PDA

View Full Version : Less than 2 weeks....

Shanniclause
10-24-2011, 09:18 AM
Until I put up my tree. I like to put it up the weekends after Halloween.

:tree1:

SilverBells
10-24-2011, 02:38 PM

Really? That's great :hopxmas: Will you post photos? :xmaswink:

kristleful
10-24-2011, 02:41 PM
Wow, that's awesome! I can't put my tree up that early, because I get a real one. It would be dead by Christmas!:christmastree:

tinkerbell2
10-24-2011, 03:41 PM

That's great, we don't do the main tree until beginning of December. Can't wait to see
your photo's..:christmastree:

Snowman
10-24-2011, 04:29 PM
It will be December before ours goes up.Can't wait!:snowman:

Shanniclause
10-24-2011, 11:19 PM
I will post pics for sure. Being a single dad to a toddler, its just me that does all decorations. Therefore, If I am gonna do all of this myself, I want to get the most out of it, which means almost a full 3 months of Christmas spirit :merrychristmas:

Kelbagdon
10-25-2011, 12:13 AM
We are putting our tree up early too. Probably the weekend after Halloween. We are putting up two trees this year and a ton of decorations. It's so much work I would hate to only have it up for a month so at least this way we get to enjoy for a little longer. :christmastree:

Merry Christmas Darling
10-25-2011, 12:23 AM
I hope to get my new tree up early also; it hasn't arrived, but they notified us that it was shipped. It depends on when my granddaughter can come over to help me.

Shanniclause
10-25-2011, 12:28 AM
I am so excited to have Christmas stuff out. Its such a happy time of year for me :santa1:

omgitzdestineex
10-25-2011, 12:30 AM
Wow, that's awesome! I can't put my tree up that early, because I get a real one. It would be dead by Christmas!:christmastree:

Same here. We always put ours up a few days after Thanksgiving (:

But you're very lucky you get to put yours up so early! I wish I could :p I hope you take some pictures so we can all see it :elf3:

Crazymike1965
10-25-2011, 01:45 AM
Less than 2 weeks for me as well :)

Shanniclause
10-25-2011, 02:15 AM
Less than 2 weeks for me as well :)

:familytree:

targetislove21
10-25-2011, 03:26 AM
three weeks for me

does everyone with an artificial tree end up loosing about 15% of the plastic every year from the tree? or is that just mine? I bought mine at macys 4 years ago and its alraedy about 50% thinner!

tinkerbell2
10-25-2011, 03:29 AM
three weeks for me

does everyone with an artificial tree end up loosing about 15% of the plastic every year from the tree? or is that just mine? I bought mine at macys 4 years ago and its alraedy about 50% thinner!

Nope, ours is having it's 11th Christmas and is still as full as ever...:elf1:

Shanniclause
10-25-2011, 03:34 AM
Nope, ours is having it's 11th Christmas and is still as full as ever...:elf1:

Yay! Tinkerbell is here! :elf3:

tinkerbell2
10-25-2011, 03:35 AM
Yay! Tinkerbell is here! :elf3:

Can't get rid of me.......:elf1:

How you doing? Pop over to the Hello thread and say hello....:waving:

Shanniclause
10-25-2011, 04:36 AM
three weeks for me

Mine seems good so far. This will be they third xmas with it. Last year it was as full as ever! Ill give you an update once I put it up this year :)

ornamentmaven
10-25-2011, 05:39 AM
I have never put anything Christmassy up before Thanksgiving. Thats because I always have company for Thanksgiving and want to give that holiday its due. This year I may put up my new white tree before Thanksgiving! It will be out of the way - in the den - so won't be on display!

purpleskies
10-26-2011, 04:40 AM
hello! im new to site/forum! but i wanted to say we are putting ours up early as well. november 12th they have a christmas parade in my city and we put our tree up that night :christmastree::christmastree: the kids love it

tinkerbell2
10-26-2011, 04:41 AM
hello! im new to site/forum! but i wanted to say we are putting ours up early as well. november 12th they have a christmas parade in my city and we put our tree up that night :christmastree::christmastree: the kids love it

Hello and :welcome: to the forum...:elf3:

MinnesotaMike
10-26-2011, 07:49 AM
I have never put anything Christmassy up before Thanksgiving. Thats because I always have company for Thanksgiving and want to give that holiday its due. This year I may put up my new white tree before Thanksgiving! It will be out of the way - in the den - so won't be on display!

I feel that way too. We always decorate the day after Thanksgiving. However, as my outdoor display grows, I've been doing a lot of the outdoor set-up right after Halloween to take advantage of the warmer temps. Nothing gets turned on until Thanksgiving night though.

ornamentmaven
10-26-2011, 09:32 PM
I feel that way too. We always decorate the day after Thanksgiving. However, as my outdoor display grows, I've been doing a lot of the outdoor set-up right after Halloween to take advantage of the warmer temps. Nothing gets turned on until Thanksgiving night though.

My shopping, cards, and some of the wrapping are all usually done before Thanksgiving. I mail gifts going out of the area on the Friday after Thanksgiving.

I start decorating the day after Thanksgiving now. When I was younger, I waited until after December 5th, but found that everything was so rushed then that I ended up feeling so stressed out. Many people decorate earlier now than they used to. Much more enjoyable. I try to stick to a decorating schedule. The day after Thanksgiving is dedicated to the outside lights (weather permitting); two days after Thanksgiving, the village goes up. The village set up is by far the most work and takes a good 8+ hours. Boxes that the houses come in serve as hills. These are then covered in snow blankets and I plan out where each house will be placed so I can run the lighting and hide it under the snow blankets. Then the houses are placed, followed by the accessories and people. Lastly, everything is dusted with "snow". So much work - but worth it!

Three days after Thanksgiving, I set up all the inside decorations - stockings; mistletoe; motionettes; nativity; my Santa, snowmen and nutcracker collections; inside lights; small trees; candles; etc. On the fourth day after, I set up my main tree, which also takes a long time - 4 to 6 hours depending upon the amount of help I get.

Then the next 5 or 6 days are spent baking cookies.

Can you tell I am getting excited?

Shanniclause
10-26-2011, 11:08 PM
My shopping, cards, and some of the wrapping are all usually done before Thanksgiving. I mail gifts going out of the area on the Friday after Thanksgiving.

I start decorating the day after Thanksgiving now. When I was younger, I waited until after December 5th, but found that everything was so rushed then that I ended up feeling so stressed out. Many people decorate earlier now than they used to. Much more enjoyable. I try to stick to a decorating schedule. The day after Thanksgiving is dedicated to the outside lights (weather permitting); two days after Thanksgiving, the village goes up. The village set up is by far the most work and takes a good 8+ hours. Boxes that the houses come in serve as hills. These are then covered in snow blankets and I plan out where each house will be placed so I can run the lighting and hide it under the snow blankets. Then the houses are placed, followed by the accessories and people. Lastly, everything is dusted with "snow". So much work - but worth it!

Three days after Thanksgiving, I set up all the inside decorations - stockings; mistletoe; motionettes; nativity; my Santa, snowmen and nutcracker collections; inside lights; small trees; candles; etc. On the fourth day after, I set up my main tree, which also takes a long time - 4 to 6 hours depending upon the amount of help I get.

Just reading these kinds of post gets me so excited for the best time of year!
:santa:

MinnesotaMike
10-27-2011, 08:27 AM

AWESOME Schedule!! :elf3:

omgitzdestineex
10-27-2011, 09:16 AM

That is an amazing list! It sounds like so much fun. Just reading about it makes me want to take out my decorations right now!

:gelf: