PDA

View Full Version : Tree Toppers!

onemagicalchristmas
10-27-2008, 01:00 AM
what do you use as a tree topper?

this year I have a fibreoptic gold and cream colored angel she is beautiful My star has lost its place on the tree this year
.presents

PumpkinJack81
10-27-2008, 02:37 AM
We got a new acrylic angel a few years ago that has changing LED lights. It's very pretty with our other lights. :angel::christmastree:

Merry Christmas Darling
10-27-2008, 03:27 AM
I usually use a star or an angel. This year I'll hopefully have my Heartwood Creek angel on the main tree.

When I was a kid, my mom always put one of those German glass ones on the tree:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/Idnam/All%20Things%20Christmas/GlassTreeTopper.jpg

PumpkinJack81
10-27-2008, 01:02 PM
I usually use a star or an angel. This year I'll hopefully have my Heartwood Creek angel on the main tree.

When I was a kid, my mom always put one of those German glass ones on the tree:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/Idnam/All%20Things%20Christmas/GlassTreeTopper.jpg

I didn't know those were German. Thanks for teaching me something new! :gelf:

Merry Christmas Darling
10-27-2008, 01:34 PM
I didn't know those were German. Thanks for teaching me something new! :gelf:

Don't take my word for it, but when I posted, I couldn't remember that they're called "finial" tree toppers. I assumed they were German because we lived in Germany in 1950 and after that my mother was in love with anything German.

Anyway, I imagine that the Chinese are manufacturing them now, too!

PumpkinJack81
10-27-2008, 01:46 PM
Don't take my word for it, but when I posted, I couldn't remember that they're called "finial" tree toppers. I assumed they were German because we lived in Germany in 1950 and after that my mother was in love with anything German.

Anyway, I imagine that the Chinese are manufacturing them now, too!

Well I did a quick search and found multiple German finial tree toppers. I'm sure they are manufactured all over now. :christmastree:

onemagicalchristmas
10-27-2008, 08:59 PM
when I was a kid we had an angel tree topper. but she just fell apart so we went with a star now the star is no longer functional I am back to an angel:snowman:

Leslie03
10-28-2008, 02:17 AM
We put a bow at the top of ours.

noelglori
10-28-2008, 10:35 AM
When I was growing up my Mom always had a silver plastic angel with a light behind it, I still have it today.
When I got married we bought a topper that looked like an ornament with a long tip at the top, it was red with angel hair inside but it didn't light up so I would stick some white tree lights in it. I still have it.

Then we bought a beautiful white angel that moved holding a small light in each hand (her wings moved)
Well after a time her wings stopped moving and just made a grinding sound.

So then we bought a clear plastic star with lights in it. I liked the star and still have it but I missed not having an angel on top of the tree.

So now I have a beautiful angel that is cream colored with fibre optic lights that change colors in a nice way.

onemagicalchristmas
10-28-2008, 07:09 PM
Sounds like my new angel I got this year. I got mine from a friend who found another one she liked better after christmas last year. She was going to throw her away but I took her she is beautifl and love the wings and flowers she holds.

PumpkinJack81
10-28-2008, 08:25 PM
My wife's family always had an angel at the top, so once we got married we decided to keep that tradition and get an angel for our tree. The one we have now looks similar to the one below and has LED lights inside that change:
http://www.reigninggifts.com/images/33849frostedAngelLEDlightNEW31.jpg

My family had an angel for years that my grandmother had bought. It slowly started breaking so we eventually got a Mickey Mouse topper that swings a lantern. And now my parent's use a star topper that I bought when I was in college.

Aggie Nation
11-07-2008, 02:30 AM
my little boy will be making us a custom topper this year...it really helps to get everyone involved with decorating. He's so excited.

PumpkinJack81
11-07-2008, 03:08 AM
my little boy will be making us a custom topper this year...it really helps to get everyone involved with decorating. He's so excited.

That's sweet...You'll have to post a pic of what your son creates. :christmastree:

i luv christmas best
11-07-2008, 02:58 PM
We usually put a star...

txsnowgirl
11-07-2008, 05:04 PM
I have an angel, with green velvet and gold trimmed dress. lol, need a new one as my theme is blue, silver and white now. When I changed it, couldn't find one that I liked, so, that will give me something to look for.

onemagicalchristmas
11-08-2008, 01:21 AM
I am happy with my current angel she fits right in. I have a gold star the doesn't light up for my small tree if I get to put it up this year. :christmastree:

Donna-50
11-19-2008, 03:20 PM
I usually do an angel that has lights in the hand that move but this year I am going to do a different tree and bought a red tin start for the FR and a glitter aqua one for the LF.