PDA

View Full Version : What is a better gift?

Hanifa Dungarwalla
10-28-2008, 04:07 PM
Do you think it is better to spend money on a gift? - something that someone can keep for years to come OR do you think it is better to buy someone an "experience day" gift - something that they can do with you that they can keep as a MEMORY for the years to come?

Personally I'm more partial to the experience day gift idea.... it's something that you can do with other people, something to remember and a great way to share stories in the future. A material gift serves the purpose of providing a constant reminder of the person who bought the gift.... but talking about an experience can keep the memory alive for years in the future!

:christmastree: :snowman: :christmastree: :snowman: :christmastree: :snowman: :christmastree: :snowman: :christmastree:

onemagicalchristmas
10-28-2008, 06:51 PM
THat's a good question. I think an experience with someone serves to remind and creat memories but some gifts given with love can do the same thing. I am not sure which I would prefer to give. I love spending time with people and sharing stories as well. So I guess my answer would be experience as a gift
:tree::jumping:

Regina
10-31-2008, 01:36 PM
For me it would really depend on who I was buying for :)

noelglori
10-31-2008, 02:10 PM
Yes, I think it would depend on the person who is to receive the gift.

Some people can buy themselves anything but they won't take the time to go somewhere like out to eat or to experience and day out as you put it. So then I would get them the "experience the day out" gift.
But if they are homebodies and love being home and appreciate homey gifts then I would get them the homey gift.

RedVelvetCake
11-03-2008, 10:34 PM
Well, couldn't you do both?

I would emphasize the gift of "experiencing a special day," then at the end of the day, I would give the person a small gift. The small gift then becomes a memento OF that day.

Everyone wins.

onemagicalchristmas
11-04-2008, 12:45 AM
Well, couldn't you do both?

I would emphasize the gift of "experiencing a special day," then at the end of the day, I would give the person a small gift. The small gift then becomes a memento OF that day.

Everyone wins.

I like that Idea. Maybe I will do this for my parents next year so I can put a lot of thought into what we can do! I have already taken care of this year.

Aggie Nation
11-07-2008, 02:36 AM
I personally enjoy experience gifts...it's like you're opening one big present all day long :)

onemagicalchristmas
11-08-2008, 01:54 AM
Any ideas on what I can do for my elderly parents. They are not big on shopping but dinner sounds good. presents

Shinok87
11-19-2008, 07:52 AM
it depends on the situation. christmas in itself is an experience so i think in that situation go with something cute like a necklace or something involving pictures, shadow boxes are always winners with girls.