PDA

View Full Version : DO you send out thank yous after the holidays?

onemagicalchristmas
11-02-2008, 06:17 PM
I haven't in the past but starting this year I am going to send out thanks to everybody who comes to share my holidays and for the gifts I receive. It shows gratitude and manners. How does everyone else feel about this topic?

txsnowgirl
11-02-2008, 11:01 PM
There are too many in family, so, we do a white elephant each year. I never thought about it before though. How rude I have been! I think it's a warm and caring thing to do.

PumpkinJack81
11-03-2008, 03:34 AM
My wife does, so I get included in the thank you's when she writes her family...She was made to do this when she was young or else she wouldn't receive a gift the next year. I think that part of it is ridiculous, but think it is niceto do out of the kindness of your heart and gratitude for what you receive.

onemagicalchristmas
11-04-2008, 11:09 PM
I agree! It is nice to recieive thanks from friends and family. No one in my family sends out thank yous but I am starting to. Maybe it will catch on!

PumpkinJack81
11-05-2008, 12:24 PM
You'll have to let us know how it goes. ;)

onemagicalchristmas
11-08-2008, 01:53 AM
where is a inexpensive place to buy nice thank you cards. I figure I will need 15 or so. I am not that picky.

PumpkinJack81
11-08-2008, 03:51 AM
Probably Target or WalMart...They usually have various packs that are rather inexpensive. Try going after Christmas to stock up on thank you cards for next year...That way you get them at 50-75% off! ;)

onemagicalchristmas
11-08-2008, 04:45 AM
I will I also want to get money cards for next year. I know they have them after christmas to !

EmmaKay
11-15-2008, 09:33 PM
You can try a local arts and craft market. That way they will be handmade if you want that. Markets are funny though, sometimes things are incredibly cheap, other times they are more expensive. Or if you have kids you can get them to make some using potato stamps or stickers or gluing on Christmas ribbons. Or make up something nice on the computer - I use publisher and I can design them however I want if I'm in a creative mood, or you can use one of their already designed formats.

michelle3
11-20-2008, 02:12 PM
where is a inexpensive place to buy nice thank you cards. I figure I will need 15 or so. I am not that picky.

I've gotten in the past some nice thank you cards from the $ stores. You might want to look there if you have one by you.

onemagicalchristmas
11-20-2008, 11:21 PM
thanks I will check out the dollar tree and dollar general for thank you cards. If all else fails I will purchase more ink in my printer and make my own!:christmastree:

jeffkaffen
11-27-2008, 09:41 PM
The Post Office is having a hard time past couple years, I don't think it's a bad idea to send out Thank Yous. Course to really help the post office I wish they would charge 3 times what they do for junk mail and weed some of it out!

sahm629
12-03-2008, 09:56 PM
I try to.... I still need to write baby thank-you's for my...........4 MONTH OLD. I should be doing that now instead of being online, lol.

steph535
12-04-2008, 02:58 AM
The Post Office is having a hard time past couple years, I don't think it's a bad idea to send out Thank Yous. Course to really help the post office I wish they would charge 3 times what they do for junk mail and weed some of it out!

Actually, third class and bulk mail are the postal service's bread and butter. I know, I worked there for six years. And a clerk in our office read and answered each Dear Santa letter, as long as we could figure out the address of the child. But yeah, I wish they would weed out the junk mail, too. I would venture to say that most of us don't like getting it in our mail boxes.

onemagicalchristmas
12-04-2008, 03:38 AM
that would really be nice for the child. I watch Santa who? tonight and I thought it would be nice for my greats to send santa a thank you note after christmas. I plan on talking to them and letting them know santa likes getting the appreciation from the boys and girls around the world!:santa1: