10. Red, lime green and turquoise

11. Red, lime green, turquoise and silver

12. Turquoise and lime

13. Champagne and bronze

14. Purple and Turquoise

:home:

Christmas_mama
10-11-2011, 09:14 PM
Red, green and gold - My tree growing up was always multicoloured but with predominantly red, green and gold. I think this colour theme looks really festive and traditional :santa-smiley:

All silver - My tree last year was mostly silver and white (but with multi-coloured lights). I really like the elegence and winter-wonderlandy look of silver trees.

Champagne and bronze - I think silver and bronze trees look really sophisticated and might do one myself in future years :tree:

tinkerbell2
10-11-2011, 09:42 PM
I have four trees and the colours are..

Landing is Green, Gold and Red.

Hallway is Autumnal Colours

Kitchen is multi-coloured

Living room is White and Glass..

Christmas_mama
10-11-2011, 11:30 PM
I have four trees and the colours are..

Landing is Green, Gold and Red.

Hallway is Autumnal Colours

Kitchen is multi-coloured

Living room is White and Glass..

They all sound wonderful! Do you have pictures of them on here?

tinkerbell2
10-11-2011, 11:45 PM
They all sound wonderful! Do you have pictures of them on here?

I think there is some in my 'Albums' but if not I can soon put a photo on...:elf1:

MinnesotaMike
10-12-2011, 02:01 AM
I'd go with 1 & 2.

ornamentmaven
10-12-2011, 03:06 AM
I would love a small purple and turquios tree (white tree)- maybe in the den. My main tree is all different colors

Merry Christmas Darling
10-12-2011, 03:59 AM
I'm thinking of doing my main tree in mostly gold this year. The tree is still on backorder; I got a postcard today.

The second tree will definitely be blue and silver.

The toy-themed tree won't be color-themed. :treedance:

The guest room tree will have it's usual old Shiny Brite ornaments. :christmastree:

TheWire
10-12-2011, 05:05 PM
I absolutely hate the silver trees or the gold trees AND especially the pink trees.

Seriously... Anything to make money.

Christmas_mama
10-12-2011, 06:30 PM
I absolutely hate the silver trees or the gold trees AND especially the pink trees.

I think people mean silver and gold theme - like the ornaments on it, tinsel etc. The tree itself is always green in my house :treedance:

TheWire
10-12-2011, 07:45 PM
Ah, I thought we were talking about those silver and gold trees you can buy from those ostentatiously-ridden shops.

But, if it is just tinsels, then Gold and Silver FTW, most definitely.

Merry Christmas Darling
10-14-2011, 08:09 AM

I think pink trees are fantastic for little girls. Several years ago I got one for my granddaughter. She decorated it with candy ornaments.

And my grandmother had one of those silver trees with the color wheel. I admit I wasn't overly fond of it.

Sheena0709
10-16-2011, 01:33 PM
We use red white and blue as our theme!

Merry Christmas Darling
10-16-2011, 06:08 PM
We use red white and blue as our theme!

Is it patriotic? Do you have family members in the military?

Sheena0709
10-16-2011, 11:23 PM
Yes. My tree is very patriotic. I do not have any family members in the military. We just love red, white and blue!. I tried posting a picture, but I am not sure how to do it. I would pull it off my computer but it wants a url?

Merry Christmas Darling
10-17-2011, 03:49 AM
Yes. My tree is very patriotic. I do not have any family members in the military. We just love red, white and blue!. I tried posting a picture, but I am not sure how to do it. I would pull it off my computer but it wants a url?

I know very little about computers so I'm not the one to ask. However, I joined photobucket (free) and it assigns a url to each photo. Once you become a member, photobucket lets you upload photos from your computer to their site. You have the option of making your album(s) private or public. You click on "album options" whenever you want to load a photo from your computer. I wish I could show how easy it is. It even puts [IMG] before and after the url and that makes the image appear on this site if you copy and paste.

Sheena0709
10-17-2011, 04:08 AM
I know very little about computers so I'm not the one to ask. However, I joined photobucket (free) and it assigns a url to each photo. Once you become a member, photobucket lets you upload photos from your computer to their site. You have the option of making your album(s) private or public. You click on "album options" whenever you want to load a photo from your computer. I wish I could show how easy it is. It even puts [IMG] before and after the url and that makes the image appear on this site if you copy and paste.

Thank you!... I will have to add my christmas tree photos so you can see what it looks like!

ChristmasFairy
10-25-2011, 09:40 PM
I grew up with the traditional red/green/gold and luv the warmth of those colours. However, the past years I've shifted to silver.

But hey who knows I might just revert to those traditional colours or some other ...all depends on how I feel I guess:elf2:

purpleskies
10-26-2011, 04:47 AM
each year we pick a different theme for the tree. last year i picked red green gold thats my favorite but this year my son picked multi colored so it will be all different colors.

Merry Christmas Darling
10-26-2011, 06:58 AM
each year we pick a different theme for the tree. last year i picked red green gold thats my favorite but this year my son picked multi colored so it will be all different colors.

I like both color themes, and I've done both.

BTW,
http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/Welcome/Welcome-5.gif

MinnesotaMike
10-26-2011, 07:53 AM
Honestly...even if a Christmas tree is comprised of colors I would never choose...it's STILL a beautiful sight!!

ornamentmaven
10-26-2011, 09:05 PM
Well every year my main tree is done in the same fashion. Clear lights, white garland, white angel topper and silver strands of beads. The ornaments are anything and eveything - in all colors- and range from antiques, collectables, souvenirs, sets, handmade, etc. - about 1000 in all! The white lights really emphasize my ornaments!

This year I am adding a white tabletop tree. It is pre-lit with clear lights, but I am also adding purple lights to the trunk. I've also purchased very inexpensive glittery purple star and drop ornaments as well as some purple glass balls. The rest of the tree will be decorated with The Hallmark Madame Alexander doll ornaments. I have all of them, 3 different series, about 28(?) dolls in all. I will also use silver bead strands. I am still debating the topper. I have a small collection of actual Madame Alexander dolls, so I may use one as the topper!

Several years back, I had another white tabletop tree that I decorated in blue - blue poinsettia sprigs, blue finial topper, metallic blue strands of beads, and small blue ornaments. I cannot find this tree anywhere. I think it got accidentally thrown out.

My daughters each have small 18" trees for their bedrooms that they decorate with mini ornaments.

ChristmasFairy
10-27-2011, 10:07 AM
Sounds wonderful Ornamentmaven ...... :elf2:

I used to try to do a different theme each year (both colour and subject)...

Merry Christmas Darling
10-27-2011, 12:17 PM
Well every year my main tree is done in the same fashion. Clear lights, white garland, white angel topper and silver strands of beads. The ornaments are anything and eveything - in all colors- and range from antiques, collectables, souvenirs, sets, handmade, etc. - about 1000 in all! The white lights really emphasize my ornaments!

Can you tell us how tall this tree is? Do you live in a large house?

ornamentmaven
10-27-2011, 10:08 PM
Can you tell us how tall this tree is? Do you live in a large house?

My tree is only 7.5 feet tall and is relatively slender at that! It is extremely overloaded with ornaments. I do decorate all sides of the tree - even those that can't readily be seen. When I used to have a real tree it was always much fuller and taller - about ten feet. I have a cathedral ceiling and we would always set it up at the highest point in the room. My house is actually quite small! I prefer the artificial trees because the branches are stronger and hold heavier ornaments without slipping. This year I am moving a number of ornaments to the other trees. I may also scale back a bit on the ornaments, but can't imagine not putting them all up! Hence the name - ornamentmaven

Merry Christmas Darling
10-28-2011, 04:59 AM
My tree is only 7.5 feet tall and is relatively slender at that! It is extremely overloaded with ornaments. I do decorate all sides of the tree - even those that can't readily be seen. When I used to have a real tree it was always much fuller and taller - about ten feet. I have a cathedral ceiling and we would always set it up at the highest point in the room. My house is actually quite small! I prefer the artificial trees because the branches are stronger and hold heavier ornaments without slipping. This year I am moving a number of ornaments to the other trees. I may also scale back a bit on the ornaments, but can't imagine not putting them all up! Hence the name - ornamentmaven

Oh, those cathedral ceilings are beautiful! I only had my 7.5 tree for three years.