tinkerbell (as you're both doing a Winter Wonderland theme like me).... I came across this ... Click (http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=UFBotRAGFyE)

ornamentmaven
11-11-2011, 11:08 PM
For Christmas-mama and Tinkerbell (as you're both doing a Winter Wonderland theme like me).... I came across this ... Click (http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=UFBotRAGFyE)

Very interesting! That really gave me some ideas for my piano!

Elvira1986
11-12-2011, 02:55 AM
I'm not sure yet, but I'm thinking about going traditional this year with red, silver & green.

ChristmasFairy
11-12-2011, 01:30 PM
I'm not sure yet, but I'm thinking about going traditional this year with red, silver & green.Sounds lovely Elvira .........

I'm still 'hovering'..... it all depends on if the decorations I ordered online arrive on time (sigh) but most likely it'll be a Winter Wonderland theme :elf3:

ladyice
11-14-2011, 04:22 AM
My living room tree is blue and silver. The home office tree has the Nutcracker Suite theme on it.

Sometimes I add to it but just a few things here and there.

ornamentmaven
11-22-2011, 12:21 PM
Here are a few of my doll ornaments that I will put on my Madame Alexander doll themed tree!

I'll post more photos tomorrow!

Merry Christmas Darling
11-22-2011, 12:40 PM
Here are a few of my doll ornaments that I will put on my Madame Alexander doll themed tree!

I'll post more photos tomorrow!

Oh, wow! I've never seen those before! When were they made? How did I miss getting some?

steph535
11-22-2011, 01:19 PM
nice dolls! I especially like the ones in the second picture. I am looking forward to seeing the tree when it's all finished.

Stacey.
11-22-2011, 08:35 PM
We never change the theme, it's the same every year, just a multi-coloured tree. <3

ornamentmaven
11-22-2011, 10:06 PM
Oh, wow! I've never seen those before! When were they made? How did I miss getting some?

These are Hallmark ornaments. I have three different series: 4 Madame Alexander Little Women (porcelain) - complete series; 3 Madame Alexander Christmas Angels - complete series; and 21 of the Madame Alexander doll series - ongoing (I seem to have misplaced 5 of these and I am not happy). The ornaments are based upon actual dolls produced by Madame Alexander.

ornamentmaven
11-22-2011, 10:13 PM
I have posted photos of the tree under a new thread "ornamentmaven's decorating efforts 2011"

murtisha
11-23-2011, 06:40 AM
I don't have any outlets on the outside of my house either. I always run power from the garage. I drilled a small hole on the edge of the garage window to feed the cord through.

That's what we do too. Fits under the garage door just fine.

Mary Angeldog
11-24-2011, 01:30 AM
I've had theme trees for years. In recent years I've stuck with these themes:
Foyer tree--White snowflakes and icicles
Guest bedroom--small tree with toy ornaments
Man Cave tree--reflects my husband's interests: West Virginia University sports and car racing-white lights with blue gold and red ribbon garlands
In the living room I rotate themes:
Handmade and nature ornaments with multicolored lights and cranberry garland
Red and white ornaments with red and white lights and white pearl garland
All of out traditional blown glass and other shiney ornaments with multicolored lights and red velvet ribbon garland
Once in the while I pull out all of our turquoise, chartreuse and purple ornaments and make a mod mid-century looking tree.
I also coordinate our coffee table decorations to each theme.

mina553
11-24-2011, 01:44 AM
Do you change the theme and/or colour of your Christmas Tree decorations from year to year or do you keep adding to your existing collection of decorations?

How will your trees be decorated for Christmas 2011?:christmastree:

i love decorations so much every year i change them this year because of the 2 grand babies i have paper balls & plush christmas toys u can see it on my alum:treedance:b

ChristmasFairy
11-24-2011, 08:38 AM
i love decorations so much every year i change them this year because of the 2 grand babies i have paper balls & plush christmas toys u can see it on my alum:treedance:bA toy theme is a nice idea Mina ....... where is the pic posted?:tree:

mina553
11-24-2011, 01:28 PM
A toy theme is a nice idea Mina ....... where is the pic posted?:tree:

its on my forum main page in my pix album thats why the baby tried 2 pull the toy off lol u will see the gate i put up 2

tomc
12-13-2011, 04:52 AM
the young one spent a couple of hours decorating the xmas tree...
the lights were turned on, applause.

and then chaos. the 2 kittens have pretty much stripped it bare.
One of them has clambered up to the top of a 6ft plus tree and had a good old go at the angel...

:tree1:

mina553
12-13-2011, 05:01 AM
did u get angry kitten khaos ? o my did u put it back up ? & did they do it again

tomc
12-13-2011, 05:30 AM
well... we have now officially given up. We put everything back up but they stripped the tree again... we now have a pile of baubles at the base of the tree which they kick around the living room. And very sadly, the angel is now bald.
the kittens have been forgiven! again.

Merry Christmas Darling
12-13-2011, 05:43 AM
You naughty kittens! You shall have no pie! LOL.

Merry Christmas Darling
12-13-2011, 05:45 AM
I've had theme trees for years. In recent years I've stuck with these themes:
Foyer tree--White snowflakes and icicles
Guest bedroom--small tree with toy ornaments
Man Cave tree--reflects my husband's interests: West Virginia University sports and car racing-white lights with blue gold and red ribbon garlands
In the living room I rotate themes:
Handmade and nature ornaments with multicolored lights and cranberry garland
Red and white ornaments with red and white lights and white pearl garland
All of out traditional blown glass and other shiney ornaments with multicolored lights and red velvet ribbon garland
Once in the while I pull out all of our turquoise, chartreuse and purple ornaments and make a mod mid-century looking tree.
I also coordinate our coffee table decorations to each theme.

Oh, please, please post pictures!

mina553
12-13-2011, 06:15 AM
Oh, please, please post pictures!

lol do u mean of the bald angel lol yikes

those kittens are luckey if they were mine wow i can;t think what i would do ,

dont they want their toys any more ? i guess the tree is much more intresting to ruine . hmm