PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a movie you/your family watch every year as a tradition??

christmasislove
08-21-2011, 09:17 PM
We watch Christmas Vacation every year! We also really love The Family Stone! :christmastree:What about your family?

MinnesotaMike
08-21-2011, 10:07 PM
We watch pretty much ALL of them as the season progresses. However, one tradition we have is that we always put up the tree on the day after Thanksgiving. Then, after it's up, we watch Polar Express while my wife makes her homemade hot chocolate. We always drink it when it gets to the "hot chocolate" scene in the movie.

tinkerbell2
08-21-2011, 10:36 PM
Definitely this one...

ornamentmaven
08-22-2011, 01:37 AM
I start watching Christmas movies by October at the latest. Dont watch anything special on Christmas Eve as it's late by the time everyone leaves. When the kids were small, we would set out cookies and milk for Santa and I would always read "The Night Before Christmas" just before I'd send them to bed. After what seemed to take forever, they would fall asleep and we'd help Santa put the gifts under the tree (and eat the cookies)!

*Snowflake*
08-22-2011, 01:55 AM
not really but we always watch movies on Tv around Christmas, this is usually Home alone,Christmas with the Kranks or Santa Claus :elf3: and I watch The Polar express on DVD:elf1:

leah
08-22-2011, 04:02 AM
The Santa Claus, Christmas Vacation, Elf.... I of course watch more than those, haha, but those are the three my family watches mainly.

Elvira1986
08-22-2011, 09:27 PM
We always watch A muppet Christmas Carol and It's a wonderful life. Love those movies.

SilverBells
08-23-2011, 03:33 AM
The Polar Express and A Christmas Carol for sure. And anything else that comes along.:home:

mikaldinho
08-26-2011, 09:12 PM
The Polar express is a family favourite all year round in my house!

Closer to the big day we normally watch the entire Santa Clause film collection (got the box set), as well as any that are on TV :)

olga
08-27-2011, 05:22 AM
Every year, The Muppet Christmas Carol, is the film that we always watch, after having decorated the tree, first day of November.
Lying on the sofa, enjoying a glass of red wine, with lights twinkling...

*Snowflake*
08-28-2011, 01:15 AM
Every year, The Muppet Christmas Carol, is the film that we always watch, after having decorated the tree, first day of November.
Lying on the sofa, enjoying a glass of red wine, with lights twinkling...

I have never watched this movie:dizzy:

stephmcuk
08-28-2011, 08:56 PM
we watch them all, we have about 15 movies we always watch to be honest

But i think the most watched is defo Elf my daughters just love it!!

omgitzdestineex
09-03-2011, 01:52 AM
We watch all of them throughout the season.
My brother & I always make it a point to watch
A Christmas Story together on Christmas Eve
though.

jingle
10-04-2011, 02:02 PM
:snowman:Personally, I would go with Scrooge(British, 1935). In the Philadelphia area they used to show John Wayne's The Three Godfathers(1948) on broadcast TV every year. It was a sorrowfull day when they ended that tradition. There was a puppet drama that included the story of the Nativity and Twas the Night before Christmas under the overall title of "The Spirit of Christmas" that was broadcast on TV(I think in Delaware)for over 40 years. Now you have to watch it on Youtube. In the New York area, Babes in Toyland(1934) and It's a Wonderful Life(1946) are seen on TV each year. The first Christmas show to be repeated anually was Amahl and the Night Visitors. Hasn't been on TV for a very long time but it's performed live in many cities throughout the U.S. still!:tree1:

TresReyes
11-09-2011, 02:09 AM
My wife isn't big on Christmas movies, but I love the following:

- Scrooged
- Bad Santa
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas
- A Charlie Brown Christmas
- A Christmas Carol (the new one with Jim Carrey was great)
- most versions of A Christmas Carol
- Christmas Vacation

ChristmasGuides
11-16-2011, 02:02 PM
My family always watches Chevy Chase's A Christmas Vacation. Its very old, but very funny and its become our tradition. We only watch it once a season though, so when we do its a great time!

ornamentmaven
11-16-2011, 10:26 PM
My family always watches Chevy Chase's A Christmas Vacation. Its very old, but very funny and its become our tradition. We only watch it once a season though, so when we do its a great time!

LOL - I think I've already seen Christmas Vacation 3 times this year! I do love watching Christmas movies. Do you ever watch any of the REAL old ones - like White Christmas or It's a Wonderful Life?

Fezziwig
11-17-2011, 06:34 AM
Me and the little man will normally watch The Santa Clause, The Santa Clause 2, and The Santa Clause 3 over each night one weekend (fri-sat-sun night respectively) We started doing it two years ago when I bought the box set have have been going since then.

It's a fun little tradition.

Fezziwig
11-17-2011, 06:35 AM
Do you ever watch any of the REAL old ones - like White Christmas or It's a Wonderful Life?

I actually watched White Christmas for the FIRST TIME last year on one of the Classic Stations .. Turner Classic Movies I think.

ChantelleJoy
11-17-2011, 06:45 AM
Me and my Brother used to watch Garfield Christmas EVERY YEAR multiple times, like every weekend in December - but now we're grown and have lived far away from eachother it happens less.

I watch a LOT of Christmas Movies every single year - Home Alone 1&2, Family Stone, Bridget Jones Diary (starts & ends at Xmas time, gimme a break!), Die Hard, Christmas with the Kranks, and lots mroe!

CATZILLA
11-18-2011, 03:28 AM
We always watch 'It's A Wonderful Life & 'A Christmas Carol'...there are others, but those are the main 2 :home:

Stacey.
11-18-2011, 04:34 AM
Not a film but we always watch The Royle Family every year when it's on at Christmas, it's like a tradition now. :')

humbugbasset
11-19-2011, 01:42 AM
I have collected over 17 versions of A Christmas Carol-including A Flintstones version and a Bugs Bunny version. I can't pick a favorite but Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol and the Alistair Sims versions are near the top. I also like the Garfield special. Most of my movies are on VHS tapes and I am slowly converting them to DVDs. My brother & I always start with the Muppet Family Christmas and my SIL loves a Muppet Christmas Carol.
Susan

flick's tongue
11-21-2011, 07:55 AM
My family watches A Christmas Story, Miracle on 34th Street, and It's a Wonderful Life every year, usually more than once.

mina553
11-21-2011, 09:04 AM
Home alone 2 & the christmas box on T B N

rambof07
09-11-2012, 03:38 PM
Ya, i have a movie which is a romantic movie (http://www.watchmoviesreel.com/Genre/Romantic) and i like to watch online (http://www.watchmoviesreel.com/) it with my family at home. The movie name is titanic it's our favorite movie all time which we love to watch together with family. It's really a beautiful romantic story. still there is lot of fan of this movie. some of my collection i am going to share here....

Casablanca
Rear Window
Forrest Gump
City Lights
North by Northwest

mina553
09-13-2012, 03:19 AM
we started it 2 years ago after christmas dinner we watch home alone 2
the grand kids n evey one comes over we have cookies n egg nog
its real fun .

angelpugs2
09-15-2012, 10:02 AM
I own so many as i've been collecting for a few years but,the main one is white christmas,then home alone 1&2,deck tha halls,the christmas gift,the christmas card,garfirld christmas,christmas with the kranks,it would take me awhile to list all that i own and watch.:santa2:53895390

ornamentmaven
09-15-2012, 04:55 PM
I watch tons of Christms movies on my own. My family may watch with me in the days before Christmas, but not as a tradition, unfortunately

*Snowflake*
09-16-2012, 04:08 PM
I watch tons of Christms movies on my own. My family may watch with me in the days before Christmas, but not as a tradition, unfortunately

same here.

Christmas_mama
09-19-2012, 09:17 PM
Has to be A Christmas Carol! They're all great but I love the version with Patrick Stewart :smitten: My girls of course love the Muppet Christmas Carol so we always watch that version as well.

As far back as I can remember, from my earliest childhood christmas memories, we always watched "Bernard and The Genie" but I can't find it on DVD (playable in UK) now and don't have a VHS player for my old copy. I do miss that tradition, I must say. I might just have to invest in a DVD player that will play international DVDs :)

Winters Song
09-22-2012, 06:30 PM
We too watch all of them but tradition is on Christmas Eve after everything settles down me,my mom & dad watch It's A Wonderful Life on NBC!:home:

Silver_Bells
09-23-2012, 03:16 PM
Hi, new here :) I don't think my family ever really *traditionally* watched anything; if we saw something on tv, we would decide to watch it.

aLEKSA.
11-28-2012, 03:06 PM
Home alone, every year :D

SilverBells
11-28-2012, 04:48 PM
The Polar Express and A Christmas Carol :merrychristmas:

ornamentmaven
11-28-2012, 09:45 PM
I have about 25 Christmas movies on DVD and I watch every one of them. If I had to pick one for Christmas Eve, it would be "Its a Wonderful Life"

steph535
11-28-2012, 10:33 PM
used to be A Christmas Carol with George C Scott. now, IF we watch a Christmas movie on Christmas Eve, it would be either that, or the version with Alistair Sim.

MartinGibbs
12-07-2012, 11:20 PM
I listen to A Christmas Carol with Lionel Barrymore. But our traditional move is normally National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Now with little kids, however, we may be switching that to A Christmas Story.

frostythesnowman
04-19-2013, 06:35 PM
miracle on 34th street (1994)

jessicayy
04-20-2013, 08:13 AM
It seems hard for my family to watch a film every year because we live in different cities. But we are going to have a nice Christmas in the year 2013. Hope this dream can come true.