PDA

View Full Version : Indoor Lights

Merry Christmas Darling
10-02-2011, 12:06 PM
I use clear mini lights on all of my indoor trees. What do you use?

Have you seen those wonderful remote control candles? I wish I had some.

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/Christmas%20Graphics/big_christmas_candle.png

ornamentmaven
10-02-2011, 09:15 PM
I use clear mini lights on all my trees as well. I used solid colors and multi color lights outside

MinnesotaMike
10-02-2011, 10:48 PM
I absolutely do NOT use clear minis. On the tree, I use a combination of multi-color minis, multi-color C7's and multi-color C7 LEDs All of them twinkle, except the LEDs. I also use a star shaped tree topper with multi-color minis. I respect what you do with clear lights...I have just loved the variety of colors since I was a boy.

ornamentmaven
10-03-2011, 06:17 AM
I absolutely do NOT use clear minis. On the tree, I use a combination of multi-color minis, multi-color C7's and multi-color C7 LEDs All of them twinkle, except the LEDs. I also use a star shaped tree topper with multi-color minis. I respect what you do with clear lights...I have just loved the variety of colors since I was a boy.

Mike, I understand your love of the multi-color lights. That is what I grew up with as well. I swore by them for many years (until I was about 45) and then wanted some lighting that would highlight my intense ornament collection- and white/clear lighting is the best for that - so I switched!

MinnesotaMike
10-03-2011, 07:39 AM
Mike, I understand your love of the multi-color lights. That is what I grew up with as well. I swore by them for many years (until I was about 45) and then wanted some lighting that would highlight my intense ornament collection- and white/clear lighting is the best for that - so I switched!

Yeah...I suspect the ornaments would be a huge factor in the decision. I have an absolute hodgepodge of ornaments. No rhyme or reason. I guess I rely on the lights to make the tree look better. HA!!

SammieDsMom
10-03-2011, 10:13 PM
I always use colored on the tree. I use a combination of both on the outside. :tree1: I LOVE both!

ornamentmaven
10-04-2011, 01:29 AM
Yeah...I suspect the ornaments would be a huge factor in the decision. I have an absolute hodgepodge of ornaments. No rhyme or reason. I guess I rely on the lights to make the tree look better. HA!!

I have alittle bit of eveything in my ornament collection as well. I'm not a theme/single color type of person. But each of my ornaments has it's own"personality" and history. I must put about a 1000 on my tree. Now that's alot of personality!

MinnesotaMike
10-04-2011, 04:10 AM
We've got about 1 more year where we need to abstain from putting ornaments down low where Levi can grab them. I'm optimistic that by next year, we will be back to actually decorating the WHOLE tree!!

ornamentmaven
10-04-2011, 01:07 PM
I remember the days of only unbreakable ornaments on the bottom of the tree!

JollyElfDC
10-10-2011, 12:57 AM
I used to love the clear lights, but when I started doing my own tree nostalgia set in and I went for the multi colored lights. I think the clear are more elegant, but the multi-colored just made me feel more Christmassy.

Merry Christmas Darling
10-11-2011, 08:05 AM
I used to love the clear lights, but when I started doing my own tree nostalgia set in and I went for the multi colored lights. I think the clear are more elegant, but the multi-colored just made me feel more Christmassy.

When I was growing up, my mother and my mother-in-law used C7 multicolor lights. Do you use mini multicolor lights? I'm thinking that people born in the seventies probably grew up those.

JollyElfDC
10-11-2011, 08:21 AM
Yep, those are what I use. I do like the rather large retro lights they used in the 50's and 60's, but they don't really go with my tree. They also weren't selling the retro lights when I started doing my tree, but I do remember my parents still having a string or two when I was growing up.

ornamentmaven
10-11-2011, 10:17 AM
My parents used the large multi -color lights pf the 50's/60's