PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Crooners

PumpkinJack81
10-27-2008, 04:55 PM
I love listening to the classic Christmas songs by the old "crooners" from back when. Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Peggy Lee, Perry Como...There are so many that I love to listen to. Do you have a particular artist or artists that you enjoy listening to?

Sean
10-27-2008, 08:03 PM
No one in paticular but i def love the list you have posted jack. :carols:

onemagicalchristmas
10-27-2008, 08:29 PM
I love frank sinatra. I have a christmas lamppost that sing in his voice.:snowman:

noelglori
10-28-2008, 10:57 AM
Bing Crosby; Dean Martin; Judy Garland; Doris Day.

I remember the Perry Como show, he just stood there and sang and people loved it. He was so easy going and natural when performing. Bing Crosby had the same ability, so did Dean Martin. They all just had the voice, the talent, they didn't need no flash. They were truly singer/performers whom people loved.

onemagicalchristmas
10-28-2008, 07:02 PM
that is so true I love the CHristmas songs by Bing Crosby, Perry COme and Fraqnk Sinatra the best. I also like Jose Feliciano's Feliz Navidad! :tree:

PumpkinJack81
10-28-2008, 08:09 PM
No one in paticular but i def love the list you have posted jack. :carols:

Glad to hear of another crooner fan. :carols:

PumpkinJack81
10-28-2008, 08:09 PM
I love frank sinatra. I have a christmas lamppost that sing in his voice.:snowman:

I'd like to see that!

PumpkinJack81
10-28-2008, 08:10 PM
Bing Crosby; Dean Martin; Judy Garland; Doris Day.

I remember the Perry Como show, he just stood there and sang and people loved it. He was so easy going and natural when performing. Bing Crosby had the same ability, so did Dean Martin. They all just had the voice, the talent, they didn't need no flash. They were truly singer/performers whom people loved.

Judy Garland's version of "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" is my absolute favorite! :D Doris Day is also wonderful, as well as Rosemary Clooney. I love their voices! :love:

noelglori
10-29-2008, 03:12 PM
I have the "Meet Me in St. Louis" dvd where Judy sings the song and I also have it on a Christmas CD

I have Rosemary Clooney singing with Bing, Danny Kaye and Vera Ellen on a Bing Crosby Christmas CD and they are singing the song "Snow" from White Christmas. I also have the White Christmas dvd.

I have been a Bing Crosby fan since I was a teen, when other girls were going crazy over the Beatles, I was listening to my Bing records.

PumpkinJack81
10-29-2008, 04:19 PM
I have the "Meet Me in St. Louis" dvd where Judy sings the song and I also have it on a Christmas CD

I have Rosemary Clooney singing with Bing, Danny Kaye and Vera Ellen on a Bing Crosby Christmas CD and they are singing the song "Snow" from White Christmas. I also have the White Christmas dvd.

I have been a Bing Crosby fan since I was a teen, when other girls were going crazy over the Beatles, I was listening to my Bing records.

Bing Crosby is wonderful! His White Christmas album is one of my favorite Christmas albums! :carols: And the movie is wonderful too!

txsnowgirl
10-31-2008, 12:20 AM
All that everyone has mentioned so far. Also, Nat King Cole, Elvis, Burl Ives and Brenda Lee.:carols:

onemagicalchristmas
10-31-2008, 03:59 AM
I like Marshmallow World by Brenda Lee. I have a cd of Nat king Cole and friends
got it at a thrift store for $1 and I love it!

noelglori
11-01-2008, 11:46 AM
And Brenda Lee singing "Rockin Around the Christmas Tree", is the best version of that song.

Theresa Cunningham
11-01-2008, 06:29 PM
I have 30 different christmas cd's plus about a dozen i've made..I have every crooner album out there I LOVE it all. If anyone needs a song let me know I'll email it to you..my son is the one who burned them for me off of my limewire subscription:singing:

onemagicalchristmas
11-02-2008, 12:01 AM
I have limewire too I love burning my own music. I have 11 christmas cds

some are boughten others I have made myself.

M.W.
11-02-2008, 11:29 PM
I love listening to the classic Christmas songs by the old "crooners" from back when. Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Peggy Lee, Perry Como...There are so many that I love to listen to. Do you have a particular artist or artists that you enjoy listening to?

I'm a huge fan of the classic crooners, also.

Some faves:

Frank Sinatra
-"Mistletoe and Holly"
-"The Christmas Waltz"

Dean Martin
-"Baby, It's Cold Outside"
-"Marshmallow World"

Nat King Cole
-"The Christmas Song" (of course)

"Roger Whitaker
-"The Holly and the Ivy"
-"Christmas is Here Again"

Andy Williams
-"The Most Wonderful Time of the Year"
-"Happy Holiday / The Holiday Season"

Johnny Mathis
-"It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas"

Tony Bennett
-"Snowfall"

and many more...

One type of Christmas music I've been paying a lot of attention to, and listening to, are the older classical songs, and the carols of the Baroque Era and 16th and 17th Centuries. Many are relatively obscure, but they are really hidden gems. It's like being introduced to a brand of music you never knew existed. Depending on the mood, I'll either be listening to Gene Autry singing " Rudolph", or the Eugene Ormandy Orchestra's arrangement of "Jesus, Joy of Man's Desiring". It adds an entirely new dimension to the season.

And, I feel few songs capture the entirety of the season much better than the songs that make up "The Nutcracker".

Good stuff. :tree:

M.W.
11-02-2008, 11:31 PM
By the way, all Christmas CDs are burnt to my computer hard drive. I just checked, and it says I have 50.4 hours of "Christmas music".

That should do...for now.

ladyice
11-02-2008, 11:37 PM
I do too.

Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin & Perry Como... I love the old singers :)

onemagicalchristmas
11-02-2008, 11:49 PM
I don't have any saved in my pc but hopefully tomorrow I will find an mp3 player to put mine all on. I am praying they aren't all sold out yet by then!:presents2:

humordirect
11-16-2008, 02:24 AM

Nat King Cole

Noel
11-23-2008, 07:49 PM
Nat King Cole

my favourite album is "Christmas with Louis Armstrong and friends" (issued in 1993). I have 4 xmas crooners albums, and yesterday, i bought "jazz christmas" and "the best of christmas : 75 originals recording":carols:

jakkijelene
10-02-2009, 06:04 AM
Along with all that you mentioned, Andy Williams and Ella Fitzgerald are biggies for me as well! Harry Connick Jr., John Pizzarelli and Diane Krall are modern day crooners with good Christmas albums too!

ChristmasFanatic
10-02-2009, 01:34 PM
How very cool to see so many fans of the classic 'crooners'. I grew up listening to these on my parent's albums and to be, they personify that Christmas feeling. My youngest brother and I have been comparing Christmas CDs and such and I send him songs he doesn't have and he does the same for me.

olga
10-02-2009, 05:23 PM
How very cool to see so many fans of the classic 'crooners'. I grew up listening to these on my parent's albums and to be, they personify that Christmas feeling. My youngest brother and I have been comparing Christmas CDs and such and I send him songs he doesn't have and he does the same for me.

Well, I can join you and you can send me all the songs I do not have!! :gelf::gelf:

ChristmasFanatic
10-02-2009, 11:00 PM
Well, I can join you and you can send me all the songs I do not have!! :gelf::gelf:

Sure! :candycane1:

devoy26
10-04-2009, 12:58 PM
i like bing crosbie and david bowie singing the little drummer boy. frank sinatras silent night is wonderful too.

ChristmasFanatic
10-04-2009, 11:41 PM
i like bing crosbie and david bowie singing the little drummer boy. frank sinatras silent night is wonderful too.

I think Bing and David Bowie singing that was part of the last Bing Christmas special...I can't remember if he'd even passed away before that aired, but it is a great version. :singing:

Papa_Christmas
11-17-2009, 02:48 AM
I love all those you mentioned but one of my favorites has always been Nat King Cole.

ornamentmaven
11-19-2009, 01:02 AM
Love Bing Crosby's Christmas music!

ChantelleJoy
11-19-2009, 05:19 AM
I agree with devoy26 and christmasfantastic, of the crooners Bing & David Bowie has got to be one of my tops.

However, hands down, it's just not Christmas without Frank Sinatra's "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas".

:carols:

olga
04-30-2010, 03:52 PM
Dean Martin also!! The Christmas blues.. What a great song!!

http://www.payless.com.au/data/images/119

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0Zx8c55f7Y

ornamentmaven
05-01-2010, 02:49 AM
I'd love to get this CD. My Mom always played their music!

gummgirl
05-06-2010, 02:29 AM
I have a cd titled Sentimental Christmas(I bought it at Kohl's last November) it contains Judy Garland, Ella Fitzgerald, Bing Crosby and others. It's a really good cd.

Elf_Erv
05-25-2010, 04:20 AM
I grew up with Perry Como, Bing, Dean Martin, Nat King Cole Christmas music. My parents had many of their Christmas albums and we played them over and over. I'd much rather listen this stuff than the modern Christmas music which nearly every artist seems to have a Christmas cd

Caninemom3
05-25-2010, 06:26 AM
I grew up with Perry Como, Bing, Dean Martin, Nat King Cole Christmas music. My parents had many of their Christmas albums and we played them over and over. I'd much rather listen this stuff than the modern Christmas music which nearly every artist seems to have a Christmas cd

I also grew up with all those same singers, Erv. Nat is my very favorite but I also love Bing, Perry and Dean. I do like Harry Connick Jr.'s Christmas albums a lot also.

:home: