PDA

View Full Version : Candy canes

onemagicalchristmas
10-26-2008, 04:09 AM
Does anyone else put candy canes on their trees? I usually put two boxes on mine but this year I will pick out a box of fruity ones for the kids to eat on CHristmas eve and a BOx for hubby!

I rarely eat them. We don't get the peppermint ones at all.:christmastree:

Merry Christmas Darling
10-26-2008, 05:47 AM
Does anyone else put candy canes on their trees? I usually put two boxes on mine but this year I will pick out a box of fruity ones for the kids to eat on CHristmas eve and a BOx for hubby!

When I put my Hungarian ornaments on a tree a couple of years ago, I used plastic candy canes and real chocolates.

One year, my tree was done in blue and I used blue candy canes. Most of the time I don't use any candy canes because no one eats them.

ladyice
10-26-2008, 06:58 AM
Oh yes, each year I get the peppermint green, red and white striped candy canes. They are the last thing I put on the tree :) :christmastree:

onemagicalchristmas
10-26-2008, 11:57 PM
Hubby decided he dont want any so we are only getting one box for the greats but not putting them on the tree I am putting them in a CHristmas mug he bought me at the thrift store.

:carols:

PumpkinJack81
10-27-2008, 02:25 AM

If we have them we'll put them on, but we don't go out and buy any to put on the tree. With my wife and I both being teachers, we usually get plenty of candy canes from our students...So, we'll put those on whenever we get them. :santa:My favorite kind are spearmint!

PumpkinJack81
10-27-2008, 02:27 AM
Hubby decided he dont want any so we are only getting one box for the greats but not putting them on the tree I am putting them in a CHristmas mug he bought me at the thrift store.

At least the greats will still get to enjoy them. :gelf:

onemagicalchristmas
10-27-2008, 02:33 AM
yes they will. I dont have GGKs though my great refer to my nieces and nephews kids. I buy them sweets and toys all the time

PumpkinJack81
10-27-2008, 02:34 AM
yes they will. I dont have GGKs though my great refer to my nieces and nephews kids. I buy them sweets and toys all the time

Ohhh, oops! My mistake! :dizzy:

leahrosa
10-27-2008, 10:17 AM
oh remembering candy canes :) i had my first candy cane sent from the USA hanged unto our christmas tree last year..my co-worker, who works in NC (as our company operates in 2 countries: PH ad USA). Her Name is Sandora and i call her Aunty Sandy, she was to kind to send me some candy canes from her tree..sadly she is no longer working for MD USA and i missed her more, since Christmas is fast approaching

noelglori
11-01-2008, 08:19 PM
When my kids were small and I always did my tree in traditional red colors, I always hung candy canes on the tree. But when the kids got older and the tree became all mine I no longer stick to one color, every year I do it in different colors so no candy canes (plus I just don't like them on my tree) And really no one eats them so I don't buy them.

suanne
11-01-2008, 09:06 PM
hi i'm suanne from australia. i always put candy canes on my christmas tree. the red in the canes represent the blood of christ and the white represents the purity of the holy spirit. my grandies love them and i buy quite alot to replenish the tree as christmas nears :christmastree:

Theresa Cunningham
11-01-2008, 09:32 PM
We love the traditional peppermint canes on our tree and they don't last at all. A few years ago I made dark chocolate dipped canes and rolled them into red,green sprinkles for my class. I had alot of children ask me for cherry canes for some reason.

onemagicalchristmas
11-01-2008, 11:37 PM
chocolate dipped candy canes I think that sounds good. Thanks for sharing with us.

i luv christmas best
11-04-2008, 06:14 PM
That is a great idea....I'll try that this year..I love chocolate and mint together.

PumpkinJack81
11-04-2008, 06:34 PM
hi i'm suanne from australia. i always put candy canes on my christmas tree. the red in the canes represent the blood of christ and the white represents the purity of the holy spirit. my grandies love them and i buy quite alot to replenish the tree as christmas nears :christmastree:

Hi Suanne!

Welcome to the forums! :waving:

misty27
11-05-2008, 12:14 AM
candy canes always have on the tree

onemagicalchristmas
11-08-2008, 01:44 AM
I bought a box of the cherry ones for my greats and put them on my tree If I can find the cinnamon ones again this year I will buy myself a box to put on the tree. :christmastree:

JollyElfDC
11-10-2008, 12:23 AM
I have so many decorations, that I can't put them all on the tree as it is. I do like them, but I just don't have room for them. When I was a kid we always hung candy canes on the tree, along with my mom's homemade gingerbread men.

ladyice
11-10-2008, 07:54 PM

Isn't it interesting how people have different views on things? I was always told it represented the sheppard's staff.

k nielsen
11-10-2008, 07:58 PM
Every year- this was a family tradition when we were kids. The fruity ones were our favorite. In fact we even had little trees in our room that we could decorate by ourselfs and we had the mini candy canes on those. Heck- we even strung popcorn. I loved it- I can't wait til my son gets old enough to help and enjoy doing those things.

onemagicalchristmas
11-10-2008, 11:03 PM
I found my box of cinnamon ones today at dollar tree so now I have two boxes on my tree CHerry for the greats and cinnamon for me! I usually break a little piece off every once in awhile so it doesn't raise my sugar. I am looking for the sugar free ones or the clove flavored ones. I love clove candy. :santa1: :santa: :dizzy:

ilovewintersnowflakes
11-12-2008, 09:29 AM
I usually put candy canes on my tree. I especially like to add the blue ones (blueberry flavored is my son's favorite) though I haven't been able to find any anywhere so far anyone else seen any by any chance?

PumpkinJack81
11-12-2008, 01:25 PM
I usually put candy canes on my tree. I especially like to add the blue ones (blueberry flavored is my son's favorite) though I haven't been able to find any anywhere so far anyone else seen any by any chance?

Hello and welcome! :waving: I haven't checked this year, but Target usually has them.

saramitch85
11-12-2008, 08:03 PM
I love putting candy canes on my tree but I always end up eating them off the tree. before christmas.

ladyice
11-13-2008, 01:58 AM
I bought my candy canes tonight :D

onemagicalchristmas
11-13-2008, 02:32 AM
I bought my candy canes tonight :D

what flavors did you get? I have cinnamon and cherry.

ladyice
11-13-2008, 02:59 AM
I picked up peppermint with green, red and white stripes and my blue and white ones that are strawberry flavored! :christmastree:

onemagicalchristmas
11-14-2008, 03:13 AM
I seen the blueberry ones at dollar tree last week. they also had cinnamon, peppermint and cherry. has anyone seen any clove candy canes? I would love to find some of them. :carols: :carols: :carols: :carols: :carols: :carols: :carols: :carols: :carols: :carols:

ladyice
11-14-2008, 03:15 AM
I've never seen clove candy canes. will keep an eye for you :)

onemagicalchristmas
11-14-2008, 03:18 AM
I had a box 12 years ago when I lived in OHio they may have stopped making them I have not seen them in years. :gelf: :gelf:

ladyice
11-14-2008, 05:25 AM
These are a little on the pricey side, but:

http://www.hammondscandies.com/clove-cane-p-326.html