PDA

View Full Version : do you guys know eco Christmas gifts?

tracy6413
10-08-2011, 05:49 PM
Christmas is a time for celebration. A fun time with family and friends where enjoy good food, good company and lots of presents. But along with this comes a pretty heavy carbon footprint.Christmas, and gift giving in particular, has the potential to be the least environmentally-friendly time of year. How many Christmas gifts have your received or even given which have been unwanted, thrown away or stored in the bottom of the wardrobe? Do you have exclusive Christmas Gift Ideas for a splendid celebration?

Choosing a ‘green' Christmas gift is one of the easiest things you can to do to reduce your carbon footprint. Of course, the greenest Christmas gift is the one not given. But giving is one of the great joys of Christmas. We all love the feeling of making family and friends feel loved and appreciated. You don't need to give that up to have a greener Christmas. By making a few small changes you can give the environment a happy Christmas too!

HoliSanta
11-03-2011, 01:55 AM
Christmas is a time for celebration. A fun time with family and friends where enjoy good food, good company and lots of presents. But along with this comes a pretty heavy carbon footprint.Christmas, and gift giving in particular, has the potential to be the least environmentally-friendly time of year. How many Christmas gifts have your received or even given which have been unwanted, thrown away or stored in the bottom of the wardrobe? Do you have exclusive Christmas Gift Ideas for a splendid celebration?

Choosing a ‘green' Christmas gift is one of the easiest things you can to do to reduce your carbon footprint. Of course, the greenest Christmas gift is the one not given. But giving is one of the great joys of Christmas. We all love the feeling of making family and friends feel loved and appreciated. You don't need to give that up to have a greener Christmas. By making a few small changes you can give the environment a happy Christmas too!

Green Christmas gifts
I make eco Christmas gifts that are made from deferent kinds of wood (mainly from my garden!). they are beautiful, unique, not expensive and original. You can check them out here
http://www.etsy.com/shop/JerusalemBliss?section_id=10636611

:christmastree: merry christmas!!
HoliSanta

mina553
11-07-2011, 12:44 PM
so tell me tracey what r some of your soulations 4 a greener christmas i really find it such a waste of paper each christmas & so much of it what can be done about this

Not Long Until Christmas
11-07-2011, 10:34 PM
I use Christmas cards from the year before as gift tags. The off-cut card goes out for recycling.

ornamentmaven
11-08-2011, 02:21 AM
I use Christmas cards from the year before as gift tags. The off-cut card goes out for recycling.

We always did this at home when we were kids!

mina553
11-08-2011, 09:02 AM
thats a really cool idear i must try but do U have any idears 4 all that wrapping paper ?

ronjohnson88
11-09-2011, 02:33 AM
I have actually found a ton of green Christmas gifts myself. One of the best would have to be the new Kindle Fire.

baumgar
11-09-2011, 02:34 AM
Well, my first time hear...

ronjohnson88
11-09-2011, 02:49 AM
Good to have you!

UGD
11-09-2011, 08:09 AM
Hi - this year a new eco-friendly compound used to make home decor items was introduced. It took 6 years to develop it and it has numerous environmental benefits. I haven't posted enough here to be able to give you a link but if you google this phrase: "CompoClay eco friendly decor eco friendly gifts" a little way down there should be a link to a store called uniquegiftsanddecor. Please check it out as we are really pleased to offer this line.

mina553
11-09-2011, 04:40 PM
thx 4 the info will check it out

jessicayy
11-09-2011, 06:13 PM
i made Christmas cards to my friends:tree1:

mina553
11-10-2011, 08:15 AM
There are a few things we, as environmentally-aware individuals can do to reduce this problem such as:

When you receive a wrapped present, remove the paper very carefully and save it for another celebration.

Pages from an old calendar will cover a package with beautiful, shiny images.

For a nostalgic colorful touch, wrap presents in newspaper comic strips.

Use tissue paper from a previous purchase or fabric remnants to add a personal touch.

After wrapping a gift with a brown paper bag or butcher's paper, let the kids have some fun decorating it with paint, stamps, crayons and markers.

If we all choose just one alternative to wrapping paper this Christmas, our good Earth will be merry too.

mina553
11-20-2011, 10:44 AM
Going green takes simple smarts and small steps. Follow my three Rs—refurbish, repaint and recycle—to be a stylish and eco-friendly home designer. By reusing old furniture, frames, artwork and more, you're making your own small contribution to saving our planet.

MockingBird
11-21-2011, 09:29 PM
Eco Christmas gifts on this season of Christmas is seem to be a nice idea as it is new in the market and everyone have desire to get updated gifts on the Christmas. These gifts become popular among women and children very easily.

mina553
11-21-2011, 09:54 PM
yeah i have been look @ some 4 my uncle there R a lot 2 chose from

shore makes scents
11-27-2011, 07:56 AM
I made the switch a few years ago to go from paraffin candles to 100% Soy wax candles. If you are not familiar with the difference between the two, please read all about it at my shop store. Click "Shore Makes Scents?" and I explain in detail the differences and why you'll never want to buy another paraffin candle again.

www.shoremakesscents.com