PDA

View Full Version : At what age did Santa stop coming?

Christmas_mama
10-12-2011, 06:27 PM
I was 18. It was my last Christmas at home before I moved in with my new husband :-)

What age were you when you got your last stocking / present off Santa?

Christmas_mama
10-18-2011, 06:20 PM
bump?

Papa_Christmas
10-18-2011, 07:06 PM
I was 18. It was my last Christmas at home before I moved in with my new husband :-)

I and my stocking are 53 today and they're still coming.:elf3:

Merry Christmas Darling
10-18-2011, 09:13 PM

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/Birthday/Chef_Smiley.gifhttp://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/Birthday/Birthday_Little_Mouse.gif

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/Birthday/Birthday_balloons.jpghttp://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/Birthday/Birthdays.jpg

Yay! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Papa Christmas!

Merry Christmas Darling
10-18-2011, 09:16 PM

It was last Christmas, but I'm not telling my age or who wore the Santa suit. :gelf:

Christmas_mama
10-18-2011, 09:50 PM

Happy birthday!

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m354/tatonkas_bucket/smilies/birth.gif

Papa_Christmas
10-18-2011, 10:00 PM
Thanks CM & MW

Mr. Christmas
10-18-2011, 11:56 PM
I was 9 when my old man told me hey Pat...just so you know sants is really me and your Ma.

SammieDsMom
10-19-2011, 12:05 AM
Samta is still coming!

omgitzdestineex
10-19-2011, 02:01 AM
Santa still comes to my house (; My mom labels some of the gifts as "from: Santa" for the fun of the holiday.

Merry Christmas Darling
10-19-2011, 05:25 AM

Did I misunderstand the question? I stopped believing in Santa at age four; I couldn't get to sleep and the words to the song were on my mind: "He SEES you when you're sleeping. He KNOWS when you're awake. He KNOWS if you've been bad or good. So be good for goodness sake." I was afraid my punishment for being awake would be no presents. Then I saw my parents bringing in the gifts.

olga
10-19-2011, 07:35 PM
Actually, he never came to my house..
Other traditions here, as, another Santa, a holly man, called Agios Vasileios, brings health and a good year to all, every 1st of January..

Merry Christmas Darling
10-19-2011, 07:52 PM
Actually, he never came to my house..
Other traditions here, as, another Santa, a holly man, called Agios Vasileios, brings health and a good year to all, every 1st of January..

You shouldn't have told us that! If Santa skipped your house, it's because you were naughty! Just kidding. :xmaswink:

olga
10-19-2011, 08:43 PM
If Santa skipped your house, it's because you were naughty! Just kidding. :xmaswink:

Haha.. Well, I guess, no gift from you, this year?? :santasmile:

michelmas
10-20-2011, 08:48 PM
My husband and I are in our 50's. Santa still comes, stockings still filled, deer still get a bale of hay and a mineral block every Christmas Eve.

Christmas_mama
10-20-2011, 08:53 PM
Did I misunderstand the question? I stopped believing in Santa at age four; I couldn't get to sleep and the words to the song were on my mind: "He SEES you when you're sleeping. He KNOWS when you're awake. He KNOWS if you've been bad or good. So be good for goodness sake." I was afraid my punishment for being awake would be no presents. Then I saw my parents bringing in the gifts.

No, no... I meant what age did you get your last gift / stocking from 'Santa'. Whether you believed in him or not was another matter. Even though I AM 'father Christmas' for my girls now, I still can't shake the tiny feeling inside me that I still believe on some level http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k199/tasha-cat-mad/Smileys/blush.gif I swear I still hear bells in the night on Christmas Eve! :home:

HollyJolly
10-20-2011, 09:49 PM
My husband and I are in our 50's. Santa still comes, stockings still filled, deer still get a bale of hay and a mineral block every Christmas Eve.

Love it! I am 32 and Santa still comes to see me and my parents! :santa1:

targetislove21
10-25-2011, 05:01 AM
Same as this person (well I'm 23 but close enough)

Shanniclause
10-26-2011, 01:29 AM

+1

:santa2:

CATZILLA
12-18-2011, 08:58 AM
He's been to see me the last 48 years :presents3:

Anaskingston2
12-20-2011, 07:52 PM
I was 11 years old when this truth come out... I was very disappointed :D

elga
07-13-2012, 04:15 PM
My niece was 12 years old and her mother was worried that she used still believing in Santa. But one day came to me and said: I know Santa doesn't exists, But if I will say this my parents will not give me the presents for Christmas any more

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

http://www.alacraft.com.au/

MinnesotaMike
07-13-2012, 10:45 PM
He came to my parents' house every year until my sister and I had families of our own. In fact, I had to specifically tell my mother to stop filling stockings because I want OUR kids to believe Santa does that at HOME...not at Grandma's house!!

SantaBaby12
07-19-2012, 09:33 AM

Amen!!! :santa2:

nalaing
08-06-2012, 06:11 PM
I never had any gifts from santa all my life, but I did received gifts from my love ones.

chsonnen
10-17-2012, 11:15 PM
Santa still delivers the goods! lol

Fezziwig
10-17-2012, 11:52 PM
I don't know what you guys are talking about. Santa has been bringing me and my family presents for as long as I can remember. -- sure -- maybe he brings the lions share of gifts to my nieces and son. Probably when I was about 18 he started getting me one or two 'big' gifts .. he doesn't forget about us old timers. Last Christmas Eve I caught a glance of him in our living room, I waved but he was too busy.

.. can you believe it? Snubbed by Santa (!!) I'll be sure to add my complaint to the letter I write him this year with my kid. :santa:

frostythesnowman
08-31-2013, 01:18 PM
santa still comes to my house...I BELIEVE!!!!!!!!

ornamentmaven
08-31-2013, 05:25 PM
Santa is the best!!!

christmasislove
09-01-2013, 02:10 PM
My brother and I are both married but Santa still visits my parents house every year for us!

frostythesnowman
09-02-2013, 08:02 PM
Santa is the best!!!

he sure is ornamentmaven..he has NEVER let me down..:home:

ReneBTurner
12-15-2014, 05:18 AM
My mom is 53. But still santa comes to my house. Don't think like that. It is a festival of joy and santa leaves no one alone and sad.

Merry Christmas Darling
12-16-2014, 12:44 AM
No, no... I meant what age did you get your last gift / stocking from 'Santa'. Whether you believed in him or not was another matter. Even though I AM 'father Christmas' for my girls now, I still can't shake the tiny feeling inside me that I still believe on some level http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k199/tasha-cat-mad/Smileys/blush.gif I swear I still hear bells in the night on Christmas Eve! :home:

I don't remember. My mother didn't really care that much about Santa. She took credit for the gifts we received. That let Santa off the hook because we were poor and I don't think he should discriminate against poor children. Suppose Santa gave the kid next door a really expensive gift and all you got was a novel and some slippers? After awhile you'd just stop writing letters to Santa, because no matter how good you were, he'd always give other children better gifts.

ornamentmaven
12-17-2014, 03:09 PM
I don't remember. My mother didn't really care that much about Santa. She took credit for the gifts we received. That let Santa off the hook because we were poor and I don't think he should discriminate against poor children. Suppose Santa gave the kid next door a really expensive gift and all you got was a novel and some slippers? After awhile you'd just stop writing letters to Santa, because no matter how good you were, he'd always give other children better gifts.

That is the one thing about Santa that has always bothered me. ...and that is the very reason why it is better for a child to stop believing at a very young age - such as 7. At that point they are too young to really compare the value of their gifts with other children's. Plus, after age 7 they are likely to get picked on by other kids if they still believe. My sister-in-law was 12 when she stopped believing - I don't know how she got away with that! I was 5 when an older kid told me, but I still believed until I was 7. I remember being in 4th grade and a teacher asking the class " Who still believes in Santa". A couple kids raised their hands - but boy were they teased by the rest of the class. That was a horrible question for a teacher to ask!:santa2:

wstaple
12-17-2014, 03:35 PM
Santa still comes to our house every year, even though our daughters are now 24 and 19. Plus, this year Santa gets to come for our new son-in-law!

I've always loved being the "Santa" who shops for our girls, buying the gift and then watching them open in on Christmas morning. But this year I got to buy for my son-in-law, and it was a new experience. No matter how old "boys" get, they still want some kind of toy. Buying grown-up toys for him was a lot of fun!

Sofarris
12-18-2014, 03:24 PM
My parents always told us that Santa wasn't real, but I don't see the harm in letting my children believe :).
It's all part of the magic that is Christmas :D

Santa57
12-20-2014, 08:19 PM
Well, according to what my parents have said, we didn't have a lot of money when I was a little kid, but I never noticed it. Wasn't so much the price of a present that mattered to me, even then.

As for Santa? I never stopped believing. Hope I never do! To quote Fred Gailey in Miracle on 34th Street, "Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to".

So what if you don't get the most expensive toy? The love that comes with it is priceless. I think most kids know that, no matter the age. :)

And to answer the original question, so far he's been to my house for 56 years. I have no reason to assume he'll skip this one, though I wish he'd get the reindeer to stop stomping on my roof. It's metal, and sounds like ...well, like a bunch of reindeer on a metal roof!

josephineperry
05-13-2015, 12:04 PM
I was 12....I know, too young, wasn't very happy to find out.... :elf2:

Santa57
05-13-2015, 04:11 PM
I was 12....I know, too young, wasn't very happy to find out.... :elf2:

I'm gonna send him to your house this Christmass, and let the reindeer hooves on the roof keep somebody else awake, for a change. :)
:waving:

MinnesotaMike
05-13-2015, 07:36 PM
My son turns 9 in October. I'm wondering if we shouldn't have "the talk". I've been wrestling with this for a few months now. I kinda feel like we got away with one this past Christmas.

ornamentmaven
05-19-2015, 04:54 PM
I'd say- let him come to you with questions. These questions may just pop up right after Christmas!

MinnesotaMike
05-20-2015, 06:49 PM
Yeah...probably the best way to go.

Penny Berry
06-16-2015, 08:55 AM
He still comes and now my little girl is old enough to understand bout the big guy he is going to be even more jolly :elf3:

Eric Brown
09-24-2015, 09:27 AM
Santa still comes to my house :waving:

Sheridan
12-05-2015, 05:34 AM
Stopped believing at around 8, but we still got presents, we just knew they came from mum and dad.

Are there really people out there that stop buying their kids presents once they don't believe in Santa?

ornamentmaven
12-05-2015, 03:52 PM
Stopped believing at around 8, but we still got presents, we just knew they came from mum and dad.

Are there really people out there that stop buying their kids presents once they don't believe in Santa?

No - of course not. Just like you - presents come from Mom and Dad

JollyElfDC
12-06-2015, 02:49 PM
Even after we were all knew, we still got presents from Santa that didn't show up under the tree until Christmas morning.

Mistletoe
12-07-2015, 03:20 AM
My son turns 9 in October. I'm wondering if we shouldn't have "the talk". I've been wrestling with this for a few months now. I kinda feel like we got away with one this past Christmas.

Ohhh! So depressing!

I can't believe he'll be 9 already!

Mistletoe
12-07-2015, 03:22 AM
Even after we were all knew, we still got presents from Santa that didn't show up under the tree until Christmas morning.

Us, too! :elf3:

chocolatechip1979
05-26-2016, 10:56 PM
as long as we don't end up on the naughty list, Santa will always be strong in our hearts.. He is real to all those who believe. :santa1:

Fluffysnow
10-17-2016, 09:39 AM
Not yet moved out so at 20 Santa still visits, I think he will only stop coming for me when I have children because when I move out I'll probably still get gifts left under the tree at my parents house

ornamentmaven
10-18-2016, 06:58 PM
Not yet moved out so at 20 Santa still visits, I think he will only stop coming for me when I have children because when I move out I'll probably still get gifts left under the tree at my parents house

Santa came for me at my parent's house until I married at 23. My little sister is 13 years younger than me, so it was all part the Santa tradition to keep her believing!

Fluffysnow
11-01-2016, 12:11 PM
I'm the youngest "child" so it's not as if they're keeping the magic alive for any youngsters, they're just very generous and like giving gifts so that's why I think that Santa will always come for me until either myself or my brother has kids because then they will have kids to spoil and make it magical for them.

christmasfreakadeaky
11-30-2016, 11:18 AM
he never stops

Santarino
12-12-2016, 09:23 AM
It was about 6 for me. My dad wrapped Santa's presents in the same wrapping paper as his, so I figured they were one and the same. Didn't spoil Christmas though. It was still a magical time.

ornamentmaven
12-12-2016, 05:24 PM
It was about 6 for me. My dad wrapped Santa's presents in the same wrapping paper as his, so I figured they were one and the same. Didn't spoil Christmas though. It was still a magical time.

Oh yes. I was always on my toes about this with my kids. Every year I would buy special Santa wrapping paper and tags!

stampedbysanta
12-14-2016, 11:50 PM
Santa will come to your house this year, you must believe :santa2:

Mistletoe
12-20-2016, 01:24 AM
Oh yes. I was always on my toes about this with my kids. Every year I would buy special Santa wrapping paper and tags!

My Mom, too! And she wrote in different handwriting on the tags. Kids are very observant. :presents2:

Mistletoe
12-20-2016, 01:32 AM
I remember sitting with a gift in my hands thinking, no matter what's in this package, I'm touching something that was wrapped by elves up in the North Pole! :love:

ornamentmaven
12-20-2016, 03:10 AM
My Mom, too! And she wrote in different handwriting on the tags. Kids are very observant. :presents2:

Oh yes - I always printed his gift tags in block letters!

Shanniclause
08-07-2017, 08:04 PM
My boy is 8, and still a full throttle believer, but I am preparing for that dreadful moment when he stops! Any advice on what to tell him when that day comes? He may not believe then, but I need a good speech to keep the spirit alive!

pol.bishop25
09-13-2017, 07:58 AM
I remember when a kid several years older than me told me there was no Santa. I was very disappointed, but got over it eventually. I kinda suspected something was off when one time I snuck up on my dad and he was the one leaving the presents under the Christmas tree. :D

Bishop1954
03-06-2018, 03:02 PM
He still does... :santa2: