PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Mike's Crazy for Christmas 2011

Pages : [1] 2

Crazymike1965
09-22-2011, 12:46 AM
Hello dear friends from all over the world and thank you for visiting my Christmas thread for 2011. I think that it has been about 4 years for me on the All Things Christmas forum and the mods have not kicked me out yet :) For the last month or so I have been writing down some of the ideas that I have floating around in my mind ( or what is left of it) The first item that I will deal with will be the outdoor lights on the upper gables. They should be up before the end of October. I cannot do any more outdoor as I have Halloween decorations to set up shortly so it would look a little strange lol. Once Halloween is over I will start on the set up of the big tree. Here in North America, Canada and the US celebrate Thanksgiving however Canadian Thanksgiving is in October and which is why I am able to start setting up the first week of November.

My wife keeps yelling at me when I mention Christmas at this time of the year. She reminds me that I need to focus on getting the house set up for Halloween. What makes it even harder is when several stores that I shop at for decorations start in late September.

I have more detailed work to do this year on the big tree and what I am going to attempt to do is going to push me to my decorating limits. There are going to be a lot more lights, more ornaments, and a tree topper if I am able to figure out how I can safely put it on the top of the tree and anchoring without falling 15 feet :) I just hope my back holds up as I have been having issues with my sciatica throughout the year.

I also have to figure out what I am going to do with the 8.5 foot tree that I used to use as my crystal tree when I was living in the apartment. It sat undecorated in my basement last year. I have been thinking of changing the red theme tree ( which has been a 4 foot tree up to now ) to the 7.5 ft tree that I have used in the past for the purple theme )

We live in very troubled times and my hope is that through my Christmas decorating I can put a smile on your face. It is going to be a crazy few months !!!

Sincerely yours,

Mike

Merry Christmas Darling
09-22-2011, 01:36 AM
:elf3: Just knowing you have a passion for Christmas puts a smile on my face!

I understand about your back and I hope all goes well for you this decorating season.

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/Christmas%20Trees/Christmas%20Dividers/ChristmasGlitter.gifhttp://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/Christmas%20Trees/Christmas%20Dividers/ChristmasGlitter.gif

tinkerbell2
09-22-2011, 04:44 AM
So looking forward to your thread and pictures, Mike...:elf3:

It's the highlight of the year....:elf1:

:christmastree::christmastree::christmastree:

SilverBells
09-22-2011, 05:21 AM
I'm smiling already Mike :) I'm anxious for the first photos. But take it easy with your back :my lord: my friend.

:merrychristmas:

MinnesotaMike
09-22-2011, 07:38 AM
Aw quit yer whining and get decorating.

ornamentmaven
09-22-2011, 10:55 AM
Can't wait to see it all Mike! I have had sciatica issues as well this year - so take it slow!

ChantelleJoy
09-22-2011, 11:52 AM
Mike.. I have to admit (and I think everyone on the board would say the same) that Christmas just isn't Christmas without this thread! We would never kick you off! And hopefully this year I might be able to actually pop by your house to see the GIANT TREE! :D

:christmastree:

Moley
09-22-2011, 05:21 PM
Please, when your display is up, youtube it for all of us.

Christmas_mama
09-22-2011, 06:35 PM
Ohh I'm excited about this thread!! Christmas is coming! :yahoo: I can't wait to see the pictures. Take it easy, though - We don't want you doing any damage to yourself!

*Snowflake*
09-22-2011, 08:09 PM
I'm really looking forward for the first photos:elf3:
I know it will be amazing like every year:tree1:

MinnesotaMike
09-22-2011, 10:45 PM
Sheesh...I guess everyone's excited to see Mike's tree.

ChantelleJoy
09-22-2011, 11:48 PM
Sheesh...I guess everyone's excited to see Mike's tree.

Oh Mike, don't be such a sour puss :P

Don't you remember, last year, how pretty it was (http://www.allthingschristmas.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40852&postcount=95)?!?!
Besides, it's an ATC Forum Tradition :elf1:

I'm probably safe in saying it's practically ATC's Official Christmas Tree. :christmastree:
(at least, the Largest!)

Cheer Up! :dizzy:

SnowAngel
09-23-2011, 10:15 PM
I was wondering when CrazyMike was going to update us! Looking forward to seeing pics - good luck with your back, take it slow! Oh btw, I've changed my name from Kris Kringle :)

Crazymike1965
09-29-2011, 10:59 PM
Thanks for all of the nice comments everyone :)

I am on vacation from Nov 7th to Nov 11th and I will be dedicating the time to setting up the tree. If my memory serves me correctly it took me 40 hours or so last year to complete the 5000 lights. My wife says I am insane. I have not told her that I am adding another 1500 - 2000 lights. Quite frankly she will not notice until the tree is finished. What she does not know will not hurt me....unless she reads this post :)

SilverBells
09-29-2011, 11:27 PM
Thanks for all of the nice comments everyone :)

I am on vacation from Nov 7th to Nov 11th and I will be dedicating the time to setting up the tree. If my memory serves me correctly it took me 40 hours or so last year to complete the 5000 lights. My wife says I am insane. I have not told her that I am adding another 1500 - 2000 lights. Quite frankly she will not notice until the tree is finished. What she does not know will not hurt me....unless she reads this post :)

We won't tell :elf1:

Mr. Christmas
10-04-2011, 10:32 PM
I love your post my wife thinks Im nuts we listen to Christmas cd's in the car all year.lol until 1 day when our 1 and a half year old was freaking out in the back seat screaming, I put on the Cd, and just like that no more crying..lol now she doesnt say a thing when its on, the stores near me already have Christmas stuff out...I Love it!:santa1:

Crazymike1965
10-07-2011, 03:17 AM
I forgot to mention this in my first post but I just wanted to say that I am sorry if I am coming across as some sort of a egotisical freak in regards to my trees. It is not my intention and I am not in competition with anyone or any of my neighbours.

As a kid my parents always put up a traditional multi coloured tree. Due to health issues my parents have not been able to visit me in over 12 years and have never seen any of my trees in person. Jeannette's mother who lives in London also has health issues and is unable to fly. Christmas can be a very sad and lonely time for us when we see our neighbours with their families visiting for the holidays knowing that our own parents cannot. Hopefully in the years to come we will have children and be able to fill the empty void that we have inside of us.

This is another reason why I am driven to decorate in my no holds barred, no expense spared nature of mine. I am going to attempt to try and get some of my parents ornaments and create a tree like a had when I was a kid. That is going to take some work as I do not know if my dad wil be willing to give me any ornaments. He has not put up the tree since my mother was hurt in the accident.

On a less sombre and much happier note I just picked up my first ornament for the season. It is a Swarowski 2011 snowflake. I will post a picture of it later on today.

Christmas_mama
10-07-2011, 03:30 AM
I forgot to mention this in my first post but I just wanted to say that I am sorry if I am coming across as some sort of a egotisical freak in regards to my trees. It is not my intention and I am not in competition with anyone or any of my neighbours.

As a kid my parents always put up a traditional multi coloured tree. Due to health issues my parents have not been able to visit me in over 12 years and have never seen any of my trees in person. Jeannette's mother who lives in London also has health issues and is unable to fly. Christmas can be a very sad and lonely time for us when we see our neighbours with their families visiting for the holidays knowing that our own parents cannot. Hopefully in the years to come we will have children and be able to fill the empty void that we have inside of us.

This is another reason why I am driven to decorate in my no holds barred, no expense spared nature of mine. I am going to attempt to try and get some of my parents ornaments and create a tree like a had when I was a kid. That is going to take some work as I do not know if my dad wil be willing to give me any ornaments. He has not put up the tree since my mother was hurt in the accident.

On a less sombre and much happier note I just picked up my first ornament for the season. It is a Swarowski 2011 snowflake. I will post a picture of it later on today.

Don't worry, you don't come across as egotistical or competative or anything like that http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/gruvygirl1/hugs.gif For me personally the thought never even entered my head for a second.

I love Christmas and love seeing other people's decorations especially when they are as pretty as yours. I appreciate you sharing your photos with us - they really bring some more Christmas spirit to the place and bring a smile to my face! I'm pretty sure I speak for the majority, if not all, of us here when I say we know you aren't showing off or trying to compete / steal limelight / put other people's decorations down, but just like sharing the magic and beauty of your trees with us.

Christmas is not about competition or bitterness, it's a time for sharing and loving. Personally I love that you share your pictures with us :smitten:

Papa_Christmas
10-07-2011, 03:32 AM

Dude don't even think it.

Everybody here loves your handy work.

What ever your driving force we are just glad you share the outcome with your fellow Christmas Junkies:elf3:

*Snowflake*
10-07-2011, 03:34 AM
Don't worry, you don't come across as egotistical or competative or anything like that http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/gruvygirl1/hugs.gif For me personally the thought never even entered my head for a second.

I love Christmas and love seeing other people's decorations especially when they are as pretty as yours. I appreciate you sharing your photos with us - they really bring some more Christmas spirit to the place and bring a smile to my face! I'm pretty sure I speak for the majority, if not all, of us here when I say we know you aren't showing off or trying to compete / steal limelight / put other people's decorations down, but just like sharing the magic and beauty of your trees with us.

Christmas is not about competition or bitterness, it's a time for sharing and loving. Personally I love that you share your pictures with us :smitten:

absolutely agree on everything:elf3:

SilverBells
10-07-2011, 03:35 AM

I soooo agree with Christmas_mama Mike. That thought never crossed my mind once. That's why I'm looking forward to your thread :)

tinkerbell2
10-07-2011, 03:40 AM

I have too agree with every else that the though never even crossed my mind.
I just really, really love the waiting in anticipation of your beautiful trees..:christmastree:

ornamentmaven
10-07-2011, 09:17 AM
Don't worry Mike - I just can't wait to see your gorgious trees again!

Merry Christmas Darling
10-07-2011, 10:23 AM
You've never come across as being egotistical to me. You've come across as someone who loves Christmas decor and can afford a little more than many of us can. We don't have to be clones with identical trees. I enjoy talking to people who understand my excitement, because you know there are people out there who think we're all crazy. Well, maybe we are, but it's really fun that we're not alone. :elf1:

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/Smiley%20Christmas/Tree_decorating.gif http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/Smiley%20Christmas/Smiley_Weihnachtsbaum.gif http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/Smiley%20Christmas/Smile_Christmas_Slow_Dance-1.gif

Crazymike1965
10-07-2011, 11:54 PM
Thanks for all your nice comments. It means a lot to me :elf1:

Now onto the madness. I have a list of about 15 stores that I visit every year from early October until mid November for decorations so it is a very dangerous time for me :tree: My wife dreads it when I start my rounds and what is even worse for her this year is that she is going to be out of town when my #1 Christmas ornament store has their closed door Christmas sale. This is the same store where I bought that amazing reindeer from a few years back. I am planning a recon mission there in 2 weeks to see what they have and to also see how much of a beating I am going to get from my wife :dizzy:

I stopped by another store where I buy all my lights from and they had purple led Halloween lights so I will be buying a bunch of sets for the purple tree. perhaps I will get lucky and they will go on sale in the coming weeks.

Merry Christmas Darling
10-08-2011, 01:07 AM
I'm going to be waiting for the recon mission report! :home:

JollyElfDC
10-10-2011, 12:10 AM
I can't wait to see your pictures!:elf3:
Just for the record, I haver never thought you were egotistical either. Crazy yes!!:dizzy: but not egotistical:no:.

mikaldinho
10-10-2011, 04:42 AM
Can't wait to see some pics!

ChristmasFairy
10-23-2011, 10:01 AM
Thanks for all your nice comments. It means a lot to me :elf1:

Now onto the madness. I have a list of about 15 stores that I visit every year from early October until mid November for decorations so it is a very dangerous time for me :tree: .I'm new here and came across your decorating thread from last year ... Absolutely beautiful !!! Looking forward to seeing your pics this year.

Unfortunately, I am restricted to just a couple of department stores for decs where I currently live, so was wondering if any of the stores you buy from are online and if so, whether you'd be willing to share that info.

Crazymike1965
10-25-2011, 01:57 AM
I'm new here and came across your decorating thread from last year ... Absolutely beautiful !!! Looking forward to seeing your pics this year.

Unfortunately, I am restricted to just a couple of department stores for decs where I currently live, so was wondering if any of the stores you buy from are online and if so, whether you'd be willing to share that info.

Welcome to the forum Calypso Christmas :santa2:

The 3 main stores that I buy my decorations from are local to where I live in Burlington, Ontario, Canada:

http://www.sheridannurseries.com/
http://gardengallery.ca/hollandpark/
http://terragreenhouses.com/

I also buy some decorations from 3 department stores:

http://www.canadiantire.ca
http://www.thebay.com
http://www.homesense.com

Incidently Holland park has their no tax sale on Nov 4th which is when I start work on my decorations :dizzy:

ChristmasFairy
10-25-2011, 09:33 AM
Thank you for those links Mike ... Canadian Tire and The Bay brought back memories, as lived in Toronto for 10 years+ and LOL I only just noticed your location :elf1:

I did enjoy looking at those sites even though none of them (except the Bay) offer online shopping and that's restricted to Canada only. I shall now check out Amazon and Ebay.

Look forward to Nov 4th and your pics when you start decorating.:tree:

Crazymike1965
10-26-2011, 12:23 AM
Where are you living now...

I have an even more insane amount of work to do this year on the big tree and I will be adding another 600 twinkling and 600 clear mini lights...

ChristmasFairy
10-27-2011, 09:15 AM
Where are you living now...

I have an even more insane amount of work to do this year on the big tree and I will be adding another 600 twinkling and 600 clear mini lights...I am currently living in Australia ... moved here only a few years ago after spending many, many years as an expat wife living all over the world ...

The first six years we were married ... never spent Christmas in the same country, not even in the same part of the world ... LOL :elf1:

Not to digress from the topic of the thread .... Good luck adding all those extra lights ... and look forward to your pics and those from all the other posters:santa1:

Crazymike1965
11-01-2011, 02:34 AM
I have started to do some prep work in my basement and now the tree is unpacked and ready to be carried up the stairs in 6 pieces.

My golden Retriever Bella also carried out an inspection of the tree stand:

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/c20112.jpg.jpg

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/c20111.jpg

SilverBells
11-01-2011, 04:13 AM
WOOHOO IT'S OFFICIAL.

WAY TO GO MIKE :merrychristmas:

tinkerbell2
11-01-2011, 04:48 AM
Can't wait for your pictures....:elf3:

:christmastree::christmastree:

Crazymike1965
11-05-2011, 03:58 AM
Hello everyone :) The day has arrived where I start on the tree. I have spent the week packing up Halloween decorations and webbing from all over the main floor of the house. I am getting ready to head to do some decoration shopping tonight so I will report back later on today with some pictures of what I find :tree1:

Crazymike1965
11-07-2011, 02:29 AM
I started on the tree yesterday but things are on hold as my wife wants to get a shot of top section of the tree being put into position. She is currently out with some of her friends. So far the set up has been going great. I have not had any problems with any of the lights and this year I will have a tree topper. I was able to get it into position and attach it to the ceiling. I just hope that the knot holds :xmaseyeroll:

The other thing that I am happy about is that I am not having any sciatic issues so far this year. If I can concentrate and have lots of patience in the coming days I should be able to put a dent in the lights.

Pictures coming shortly ....

steph535
11-07-2011, 02:37 AM
Mike, that's great that it has been going good for you. I am so looking forward to seeing your pics!

Crazymike1965
11-07-2011, 03:22 AM
Thanks Steph :santa2:

Here are the items that I picked in on Friday:

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c1.jpg

I could not resist this jolly wooden reindeer. I think that he
has been stealing my beer from the fridge :)

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c2.jpg

Jeannette picked out this tree

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c3.jpg

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c4.jpg

I picked out a few ornaments for the crystal and purple trees.
Jeannette found one ornament for her red tree. I also picked up a bunch of purple led lights. There was lots of items at the store but not alot that matched our tree. I ended up spending less money than I budgeted for.

I found this Xmas store which is walking distance from here. I will be buying some ornaments from there later in the week :)

Christmas_mama
11-07-2011, 03:26 AM
Hello everyone :) The day has arrived where I start on the tree. I have spent the week packing up Halloween decorations and webbing from all over the main floor of the house. I am getting ready to head to do some decoration shopping tonight so I will report back later on today with some pictures of what I find :tree1:

Yay! How exciting!! :yahoo: Did you get any new decorations in the end? :christmastree::elf1:

I started on the tree yesterday but things are on hold as my wife wants to get a shot of top section of the tree being put into position. She is currently out with some of her friends. So far the set up has been going great. I have not had any problems with any of the lights and this year I will have a tree topper. I was able to get it into position and attach it to the ceiling. I just hope that the knot holds :xmaseyeroll:

The other thing that I am happy about is that I am not having any sciatic issues so far this year. If I can concentrate and have lots of patience in the coming days I should be able to put a dent in the lights.

Pictures coming shortly ....

I'm excited to see your progress and can't wait to see your tree topper. I bet it looks magnificent :xmashigh5: Very glad to hear that your sciatica is letting you get on with your tree and not causing you too much trouble. Looking forward to pictures very much! :hopxmas:

Crazymike1965
11-07-2011, 03:31 AM
http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c5.jpg

The first 3 sections of the tree are in place

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c6.jpg

What kind of a demented person would put a tree topper before the tree is completed :dizzy:

more pics coming....

Christmas_mama
11-07-2011, 03:45 AM
What kind of a demented person would put a tree topper before the tree is completed :dizzy:

more pics coming....

Haha LOVE it! Can't wait for more :yahoo: I'm too excited for the finished product hehe

SilverBells
11-07-2011, 05:20 AM
http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c5.jpg

The first 3 sections of the tree are in place

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c6.jpg

more pics coming....

:hopxmas: Actually that's the first ornament that hubby puts on our Christmas tree every year so I can work my way down with the rest of the ornaments :xmaswink:
Only ours is not hanging from the ceiling :elf1:

I can't wait to see more photos Mike. :christmastree:

Crazymike1965
11-07-2011, 07:18 AM
http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c7b%20(2).jpg
Bella inspecting some of the electrical cables

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c8.jpg

Getting ready for the final lift

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c9.jpg

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c10.jpg

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2001c11.jpg

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c12.jpg

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c13.jpg

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2001c14.jpg

The top piece is in place :dizzy:

Merry Christmas Darling
11-07-2011, 09:00 AM
The top piece is in place :dizzy:

Yay! :treedance:

ChristmasFairy
11-07-2011, 12:44 PM
What a tree !!! .... wish I had the room for one that size .... looking forward to more pics:elf1:

tinkerbell2
11-07-2011, 04:24 PM
Can't wait for the next installment...:christmastree:

olga
11-07-2011, 04:31 PM
Woooooow, Mike... So tall tree...

ornamentmaven
11-08-2011, 01:48 AM
Great Job Mike!

mina553
11-08-2011, 09:12 AM
it sounds so wonderful 2 hear a guy so passonate 4 the season iam new here **& i cannot wait either i suffer with my back as well had an automobile accident when i was only 5 almost killed me but iam still here it pains alot most of the time so go easy streatch it out when u can Mike & good luck

MinnesotaMike
11-08-2011, 10:18 AM
Looks good so far. Putting on ornaments must be one LONG project!!

SilverBells
11-08-2011, 03:45 PM
Keep those photos coming Mike :hopxmas:

*Snowflake*
11-08-2011, 06:16 PM
Keep those photos coming Mike :hopxmas:

yes,agree:elf1:

Crazymike1965
11-09-2011, 07:55 AM
Hello everyone, It has been a very productive 2 days. Based on last years setup I am about 2 days ahead of schedule. I have actually run out of lights and that is after adding 600 more lights today. I think that 200 more will do the trick. I am going to start on the twinkle light sets tomorrow and should be ready to decorate the tree at some point on Thursday. Mike the decorating is an insane amount of work.

Pictures coming shortly...

MinnesotaMike
11-09-2011, 08:29 AM
I am done with my yard, so I already feel ahead of the game too! How tall is your tree again??

Crazymike1965
11-09-2011, 11:13 AM
Hi Mike,

I am still trying to figure out what I am going to do in regards to lawn decorations this year. The tree is 12 feet.

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c15.jpg

Bella watching me

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c16.jpg

The view from the top of the tree

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c17.jpg

I was fiddling with the topper and the line broke so I decided to attach it to the top of the tree.
I will get it plugged in tomorrow and take a pic of it.

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c18.jpg

I ran out of lights about 20 inches from the top

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c19.jpg

Prewired tree lights plus the lights I have added

I was able to assemble a set of 100 mini lights from several old sets that I have decomissioned from the tree so I will put it up tomorrow. Hopefully it completes the tree. I will then start on the twinkle lights and anchor the tree.

mina553
11-09-2011, 04:43 PM
i love the lights u placed them just right it looks awsome mike

Donna-50
11-10-2011, 10:14 PM
Wow, what a job. Can't wait to see it. Love all your trees.

I got 2 cats a few months ago so my decorating maybe limited this year. Seems the one kitten loves to go on the dining room table and throw my fall decorations to the dog to chew up.

Your dog is so cute.

SammieDsMom
11-10-2011, 11:35 PM
LOVING the pics! Love the dog too! :elf3:

Crazymike1965
11-11-2011, 02:37 AM
Hi everyone, things are going great but once again I have run out of lights and my wife has the car so I will have to pick up a couple more sets later on. I have anchored the tree and are positioning all of the ornamotors which is another insane task. I have to pick 50 spots around the tree, connect the ornamotors, and secure them to the nearest branch. In the process I am looking for dead bulbs and straightening out branches. My goal is to finish up by 5pm as I have another Christmas shore to go to this evening. I was there last week and they had lots of decorations that I like so I will be picking up some decorations.

Tomorrow morning I will put the last two sets of lights in the tree and I will then be ready to start decorating :presents1:

After receiving complaints from the neighbors I decided not to cover up the front window while setting the tree but once I complete the tree it will not be plugged in until the end of November.

I will post some picture later on today...

mina553
11-11-2011, 05:31 AM
lmto @ the cat on dining room table u sure its not the dog ?
lol

ChristmasFairy
11-11-2011, 10:24 PM
..... After receiving complaints from the neighbors I decided not to cover up the front window while setting the tree but once I complete the tree it will not be plugged in until the end of November.

I will post some picture later on today...Why would you get complaints from your neighbours about your Christmas tree?:elf2:

ornamentmaven
11-11-2011, 11:01 PM
Why would you get complaints from your neighbours about your Christmas tree?:elf2:

I'm guessing they are complaining that he has the window covered!

Elvira1986
11-12-2011, 02:54 AM
Amazing Mike!

ChantelleJoy
11-12-2011, 06:29 AM

I hope it's because they want to see the tree go up ... :)

*wishful thinking*

Merry Christmas Darling
11-12-2011, 07:27 AM

I hope it's because they want to see the tree go up ... :)

*wishful thinking*

Or it’s a classy neighborhood and only gold-plated screens will do!

mina553
11-12-2011, 09:05 AM
may be they want to keep an eye on that naughty cat

Crazymike1965
11-12-2011, 12:55 PM
They were mad last year because they could not see the tree being set up.

I had several neighbors stop by today to have a look at the tree. I am about 42 hours into the tree set up I have started with the ornaments. I will be spending a good chunk of the weekend working on the tree. It is looking better than last year. Chantelle I really hope that you will be able to come by for a visit this year :)

ChristmasFairy
11-12-2011, 01:20 PM
I thought that might be the case Mike .... looking forward to your pics .... can't have your neighbours having all the fun :reindeer2:

SilverBells
11-12-2011, 04:01 PM

I had several neighbors stop by today to have a look at the tree. I am about 42 hours into the tree set up I have started with the ornaments. I will be spending a good chunk of the weekend working on the tree. It is looking better than last year. Chantelle I really hope that you will be able to come by for a visit this year :)

That's a good reason to be mad :christmastree::christmastree::christmastree: :santa:

ChantelleJoy
11-12-2011, 11:38 PM

Chantelle I really hope that you will be able to come by for a visit this year :)

Mike, I'm so relieved that it's for that reason and not some other non-Christmassy reason!

I definitely plan to - after it's lit of course. I'll have to check with my Boyfriend to see when he can drive me over! :)

mina553
11-13-2011, 12:28 AM
mike is it just lights ? or ornaments 2 ?

Crazymike1965
11-13-2011, 07:31 AM
Chantelle I am glad to hear that you are going to come over. I will let you know once everything is set up. It will probably be by December 9th.

Sorry for the delay in posting pictures of my progress folks. I am having problems with the wide angle lens for the camera so I am using my phone to take the pictures so far this year. I will get the photo issues resolved in the coming days.

The tree is coming along great and I am about 10 hours away from completing it....hopefully.

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c20.jpg

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c21.jpg

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c22.jpg

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c23.jpg

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c24.jpg

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c25.jpg

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c26.jpg

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c27.jpg

Crazymike1965
11-13-2011, 07:32 AM
http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c27.jpg

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c28.jpg

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c29.jpg

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c30.jpg

Merry Christmas Darling
11-13-2011, 08:22 AM

LOL! We can't peek but your neighbors are privileged.

Merry Christmas Darling
11-13-2011, 08:24 AM
Sorry for the delay in posting pictures of my progress folks. I am having problems with the wide angle lens for the camera so I am using my phone to take the pictures so far this year. I will get the photo issues resolved in the coming days.

My bad! Thank you for letting us see it! It's looking good. :elf3:

mina553
11-13-2011, 09:13 AM
mike its soooooooo beautiful wow
wow is all i can say I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YOUR DECORATIONS
I LLOOVVEE YOUR 3

MinnesotaMike
11-13-2011, 09:44 AM
It looks like a professionally done tree! Although I'm partial to multicolors...I still think it looks amazing.

ChristmasFairy
11-13-2011, 09:52 AM
Gorgeous decorations ........ and your tree is just 'Wow Beautiful' !!

Donna-50
11-13-2011, 10:00 AM
:elf3:Beautiful!

SilverBells
11-13-2011, 05:13 PM
So beautiful :christmastree::christmastree::christmastree:

tinkerbell2
11-13-2011, 05:20 PM
Mike, it's amazingly beautiful...:christmastree:

ornamentmaven
11-14-2011, 02:49 AM
Stunning... as usual!!!

Papa_Christmas
11-14-2011, 09:25 PM
A frosty delight Mike very beautiful :elf3:

How Tall ?

Diameter at base ?

How many lights and ornaments?

Crazymike1965
11-15-2011, 01:32 AM
Thanks Papa :)

The tree is a 12 footer. I believe that the diameter is 75-84 inches. There are 5850 lights on the tree and 1800 ornaments and more arriving in the coming days. I also 62 hours into the setup of the tree and have about an hour or two to go.

leah
11-15-2011, 06:06 AM
Love it! Pretty!

Crazymike1965
11-15-2011, 11:36 PM
I was able to get a new lens for my camera so I will post some better pics later on today :)

SilverBells
11-16-2011, 12:03 AM
Yay :yahoo:

tinkerbell2
11-16-2011, 12:16 AM
I was able to get a new lens for my camera so I will post some better pics later on today :)

Can't wait....:hopxmas::hopxmas:

mina553
11-16-2011, 05:38 AM
i wanna see 2

Crazymike1965
11-16-2011, 10:25 AM
http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/IMG_8596.JPG
http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/IMG_8595.JPG
http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/IMG_8594.JPG

ornamentmaven
11-16-2011, 10:29 AM
Unbelievable Mike!:tree1:

Merry Christmas Darling
11-16-2011, 10:57 AM
Incredible again! You amaze me!

Donna-50
11-16-2011, 11:25 AM
Beautiful!

mina553
11-16-2011, 11:41 AM
aawwww mike its wonderful soo beautiful did u take a caurse in decorating or does it come naturally .

Crazymike1965
11-16-2011, 12:22 PM
Thanks for the nice comments everyone :) I will post more pictures tomorrow. The tree should be finished by the weekend. I will then start work on the other trees and decorations inside and outside the house.

Mina I do it completely by myself with no help from anyone and I did not take any courses. My wife is scared to touch the ornaments.

I am already being pressured by the neighbors to start to put the lights on as some houses on my street already have their lights on,

ChristmasFairy
11-16-2011, 12:33 PM
Mike ... that's truly amazing. Very beautiful decorations and you did a fantastic job ..... Very beautiful .....

More pics please ...:santa1:

leah
11-16-2011, 01:15 PM
Gorgeous!

tinkerbell2
11-16-2011, 01:29 PM
Once again Mike, it's beautiful beyond words.....:christmastree:

Love it all....:elf3:

steph535
11-16-2011, 03:04 PM
Mike, once again your tree is nothing short of absolutely gorgeous! You really are extremely talented.

SilverBells
11-16-2011, 03:53 PM
S t u n n i n g ! ! !

Papa_Christmas
11-16-2011, 09:13 PM
Great pics Mike absolutely gorgeous.:elf3:

Crazymike1965
11-17-2011, 01:28 AM
http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c31.JPG

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c32.JPG

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c33.JPG

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c34.JPG

Crazymike1965
11-17-2011, 01:29 AM
http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c35.JPG

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c36.JPG

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c37.JPG

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c38.JPG

More pics coming later today :)

ornamentmaven
11-17-2011, 01:51 AM
Absolutely inspirational Mike. Would love to see it in person!

SilverBells
11-17-2011, 03:01 AM
Me too. :xmaswink:

Crazymike1965
11-18-2011, 12:17 AM
I wish that you all could see it in person as I have not been able to get a really good picture of the tree

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/IMG_8602.JPG

I started adding the snow to the tree last night

tinkerbell2
11-18-2011, 12:19 AM
I wish that you could all could see it in person as I have not been able to get a really good picture of the tree

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/IMG_8602.JPG

I started adding the snow to the tree last night

Mike, I'm so spell bound by the beauty of it, it's fantastic..:elf3: I wish mine could look like
that..:christmastree:

Jordan
11-18-2011, 10:34 AM
Mike, your tree is tops! I hope you'll take a photo of it from the street like you did last year. It looks great in the bay window. :home:

ChantelleJoy
11-18-2011, 01:33 PM
Another compliment coming your way: it's SO BEAUTIFUL.

Honestly, this may beat the Rockefeller tree as My Favourite Christmas Tree! :treedance:

*Snowflake*
11-18-2011, 06:39 PM
wow Mike, I don't have to say that is beautiful don't cha?:familytree:Fabulous:familytree:

Crazymike1965
11-18-2011, 11:18 PM
Thanks for all the nice comments everyone :) I am going to be putting up the rest of the trees this weekend. I have also started decorating the inside of the house. It is going to be a busy weekend :home:

mina553
11-19-2011, 03:16 AM
how many trees do u have in all Mike ?

Crazymike1965
11-19-2011, 03:45 AM
I have 8 in total but it has been a long time since I have put all of them up.

I am trying to talk my wife into letting me put up my bird themed real tree. Here is a pic of it from 2003:

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/realtree.bmp

mina553
11-19-2011, 03:48 AM
ooo its so beautiful dosen;t your wife love christmas as much as u do ?
i wish my husband would put the 3s up shes got a very talented husband does she know that ?
Why do u call your self crazy Mike ?

Crazymike1965
11-19-2011, 04:11 AM
She loves Christmas but she does not love how much money I spend every year on decorations :christmastree: The other issue that we have is that we now have a puppy and we do not know how she will react to a real tree.

mina553
11-19-2011, 04:13 AM
o i see when i had my new puppy she hid her bone in the bottom of the 3 your doggy might want 2 play with it or some thing like that .

ChristmasFairy
11-19-2011, 01:33 PM
I wish that you all could see it in person as I have not been able to get a really good picture of the tree.....
I started adding the snow to the tree last nightEven so Mike it looks spectacular in the pics you posted.... truly amazing.

LOL I add to snow to mine too ..and end up with a mess on the floor. :snowman:

ChristmasFairy
11-19-2011, 01:38 PM
Mike, I'm so spell bound by the beauty of it, it's fantastic..:elf3: I wish mine could look like
that..:christmastree:Haha!! Me too .... I think I'll just go and kick my tree :gelf:

MinnesotaMike
11-19-2011, 11:35 PM
Mike...what do you suppose that sucker WEIGHS? I bet it's wicked-heavy! (talking about your main tree, obviously.)

mina553
11-19-2011, 11:37 PM
hahahahah funny

humbug_clause
11-20-2011, 01:39 AM
that bird tree is so pretty!

mina553
11-20-2011, 01:43 AM
i love it 2

SnowAngel
11-21-2011, 05:57 AM
Simply extraordinary, Mike! The dedication, the attention to detail, the gorgeous ornaments...absolutely stunning!! :christmastree:

Crazymike1965
11-21-2011, 10:59 AM
Thanks folks :santa2: Mike the tree must weigh over 200 pounds with all the lights and decorations.

mina553
11-21-2011, 12:06 PM
ITS JUST A WILD GUESS BUT I WOULd GUESS more than 200 LBS

Papa_Christmas
11-21-2011, 10:46 PM
Thanks folks :santa2: Mike the tree must weigh over 200 pounds with all the lights and decorations.

Dude I promise you you have 200lbs. just in lights I'd bet that thing goes about 400 lbs.

Crazymike1965
11-22-2011, 05:22 AM
There is about 60 sets of 100 mini lights :christmastree: in the tree and 1600 ornaments so you might be right Papa lol.

Crazymike1965
11-22-2011, 11:54 PM
Since many homes on my street already have their lights on I decided to switch on what I have set up....so far :)

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c39.jpg

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c41.jpg

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c40.jpg

My newest outdoor decoration that I bought 2 years ago The box got hidden in my basement when I moved.

SilverBells
11-22-2011, 11:58 PM
You live in my dream home with my dream Christmas decorations Mike :)

It looks beautiful :elf3:

tinkerbell2
11-23-2011, 12:37 AM
Beautiful, Mike..Love it..:elf3:

Papa_Christmas
11-23-2011, 09:05 PM
Looks Fantastic Mike :elf3: :elf3:

ornamentmaven
11-23-2011, 10:41 PM
Love it Mike!

MarineBrat
11-28-2011, 04:43 AM
Just STUNNING Mike. I So look forward every year coming here and seeing you put up your tree. :waving:

olga
11-28-2011, 04:46 AM
Woooooooooooow!!!!!! Mike, no words, friend.

Crazymike1965
11-28-2011, 11:09 PM
Thanks for the nice comments :) I am sorry that I did not post any pics this weekend. I am recovering from back to back parties and also working any night Saturday after working on some servers. Fortunately I was able to do the work from home. I have alot of decorating to do over the next few weeks and my wife leaves it all for me to do :gingerhouse:

Crazymike1965
11-30-2011, 12:53 AM
http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c44.JPG

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c43.JPG

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c46.JPG

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c47.JPG

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c48.JPG

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c45.JPG

The purple tree is finally up. I have been having so many distractions here and have not been able to get the house completely decorated.

SilverBells
11-30-2011, 01:16 AM
Beautiful. My sister would love it as purple is her color :)

tinkerbell2
11-30-2011, 01:29 AM
Just beautiful Mike...:christmastree:

Donna-50
11-30-2011, 01:32 AM
Love the purple tree.

mina553
11-30-2011, 04:32 AM
o my i dont know witch one is more beautiful their so wonderful mike

ChantelleJoy
11-30-2011, 08:09 AM
Your trees remind me of the theme ones they have at The Bay! So festive and unique! :)

Papa_Christmas
12-01-2011, 03:24 AM
Looking fabulous Mike how many trees will you be doing this year?

Crazymike1965
12-01-2011, 03:54 AM
Thanks Papa :) That is the question that I am asking myself at the moment. Counting 4 foot trees and taller so far I have the 12footer,the purple tree, and the red tree ( which is currently under construction). I also have a Star Wars tree that I will be setting up in the coming days. My wife is not setting up her blue themed and green themed trees this year.

I am still undecided on getting a real tree this year and I also have a 9 foot tree in the basement that is calling me to set it up but with work being so busy and all of the other decorating I have to do I dont know if I am going to have the time.

I also will be buying some more decorations next week for a couple of ideas that I have for garlands :)

Crazymike1965
12-07-2011, 12:21 AM
Hi Folks, I am sorry for not posting in the last several days. Work has been crazy and I have been going non stop morning , noon and night.

2 more trees are set up and I have 2 more to go

Here are some pictures of the purple tree. It looks very small in comparison to the crystal tree but it is 7.5 ft tall. It is not a traditional looking tree but alot of people seem to like it so here goes:

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2001c49.JPG

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c50.JPG

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c51.JPG

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c52.JPG

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c53.JPG

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c54.JPG

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c55.JPG

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c56.JPG

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c57.JPG

Lots of pictures to come in the next several days....

Donna-50
12-07-2011, 12:27 AM
Beautiful!

SilverBells
12-07-2011, 12:37 AM
5 Stars *****

ornamentmaven
12-07-2011, 01:06 AM
That purple tree is absolutely stunning!

tinkerbell2
12-07-2011, 01:16 AM
It's beautiful Mike......:christmastree::xmashigh5:

Crazymike1965
12-07-2011, 03:45 AM
I am still trying to figure out what to do with the kitchen as far as decorations are concerned :dizzy:

tinkerbell2
12-07-2011, 03:49 AM
I am still trying to figure out what to do with the kitchen as far as decorations are concerned :dizzy:

I'm sure whatever you do it will look stunning Mike...:elf3:

Crazymike1965
12-07-2011, 03:53 AM
You give me far too much credit Tink :waving: I will have to come up with something creative...

tinkerbell2
12-07-2011, 03:55 AM
You give me far too much credit Tink :waving: I will have to come up with something creative...

Credit where credit is due......:xmashigh5:

ornamentmaven
12-07-2011, 05:25 AM
Credit where credit is due......:xmashigh5:

So true!!!

mina553
12-07-2011, 06:04 AM
here are some idears mike

http://www.oprah.com/home/Holiday-Decorating-Tips-Design-Experts

Crazymike1965
12-07-2011, 10:38 PM
Thanks for the link Mina :)

The problem with my kitchen is that it is made up of lots of stainless steel, granite, and dark cabinets so I am having problems finding a theme. With that being said I found some items in my Christmas inventory that might work.

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c58.JPG

This tree sort of goes with the kitchen but I do not have enough space above the cabinet for it to fit

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c59.JPG

The reindeer display

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c60.JPG

I am experimenting with twinkle lights above the cabinets

ornamentmaven
12-07-2011, 10:51 PM
I like it! Some gold toned decorations would also look great ith the granite.

Crazymike1965
12-07-2011, 10:56 PM
I like it! Some gold toned decorations would also look great ith the granite.

I have some extra gold decorations and a lonely gold reindeer.
I will set them up tonight in the kitchen, Thanks Ornamentmaven :)

ornamentmaven
12-07-2011, 10:57 PM
I have some extra gold decorations and a lonely gold reindeer.
I will set them up tonight in the kitchen, Thanks Ornamentmaven :)

The gold reindeer is exactly what I was thinking of...

Donna-50
12-07-2011, 11:34 PM
Love your kitchen.:elf3:

Crazymike1965
12-10-2011, 06:52 AM
Thanks Donna :) I will post some more pictures of it.

I had complete creative control over it when we bought the house as I am the cook.
I will post more pictures of it over the next few weeks as I try to decorate it

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c61.JPG

Bella loves the lights

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c62.JPG

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c63.JPG

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c64.JPG

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c65.JPG

I know that in past years black Christmas have not been very popular but I decided to change trees for the red theme as this black tree is over 6 feet with the pot and is very well constructed. The branches are nice and full and I think this poor black tree looks nice with the red led lights. The tree is red and gold and has several ornaments from England. My wife was born and raised in London :)

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c66.JPG

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c67.JPG

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c68.JPG

Crazymike1965
12-10-2011, 06:56 AM
http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c69.JPG

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c70.JPG

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c71.JPG

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c72.JPG

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c73.JPG

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c74.JPG

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c75.JPG

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c76.JPG

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c77.JPG

ornamentmaven
12-10-2011, 07:06 AM
Absolutely stunning Mike - I love the staircase!

Donna-50
12-10-2011, 03:39 PM
Beautiful!

tinkerbell2
12-10-2011, 04:55 PM
One word...........Beautiful....:elf3:

SilverBells
12-11-2011, 03:33 AM
One word...........Beautiful....:elf3:

I agree :elf3:

Papa_Christmas
12-12-2011, 10:10 PM
It's all absolutely beautiful Mike.:elf3::elf3::elf3:

I'll bet you and your wife suffer from the bare wall blues in January I know we do.

Crazymike1965
12-12-2011, 11:07 PM
Yes we certainly do Papa. I leave everything up until the second week of January and the purple tree will stay up until the end of March.

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c78.JPG

My wife bought these decorations for me on Friday :)

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c79.JPG

One of the reindeers in this picture seems to be constantly falling over and there is a short in the lights which has been giving me grief this year.

We had our Christmas party this past Saturday and 40 of our friends were over several of which have never seen any of the Christmas trees in person. I still have not completely finished the decorating :xmaseyeroll:

ChristmasFairy
12-12-2011, 11:12 PM
Absolutely beautiful Mike !!!!! .......... :christmastree:

SilverBells
12-13-2011, 12:18 AM
Gorgeous.

Crazymike1965
12-13-2011, 02:25 AM
My outdoor decorations are in a state of disarray as I did not plan the placement of items more carefully :confused:

jillianjack
12-13-2011, 02:40 AM
Wow! Three years on this forum?? I am brand new and loving it! Thanks for the Christmas Cheer!

Tracy
12-13-2011, 02:48 AM
I am in love with the white/silver themed tree. I love it. I wanted that for our house but my husband wouldn't let me buy more ornaments and now that we have kids we have all their ornaments on there as well. if we ever do a second tree for Christmas it will definitely be white and silver themed.

Papa_Christmas
12-13-2011, 03:47 AM
http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/2011c79.JPG

One of the reindeers in this picture seems to be constantly falling over and there is a short in the lights which has been giving me grief this year.

Mike try tent steaks to help keep the unruly reindeer in it's place:elf3:

Crazymike1965
12-13-2011, 10:48 PM
I will do that Papa. Thanks for your input :) Last night I took the reindeer inside to fix the lights.

Chantelle is coming for a visit on the weekend so I am hoping to get all of the decorating done before she arrives.

ChantelleJoy
12-13-2011, 11:01 PM
I will do that Papa. Thanks for your input :) Last night I took the reindeer inside to fix the lights.

Chantelle is coming for a visit on the weekend so I am hoping to get all of the decorating done before she arrives.

You had better!!! Official ATC Forum Visits require the UTMOST in perfection! ;)

Papa_Christmas
12-13-2011, 11:33 PM

You had better!!! Official ATC Forum Visits require the UTMOST in perfection! ;)

So when can I expect the two of you down here?:elf1:

Crazymike1965
12-13-2011, 11:41 PM

If I am not around come Monday morning it means that I have been banned :elf2:

We have to have a road trip down to Texas Papa :) :christmastree:

ChantelleJoy
12-14-2011, 07:39 AM

If I am not around come Monday morning it means that I have been banned :elf2:

We have to have a road trip down to Texas Papa :) :christmastree:

It would be worth the trip! ;)

Crazymike1965
12-15-2011, 01:52 AM
Please do not click on the link below if you are using dial up. This is a 32 meg video of the tree:

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/video-2011-12-13-20-24-01.mp4

tinkerbell2
12-15-2011, 02:05 AM
Please do not click on the link below if you are using dial up. This is a 32 meg video of the tree:

http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/video-2011-12-13-20-24-01.mp4

Beautiful tree, Mike...:elf3:

Crazymike1965
12-18-2011, 05:26 AM
I am still decorating the house. More pictures coming soon....

ChantelleJoy
12-19-2011, 03:22 PM
I had the wonderful pleasure of visiting CrazyMike this evening and seeing the (famous) Crystal Tree in person! Thanks so much for having me over, Mike, it was a plesure! Here are some of my photos (and I can attest that getting pics of the ornaments/tree is difficult! It's very bright!):

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7169/6536110587_d996ddef7f.jpg
This snowflake is HUGE - bigger than my whole hand!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7027/6536111155_b8717f4275.jpg
Glass ornament with a tree inside, beautiful!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7006/6536111613_75c297950e.jpg
This is just about the top half of the tree!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7157/6536112767_08a4fbf036.jpg
Almost all of it!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7171/6536113355_a6ec622f99.jpg
I brought this ornament for the tree as a gift - it's a 3D star with silver tips - and I think it fits in pretty well (although finding space on the tree was difficult!)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7030/6536113807_d14ef82a6f.jpg
Using a lens in reverse I managed to get the whole tree! (although a bit fish-eyed)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7033/6536114929_ebbc256b8c.jpg
Mike's Wife's beautiful red tree - full of great British themed ornaments, just stunning!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7175/6536116323_da65ce0701.jpg
Myself and Mike beside the Big Tree.

I'll let Mike post photos of the other trees, including his "work in progress" Star Wars Tree!

Thanks again for having me over - it was a real pleasure meeting a fellow ATC Forum Member in real life!

Next stop, Texas - I'm looking at you Papa C! ;)

SilverBells
12-19-2011, 04:46 PM
Beautiful pictures Chantelle. I would love to see all those Christmas trees too.

I love this photo. It looks like you see the tree's reflection from a bauble. Good job. :elf3:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7030/6536113807_d14ef82a6f.jpg

tinkerbell2
12-19-2011, 06:41 PM
Love all the photo's, you've done a brilliant job...:elf3:

It is nice to see a forum member in person, isn't it....:xmashigh5:

Christmas_mama
12-19-2011, 06:50 PM
Lovely photos! I can't load the video on my phone :sad elf: I'll have to nab hubby's laptop later and have a peek :-) I'd love to see the cystal tree in person! I'll add it to my to-do-and-see list for my fantasy Christmas holiday to Americal! Haha

ChantelleJoy
12-19-2011, 08:16 PM
I'd love to see the cystal tree in person! I'll add it to my to-do-and-see list for my fantasy Christmas holiday to Americal! Haha

With a side-trip to Canada, of course, right? ;) (That's where Mike & I are both located!)

Papa_Christmas
12-20-2011, 12:39 AM
Thanks again for having me over - it was a real pleasure meeting a fellow ATC Forum Member in real life!

Next stop, Texas - I'm looking at you Papa C! ;)

It looks amazing Mike splendid job :elf3:

Chantelle just like Christmas you are welcome in our home anytime and bring Mike with you.:tree:

Crazymike1965
12-20-2011, 02:04 AM
Thanks Papa :) and thank you Chantelle for coming by :waving:

I cannot believe that this thread has been viewed 5000 times and I still have more decorating to do :)

ornamentmaven
12-20-2011, 03:25 AM
Love the photos Chantelle - especially you and Mike next to the tree - it dwarfs you!

ChristmasFairy
12-20-2011, 09:39 PM
Love the pics Chantelle .... not only does it dwarf you .... but Mike as well ... LOL

That is one huge amazing Christmas tree !!!:hopxmas:

ChristmasFairy
12-20-2011, 09:44 PM
I am still decorating the house. More pictures coming soon....Good to know that I'm not the only one still trying to get some decorations done ..though mine hardly compares to the scale of yours Mike and those of some other posters:christmastree:

SnowAngel
12-21-2011, 07:42 AM
Simply amazing, Mike!

Crazymike1965
12-25-2011, 10:23 PM
I wanted to wish you all a very merry Christmas !!!!

Donna-50
12-26-2011, 07:04 AM
Same to you.

Papa_Christmas
12-28-2011, 12:06 AM
Bump:elf3::elf3::elf3:

Crazymike1965
01-04-2012, 04:17 AM
Hello everyone, I hope that you all had a happy New Years day. I am back to work now and are starting to work on my plans to take down the decorations. It is a massive job that will take me at least 30 hours. I still have friends visiting over the next few weeks so I will be taking down some of the nic nacs first and the outside lights. The trees will be left to the end to be taken down. I will leave the purple tree up until March and I also will put up some lights to brighten the place up.

I did not get a chance to finish all my decorating this year. My Star Wars tree and kitchen display never got completed. I had lots of distractions that impacted me this year ( as well as a house guest that drove my wife nuts who finally left last week ) I also had some disruptions with my decorating budget this year.
so I am already looking ahead to November 2012 :tree1:

mina553
01-04-2012, 07:00 AM
well look on the bright side

The house guest is gone will she /he be back next year ?
tell them your moving hahahaha believe me i know how that feels .
poor wife .

Donna-50
01-04-2012, 08:01 AM
I have learned a few years ago if you don't get all the decorating done that you want it really doesn't matter. I do what I can do and leave the rest because I would rather enjoy the holidays instead of trying to make my house perfect.

MinnesotaMike
01-04-2012, 08:48 AM
I always get new ideas as the Holiday season goes on. I just make notes and remember them for the next year.

ChristmasFairy
01-04-2012, 07:39 PM
I have learned a few years ago if you don't get all the decorating done that you want it really doesn't matter. I also came to that conclusion many, many years ago. It really doesn't matter ....

This year I never managed to complete my tree (the way I had envisioned it) .... as I had a bad fall and injured myself.

... there's always next year !!! :gelf:

mina553
01-04-2012, 11:11 PM
i hope your fully recovered CC

Crazymike1965
01-04-2012, 11:21 PM
well look on the bright side

The house guest is gone will she /he be back next year ?
tell them your moving hahahaha believe me i know how that feels .
poor wife .

My wife would kill me if I invited him back Mina...

I am sorry to hear about your fall CC. I had a rather nasty one in late November that I am still recovering from. It was none Christmas decorating related...

mina553
01-05-2012, 12:16 AM
Or u invited him lol .
Were u in the dog house 4 that ?
Hahah i am laughing cause i know how maddening it can be to have a house guest like that .

Crazymike1965
01-05-2012, 05:09 AM
Yes I sort of invited him and yes I ended up in the dog house :hopxmas:

mina553
01-05-2012, 05:42 AM
hahaha poor u.
but its over now we learn from these things don't we /?

ChristmasFairy
01-05-2012, 09:30 AM
I am sorry to hear about your fall CC. I had a rather nasty one in late November that I am still recovering from. It was none Christmas decorating related...Thank you Mike .... Sorry to hear about yours too. Mine was also non-Christmas related. A couple of fractured ribs ... but I'm fine now ...

ChristmasFairy
01-05-2012, 09:34 AM
i hope your fully recovered CC I am thank you Mina ..... it's 'business as usual' ... Haha!!

Getting ready to tackle the job of putting all the decs away :elf2:

mina553
01-05-2012, 12:18 PM
iam happy your both fine

Crazymike1965
01-12-2012, 01:30 AM
Hello dear friends :) Well I have been taking down decorations for some time now. All of the none tree related decorations in the house, with the exception of my fancy reindeer, have been packed up. The outdoor items are down but the roof lights are still up. I will leave them on until Jan 22nd. I have taken down one of the trees. The red tree will be taken down this weekend and I will start on the big tree on Jan 22nd. I have 2 small evergreens on the front that I will keep plugged in until the end of March.
The purple tree will also be left up for another month or two.

I have already been buying more twinkle lights for the big tree and I have picked up 2 more reindeers. I have so many house projects on the go this year that I am sure time will fly by.

mina553
01-12-2012, 04:36 AM
wow Mike you sure are a busy man good luck with the stuff

Crazymike1965
01-12-2012, 04:58 AM
It is going to be a busy year Mina :)

I am also hoping to get my backyard fenced in this year and start on my pond.

I just found out that my wife and 2 of her friends are going to Bronners ( The world's largest Christmas store located in Frankenmuth, Michigan USA ) in February. Naturally I have to give them a list of items to pick up for me :presents1:

mina553
01-12-2012, 06:54 AM
i think your the king of christmas decor Mike ,
fencing your yard is the best idea ever
i have always had my property fenced with walls ,
will u be useing a fence ? or bricks

Crazymike1965
01-17-2012, 12:25 AM
I am running behind with taking down the trees. I got bronchitis
last week and have been living on my sofa for the last 5 days.

SilverBells
01-17-2012, 01:34 AM

Sorry to hear that Mike. I hope you get well soon :)

Do you still turn on the lights?

tinkerbell2
01-17-2012, 05:24 AM

Hope you get better soon, Mike...:elf3:

mina553
01-17-2012, 03:14 PM
i am so sorry mike take care of your self take time to make sure your better i my self am hardly here cause iam still coughing alot my ears throat & nose are still a mess ,
the christmas tree can wait mike ok ?

Crazymike1965
01-19-2012, 12:41 AM
Sorry to hear that Mike. I hope you get well soon :)

Do you still turn on the lights?

Thanks for the comments everyone :) Yes I still have the tree plugged in ( only using a third of the lights ) as there is another house on my street with their tree still up :) I also have my purple tree plugged in along with a set of icicyle lights that I have set up on the half wall between my family room and dining room.

mina553
01-20-2012, 08:38 AM
http://www.sadmuffin.net/cherrybam/graphics/comments-get-well-soon/get-well-soon013.gif

Sleeper
01-20-2012, 11:42 AM
Well Mike, hope you fell better and if it’s any conscience, I am just now starting to take my tree down (one of the advantages of an artificial tree LOL). I’ll keep my train up till the end of the month because the kids are having so much fun with them. :hopxmas:

Crazymike1965
01-20-2012, 11:51 PM
Thanks Sleeper :) I am going to leave the big tree up for another week. I will slowly start toi take off some of the more expensive ornaments and pack them up.

mina553
01-21-2012, 03:30 AM
how do u feel now mike ?

Crazymike1965
01-24-2012, 03:07 AM
I am finally feeling better Mina and I am starting to take down the big tree.

Crazymike1965
01-30-2012, 10:52 PM
Well the big tree has finally been packed up and is in the basement. It took me just under 10 hours to take it down and my back is a little sore. I forgot how heavy that tree was :elf1:

Sleeper
01-30-2012, 11:19 PM
Cool!

I finally got my Christmas train display put up except for one piece because I want to make a modification and need to do it now while it’s still on my mind. The old storage shed is full and barely room to move, but my living room seems almost empty now that it’s back to normal. I keep thinking I’m missing something. :elf1:

Crazymike1965
03-06-2012, 03:14 AM
Hello everyone, I cannot believe that it is already March !!!

The house looks very emtpy without all of the decorations up Sleeper. actually I still have the purple tree up but it will be taken down this coming weekend. The last set of Christmas lights in the house are a set of icycle lights which are located on the halfwall between my dining and family rooms. The Boss has not given me the order to take them down as of yet.

Speaking of the Boss ( my wife Jeannette ) she was very happy last week after receiving the electricity bill. Even after adding 1200 lights to the big tree the bill was $30 less than last year's electricity bill. That clears the way for me to add
more lights to the tree this year as well as to the rest of the house. I tried my best to be careful with switching other lights on during the Christmas season and also to not have the entire tree on until mid December which really helped.

MinnesotaMike
03-06-2012, 08:54 AM
Adding lights is ALWAYS a score!

Crazymike1965
03-06-2012, 11:18 PM
I am hoping to add another 1000 lights to the tree this year Mike...

ChristmasFairy
03-07-2012, 10:26 AM
I am hoping to add another 1000 lights to the tree this year Mike...Wow !! ... will be amazing!! That will make a grand total of how many lights Mike ?:santa2:

SilverBells
03-07-2012, 05:28 PM
How big is your Christmas decor storage room Mike?

Crazymike1965
03-08-2012, 12:06 AM
Wow !! ... will be amazing!! That will make a grand total of how many lights Mike ?:santa2:

I should be just over 7000 lights Calypso and most of the additional lights will be twinkle lights.

How big is your Christmas decor storage room Mike?

SilverBells my Christmas decor storage section in the basement ( the basement has not been finished as of yet ) is about 15 feet by 15 feet. I have a big basement ( 1400 square feet) that is mainly empty so I am able to wrap the trees up and keep them intact...other than the big tree which is stored in several pieces. I try to keep the branches loose and in the coming years I might be able to store the tree with the majority of the lights intact. This would save me so much time setting up and taking down the tree.

Crazymike1965
07-04-2012, 03:20 AM
Hello from Ontario Canada :)

The weather out here as in many parts of the midwestern Canada and US has been scorching. Hard to believe that we are half way through 2012.

SilverBells
07-04-2012, 03:24 AM
Hello from Ontario Canada :)

The weather out here as in many parts of the midwestern Canada and US has been scorching. Hard to believe that we are half way through 2012.

Hello Mike :) Good to see you. You're back on time. The forum was down for almost 2 weeks and we thought it was shutting down or something.
Indeed we are half way through 2012. Closer to next Christmas than the last. Cool huh? :xmaswink:

Crazymike1965
07-04-2012, 03:31 AM
Hi SB :) yes it appears that my timing was good then :singing:

Yes I must admit that I have been doing some planing. I am on vacation the second week of November to start working on the tree and my wife is panning a trip to Bronners. I wil be providing her with a list of stuff to bring back :)

SilverBells
07-04-2012, 03:45 AM

Yes I must admit that I have been doing some planing. I am on vacation the second week of November to start working on the tree and my wife is panning a trip to Bronners. I wil be providing her with a list of stuff to bring back :)

Sounds like a good plan :elf3:

tinkerbell2
07-04-2012, 05:01 PM

Sounds like you've got it all sorted...:elf3:

Crazymike1965
08-29-2012, 03:47 AM
Hello everyone :) I cannot believe that it is almost September. 2012 is flying by. About 9 weeks to go until the mayhem begins again :)

tinkerbell2
08-29-2012, 04:01 AM
Hello everyone :) I cannot believe that it is almost September. 2012 is flying by. About 9 weeks to go until the mayhem begins again :)

Hi, Mike..:waving: I will be looking forward to seeing your beautiful tree's as it
gives me inspiration when I'm doing mine...:christmastree: They are fantastic..:elf3:

SilverBells
08-29-2012, 05:10 AM
Hi, Mike..:waving: I will be looking forward to seeing your beautiful tree's as it
gives me inspiration when I'm doing mine...:christmastree: They are fantastic..:elf3:

Me too :)

ornamentmaven
08-29-2012, 09:27 AM
Me Three!

ChantelleJoy
08-29-2012, 01:02 PM

I'm hoping to take a trip to Bronners myself this year as well (perhaps for my Birthday, late November!).

As always, looking forward to your tree(s)!

Crazymike1965
08-31-2012, 02:15 AM
I have a much bigger budget than last year for Christmas upgrades so I looking forward to November :)

ornamentmaven
08-31-2012, 02:21 AM
I have a much bigger budget than last year for Christmas upgrades so I looking forward to November :)

Wow - I can't wait!

Moley
08-31-2012, 06:35 PM
I know that LED lighting is energy efficient, but how do you brace yourself for your next utility/power bill?

ChristmasFairy
08-31-2012, 06:46 PM

Wow!! .... can't wait to see your new purchases Mike...
:santa2:

ChristmasFairy
08-31-2012, 06:49 PM
Me Three!

Me ... Four !!

*Snowflake*
08-31-2012, 09:37 PM
Me ... Four !!

me five:elf1:

Crazymike1965
09-01-2012, 12:31 AM
I know that LED lighting is energy efficient, but how do you brace yourself for your next utility/power bill?

I do not use any LED lights in the big tree TM :)

I plan for a $500 to $1000 bill every holiday season and I am adding more lights this year.

mina553
09-01-2012, 05:33 AM
Wow!! .... can't wait to see your new purchases Mike...
:santa2:
hey Calypso Christmas how yuh been hi mole waving @ yuh !:santa2::presents3: