PDA

View Full Version : Questions for the ADMINs - POST YOUR QUESTIONS HERE

PumpkinJack81
11-05-2007, 02:30 PM
Post your forum questions here.

PumpkinJack81
11-05-2007, 02:30 PM
I have just a couple of quick questions:

1) Will we later have the option to have our own avatar?

2) Can we add small pictures to our signatures?

3) Would it be possible to get new smilies?

AllThingsChristmas
11-05-2007, 02:46 PM
Hi PumpkinJack81

Thanks your questions.

Our chrimstmas forum is still brand new, but we will try to give you more options in the comming days.

Merry christmas from

Allthingschristmas.com

PumpkinJack81
11-05-2007, 03:20 PM
Hi PumpkinJack81

Thanks your questions.

Our chrimstmas forum is still brand new, but we will try to give you more options in the comming days.

Merry christmas from

Allthingschristmas.com

Sounds good to me!

Thanks again for creating this happy holiday place! :D

PumpkinJack81
11-05-2007, 07:52 PM
3) Would it be possible to get new smilies?

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!

santa waving tree dizzy

LT1Caprice57L
11-06-2007, 01:45 AM
I too am wondering if we're going to be able to have at least our own avatars.

cmrobert
11-06-2007, 05:27 AM
I too am wondering if we're going to be able to have at least our own avatars.

Hi. You already can have your own avatar. Go to User CP then avatar and upload one.

Oliver
11-07-2007, 04:11 PM
I dont think that we could have avatars when first joined the forum. I didnt know that this software had an option to disable them.

It does not matter now, everyone has avatars and we are all happy.

Best Wishes
Oliver

PumpkinJack81
11-07-2007, 05:22 PM
I dont think that we could have avatars when first joined the forum. I didnt know that this software had an option to disable them.

It does not matter now, everyone has avatars and we are all happy.

Best Wishes
Oliver

You are correct Oliver... The option to enable avatars was not initially chosen, but we are all glad it has since been. :) It's fun to see everyone's personality show through their avatars.

cavaliers60
12-11-2007, 08:51 PM
nevermind. I see it now.

Noel
12-26-2007, 04:04 PM
I was just wondering if "allthingschristmas.com " is to last all year long ?
And what about the forum, will it close ?

AllThingsChristmas
12-27-2007, 08:23 AM
Hi Noel

Both allthingschristmas.com and the forum will stay all year long and we will keep posting christmas news in the blog. Allthingschristmas will grow with even more pages, information and new exciting features in the comming months. :kinky elf:

Best

Allthingschristmas.com

PumpkinJack81
12-28-2007, 03:09 AM
I was just wondering if "allthingschristmas.com " is to last all year long ?
And what about the forum, will it close ?

Hi Noel

Both allthingschristmas.com and the forum will stay all year long and we will keep posting christmas news in the blog. Allthingschristmas will grow with even more pages, information and new exciting features in the comming months. :kinky elf:

Best

Allthingschristmas.com

That's right Noel! So be sure to stick around even now that Christmas is over because we'll still be having Christmasy fun here! :waving:

onemagicalchristmas
10-31-2008, 11:57 PM
can we share other websites amongst our selves or is it prohibited here.

PumpkinJack81
11-01-2008, 03:21 AM
can we share other websites amongst our selves or is it prohibited here.

What did you have in mind? If there is a website that relates to a topic or thread, then by all means share it. We just have to be careful of spam advertising.

Christmas Queen
11-17-2008, 12:03 AM
How can we get a countdown ticker under our signature?:confused:

PumpkinJack81
11-20-2008, 12:47 PM
How can we get a countdown ticker under our signature?:confused:

Hi Christmas Queen, :waving:

I'm sorry I haven't replied to your question yet...There are a few sites you can use to create a countdown ticker. The one in my signature is from TickerFactory: www.tickerfactory.com (http://www.tickerfactory.com). Another good site is TickerCentral: www.tickercentral.com (http://www.tickercentral.com). Both have step-by-step instructions that are easy to follow.

Hope that helps!
Bob, Forum Moderator :snowman:

onemagicalchristmas
11-20-2008, 10:56 PM
thanks for the web links I will have to check them out!

Xmasdude
02-28-2009, 04:23 PM
if we get avatar were will it be?by are pics?
also hi everyone just came:merrychristmas::santa-smiley:

Xmasdude
02-28-2009, 04:28 PM
how do you get a signature?:santa1::merrychristmas:

Xmasdude
02-28-2009, 04:30 PM
you know misltoe? she is a relative of mine.

PumpkinJack81
03-12-2009, 02:19 PM
if we get avatar were will it be?by are pics?
also hi everyone just came:merrychristmas::santa-smiley:

I see that you already have an avatar, but I wanted to share a website with you where you can look for Christmas avatars:

http://www.avatarist.com/avatars/Various/Holidays/Christmas/

They also have lots of other avatars to search for if you have a favorite sport, movie or cartoon character you'd rather have.

PumpkinJack81
03-12-2009, 02:20 PM
you know misltoe? she is a relative of mine.

Yes, I know your aunt. :D

Christmasplease
08-21-2009, 06:45 PM
Yes, I know your aunt. :D

Hi, I'm having trouble getting my Avatar to my page.:dizzy:

PumpkinJack81
09-05-2009, 10:55 AM
Hi, I'm having trouble getting my Avatar to my page.:dizzy:

Sorry I'm just now seeing this, but it looks like you have an avatar now. I hope someone helped answer your question since I haven't been around lately! By the way, welcome! :waving:

olga
09-05-2009, 10:57 AM
Hey, Jack!!!! We missed you!!! Hope you are ok!!!

PumpkinJack81
09-05-2009, 10:59 AM
Hey, Jack!!!! We missed you!!! Hope you are ok!!!

Hello there! :waving: I know, sorry I've been away for so long...I'll post an update as to what's been going on ASAP. :jack:

Christmasplease
09-05-2009, 02:25 PM
Hi Pumpkinjack, welcome back!:waving:

Christmasplease
09-06-2009, 12:32 AM
I know some sights do Christmas ornament and Christmas card exchanges. Is there anything like that here?:presents2:

tinkerbell2
11-26-2009, 04:20 AM
I know some sights do Christmas ornament and Christmas card exchanges. Is there anything like that here?:presents2:

That is a good idea..:elf3:

ChantelleJoy
11-26-2009, 08:49 AM

There's sort of a Christmas Card Exchange going on here:
http://allthingschristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1808

:merrychristmas:

tinkerbell2
11-26-2009, 07:05 PM
There's sort of a Christmas Card Exchange going on here:
http://allthingschristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1808

Yeah, had seen it but wasn't sure whether it was legit as they say..:christmastree:

ChantelleJoy
11-26-2009, 07:42 PM
Yeah, had seen it but wasn't sure whether it was legit as they say..:christmastree:

You think that people would be more comfortable if someone a little more trustworthy were running it?
Say... a MOD?
I'm just saying that having a card exchange is a great idea - or even a Secret Santa, maybe, I don't know if it's too late to start something up at this stage, but maybe I'll post something this weekend to see if people are interested.

tinkerbell2
11-26-2009, 07:43 PM
You think that people would be more comfortable if someone a little more trustworthy were running it?
Say... a MOD?
I'm just saying that having a card exchange is a great idea - or even a Secret Santa, maybe, I don't know if it's too late to start something up at this stage, but maybe I'll post something this weekend to see if people are interested.

Yes that sounds like a good idea..:elf3:

Well i'll be in if it gets going..:elf1:

SnowAngel
11-27-2009, 01:42 AM
I'm planning to send out my Christmas cards early next week (so behind, I know), so I could probably send another couple of cards out in the exchange.

ornamentmaven
11-28-2009, 02:44 AM
My old Christmas forum had an exchange with about 70 members participating. The cut off for participation was very early in November. So we are very late getting organized with this - particularly for sending international cards!

ezb1
11-29-2009, 08:54 AM
A question for the moderators --
Since I am a first-time user to this forum, I prefer to not get 'permanently banned' for posting a link.
However, I wish to ask permission.
Again this Christmas, the manufacturers are advertising products and then not supplying stores with enough product to meet the demand. This causes a lot of frustration among shoppers because new shipments sell out very quickly.
I have access to free on-line software that can help your members find hard-to-find and/or out-of-stock merchandise at Amazon.
The software checks stock every 5 seconds and rings a bell on the searcher's computer when new stock arrives. This puts searchers who use this software about 90 seconds ahead of most other programs that check Amazon stock -- which gives them a better chance of getting what they want at retail prices.
Yes, I earn a small commission when people buy through that link. As you may know, Amazon's commissions are in dimes and quarters -- so, yes, the commissions are really small.
But this could help your people get what they want.
May I post this link?

AllThingsChristmas
11-30-2009, 07:03 AM
Its best to post a relevant link when you have written several relevant posts. Seven or more posts. Also please write some info about the link (like above) before you are posting.

Thanks

Allthingschristmas.com

steph535
11-30-2009, 12:43 PM
how soon after reporting a spammer does it normally take to either get rid of the offending posts or ban the spammer? Just wondering because I just reported some of Kathleen422's posts. This spammer has many spam/advertising messages on the new posts page right now. I don't know about anyone else, but I feel angry when I see posts like this. Thanks so much , allthingschristmas, for all your hard work and for this wonderful site.

ChantelleJoy
11-30-2009, 03:51 PM
how soon after reporting a spammer does it normally take to either get rid of the offending posts or ban the spammer? Just wondering because I just reported some of Kathleen422's posts. This spammer has many spam/advertising messages on the new posts page right now. I don't know about anyone else, but I feel angry when I see posts like this. Thanks so much , allthingschristmas, for all your hard work and for this wonderful site.

Steph, thanks for reporting, This user's posts have been deleted and they've been banned.
I'm sorry, I'm trying to stay on top of these, but sometimes it takes a little time, as we're not always online. Thanks for your help though, reporting posts like those really helps me out.
(And yet, I get angry too!)

:elf3:

steph535
11-30-2009, 10:00 PM
Chantelle, there is no apology needed. You took care of it very fast, I would say. And when I asked how long it would take to remove the posts/ban the person, it was not with the attitude of 'gee-what's-taking-you-guys-so-long.' I mean, I had literally just reported her and it would have been ridiculously unrealistic and impatient of me to expect it to already have been taken care of. So, thanks so very much for taking care of the problem so quickly. And thanks for your post.

tinkerbell2
12-01-2009, 06:42 PM
Question.......dont suppose we could have some weather related smilies and ones
to say Hello as well.
Please,:smitten::smitten:

angelpugs
12-01-2009, 07:42 PM
here are a couple of good sites to get christmas smiles and other graphics as well,i get alot of mine from those.:santa2::merrychristmas:

olga
01-06-2010, 01:04 AM
Well, I dont know whats going on.. When I join the forum from work, all colors in AllThings Christmas are normal.
When I go home and join forum from my pc, there is a dark red color, that makes it really difficult to see clearly..
Could you please check this out?

Thank you.

ornamentmaven
01-06-2010, 03:14 AM
I have dark colors on my PC as well - very difficlt to read!

olga
01-06-2010, 09:45 PM
Yes, its very difficult, indeed.
Lets hope this problem will be taken care of.

AllThingsChristmas
01-10-2010, 01:52 AM
Can you please send a screendump of both colors to contact@allthingschristmas.com ?

Then we will fix it.

Thanks

Allthingschristmas.com

AllThingsChristmas
01-11-2010, 02:04 AM
Also please tell us wich OS you are using and the browser.

Thanks

olga
01-11-2010, 05:37 AM
Thanks, Im sending you an email right away.

AllThingsChristmas
01-11-2010, 05:59 AM
Thanks to a mail from Olga, things should be back to normal now. :) It whas a problem in IE, not in Firefox. Tell us if you still experience problems with the colors.

Thanks

Allthingschristmas.com

olga
01-11-2010, 04:59 PM
Well, both web browsers seem just fine to me, when joining the forum. Hope everyone else is also ok.

Thank you for taking care of the problem. I really appreciate it.

ornamentmaven
01-13-2010, 11:33 AM
Thanks for fixing the problem

olga
01-13-2010, 04:16 PM
Hello, I think there is something wrong again with IE. :confused:

The menu bar (Register, Today Posts, Calendar, Search etc..) should be red with white letters, just as it was before.
I've noticed that when I click on Quick Links for example, I can not see very clearly the sub categories.. Could you check this out please?
Firefox seems to me ok. :elf3:

I also noticed that 2 things are missing from IE, the one is about becoming a fan of AllthingsChristmas at Facebook and the other that welcomes people to Christmas forum.

Thanks for your time, again :rolleyes:

lalblue
01-15-2010, 08:47 PM
Hi
Not sure if this is an issue or not but i keep getting an email message from a "Ladyadministrator" at allthingschristmas saying i have a virus on my comp and directing me to another website to sort it out. I see this person is new to join here and not posted anything so is this a scam? I havn't been on for a while so don't know how they would get my details other than trawlling the pages here.

tinkerbell2
01-15-2010, 08:49 PM
Hi
Not sure if this is an issue or not but i keep getting an email message from a "Ladyadministrator" at allthingschristmas saying i have a virus on my comp and directing me to another website to sort it out. I see this person is new to join here and not posted anything so is this a scam? I havn't been on for a while so don't know how they would get my details other than trawlling the pages here.

She has got to me as well....I just deleted them..:elf1:

lalblue
01-15-2010, 08:52 PM
She has got to me as well....I just deleted them..:elf1:

Hopefully mods see this and delete her then, thanks for your reply :elf1:

tinkerbell2
01-15-2010, 08:54 PM
Hopefully mods see this and delete her then, thanks for your reply :elf1:

Hopefully they will.....:elf3: and your welcome..

AllThingsChristmas
01-16-2010, 01:41 AM
We have deleted Ladyadministrator. Please dont trust any mails/messages about virus unless you know the sender!

olga
02-10-2010, 05:12 PM
Hello, is there something wrong with p.m.s?
Because they seem to have disappeared.

And could you please do something about all those who definitely dont love Christmas, log in and advertise everything they have, destroying our threads?
Its so annoying!!!

Thanks

olga
02-10-2010, 06:18 PM
Lady admin is in again!! With name ForumTeamSupports

She is in right now.

AllThingsChristmas
02-10-2010, 08:27 PM
Hi,

Thanks for your fast respons.

We have deleted the user named ForumTeamSupports. We have disabled PM to prevent virus attacks, but now it should be possible to use PM again.

We are still not 100% sure we have prevented virus PMs, so please tell us if you receive something virus related.

Thanks

Allthingschristmas

olga
02-11-2010, 03:40 AM
We all appreciate for your taking care of the problem.

Thanks

tinkerbell2
02-11-2010, 06:09 AM
We all appreciate for your taking care of the problem.

Thanks

Yes.....Thankyou....! :elf3:

olga
04-27-2010, 04:37 PM
good quality car accessory .please contact my MSN zhiling-hailang@qq.com.

Please, lets all keep that thread, with questions that had to do with our forum. :carols:

olga
09-30-2010, 02:18 AM
Me and some other members have noticed, that, something is probably happening and everything here, goes really slow...
Could you please check it out??

Thank you in advance.. :santa:

Home alone 2
09-30-2010, 03:52 AM
Me and some other members have noticed, that, something is probably happening and everything here, goes really slow...
Could you please check it out??

Thank you in advance.. :santa:

Oh well thank God it's not just me. I thought I was the only one .

ornamentmaven
09-30-2010, 04:25 AM
Me too, but I was having trouble with Facebook as well!

Home alone 2
09-30-2010, 04:42 AM
Looks like the main page is being updated , it now says "Welcome to All Things Christmas 2010" instead of "Welcome to All Things Christmas 2009" Which it said the other day. And were the snowflakes on the main page always there? Never noticed them before...

MissSantaClaus
10-02-2010, 09:59 PM
What's wrong with the forum ?

MissSantaClaus
10-04-2010, 02:26 PM
To AllThingsChristmas: Can you please make it right soon? Slow loading, spammers ...

ornamentmaven
10-04-2010, 07:39 PM
Also, it was signing me off every few minutes last night

Xmas Annie
10-05-2010, 01:58 PM
I thought it was just my computer... I cleaned off my cookies but it's still loading a little slow. When I click on the forums "quick links" to preview daily posts, the page appears blank, yet the loading prompt says "done"...

ChantelleJoy
10-05-2010, 03:56 PM
Hey Everyone,

I wanted to let you know that I personally wasn't experiencing any issues on my home computer (I use Firefox Browswer), but tried using the forum on my work computer (using Internet Explorer) and cannot believe how terrible the load time is! It takes several minutes (more than 2 minutes!) to load each page!!!

I have contacted the Admin and hopefully they'll be able to look into the problem and get back to us shortly!

Thanks for your cooperation in the meantime. Obviously we'll want this fixed before the end of the month and the Season really kicks off!!!

:)

Hang in there!

Chantelle (FORUM MOD)

tinkerbell2
10-06-2010, 12:07 AM
Hi,

I am using Firefox and it is still loading so painfully slow too..

Hope it gets fixed soon....:smitten:

Thankyou..

steph535
10-06-2010, 02:24 AM
I have been using google chrome and it has been slow loading, as well.

Home alone 2
10-06-2010, 02:56 AM
Things seem to be getting faster again for me. It's still slow but not as slow as it was before.

SilverBells
10-06-2010, 02:59 AM
Things seem to be getting faster again for me. It's still slow but not as slow as it was before.

Same here.

ornamentmaven
10-06-2010, 08:42 AM
Same!

olga
10-06-2010, 02:40 PM
Very very slow for me and no matter what O.S. I use, forum is still running sooooo slow..

Hope everything will soon be fixed..

AllThingsChristmas
10-07-2010, 12:37 AM
We are working hard to solve this issue!

Home alone 2
10-07-2010, 12:52 AM
We are working hard to solve this issue!

Everything is now back to normal for me . Everything is super fast. Thank you for the hard work.

AllThingsChristmas
10-07-2010, 12:52 AM
Problem solved. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Allthingschristmas.com

tinkerbell2
10-07-2010, 01:01 AM

Allthingschristmas.com

Thankyou...:elf3:

SilverBells
10-07-2010, 01:16 AM
Yay :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

olga
10-07-2010, 01:38 AM

Allthingschristmas.com

Oh, it was so difficult to keep posting.. :elf2:
I really wanna thank you, for fixing the problem!! :yahoo:

:santa:

MissSantaClaus
10-07-2010, 04:09 PM
Thanks.

ChantelleJoy
10-07-2010, 04:46 PM
:elf3:

Everything is back to normal here too!

Horray.

Thanks for your patience everyone! :)
Glad we're back up to full speed again - Xmas is practically just around the corner!!!

tinkerbell2
01-21-2011, 09:23 PM
Is there any chance of getting some new smilies......:elf3:

Ones for the weather would be nice....:elf1::elf1::elf1:

Tink.....

SilverBells
01-23-2011, 04:06 AM
Is there any chance of getting some new smilies......:elf3:

Ones for the weather would be nice....:elf1::elf1::elf1:

Tink.....

Excellent idea Tink :elf3::elf3::elf3:

SnowAngel
01-24-2011, 11:59 PM
I like that...weather smilies, how adorable.

angelpugs2
01-25-2011, 07:02 PM
that would be nice as would easter smiles as that's usually a big day for everyone and it makes things festive.

tinkerbell2
01-27-2011, 12:51 AM
that would be nice as would easter smiles as that's usually a big day for everyone and it makes things festive.

Good Idea angelpugs..:elf3:

angelpugs2
01-27-2011, 05:16 AM
thanks tink glad you like that idea as most of my sites have ones like that and their fun for everyone.Hope we can get them they have so many nice ones.

tinkerbell2
01-28-2011, 01:08 AM
So we would like some..

Weather smilies
Easter smilies

and more smilies.....:elf1::elf1::elf1:

SnowAngel
01-28-2011, 01:11 AM
Hi Chantelle - would you be able to make the post, "what we got for christmas 2010" a sticky post like the 2009 post?

Thanks! Hope all is well. :santa2:

SilverBells
01-28-2011, 01:25 AM
So we would like some..

Weather smilies
Easter smilies

We WANT new smilies :yahoo: We WANT new smilies :yahoo:

tinkerbell2
01-28-2011, 09:10 PM
So we would like some..

Weather smilies
Easter smilies

A shameless bump...:elf3::elf3:

casinosret
01-31-2011, 06:57 PM
A friend of mine says that that i can build my own web blog in this web site, is that true, and if yes how can i accomplish it ?

Many Thanks!

SnowAngel
02-02-2011, 05:51 AM
Looks like we have another spammer!

MinnesotaMike
02-03-2011, 01:33 AM
Looks like we have another spammer!

More like HUNDREDS of them. :elf2:

tinkerbell2
02-11-2011, 05:08 AM
So we would like some..

Weather smilies
Easter smilies

Bumpity Bump..

AllThingsChristmas
02-11-2011, 05:11 AM
Great idea. We will look into this :elf3:

tinkerbell2
02-11-2011, 05:27 AM
Great idea. We will look into this :elf3:

Thank you...:elf3::elf3:

tinkerbell2
03-01-2011, 12:02 AM
So we would like some..

Weather smilies
Easter smilies

Hey, any news on the weather smilies..:elf1:

AllThingsChristmas
03-01-2011, 12:07 AM
Actually we looked at it today, but we have some problems with the database. We will get back.

tinkerbell2
03-01-2011, 12:15 AM
Actually we looked at it today, but we have some problems with the database. We will get back.

Ok...thankyou..:elf3:

AllThingsChristmas
03-04-2011, 03:24 AM
We have uploaded some weather emoticons :windy:
And some easter stuff :easterjump:

Have fun!

tinkerbell2
03-04-2011, 03:34 AM
We have uploaded some weather emoticons :windy:
And some easter stuff :easterjump:

Have fun!

Thank you....:elf3:

SammieDsMom
03-07-2011, 10:01 PM
I have a question....Can we please get the countdown clock reset?:my lord:

AllThingsChristmas
03-22-2011, 12:34 AM
Of cause! Meanwhile you can use our new countdown. You can actually even place you own birthday in the advanced option:

http://www.allthingschristmas.com/widgets/christmas-countdown.php

:yahoo:

AllThingsChristmas
03-22-2011, 01:31 AM
And now we have also updated the countdown on the frontpage.

Thank you SammieDsMom!

SammieDsMom
03-23-2011, 08:07 PM
Hey Cool. Thanks! :tree:

Jordan
03-23-2011, 10:43 PM
Any chance we can please re-open the Christmas Recollections sub-forum?

MinnesotaMike
03-24-2011, 03:45 AM
Any chance we can please re-open the Christmas Recollections sub-forum?

Yeah...not sure what the password is supposed to be because my only password for ATC does NOT work.

ChantelleJoy
03-24-2011, 10:34 AM
The Christmas Reccollections forum was closed due to the DOZENS of Spam Threads started daily when we were having our influx of Spam Users. Hopefully, that issue has been resolved, so I've taken the password off.

I'll be watching it closley, and if it starts up again, we may have to close it down permeintly (or re-start it).

:)

Jordan
03-24-2011, 11:01 PM
Thanks, ChantelleJoy!

MinnesotaMike
03-25-2011, 02:46 AM
Well...how do we know what the password is? I tried mine, but it didn't work.

tinkerbell2
05-25-2011, 02:59 PM
Are we going to have a Calendar this year? As its stuck on 2010....:sad elf:

AllThingsChristmas
05-26-2011, 02:00 AM
Yes! This year we will try to update the calendar and make it more viral. We are also working on some other new stuff.

Thanks for your question!

blondface
05-26-2011, 02:14 AM
Thats great! Yes!

tinkerbell2
05-26-2011, 02:17 AM
Yes! This year we will try to update the calendar and make it more viral. We are also working on some other new stuff.

Thanks for your question!

Thank you...allthingschristmas...:elf3:

*Snowflake*
05-28-2011, 12:16 AM
how to delete a thread if is double posted?

AllThingsChristmas
07-07-2011, 06:04 PM
Under each post you will se an "edit"-button. Here you should be able to simply delete your own post.

olga
07-24-2011, 06:20 PM
Whenever I wanna add a smiley in a post of mine, I always get the following message:
please wait 2 seconds for an uncompressed image, or press Ctrl+F5 for original quality page

This happens for every smiley... Can anyone help????

AllThingsChristmas
07-24-2011, 07:34 PM
Hi Olga

That sounds strange. Can you post a screendump?

Thanks

Allthingschristmas

olga
07-24-2011, 08:04 PM
Hi Olga

That sounds strange. Can you post a screendump?

Thanks

Allthingschristmas

Hi. Thanks for your quick response..
Well, lets say I click on 7 different smilies.. here is what I got..

please wait 2 seconds for an uncompressed image, or press Ctrl+F5 for original quality page

:waving:

:santa2:

PumpkinJack81
07-26-2011, 01:56 AM
Whenever I wanna add a smiley in a post of mine, I always get the following message:

This happens for every smiley... Can anyone help????

It shouldn't matter, but are you trying to post the smileys quickly one after the other?

olga
07-26-2011, 03:52 AM
It shouldn't matter, but are you trying to post the smileys quickly one after the other?

Hey, Bob.

Right now I click on the smiley whistling and here is what I get.

No, it has nothing to do with posting quickly more than one smiley..
I just logged in and wanted to post a smiley... So funny....

olga
07-28-2011, 01:48 AM
For some reason I can not explain, all smilies seem to work just perfect, today..
:waving::elf2::gelf::tree::tree1::singing::santa1: :home::christmastree::elf3:

SnowAngel
08-04-2011, 02:27 AM

Good to see you again Pumpkin Jack! :waving:

tinkerbell2
09-15-2011, 02:38 AM
Is there any chance the Calendar could get fixed.........:elf1:

Please, pretty please....:smitten:

ChantelleJoy
09-23-2011, 07:38 PM

Tink - I don't have the ability to do this, but I'll bring it up with the Admin.
I'm hoping that they'll give me Admin powers so I can pretty much take care of everything on the board... we'll see.

tinkerbell2
09-23-2011, 11:22 PM
Tink - I don't have the ability to do this, but I'll bring it up with the Admin.
I'm hoping that they'll give me Admin powers so I can pretty much take care of everything on the board... we'll see.

Ok,....thanks..:elf3:

JonahsGrammy
10-07-2011, 03:05 AM
I am brand new here is there a introduction thread where I can say hello and introduce myslf?

*Snowflake*
10-07-2011, 03:07 AM
I am brand new here is there a introduction thread where I can say hello and introduce myslf?

yes in Everything else thread, :welcome::elf3:

ChantelleJoy
10-07-2011, 06:39 PM

Heya Tink - I've updated the Calendar now - it runs till 2015! :D

jmacguire
11-28-2011, 07:37 PM
It is a nice post. Thanks and :merrychristmas: to you.

rudetube
11-29-2011, 02:39 AM
Hello,

I hope you are well,

I have seen a video on your channel called - Crazy Christmas Kick , we would love to feature it on a TV show in the UK

Please email me on graham.evans@octoberfilms.co.uk

All the best

Graham

AllThingsChristmas
11-29-2011, 10:56 PM
Hi Rudetube

We have mailed you.

Thanks

Allthingschristmas.com

AANC
12-04-2011, 01:18 PM
Hello!
Some days ago, I noticed that the gadget in the main page that allows to hear that beautiful christmas music while you are in the page is not working well. :singing:
I mean, the pop-up opens, but then the flash animation stucks and doesn't plays anything :elf2:
Please Help! :my lord: I really wanna hear that awesome tunes. :xmascandycane:

ChantelleJoy
12-05-2011, 01:09 PM
Hello!
Some days ago, I noticed that the gadget in the main page that allows to hear that beautiful christmas music while you are in the page is not working well. :singing:
I mean, the pop-up opens, but then the flash animation stucks and doesn't plays anything :elf2:
Please Help! :my lord: I really wanna hear that awesome tunes. :xmascandycane:

I've moved your thread to the QUESTIONS for ADMINs post and I hope that our Site Admin's can check on this - it doesn't work for me either.

In the meantime, I always listen to Accuholidays (http://www.accuholidays.com) online while I'm browsing the forum! :)

AllThingsChristmas
11-06-2012, 04:18 PM
Hi AANC

It seems to work now. Have you tried again?

Allthingschristmas.com

ChantelleJoy
11-07-2012, 01:32 PM
It is working for me now! :)

SilverBells
12-03-2012, 04:46 PM
I've noticed that I'm not receiving e-mail notifications on time or any at all sometimes. And at the top left under the Home and Forum squares, there is some overlapping that covers the words "new posts" and "messages". I think that's what it says anyway :p

angelpugs2
12-16-2012, 01:01 PM
The page is jumping a bit at the bottom and the arrows keep going up and down you have to chase them and it won't let you do attachments on your page what is going on i'm getting tired of chasing the page to post this is a mess.:elf2:

ChristmasFairy
12-16-2012, 03:14 PM
The page is jumping a bit at the bottom and the arrows keep going up and down you have to chase them and it won't let you do attachments on your page what is going on i'm getting tired of chasing the page to post this is a mess.:elf2:
Ditto .... I can't even get from one section to another on the forum ... page won't open ... so I've given up trying to post now. Incidentally did this start with the 'snowing'?

ornamentmaven
12-16-2012, 07:43 PM
I think it actually started a day or so before the snow

angelpugs2
12-17-2012, 11:18 AM
trying to post as i go to the facebook all things christmas this is crazy page is jumping and everything else well going now.:elf2:

AllThingsChristmas
12-17-2012, 11:43 AM
We agree. We are looking into this.

ChantelleJoy
12-17-2012, 11:21 PM
I don't think I was having the same issue here, but just to be safe I've removed the snow for now. It's an external script, so it shouldn't be effecting the forum functionality whatsoever, please feel free to respond if the issue continues.

ornamentmaven
12-18-2012, 01:26 AM
Thanks - it must have been the snow! No more flashing!

tinkerbell2
12-18-2012, 03:49 AM
Thanks - it must have been the snow! No more flashing!

I agree, its stopped now...thanks.:elf3:

SilverBells
12-18-2012, 07:16 AM
It stopped doing the "flashing" thing at the bottom and side arrow so all good for me. Maybe it was the "snow". Too bad, I liked the snow :p
Thanks Chantelle :elf3:

angelpugs2
12-18-2012, 11:01 AM
:hopxmas:everything is back to normal thank you.:christmastree:

SnowAngel
12-24-2012, 03:01 PM
What happened to the snow? Will you be bringing it back Chantelle?

MinnesotaMike
12-26-2012, 09:23 PM
I don't know how to edit a thread title. Can you please capitalize the "C" in Christmas on my new "countdown" thread? Gracias!! :)

tinkerbell2
12-30-2012, 10:55 AM
Hi..:waving:

Every time I try and log out I get this message?

502 Bad Gateway

nginx/1.2.4

Hoosier@Heart
05-11-2013, 01:29 AM
Help, I am unable to upload an avatar. When I try it always says 'Upload failed due to failure writing temporary file.' Am I doing something wrong or do I just have to wait for an Admin to turn something on on my profile? I resized the image to fit the guidelines, so I don't think that is the problem... ???

Thanks

Merry Christmas Darling
05-22-2013, 03:00 AM
Hi..:waving:

Every time I try and log out I get this message?

502 Bad Gateway

nginx/1.2.4

So do I!

*Snowflake*
05-24-2013, 03:00 PM
I can't upload photos,always is red sign.

ornamentmaven
10-08-2013, 07:05 PM
Chantelle - just so you know - mikaldinho has not been active this year, so I don't know if he'll be back to start the 2013 Christmas card thread.

Also, I was having trouble posting photos here - haven't tried it lately

ChantelleJoy
10-08-2013, 07:35 PM
Chantelle - just so you know - mikaldinho has not been active this year, so I don't know if he'll be back to start the 2013 Christmas card thread.

Also, I was having trouble posting photos here - haven't tried it lately

He posted in August to say Hi (http://www.allthingschristmas.com/forum/threads/7020-It-s-been-a-while!), and said he's been quite busy now that he's done school.
I'll wait till November 1st to see if he comes back, or I'll start an Exchange Thread myself. :)

Let me know if you're still having photos problems.

tinkerbell2
10-08-2013, 09:12 PM
I'm having trouble with posting photo's too...:(

ChantelleJoy
10-08-2013, 10:18 PM
Those of you who are having trouble posting photos: I'll contact the Admin immediately - I don't know why it's giving an error (it's happening to me too).

olga
10-30-2013, 08:23 AM
Hi! Does anybody know why I can not log out? Whenever Ive tried to, I get the following message

502 Bad Gateway

here is the link:

http://www.allthingschristmas.com/forum/login.php?do=logout&logouthash=1383117635-91f9aa925e6a9cca0bf5fc156b237ceed0fa2540

Is this happening to anybody else, here??

Chantelle, can you do something, please? :santasmile:

steph535
10-30-2013, 08:26 AM
Hi! Does anybody know why I can not log out? Whenever Ive tried to, I get the following message

502 Bad Gateway

here is the link:

http://www.allthingschristmas.com/forum/login.php?do=logout&logouthash=1383117635-91f9aa925e6a9cca0bf5fc156b237ceed0fa2540

I very rarely log out in fact, just about never BUT yes, Olga , that did happen to me very recently

steph535
10-30-2013, 08:26 AM

502 Bad Gateway

here is the link:

I very rarely log out; in fact, just about never BUT yes, Olga , that did happen to me very recently

olga
10-30-2013, 08:34 AM
I very rarely log out; in fact, just about never BUT yes, Olga , that did happen to me very recently

Its happening for a few weeks now, but, I thought was something wrong with my browser/pc etc..

Anyway, I would really appreciate if you could fix this.. :elf2:

steph535
10-30-2013, 08:41 AM
Its happening for a few weeks now, but, I thought was something wrong with my browser/pc etc..

I don't think it's your computer, Olga, since the same thing happened to me. Unfortunately, I can't fix it, but maybe Chantelle can

steph535
10-30-2013, 08:41 AM

I don't think it's your computer, Olga, since the same thing happened to me. Unfortunately, I can't fix it, but maybe Chantelle can

ornamentmaven
10-30-2013, 02:24 PM
It has been that way for months - maybe even longer. I usually don't bother logging out either because we are logged out automatically after a period of time of non-use.

ChantelleJoy
10-30-2013, 03:05 PM
*Puts on her most official looking Santa Hat*

I can't fix this, I think it's a software problem, so I've contacted the Admin - either they will, or I will update again! :)

ChantelleJoy
10-30-2013, 05:11 PM
Just to let everyone know - even though the landing page gives an error, the logout process still works fine, you still log out, even though the confirmation screen gives an error.

The admin is aware of the problem, and will update when it's changed.
I know it's bothersome, but at least it's fully functional!

steph535
10-30-2013, 08:01 PM
Just to let everyone know - even though the landing page gives an error, the logout process still works fine, you still log out, even though the confirmation screen gives an error.

The admin is aware of the problem, and will update when it's changed.
I know it's bothersome, but at least it's fully functional!

Actually, Chantelle, after logging out, getting the error screen, closing my browser window, bringing it back up, going back on ATC, I am STILL logged in.

ChantelleJoy
10-30-2013, 11:42 PM
Actually, Chantelle, after logging out, getting the error screen, closing my browser window, bringing it back up, going back on ATC, I am STILL logged in.

Hrm. I was told it works. It also doesn't work for me. I'll let them know.

steph535
10-31-2013, 02:41 AM
Hrm. I was told it works. It also doesn't work for me. I'll let them know.

thanks, Chantelle

Merry Christmas Darling
10-31-2013, 03:57 AM
Oh, I thought it was a problem with my computer!

steph535
10-31-2013, 04:49 AM
why is it that posts are showing up twice on this thread lately??

ChantelleJoy
10-31-2013, 02:52 PM
Steph, they only seem to show up twice when you "Quote" - I've been deleting the duplicates - I'll let the admin know about that too.

MinnesotaMike
10-31-2013, 03:13 PM
I can't remember the last time I actually "logged out". Funny.

steph535
11-01-2013, 03:59 AM
thanks, Chantelle

HolidaySeason
11-14-2013, 01:50 AM
Hi, I have the time on this forum set to GMT, but the time is completely wrong. Not even the minutes are right. I am posting this at 12:21 AM on 14th November.

Edit: But it's coming up as 12:50 AM.

steph535
11-14-2013, 01:52 AM
Hi, I have the time on this forum set to GMT, but the time is completely wrong. Not even the minutes are right. I am posting this at 12:21 AM on 14th November.

Edit: But it's coming up as 12:50 AM.

yep, the time has been off for at least some of us for a long time, I don't really pay attention any more.

HolidaySeason
11-16-2013, 05:33 AM
I guess it must be a problem with vBulletin, then. I don't think you can set the time on individual forums.

ChantelleJoy
11-16-2013, 03:26 PM
It seems that it's 1/2hr ahead of actual time (if you have your time zone set right) - I've brought it up to the admin before, but I think it might be a server issue. :(

Merry Christmas Darling
11-18-2013, 02:26 AM
Why can't I actually sign out? Whenever I come here, I'm already signed in.

MinnesotaMike
11-18-2013, 03:37 AM
Why can't I actually sign out? Whenever I come here, I'm already signed in.

Why do you want to? I have the forum bookmarked. Whenever I click it, I'm all ready to go!

ChantelleJoy
11-18-2013, 02:56 PM
Mike - some people share computers, and don't want others logged into their account.

I've addressed the Log Out issue with the admin - so they're aware but need to update the forum software (vBulletin), which they plan to do soon, to update it.
Hopefully the time issue & the log out issue will be resolved soon. In the meantime, Sorry!

Moley
11-25-2013, 11:13 AM
Dear Chantelle,

How do I go about getting my forum name changed from The Mole to Moley? (Which is more informal.)

Please make it happen!

Best wishes,

The Mole, aka Moley.

ChantelleJoy
11-25-2013, 03:12 PM
You're all set as MOLEY.

Let me know if there are any issues signing back in!

ChantelleJoy
11-25-2013, 03:12 PM
You're all set as MOLEY.

Let me know if there are any issues signing back in!

Moley
11-26-2013, 10:51 AM
Thank you! As you can see the login works fine.

*Snowflake*
12-08-2013, 02:54 PM
will we have snow here on the forum again like last year ?:snowing:

steph535
12-15-2013, 08:03 AM
are videos from youtube allowed on here? ATC forum member Aputernut has a beautiful video of their home all decorated inside and out for Christmas 2013 and is having trouble posting it. I know I saw it, and I am pretty sure I saw it on ATC, but now it is gone and it would be a shame to not give others an opportunity to see this gorgeous video. thanks very much.

angelpugs2
12-15-2013, 12:31 PM
As i have to use google chrome for allthingschristmas my regular google won't let me come here it sets my anti-virus software off and it blinks malicious"but,google chrome i have no issues what is going on there?:santa2:

SnowAngel
12-16-2013, 02:23 PM
As i have to use google chrome for allthingschristmas my regular google won't let me come here it sets my anti-virus software off and it blinks malicious"but,google chrome i have no issues what is going on there?:santa2:

same thing here! But when I type the URL directly in the address bar, then I have no problems.

AllThingsChristmas
05-07-2014, 10:48 AM
test

coolXmas
05-07-2014, 10:49 AM
test

ornamentmaven
11-09-2014, 07:42 PM
Chantelle - stupid question - I should know the answer, but how do you empty your message inbox? I was told mine was full

ornamentmaven
11-10-2014, 09:03 AM
Never mind Chantelle - I figured it out!

chocolatechip1979
06-14-2017, 11:22 PM
I no longer can use Google Chrome to access this site. I have to use Explorer. Any one else have issues?

tlazer
09-25-2017, 02:32 AM
Since I cannot upload Christmas ornaments can I copy and paste them to a Thread?

snowbell1
09-25-2017, 09:33 AM
Chocolatechip i have issues with chrome myself,a few sites i have to use firefox.

ChantelleJoy
09-25-2017, 02:00 PM
I no longer can use Google Chrome to access this site. I have to use Explorer. Any one else have issues?

We recently updated our HTTPS settings, hopefully it's working now?

ChantelleJoy
09-25-2017, 02:01 PM
Since I cannot upload Christmas ornaments can I copy and paste them to a Thread?

You should be able to use the BB code to include images, we just can't host them at the moment!
Here's the code:
https://i.imgur.com/c2iq1gS.png

Imgur.com (http://imgur.com) hosts images free. You can upload to there if it's not already online.

*Snowflake*
10-05-2017, 05:28 PM
I have no questions just one big thanks for everything around Allthingschristmas site including Pinterest, Facebook and all. Beautiful place for Christmas lovers:christmastree:

ChantelleJoy
10-12-2017, 07:47 PM
I have no questions just one big thanks for everything around Allthingschristmas site including Pinterest, Facebook and all. Beautiful place for Christmas lovers:christmastree:

Thank you Snowflake - I've been working really hard on the site / facebook this year! :D

LoriYork
10-08-2019, 04:39 AM
I just joined this forum, and read something that said it CLOSED in 2018. What does that mean, if the forum is still here???

chocolatechip1979
10-08-2019, 05:31 PM
Yes. The admin brought it back to life after some TLC. It's a beautiful site. Welcome to the group. :waving:

ChantelleJoy
11-20-2019, 08:59 AM
Lori,

Yes, I did close the Forum from May - November of 2018 but I could't bear the idea of Christmas without it, so I brought it back! :) Happy to have you here!

Mistletoe
11-23-2019, 05:12 AM
Hi, Chantelle. I can't reply to a lot of my subscribed threads. They don't say that they're locked, there's just no reply buttons anywhere. Some of them are short threads, so they're not too big...and they have replies in 2018. I'm thinking it must have been since the forum closed for that period of time...

snowbell1
09-04-2020, 09:30 AM
Anyone know where Chantelle is i've sent message still haven't heard from her.:waving:

Mistletoe
09-07-2020, 07:25 PM
Hi, snowbell! :waving:

No, I've tried to contact Chantelle a few different ways since last November and haven't been able to reach her.

snowbell1
09-07-2020, 08:50 PM
​I've checked on fb but,doesn't seem all things gets used that much there and i've left messages still nothing,it's just strange like she disappeared.

chocolatechip1979
09-17-2020, 06:56 PM
I know she is very busy with her Facebook page and all the exciting updates. I hope she gets back to you guys soon. :elf3:

snowbell1
09-17-2020, 07:56 PM
:hopxmas:She did that's why i started my thread,keeping up with her new projects as it all sounds amazing.

ChantelleJoy
09-26-2020, 09:08 AM
Hi all - I'm sorry - yes I've been super busy with other projects - but am always available by emailing chantelle@allthingschristmas.com if it's important - I CHECK IT EVERYDAY!