PDA

View Full Version : Help needed with making my own gifts!

Shanniclause
08-19-2011, 01:32 AM
Im looking for some gift ideas for my 2 year old son and I to make for family members. Was thinking of Christmas ornaments, but wanted to see what ideas you wonderful people may have
:presents2:

*Snowflake*
08-20-2011, 01:08 AM
well for 2 year old the best gift is toy because that makes him happy the most but you can maybe give The Polar Express book,it has a lot of ilustration and it's really a great gift for the little ones and also for grown ups:elf3:You can also try to make something on your own, like jewellery box or picture:santa:

thomas.kevin
09-16-2011, 06:39 PM
I Agree with the as per the member saying the best option is Toy, hope your child will like it!!:santa1:

Merry Christmas Darling
10-11-2011, 08:12 AM
A Christmas ornament is fine. At age two, kids love battery operated toys. They push a button to activate light, sound, or motion.

Shanniclause
10-26-2011, 12:32 AM
lol, Im not looking for gifts for him. I am looking for gifts that him and I can create together to give to other family members.

tinkerbell2
10-26-2011, 12:59 AM
Ornament Dough

Make some dough

500g Plain flour
290g salt
355 ml hot water.

Mix until a nice dough, roll out use cookie cutters or you can make other things
with it.
Put in oven at 165c for an hour or until dry.

Paint ..:elf3:

Shanniclause
10-26-2011, 01:26 AM
Ornament Dough

Make some dough

500g Plain flour
290g salt
355 ml hot water.

Mix until a nice dough, roll out use cookie cutters or you can make other things
with it.
Put in oven at 165c for an hour or until dry.

Paint ..:elf3:

Brilliant idea! Thank you :elf3:

Merry Christmas Darling
11-02-2011, 08:00 AM
Im looking for some gift ideas for my 2 year old son and I to make for family members. Was thinking of Christmas ornaments, but wanted to see what ideas you wonderful people may have

I'm sorry. I should have paid closer attention to what you were asking!

He can make an impression of his hand:

http://www.littlekeepsakes.com/clay_impressions/clayimpressions.html

Five Simple Christmas Crafts to Do with Your 2-4 Year Old

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/74540/five_simple_christmas_crafts_to_do.html?cat=24

HoliSanta
11-03-2011, 01:04 AM

I make my own gifts, they are uniqe, beautiful, suitanle to everyone and not expensive, you can take a look here:
etsy.com/shop/JerusalemBliss
would love to hear what you think!
:santa:
HoliSanta :xmascandycane:

Not Long Until Christmas
11-07-2011, 07:45 PM
A personalised photo book is nice for older family and friends. You can get them printed professionally but it's still personal because you choose the pics and text.

*doesn't count as totally homemade though

For younger kids I like shortbread Christmas decorations hung on the tree with ribbons - you can personalise with icing messages.

MockingBird
11-10-2011, 09:29 PM
Gift can be soft toy design it on paper first then chose a cloth you want to use and cut the cloth according to the design fill stuff in the cloth after stitching it .This will be a nice Christmas gift for your child on Christmas as a mother.