PDA

View Full Version : Stockings

onemagicalchristmas
10-26-2008, 11:52 PM
How many stockings to you hang each year?

I do five. Me, hubby,the two dogs and a special one for a family member.

:rudolph: :santa: :snowman:

PumpkinJack81
10-27-2008, 02:18 AM

Any particular family member, or just a general one?

PumpkinJack81
10-27-2008, 02:19 AM
We have four...One for me, my wife, our son and our two dogs share one.

onemagicalchristmas
10-27-2008, 02:39 AM
this year the extra stocking is for John Matthew. I am glad I am not the only one that does one for their animals.:snowman:

Merry Christmas Darling
10-27-2008, 03:02 AM
I hang two because there are only two of us at home. I tried hanging one for each child when the kids lived at home, but it was too expensive to fill them for four kids so we quit doing stockings for several years. We didn't have stockings when we were kids. I was a SAHM and we usually had only one income; some years I provided childcare in our home, but we still didn't have that much money.

One year we gave a gift to our parakeet, but he didn't have a stocking. :gelf:

leahrosa
10-27-2008, 10:14 AM
oh, hanging stockings is a tradition we dnt normally practice here in the PHIL, but some do buy stockings for decorations, to hang on their walls or to doors but this time, ill try to make my son a stocking and since he will be 11 months (by then..soon) i will have to see his joy opening his first presents from the stocking..he might not understand this yet but i would love to have this a yearly tradition for him..and im excited

PumpkinJack81
10-27-2008, 01:24 PM
this year the extra stocking is for John Matthew. I am glad I am not the only one that does one for their animals.:snowman:

Oh no, we've had stockings for our animals since I was a child. Why, at one point growing up we had 8 stockings on our mantle - mom, dad, me, sister, brother, dog #1, dog #2, and even one for my igauna! :santahat:

PumpkinJack81
10-27-2008, 01:25 PM
One year we gave a gift to our parakeet, but he didn't have a stocking. :gelf:

I'm sure he didn't mind! :santahat:

PumpkinJack81
10-27-2008, 01:25 PM
oh, hanging stockings is a tradition we dnt normally practice here in the PHIL, but some do buy stockings for decorations, to hang on their walls or to doors but this time, ill try to make my son a stocking and since he will be 11 months (by then..soon) i will have to see his joy opening his first presents from the stocking..he might not understand this yet but i would love to have this a yearly tradition for him..and im excited

You're going to have so much fun with Sancho this year! :gelf: showing presents

onemagicalchristmas
10-29-2008, 04:38 PM
yes you will. I love hanging and filling stockings.

Sean
10-31-2008, 12:39 AM
There would be eight. As i still live with my whole family. myself mom dad brother sister fiance and the grump ol grand parents.

txsnowgirl
10-31-2008, 12:46 AM
Normally, I have 8, but, I lost one of my furbabies this year and my boys are grown and no longer at home, so, 5 this year for my furbabies, lol

noelglori
10-31-2008, 02:07 AM
When my kids were small we hung up 3 stockings. Hubby and I never had stockings and still don't.

I have been meaning to buy some just for decorations because they are so pretty and I love the ones that look elegant.

onemagicalchristmas
10-31-2008, 03:47 AM
I always have our stockings hanging in the computer room because I buy little things to put in them year round. I am crazy that way. But I am rethinking some of my holidays quirks for next year. I can always stash hubby's little stocking stuffers in my bedside stand if I want to. and I am thinking of just saving money back for my greats and going shopping for them in November next year. :carols:

misty27
11-05-2008, 12:23 AM
2 to 5 all depends

Aggie Nation
11-07-2008, 02:28 AM

I usually hang just two because we usually travel to everyone else's house.

presents

i luv christmas best
11-07-2008, 02:46 PM
We usually hang 5 stockings..Me, DH, and my 3 boys, but we just got a dog this year so I believe will be hanging 6,:kinky elf:

ladyice
11-07-2008, 02:49 PM
One for me, and my parents will bring theirs over Christmas Eve presents

onemagicalchristmas
11-08-2008, 01:24 AM
do you fill their stockings up with goodies christmas eve? I am going to make one for my parents next year. And after CHristmas I am retiring our Mickey and Minnie stocking and pick out something else for next year. I want them to be matching or at least similar to each other since there mine and his. :christmastree:

persimmonpudding
11-10-2008, 05:20 PM
We love stockings...and my family has always had stockings for all the animals. Good thing they hang higher though...it's possible some of the animals might not want to wait to satisfy their curiousity!

ladyice
11-10-2008, 06:35 PM
do you fill their stockings up with goodies christmas eve? I am going to make one for my parents next year. And after CHristmas I am retiring our Mickey and Minnie stocking and pick out something else for next year. I want them to be matching or at least similar to each other since there mine and his. :christmastree:

I bought myself a new one this year too :)

Yes, I do theirs and they do mine.

I also do one for my puppy :santa:

k nielsen
11-10-2008, 08:24 PM
We hang 3 each year, one for my hubby, son and me.

onemagicalchristmas
11-10-2008, 11:05 PM
I found several pretty stockings at dollar tree today but didn't have the money to buy them. They looked well made they were CHristmas patchwork materials. presents:presents2: