PDA

View Full Version : When do you start to feel the holiday season?

Pages : [1] 2

Sean
10-23-2008, 10:13 PM
When do you start to get that warm feeling inside that its the holiday season?:christmastree:

onemagicalchristmas
10-24-2008, 01:06 AM
Right now. I am dying to put up my tree which hubby says I can the day before Halloween. It means alot coming from the original Ebenzer Scrooge himself. I have him talked into it. He says he won't help but he does every year. I am almost finished shopping only three more gift cards to go.

But first I have to pay off my Avon. I already have him listening to christmas music.

So next friday is my tree trimming party!:christmastree:

Sean
10-24-2008, 01:30 AM
You beat me!! i dont start till the 1st of november! thats very cool! :tree:

PumpkinJack81
10-24-2008, 01:01 PM
Right now. I am dying to put up my tree which hubby says I can the day before Halloween. It means alot coming from the original Ebenzer Scrooge himself. I have him talked into it. He says he won't help but he does every year. I am almost finished shopping only three more gift cards to go.

But first I have to pay off my Avon. I already have him listening to christmas music.

So next friday is my tree trimming party!:christmastree:

You beat me!! i dont start till the 1st of november! thats very cool! :tree:

Well I'm jealous of you both! We won't put our's up until the day of or the day after Thanksgiving. :christmastree:

Sean
10-24-2008, 05:58 PM
Well for some reason i posted this thread and didnt say what got me in the spirit. As weird as it sounds i really start to feel it when i walk into walmart and see the christmas decorations/trees/ and lights being put up...even if it was in the middle of october! lol presents

PumpkinJack81
10-24-2008, 06:06 PM
Well for some reason i posted this thread and didnt say what got me in the spirit. As weird as it sounds i really start to feel it when i walk into walmart and see the christmas decorations/trees/ and lights being put up...even if it was in the middle of october! lol presents

I know what you mean...Whenever I walk into Target or WalMart or even Lowe's and see all of the decorations coming out I get so excited and immediately want to break out my Christmas CDs and start going thru my decorations. :tree:

M.W.
10-26-2008, 04:19 PM
Hi all! New to the site.

I start feeling that unmistakable Christmas spirit big-time around Thanksgiving week. However, I start longing for Christmas by the beginning of September. From the posts I've read on here, I am not alone :tree:

We put up the tree the day after Thanksgiving. It is tradition to put up the tree Friday afternoon, and then sit down to a nice glass of hot cocoa and watch "The Muppets Christmas Carol". We consider that the official start of our Christmas season. We do, however, begin playing Christmas music in earnest on November 1st.

PumpkinJack81
10-27-2008, 01:35 PM
Hi all! New to the site.

I start feeling that unmistakable Christmas spirit big-time around Thanksgiving week. However, I start longing for Christmas by the beginning of September. From the posts I've read on here, I am not alone :tree:

We put up the tree the day after Thanksgiving. It is tradition to put up the tree Friday afternoon, and then sit down to a nice glass of hot cocoa and watch "The Muppets Christmas Carol". We consider that the official start of our Christmas season. We do, however, begin playing Christmas music in earnest on November 1st.

Hello and welcome to the forums! :waving:

You are certainly not alone here when it comes to longing for Christmas and the excitement felt as it nears. :gelf: That sounds like a wonderful tradition to have each year. :tree: I hope you continue to come back and post with us as Christmastime gets closer and closer...

Take care,
Bob, Forum Moderator :santa1:

Sean
10-27-2008, 05:41 PM
Thats really cool. My family also watches the muppets christmas carol every year as a tradition!

onemagicalchristmas
10-27-2008, 08:37 PM
that is a good show. FOr me it is Miracle on 34th street

cranderson03
10-28-2008, 12:17 AM
Ya i definitely start to feel the holiday season when I walk into any store, no matter when it is, and they have their trees displayed and all that good stuff.. and I wish i could put up my tree the day before halloween!! I will for sure when I have my own home!

onemagicalchristmas
10-28-2008, 12:27 AM
It feels good to have the freedom to choose when your tree goes up. I am thankful hubby permitted mine to go up this soon! I have enough ornaments to do a second tree! :christmastree:

Leslie03
10-28-2008, 02:24 AM
For the past 10 years, I worked for a Christmas store & I would start tying bows in late August/early September. So that's when I get a little Christmas cheer in my heart.

onemagicalchristmas
10-28-2008, 07:05 PM
that would be awesome to work in the CHristmas stores.:tree:

PumpkinJack81
10-28-2008, 08:13 PM
Ya i definitely start to feel the holiday season when I walk into any store, no matter when it is, and they have their trees displayed and all that good stuff.. and I wish i could put up my tree the day before halloween!! I will for sure when I have my own home!

Gives you something to look forward to. :christmastree:Welcome to the forums! :waving:

PumpkinJack81
10-28-2008, 08:15 PM
For the past 10 years, I worked for a Christmas store & I would start tying bows in late August/early September. So that's when I get a little Christmas cheer in my heart.

Very nice. :gelf: What store?

that would be awesome to work in the CHristmas stores.:tree:

I think you would love that Bobbi! :santahat:

cranderson03
10-28-2008, 09:43 PM
So for the people who decorate for christmas before Thanksgiving, what do your guests say when they come for thanksgiving dinner and they feel like it is Christmas? Haha.. i mean i would love it! But others may think it is funny.. How many of you have been listening to Christmas music already? LOVE IT:singing:

jonnym14
10-29-2008, 12:24 AM
im starting to feel the "christmas feelings" right about now. I am 14 and live for christmas. My parents laugh at me because I started playing carols on the stereo while doing my homework. They kind of spoil the feeling for me and make me feel like im the only one excited. This is great to see that other people are in this with me. Novemeber 15, in my opinion, is the kickoff on the christmas season. I love thanksgiving too, but you cant beat Christmas. The lights, decorations, carols, family, reminiscing on memories. I cant wait till we put up the 25 day calender for Christmas.My parents all ready have recieved over 20 catalogs in the mail. Christmas Eve at Grandmas house is amazing. I needed to get all of my feelings out here, because its driving me nuts! Someone respond... Happy Early Holiday:christmastree::santahat:

Sean
10-29-2008, 12:36 AM
im starting to feel the "christmas feelings" right about now. I am 14 and live for christmas. My parents laugh at me because I started playing carols on the stereo while doing my homework. They kind of spoil the feeling for me and make me feel like im the only one excited. This is great to see that other people are in this with me. Novemeber 15, in my opinion, is the kickoff on the christmas season. I love thanksgiving too, but you cant beat Christmas. The lights, decorations, carols, family, reminiscing on memories. I cant wait till we put up the 25 day calender for Christmas.My parents all ready have recieved over 20 catalogs in the mail. Christmas Eve at Grandmas house is amazing. I needed to get all of my feelings out here, because its driving me nuts! Someone respond... Happy Early Holiday:christmastree::santahat:

Welcome to the forums!! And there will always be someone that will give ya a hard time about wanting to start celebrating early. :tree:

cranderson03
10-29-2008, 01:51 AM
i definitely agree.. I live christmas more than anything.. and my parents made me feel the same way when i was younger. They always made me feel as though i was the only other person in the world excited for christmas.. but look at all of us.. :):santahat:

onemagicalchristmas
10-29-2008, 03:28 AM
I am used to people looking at me funny when I put my decorations up this early but most don't have to live with me only my hubby has to put up with my decorating habits. And he just thinks I am crazy. CHristmas Crazy! :tree:

ladyice
10-29-2008, 03:48 AM
When Santa arrives in Herald Square for the Macy*s parade, it's Christmas to me :)

cranderson03
10-29-2008, 04:16 AM
When does Santa arrive?? I wonder if there is something around where I live for that.

PumpkinJack81
10-29-2008, 12:11 PM
So for the people who decorate for christmas before Thanksgiving, what do your guests say when they come for thanksgiving dinner and they feel like it is Christmas? Haha.. i mean i would love it! But others may think it is funny.. How many of you have been listening to Christmas music already? LOVE IT:singing:

I've been listening to Christmas music off and on since July. :santahat: Once mid-October got here I really started listening to it though...It's the best! :carols:

PumpkinJack81
10-29-2008, 12:12 PM

Hi Jonny! :waving:

Welcome to the forums! There are plenty of us here who like Christmas just as much as you do so you have definitely found the place to be! :gelf: Hope you continue to come back and post with us.

Take care,

PumpkinJack81
10-29-2008, 12:14 PM
i definitely agree.. I live christmas more than anything.. and my parents made me feel the same way when i was younger. They always made me feel as though i was the only other person in the world excited for christmas.. but look at all of us.. :):santahat:

Yeah, there are plenty of Christmas nuts here! :dizzy: :jumping: :gelf:

When does Santa arrive?? I wonder if there is something around where I live for that.

I'm sure we could find something close to you...Where are you from?

grottogirl84
10-29-2008, 12:26 PM
:rudolph:
hey!gosh I've only just registered today and I'm SOOO glad I'm not on my own when it comes to gettin excited about xmas so early! (well actually I saw the first xmas advert on tv the day so it can't be that far away now!) The shops are starting to get all christmasy too! so I can't help but get happy and excited! (does anyone get butterflies in their tummy when they think of crimbob???!!hope it's not just me!!

merry early crimbob everyone!
:christmastree:

PumpkinJack81
10-29-2008, 12:35 PM
:rudolph:
hey!gosh I've only just registered today and I'm SOOO glad I'm not on my own when it comes to gettin excited about xmas so early! (well actually I saw the first xmas advert on tv the day so it can't be that far away now!) The shops are starting to get all christmasy too! so I can't help but get happy and excited! (does anyone get butterflies in their tummy when they think of crimbob???!!hope it's not just me!!

merry early crimbob everyone!
:christmastree:

As I've told our other new members, you have definitely found the best place on the web to discuss the joys of Christmas with! We are crazy for Christmas here and love to talk about all that comes with it. :gelf: Please look through the rest of our forum and start posting with us. Hope to hear more from you soon! :christmastree:

Merry Christmas,

Sean
10-29-2008, 06:06 PM
Great to see so many new people joining the site!! :gelf:

SilentNight
10-29-2008, 09:46 PM
I just started getting the feeling- same as I always do- when the weather gets colder and the leaves are all of the trees. Husband doesn't understand my LOVE for it so that is why I joined here! I have been playing christmas music all day on the IPOD and ordered my husband one of his christmas gifts online!!!!!!!

Joy to the World!!!!!!!! :carols:

SilentNight
10-29-2008, 09:51 PM

YOU are just like I was! I am 24 now but since I can remember I lived for christmas as a child! My mom would go nuts in September when I would pull out all of our christmas stuff just to look at it! It's good to hear that you have so much love in your heart for such a special holiday! You should be doing some things in school for christmas season in a month or so right?

Early Merry Christmas!

onemagicalchristmas
10-29-2008, 10:36 PM
I have been busy researching good recipes to try out on hubby this holiday season. But I am glad it is getting cooler here it sets the mood so to speak. Welcome you have joined a great group of people. we are all CHristmas crazy here!

:snowman::christmastree::blowing::angel::rudolph:s howing presentspresents:carols::waving:

jonnym14
10-30-2008, 09:06 PM
Yea. I go to a really good catholic high school in long island , and we started to talk about it in religion. But schools okay. The best part is coming home and playing christmas carols. You get that warm feeling inside. You know what I mean. I just cant wait. When i was 11 I stopped believing in Santa and the last three Christmas's i didnt have as much joy. But its came back this year. Write back. Jonathan

SilentNight
10-31-2008, 12:33 AM
Jonathan,

I don't remember when I stopped believeing-probably because I have always had it in me! This is my first year living in my own house and even last year at my parents house I made them WAIT until we were all in bed to put out presents-lol-It makes it more exciting christmas morning not knowing what the gifts under the tree look like!!!presents

Sean
10-31-2008, 12:35 AM
haha thats great! presents

cranderson03
10-31-2008, 03:18 AM
I totally agree! Like I always start getting excited for Christmas in like late September! And now I am in college and when I have spare time I am always online looking at the holiday stuff.. I love it. And I don't remember when I stopped believing in Santa either. I think it was always in the back of my mind but I never displayed it because I think it would ruin my Christmas spirit to act like there was NO Santa at all, ya know. I also make my parents wait to put out the presents til Christmas eve when we are all asleep.. it bulids anticipation and excitement! I love it.. it is one of the best parts.. and we even still leave out Christmas cookies and milk and my dad eats them while they are wrapping presents all night.. good memories

onemagicalchristmas
10-31-2008, 03:42 AM
I always put out our gifts when I put the tree up. I have even wrpped empty boxes before to create the look under the tree. Maybe sometime we will wait until Christmas Eve to put out our gifts for each other. and just put the empty boxes under the tree until then!presents

i luv christmas best
10-31-2008, 04:47 PM
I start feeling Christmasy when I feel the jack frost nip in the air....Sometime in October...I can actually smell Christmas...

ellepeace
10-31-2008, 07:47 PM
I start to get that gingerbread feeling as soon as I can feel a chill in the air. Halloween is nice but I love the magic of Christmas!:rudolph:

onemagicalchristmas
10-31-2008, 08:07 PM
Last night was cold enough to be CHristmas. I have to take the dogs out at 11 pm so I know it was cold!

Sean
10-31-2008, 08:13 PM
I'd take christmas over halloween anyday!! :carols:

onemagicalchristmas
10-31-2008, 08:14 PM
I don't bother with Halloween. No how! just another day to us!

cranderson03
11-02-2008, 06:54 PM
Halloween is finally over! now it is the true time to celebrate this wonderful season! Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make the season better? What does everyone do at this time of the year to start getting ready for the season? Please share comments!

M.W.
11-02-2008, 09:39 PM
Halloween just gets in the way of Thanksgiving, which for many people is the beginning of the Holiday season. For me, November 1st is the beginning. :carols: And, I hate it when people call Halloween a "holiday". Puh-leeeeeze...

What I like to do now is begin playing Christmas music on a regular basis. Might watch a Christmas show. By Thanksgiving week the Christmas decorations will be coming out hot and heavy.

ladyice
11-02-2008, 09:58 PM
I love Halloween as much as I love Christmas. Thanksgiving is ok too, but Halloween and Christmas are my two favorite holidays.

I love this whole time of year. I can't believe October is over already though. Yikes!

cranderson03
11-02-2008, 11:24 PM
Well, I love to listen to Christmas music right after Halloween also. I was also watching TV today and I noticed that they are starting to play more holiday commercials.. it is the best! I love it! Oh and if anyone happens to hear about a C:presents2:presents2:hristmas show on tv and when it will be please post it so I can watch! And I will do the same.

onemagicalchristmas
11-02-2008, 11:52 PM
do you have cable, dishnetwork or direct? I have dish network but I will let you know. I have been checking daily to see what is coming on but nothing so far. :presents2:

luciagalliford04
11-02-2008, 11:53 PM
Yeah, Xmas always gets my vote over Halloween anyday. We don't celebrate Thanksgiving here in Scotland obviously, but not really bothered about Halloween.

Hogmanay (New Year's Eve) is a bigger event in Scotland than anywhere else arguably!

onemagicalchristmas
11-02-2008, 11:57 PM
My big holiday is CHristmas but I like to do Easter almost as much. I am not into halloween and all the horror shows that go with it. :my lord:

cranderson03
11-03-2008, 03:02 AM
I have cable.. just let me know that show and the channel and then i can check to see if I get it! thank you!!!

PumpkinJack81
11-04-2008, 06:53 PM
I start to get that gingerbread feeling as soon as I can feel a chill in the air. Halloween is nice but I love the magic of Christmas!:rudolph:

Hello and welcome! :waving:

PumpkinJack81
11-04-2008, 06:55 PM
I love Halloween as much as I love Christmas. Thanksgiving is ok too, but Halloween and Christmas are my two favorite holidays.

I love this whole time of year. I can't believe October is over already though. Yikes!

I'm with you! Halloween and Christmas are my two holidays! :D :santa:

And Halloween is definitely a holiday! ;)

glone
11-16-2008, 10:07 PM
Well, I live in Florida now, so unfortunately, that "Christmas feel" doesn't even exist here. I grew up in South Dakota though, where it snows for the winter, and you could feel it all around you.

Even though people decorate their houses with lights here, it just isn't the same.

Palm trees, green grass and Christmas lights just don't bring out the holiday spirit for me. Especially when it is 80 degrees outside haha

ladyice
11-16-2008, 11:29 PM
Well, I live in Florida now, so unfortunately, that "Christmas feel" doesn't even exist here. I grew up in South Dakota though, where it snows for the winter, and you could feel it all around you.

Even though people decorate their houses with lights here, it just isn't the same.

Palm trees, green grass and Christmas lights just don't bring out the holiday spirit for me. Especially when it is 80 degrees outside haha

aww You should get the snowman that shoots snow in the air and put it in your yard :santa:

glone
11-16-2008, 11:56 PM
aww You should get the snowman that shoots snow in the air and put it in your yard :santa:

lol unfortunately, I live in a 2 bedroom sardine box, so I don't even have a yard. :(

I want to move back up north though, so maybe sometime in the near future I won't have to worry about snowmaking snowmen hehe.

grottogirl84
11-17-2008, 05:53 PM
Yes the christmassy feelin is def here in london! the ads are on tv and the shops are all decorated! i love it!!! my boyfriend just cant believe it when he sees me on here listening to xmas tunes in the background, he laughs at me!! but i know I'm not alone!
and it must be hard living in a hot place at this time of year. It really makes the difference when its cold and dark out! everyone i know hates it as its dark by 4.30pm! but it just gets me in the xmas mood even more!!:rudolph:
my brother was in Oz 2 xmas's ago and he said it was so weird, they had a pool bbq party and were all gettin drunk in the hot sun!!! it was sad to not have him with us just me and mum :crying:
but hes here this yr and my dad too so it will be lovely!! :blowing:

CANT WAIT!!
pls reply someone!!!:waving:

ladyice
11-17-2008, 11:02 PM
aww I am glad he's back this year!

I've always wanted to go see London at Christmas time, I bet it's gorgeous.

Someday! :christmastree:

ladyice
11-17-2008, 11:03 PM
lol unfortunately, I live in a 2 bedroom sardine box, so I don't even have a yard. :(

I want to move back up north though, so maybe sometime in the near future I won't have to worry about snowmaking snowmen hehe.

Well if you move back up north, you'll def get the snow again :D

I sometimes miss it down here too... but then I remember the shoveling and scraping of ice.

Every day until April. :)

Would be nice to have snow once in awhile though :snowman:

onemagicalchristmas
11-17-2008, 11:46 PM
I miss the snow myself but not enough to move back up north. I feel at home in NC now. I hardly ever go back up home anymore. I have no one to keep my dogs and hubby would not be able to handle Buddy (he's a mommas boy!)

grottogirl84
11-18-2008, 01:29 PM
yea its amazin to have my brother back! my other one lives in portland,or so wont be seein him this year,thats the 3rd xmas without him now and it just aint the same!!:sad elf:
went and saw him last month thou and stayed for 3wks had an amzin time!did a road trip to san fran and saw the redwoods,amazing!!!americas such an amazing beautiful country I get bored of england!! I wana move to the USA!!:jumping:

just one question though for anyone who lives in New york, does it always snow there at xmas time??? cos on all the films they seem to show which are set there it does! it snowed on xmas day here about 6yrs ago but didnt settle was nice though!! it did snow in april this yr which is very strange for england!!was really heavy too!!
i hope it snows this xmas it makes it so much more special!!!:snowman:
xx

Noel
11-18-2008, 10:44 PM
Here in France 6 or 7 years ago, they tried to have people celebrating Halloween, but it didn't work much because it's not a french tradition. It was just commercial. Now, only young people celebrate Halloween, most of the time in primary schools, to get candy or to illustrate the english course.
Anyway let me tell you about a tradition in my area, which I knew when I was a child. In my grandmother's village, close to Germany, there was a night called "witches'night" It took place in the late days of may. During that night, witches and spirits where supposed to visit earth. People curved beet root, put a candle inside and put the roots outside their windows. Village teenagers where playing many tricks during that night. It looked like Halloween in spring, didn't it ?

ajfree
11-19-2008, 06:26 PM
HI Happy Holidays! I am someone new but of the same heart as you all. I usually start way early. I love Christmas! This year the Christmas spirit hit me on October 2. LOL :tree: I started listening to Christmas music. The reason for that is that I am deaf and have a cochlear implant that makes me hear. Christmas music is what I hear best because of my brains memory of it. I also was sitting at the computer writing and article for our cochlear implant support group's newsletter. The article went into that direction and there you have it. I have been in the mode since then. I am decorating right now in between clients (I give in home nursing care for the elderly and those in need). I leave the house to go to work shortly. Gee I am not getting anything done :santahat: because I found this web site. Look for more of my Christmas spirit in the up coming days.

onemagicalchristmas
11-19-2008, 11:16 PM
welcome to the forums it is always CHristmas here. I would have put my tree up in september if hubby would have let me but he thinks I am crazy enough without my tree up that early. I love to shop for CHristmas. I am already starting a book of ideas for gifts in 2009. I am one who likes to plan things out. presents

PumpkinJack81
11-20-2008, 01:13 PM
HI Happy Holidays! I am someone new but of the same heart as you all. I usually start way early. I love Christmas! This year the Christmas spirit hit me on October 2. LOL :tree: I started listening to Christmas music. The reason for that is that I am deaf and have a cochlear implant that makes me hear. Christmas music is what I hear best because of my brains memory of it. I also was sitting at the computer writing and article for our cochlear implant support group's newsletter. The article went into that direction and there you have it. I have been in the mode since then. I am decorating right now in between clients (I give in home nursing care for the elderly and those in need). I leave the house to go to work shortly. Gee I am not getting anything done :santahat: because I found this web site. Look for more of my Christmas spirit in the up coming days.

I'm glad you found us and hope you continue to have fun here with us! :gelf: Glad the Christmas spirit hit you so hard and early so you can enjoy it all this year. Look forward to hearing more from you soon...

Merry Christmas,
Bob, Forum Moderator :snowman:

flick's tongue
11-21-2008, 11:42 PM
It depends on the year when I start feeling the Christmas spirit. I'm only now starting to feel the holiday spirit. I'm now listening to Christmas music on a fairly regular basis. My kids aren't shy about telling me, "it's too early"!

We're getting light snow and cold temps lately in Michigan, so that make it seem close to Christmas.

Anyone breaking about the Christmas DVDs?

PumpkinJack81
11-24-2008, 03:33 AM
It depends on the year when I start feeling the Christmas spirit. I'm only now starting to feel the holiday spirit. I'm now listening to Christmas music on a fairly regular basis. My kids aren't shy about telling me, "it's too early"!

We're getting light snow and cold temps lately in Michigan, so that make it seem close to Christmas.

Anyone breaking about the Christmas DVDs?

I love your avatar...What a classic movie A Christmas Story is! :santahat: Interesting username, any certain significance?

DW put on a couple of Christmas tapes for our 1-year-old to watch yesterday as we put out a few decorations. Tonight we actually watched Christmas Vacation, which is always a good time! I love that movie! :gelf:

Again, welcome! :santa1:
Bob, Forum Moderator

flick's tongue
11-24-2008, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome. Flick is the kid in A Christmas Story that sticks his tongue on the frozen pole. :)

Merry Christmas Darling
11-25-2008, 11:31 PM
I feel it when people turn on their outdoor Christmas lights. :rudolph:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/Idnam/Christmas/Christmas_Lights2.jpg

charminggiftstore
12-16-2008, 06:08 PM
Somewhere in between Black Friday and the first week in December.

Denise Wilson
Charming Gift Store
http://www.charminggiftstore.com
Great Gift Baskets For Every Occasion!

Noel
12-16-2008, 07:18 PM
[QUOTE=charminggiftstore;6282]Somewhere in between Black Friday and the first week in December.

by the end of november.
by the way, do you prefer christmas eve or december the 25th ?
I'm always a bit disappointed on december the 25th...for it's over...:sad elf:

steph535
12-16-2008, 09:40 PM
I agree, Noel, regarding the deflation on the 25th. Now, as to when I get in the Christmas spirit, it vaires. This year, I had it a couple weeks before Thanksgiving. That's how I found this site, because I was googling Christmassy themes.

onemagicalchristmas
12-17-2008, 02:53 AM
guys I am in a hurry to get this holiday season over with so I can start on next christmas! I am crazy huh! I have bought and wrapped all my gifts. Bought the last of the CHristmas food and now finsihed baking the cookies. I am almost out of things to do to keep me busy until CHristmas Eve. I am trying to do something everyday but I am running into trouble figuring that out! Any ideas of what I can do? I have a few days before I can get a total on the ecards I need to send but then I can send 10 a day until they are down. I usually send two ecards to everybody on the list one now and another on CHristmas Eve. :santahat:

Noel
12-17-2008, 08:24 AM
guys I am in a hurry to get this holiday season over with so I can start on next christmas! I am crazy huh! I have bought and wrapped all my gifts. Bought the last of the CHristmas food and now finsihed baking the cookies. I am almost out of things to do to keep me busy until CHristmas Eve. I am trying to do something everyday but I am running into trouble figuring that out! Any ideas of what I can do? I have a few days before I can get a total on the ecards I need to send but then I can send 10 a day until they are down. I usually send two ecards to everybody on the list one now and another on CHristmas Eve. :santahat:

Every year, after xmas, when I remove the xmas tree, my husband says it's a pity and he adds we should keep it in the living room all year long ! :dizzy:

onemagicalchristmas
12-17-2008, 07:54 PM
My hubby will take ours down the day after CHristmas usually before I wake up. He gets tired of seeing it! I know he is tired of hearing the CHristmas music. :santahat:

Sean
09-20-2009, 11:04 PM
Well im back and ready for another great christmas season even if it is september, christmas will be here before we know it! It has been a while since ive logged on and didnt realize how many people have posted on this thread! It was very cool to read all of it. Now where is mr pumpkin jack at! :dizzy:

kimmy
09-21-2009, 06:53 AM
i no its weird but there is a certain advert that comes on the telly every year that gets me having that christmas feeling, it the coca cola advert, that has a huge picture of santa on the back of the truck, he winks to the camera with a bottle of coca cola in his hand. or maybe i am just weird :dizzy:. it usually comes on near christmas and allways makes me think christmas in on its way

kimmy
09-21-2009, 08:05 AM
here is the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDoDUC9M0Sg

tinkerbell2
09-21-2009, 08:21 AM
here is the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDoDUC9M0Sg

I have to agree there, it always makes me think that christmas is on

its way:presents3:

dont think it would be the same if that ad wasn't shown:santa-smiley:

onemagicalchristmas
09-21-2009, 10:00 AM
welcome back Sean he is usuaaly here on the weekends busy man he is.!

kimmy
09-21-2009, 01:47 PM
I have to agree there, it always makes me think that christmas is on

its way:presents3:

dont think it would be the same if that ad wasn't shown:santa-smiley:

i agree it wouldn't be the same, i glad i am not the only one that feels that way about the advery my bf says i am nuts:dizzy:, because i get the christmas feeling because of a advert lol

tinkerbell2
09-21-2009, 01:49 PM
i agree it wouldn't be the same, i glad i am not the only one that feels that way about the advery my bf says i am nuts:dizzy:, because i get the christmas feeling because of a advert lol

no you not nuts:dizzy::dizzy: just completely mad like me.! lol

Elvira1986
09-21-2009, 02:05 PM
I saw the first christmas decorations in a store today! It made me smile. It was in a a very cheap Dutch store named "Action". And there is Sinterklaascandy in the stores now, which sort of gets me in the mood. I think when the weather becomes autumny and the clock will go to wintertime(last weekend of october) the true holidayspirit will arise in me.

Sean
09-21-2009, 04:08 PM
Yeah that he is! Well I hope to hear from him soon. This is now my third year coming to this site. So its become a tradition in its own right for me. :gelf:

IvoryTaelor
09-21-2009, 08:27 PM
Well I get my Christmas Shopping done July-October... Not only because I'm addicted to Christmas, but because all the stores jack up the prices around the Holiday season, so...I'm cheap! ahaha.
I've got almost all my Christmas Shopping done! I'll be posting a forum around the middle of November to see if anyone would like to do a Christmas Card chain with me (meaning send christmas cards to eachother) Can't wait!

tinkerbell2
09-22-2009, 10:35 AM
i have officially started cause i have got some tins of chocolates ready!!:santa-smiley:

kimmy
09-22-2009, 11:23 AM
i have officially started cause i have got some tins of chocolates ready!!:santa-smiley:

me too, i brought some today, they were doing an offer and my local co-op, two massive tines of quality streets and roses for £8.00:santahat:

tinkerbell2
09-22-2009, 11:35 AM
me too, i brought some today, they were doing an offer and my local co-op, two massive tines of quality streets and roses for £8.00:santahat:

thats a good price i think i shall pop off to the co-op during the week!!

Thanks for that!:santa-smiley: i go through no-end of tins during the christmas season..:santa-smiley:

Griswold
09-22-2009, 03:26 PM
Just started last week with my Christmas Vacations DVD. The weather finally started too be cooler here in Quebec. And my Christmas musics are already on my IPOD! This is so the best time of the year!!!

onemagicalchristmas
09-22-2009, 06:09 PM
I have most of my shopping done already. THe ladies are getting books, the kids are getting goodie bags with dollar tree crafts and fruit. THe men are a different story. I am going to start asking around to see what I can get for my nephews. I got Kris a new Bible since he is starting the school to be a preacher in January.

that leaves me with Michael, Joshua, dad, Owen, Cameron, John, Aiden, and baby girl due in November. to get for yet. any suggestions on what to get for Owen 11 yrs and Cameron 10 yrs. I have no earlthly idea what boys that age like. I got each of them to buy for and All I know is that they love money. But I like getting gifts for everyone. I may just get them gift cards who knows then I can mail them the week of CHristmas. I will be getting dollar tree things for John, Aiden, and baby girl and sending it out December !st. They won't get fruit or snacks because they are in Florida. Or do you think I should send them gift cards as well. I know John's favorite store is Dollar tree! he can find lots of goodies there. But I was thinking about walmart gift cards that would be 5 of them if I decide to go that route. :tree::christmastree::pumpkin:

olga
09-23-2009, 04:48 AM
This is so the best time of the year!!!

Yes it is!!

The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFtb3EtjEic)!!

:gelf::gelf:

kimmy
09-23-2009, 08:01 AM
oh and when they start selling mince pies in the shops :yahoo:

i went into my local shop today and they are selling them me and my kids love them :smitten:

christmas is defiantly on the way waaaahoooooooooooooo :dizzy: lol

just putting christmas music on NOW!!!!

Sean
09-25-2009, 05:41 PM
Five days left of September! Then the holiday season truly begins! Can’t waiiiiiiit.

:waving:

Holiday Mom
09-25-2009, 08:40 PM
Well, today at lunch we started talking about the work Christmas party - so exciting!!! I'm planning it this year as I usually do and I get so excited about it. My co-workers must think I'm nuts :tree:

olga
09-26-2009, 05:02 PM
Five days left of September! Then the holiday season truly begins! Can’t waiiiiiiit.

:waving:

Yeap!! I just wait for autumn to come, so that I can get into the Christmas spirit, better..
(Not that Im not already into..) :dance:

ChristmasFanatic
09-27-2009, 04:30 PM
I keep a lot of small Christmas tiems out, year round, so I'm always in the spirit, but come late August/early September and it really goes into high drive for me. :dance:

ikey2
09-28-2009, 10:13 AM
I keep a lot of small Christmas tiems out, year round, so I'm always in the spirit, but come late August/early September and it really goes into high drive for me. :dance:

that's sounds just like me as well. I typically have a few things out that are Christmas all year at the house or even work.

ChristmasFanatic
09-28-2009, 10:24 PM
Some items, I just feel shouldn't be 'hidden' away and brought out only at Christmas. I'm like a big kid, I want all the things I treasure, right here beside me, all the time! :candycane1:

olga
09-29-2009, 07:36 AM
Some items, I just feel shouldn't be 'hidden' away and brought out only at Christmas. I'm like a big kid, I want all the things I treasure, right here beside me, all the time! :candycane1:

I couldnt agree more. I feel exactly like that!
In my bedroom I still have lights on the curtains..
I always have my Christmas Books on the commode and a big Chistmas frog is always hanging on my bedroom door.. :waving:

I just love to have Christmas with me all year...

I know I will never grow up and I love it!! :jumping:

Christmasplease
09-29-2009, 01:43 PM
Well, because I share a room with my hubby, I can only get away with a tiny decorated Christmas tree on my dresser. Well it's about 12" high. I only put it there 2 days ago. He hasn't commented yet!:christmastree:

tinkerbell2
09-29-2009, 04:44 PM
its now feeling christmassy cause i've got the christmas chocolates in...:presents3:

DJTEEL
09-29-2009, 08:05 PM
seems like i begin to feel that christmas thingy right about the time the nights get cool here in dallas.our first officially cool night was about two weeks ago when it began to drop to "sweater" weather by late evening.in fact yesterday i was out at 4am & wearing a jacket would have been comfortable.but i would've felt weird walking into walmart wearing one.
september has to do with that christmassy feeling because i see halloween stuff in the stores.:pumpkin: halloween reminds me of christmas,as october 31st might as well be the first day of november.it's on november 1st (late halloween night/early nov.1st)that the tv cable channels "showcase" and sounds of the seasons" begin to broadcast christmas music and continue through the rest of the holiday season:carols:
i always look forward to that.october is also not far from thanksgiving which also reminds me of christmas.but initially,i get the 'feeling' in september and this year it was mid september.

Sean
09-30-2009, 08:51 PM
"Cool weather" in Arizona is supposed to start today; mind you we consider anything under 100 degrees cool here! High of 95 and lows in the 60s! It may sound weird if you live somewhere cold but just the fact that it’s under 100 now I can feel Christmas coming!

Oh btw last day of September!!! :carols:

steph535
10-01-2009, 01:08 AM
"Cool weather" in Arizona is supposed to start today; mind you we consider anything under 100 degrees cool here! High of 95 and lows in the 60s! It may sound weird if you live somewhere cold but just the fact that it’s under 100 now I can feel Christmas coming!

Oh btw last day of September!!! :carols:

I kinda know what you mean. I have lived in Florida for 5 years, (I'm originally from Michigan) and, although we usually don't get above, say, 92 or so, since we have the high humidity, it feels a lot hotter. Well, we had a 'cold front' come in last night, which meant that when I took the kids to school this morning, it was in the 60's and low humidity. (well, low for us anyway.) I can't tell you how wonderful it felt. I can't honestly say it made me feel Christmas, but that is partially because I know it will only last for a couple days and then the hot weather will be back again and partially because of having lived most of my life in Michigan. I'll tell ya, it takes some getting used to, going Christmas shopping in shorts, a t-shirt, and sandals. lol.

olga
10-01-2009, 05:03 AM
seems like i begin to feel that christmas thingy right about the time the nights get cool here in dallas.our first officially cool night was about two weeks ago when it began to drop to "sweater" weather by late evening.in fact yesterday i was out at 4am & wearing a jacket would have been comfortable.but i would've felt weird walking into walmart wearing one.
september has to do with that christmassy feeling because i see halloween stuff in the stores.:pumpkin: halloween reminds me of christmas,as october 31st might as well be the first day of november.it's on november 1st (late halloween night/early nov.1st)that the tv cable channels "showcase" and sounds of the seasons" begin to broadcast christmas music and continue through the rest of the holiday season:carols:
i always look forward to that.october is also not far from thanksgiving which also reminds me of christmas.but initially,i get the 'feeling' in september and this year it was mid september.

Have yourself a merry little..... :welcome: !!!!!

Hello!! We are glad our family is growing!! Hope you feel here like home!!!

:yahoo:

Elvira1986
10-01-2009, 05:23 AM
It may have something to do with this forum, but I am starting to feel it now. It is more autumny here now(rains quite a bit) and I am wearing warmer clothing.

olga
10-01-2009, 07:20 AM
It may have something to do with this forum, but I am starting to feel it now. It is more autumny here now(rains quite a bit) and I am wearing warmer clothing.

I think autumn does not want to visit my country, this year... 30c today in a really hot day...

Elvira1986
10-01-2009, 07:52 AM
I think autumn does not want to visit my country, this year... 30c today in a really hot day...

Wow. Here it's about 17c. And a bit cloudy/rainy :smitten:

angelpugs
10-01-2009, 11:49 AM
It's been cold here as our mountain areas have seen a little light snow flurries so we know it's coming as this has put me in the mood to really get going as i have got my lights all set and went through my other decorations as i am still buying a few more things and buying my pugs their christmas outfits as they get decorated to.This is such a wonderful site it keeps the mood going.:carols::christmastree:

ikey2
10-01-2009, 12:37 PM
It's been cold here as our mountain areas have seen a little light snow flurries so we know it's coming as this has put me in the mood to really get going as i have got my lights all set and went through my other decorations as i am still buying a few more things and buying my pugs their christmas outfits as they get decorated to.This is such a wonderful site it keeps the mood going.:carols::christmastree:

WOW!!!! I am so jelious that you live up in the MTNS.. SO i hope that this holiday season gets you lots of snow up there.

Christmasplease
10-01-2009, 12:42 PM

Cool!

I hope at some point you'll post pics of your decorated Christmas Pugs.:smitten:

angelpugs
10-01-2009, 01:10 PM
That's my favorite thing showing them to everyone as i am a very proud pug owner,they are my gifts everyday,can't wait to share them with everyone here.:christmastree::presents3:

Sean
10-01-2009, 07:01 PM
Finally October is here!! woot! :tree:

PumpkinJack81
10-01-2009, 08:53 PM
Finally October is here!! woot! :tree:

I agree!!!! :D :yahoo: :pumpkin:

Elvira1986
10-02-2009, 05:31 AM

I love pugs. They have a great personality! I have a half pug/half espagneul myself and he is the sweetest thing ever.

Sean
10-02-2009, 02:34 PM
Well id have the christmas tree up now that its october but the rest of the family would think im off my knocker. Oh wait too late for that! :gelf:

ChristmasFanatic
10-02-2009, 11:02 PM
LOL...my family and friends are used to me and my love for all things classic sci-fi/horror and Christmas, so right now, the living room is kind of an odd mix of Autumn/Halloween/Christmas! :jumping:

Christmasplease
10-02-2009, 11:03 PM
LOL...my family and friends are used to me and my love for all things classic sci-fi/horror and Christmas, so right now, the living room is kind of an odd mix of Autumn/Halloween/Christmas! :jumping:

Ok, I needto know, what Christmas stuff do you have out already?:gelf:

devoy26
10-03-2009, 10:39 AM
i start feeling the christmas spirit at the start of november when the shops put up their decorations and the place looks like santas grotto. im 30 years old but it makes me feel like a 6yr old all over again. the decorations and a christmas song and im in heaven.
:yahoo:

ChristmasFanatic
10-03-2009, 11:52 PM
Ok, I needto know, what Christmas stuff do you have out already?:gelf:

Let's see, in the kitchen, I have several Santa/Mrs Claus/snowmen/Peanuts salt and pepper shakers displayed on our hutch. In the living room, I have my Rudolph village pieces, some Christmasy snow globes, a White Christmas musical snow globe, three pieces of a Nativity set that my Grandma painted in ceramics as well as some other 'Rudolph' pieces. Upstairs, I have Rudolph pieces, Charlie Brown/Peanuts pieces, Frosty pieces, Flintstones pieces on display as well as a Santa Claus (1959) original film poster, two lobby cards from the film on display and some various other Christmas pieces. Christmas is never completely over, in this house. LOL

Christmasplease
10-04-2009, 06:11 PM
Let's see, in the kitchen, I have several Santa/Mrs Claus/snowmen/Peanuts salt and pepper shakers displayed on our hutch. In the living room, I have my Rudolph village pieces, some Christmasy snow globes, a White Christmas musical snow globe, three pieces of a Nativity set that my Grandma painted in ceramics as well as some other 'Rudolph' pieces. Upstairs, I have Rudolph pieces, Charlie Brown/Peanuts pieces, Frosty pieces, Flintstones pieces on display as well as a Santa Claus (1959) original film poster, two lobby cards from the film on display and some various other Christmas pieces. Christmas is never completely over, in this house. LOL

Cool!:smitten:

ChristmasFanatic
10-04-2009, 11:44 PM
Thanks, I'll try and post a link to some of what the house looks like, year round. :gelf:

ajfree
10-05-2009, 05:09 PM
HELLO CHRISTMAS FANATICS: Yahoo :yahoo: I am so glad there are other kooks out there just like me. LOL I started feeling and thinking about Christmas this year in the middle of September but tried to ignore the urges. My husband would absolutely freak out if I put anything out before November 1. I usually compromise and start on the 15th of November. But I have some very lovely and beautiful fall decorations and I LOVVVVE TO do tablescapes. I just finished fall/Thanksgiving dining tablescape and sideboard. So that kind of pacifies my need. This year I am going to go through all my christmas stuff and get rid of some of it (which I have a lot) and I want to have a completely different tree. I have already bought a few Christmas gifts and would have bought more if the money was abundant.

steph535
10-05-2009, 07:59 PM
welcome ajfree!! we're glad you have joined us. There's only about 6 weeks til I get to start decorating and putting up the tree! yahooo!

angelpugs
10-05-2009, 10:03 PM
As it has gotten cooler here and we have seen snow showers so that puts us in the mood as we are waiting for our first snow and i've already watched a couple of my movies.Can't wait for the big day as i call it decorating day.:yahoo::tree::merrychristmas:

olga
10-06-2009, 01:31 PM
Two stores near my house get ready to put their decorations up.. Then, I will feel better the holiday season, since autumn does not seem to visit Greece this year..

:smitten:

ANGWife
10-07-2009, 03:44 PM
I have been watching Christmas movies this week:smitten:

Once Black Friday rolls around, I'm in full Christmas mood.

olga
10-07-2009, 03:54 PM
I have been watching Christmas movies this week:smitten:

Once Black Friday rolls around, I'm in full Christmas mood.

Any particular movie?? :santa:

Sean
10-07-2009, 09:21 PM
Well I’ve been upset with the Wal-Mart near my house this year. They have not put up any of their decorations for Christmas yet. Usually they are up at the end of September but now it’s already the 7th and no decorations to browse. But I guess it’s for the best it will help build up the excitement for Christmas. :jumping:

iluvdaholidays
10-07-2009, 09:49 PM
When do I start to feel the holiday season?

Usually first week of November. I start drinking my coffee with gingerbread or eggnog flavoring. I'll ease in some Christmas music in the car and at home. By the middle of the month, Christmas decorations start going up around the city and one of the local radio stations go 24/7 with Christmas music. And of course day after Thanksgiving, it's full blown Christmas mode!. :yahoo:

Sean
10-07-2009, 09:58 PM
Welcome to all things christmas! Glad to have ya aboard! :santa:

olga
10-08-2009, 07:21 AM
Well I’ve been upset with the Wal-Mart near my house this year. They have not put up any of their decorations for Christmas yet. Usually they are up at the end of September but now it’s already the 7th and no decorations to browse. But I guess it’s for the best it will help build up the excitement for Christmas. :jumping:

My problem here, in my country, is that stores do not put their decorations until the first days of November... And I do not know where to go and buy my Christmas things, as my decoration begins the first day of November...

:singing:

olga
10-08-2009, 07:23 AM

Usually first week of November. I start drinking my coffee with gingerbread or eggnog flavoring. I'll ease in some Christmas music in the car and at home. By the middle of the month, Christmas decorations start going up around the city and one of the local radio stations go 24/7 with Christmas music. And of course day after Thanksgiving, it's full blown Christmas mode!. :yahoo:

:welcome: !!!!!!

Enjoy your stay!! :yahoo:

ikey2
10-08-2009, 09:58 AM

Well i hvae seen a few stores that allready have the seasonal flavors liek the eggnong, pumkin spice, and gingerbread.

Christmasplease
10-08-2009, 05:02 PM

:welcome: to the family!:yahoo:

Kittyskyfish
10-09-2009, 01:11 AM
Hey, WeLcOmE Ilovedaholidays!

I start feeling the Christmas spirit in September! For me and my husband, September starts the excitement of planning for all the holidays - Halloween Thanksgiving and Christmas. So we get excited in general for all the holidays and tinker with all three at once!

Sean
10-15-2009, 07:16 PM
october is just about half way over and let me just say the christmas itch is really getting harder and harder to control! :dance:

tinkerbell2
10-17-2009, 01:36 PM

:welcome: iluvdaholidays:welcome:

you will enjoy it here.:elf1:

angelpugs
10-17-2009, 02:26 PM
I've been buying christmas decor as it's getting close and i can't wait to start the decorating and putting my trees up hoping days go faster as this is awful all this waiting.:christmastree::presents1::waving:

kimmy
10-17-2009, 02:44 PM
october is just about half way over and let me just say the christmas itch is really getting harder and harder to control! :dance:

tell me about it, me and my daughter are dying to put the decorations up:tree1:

Sean
10-21-2009, 03:07 PM
oooooh its getting so close!! soon as it hits november first...POOF! up goes the christmas tree! :christmastree: :home:

SnowAngel
10-23-2009, 07:03 PM
I've become a Starbucks fan over the summer, pretty much addicted to them now. So for me, when the weather gets brisk and it's gray outside, I'll go and get a latte and pumpkin scone or vanilla bean scone. They are to die for!

Sean
11-04-2009, 12:56 AM
My christmas tree is up i will have photos posted later this week! :merrychristmas:

tinkerbell2
11-04-2009, 02:27 AM
next week sees the landing christmas tree up.........so then the

fun begins...:)

olga
11-04-2009, 02:41 AM
My christmas tree is up i will have photos posted later this week! :merrychristmas:

My tree is up too, Im looking for a camera to borrow from a friend, cause mine has broken..

:(

angelpugs
11-04-2009, 08:43 AM
My fun begins now as i have been buying more christmas things and watching my movies like white christmas and all the rest and am decorating.:carols::elf3:

Holiday Mom
11-04-2009, 09:01 AM
Okay, the the christmas boxes are all up from the storage room - this weekend is all about getting the lights and decorations done for the balcony - I know it's just a balcony, but we like to decorate it all nice so it lloks great from the street and from inside the apartment.

tinkerbell2
11-05-2009, 01:36 AM
feeling chrismassy now, next week the first tree goes up...:)

yahooooooo!!!!

SnowAngel
11-07-2009, 07:23 AM
The infamous ice skating rink at Rockefeller Center is already up and people are skating. Next comes the big christmas tree.

Home alone 2
11-07-2009, 11:34 PM
Feel it now . today I have been thinking about it allot , just want to put up the decorations now . But I guess we will wait till the end of this month because coming to the end of this month it will be the anniversary of my Uncles death so it would be disrespectful to put them up now.

Elvira1986
11-08-2009, 06:44 AM
I was in the garden centre today and the Christmas displays are almost finsihed. It was so lovely.

a few pictures(not made by me)

http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv12/Elvira1986_photos/kerstdorpduiven.jpg

http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv12/Elvira1986_photos/kerstduiven4.jpg

http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv12/Elvira1986_photos/kerstduiven3.jpg

http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv12/Elvira1986_photos/kerstduiven2.jpg

tinkerbell2
11-08-2009, 10:49 PM
I was in the garden centre today and the Christmas displays are almost finsihed. It was so lovely.

a few pictures(not made by me)

http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv12/Elvira1986_photos/kerstdorpduiven.jpg

http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv12/Elvira1986_photos/kerstduiven4.jpg

http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv12/Elvira1986_photos/kerstduiven3.jpg

http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv12/Elvira1986_photos/kerstduiven2.jpg

They are great pictures elvira....Thanks:)

olga
11-16-2009, 04:44 AM
I think Holiday season is almost here, stores are all decorated Christmas, most of Christmas Markets open in 10 days and a lot of families think seriously of putting the tree up.. So, I think November is the month where people start feel the holiday season..

:merrychristmas:

olga
11-16-2009, 04:51 AM
Okay, the the christmas boxes are all up from the storage room - this weekend is all about getting the lights and decorations done for the balcony - I know it's just a balcony, but we like to decorate it all nice so it lloks great from the street and from inside the apartment.

I know exactly what you mean..
We have a balcony too and we always try to make it shine every Christmas season!! :santa:

tringo
11-18-2009, 10:49 PM
For me i start to get the Christmas feeling in September time. Here in the UK it starts to get a little colder and the dark nights are not far behind.

My wife is not quite as a bad as Scrooge but she doesnt get too festive until December 1st - although she has been buying presents since August! As for decorations - i am not 'allowed' to put them up until the first weekend in December :(

Since we had our daughter, who is now almost 4 years old, i've found myself listening to and watching Christmas stuff from October onwards and planning what decorations i need to buy / or put up this year. I have started to listen to internet radio stations that play christmas music 24/7 365 days a year which is great!

Things are definelty feeling very festive in our house now as we have just booked a trip to Disneyland Paris in the week before Christmas which should be amazing!

steph535
11-19-2009, 01:42 AM
:welcome: We're so glad to have you here! And have a great time with your family at Disney.:elf1:

savor
11-29-2009, 11:18 PM
It might be when I'm in a store, May even be when I'm at the dentist!. It all has to do with hearing Christmas music! Hits me like a cool breeze and warms my heart. Even if they play it before Halloween. Christmas is grand!

olga
11-30-2009, 05:51 PM
For me i start to get the Christmas feeling in September time. Here in the UK it starts to get a little colder and the dark nights are not far behind.

My wife is not quite as a bad as Scrooge but she doesnt get too festive until December 1st - although she has been buying presents since August! As for decorations - i am not 'allowed' to put them up until the first weekend in December :(

Since we had our daughter, who is now almost 4 years old, i've found myself listening to and watching Christmas stuff from October onwards and planning what decorations i need to buy / or put up this year. I have started to listen to internet radio stations that play christmas music 24/7 365 days a year which is great!

Things are definelty feeling very festive in our house now as we have just booked a trip to Disneyland Paris in the week before Christmas which should be amazing!

Have a great stay here, friend !!! :welcome: on board!! Christmas is coming!! :elf1:

markgbarba1987
11-30-2009, 10:18 PM
uhmm... starting november after halloween I can feel christmas already... colddd.. :merrychristmas:

I_live_For_Paris
12-01-2009, 02:58 AM
November is almost over!!!! Tommorrow is the first day of December and I cant wait! Christmas is sooooo close!!!

olga
12-01-2009, 03:02 AM
November is almost over!!!! Tommorrow is the first day of December and I cant wait! Christmas is sooooo close!!!

Indeed!!! December is only a few hours away!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhjTHlui2ws

:elf3:

xmasfan
12-01-2009, 12:23 PM
Not a day before December 1. :-)

JJ147
12-01-2009, 12:44 PM
I pretty much start to get excited right after Thanksgiving is over, and it's earlier in Canada than it is in the states. I try to hold off showing it too much before December but sometimes it can't be helped. One of the best things about Christmas is the decorations and the movies and music so I can't stay away from all that for too long. I'm not alone in this am I?

DaleGuice
12-08-2009, 05:08 PM
September for me is the start of the Christmas season.

EffnDan
12-09-2009, 07:45 AM
Start to feel it on Nov. 1st.... cuz thats when all the decor goes up!! damn! early early

Caninemom3
05-15-2010, 11:52 AM
I never stop feeling the Holiday season but it becomes really strong around late September / early October

olga
05-15-2010, 04:00 PM
I never stop feeling the Holiday season but it becomes really strong around late September / early October

Yes, I agree so much... When September ends, nothing can really stop me..

Jordan
05-17-2010, 10:15 AM
It usually comes on pretty strong by September, but I don't give in to it fully until November. :)

MissSantaClaus
05-19-2010, 03:00 PM
I never stop feeling. At the Moment the feeling is really strong because the weather is so bad : D
But normally it becomes really strong at September / October

olga
05-19-2010, 06:43 PM
Why? Is it over????? :elf1: :elf1: :elf1: :elf1:

kam1187
05-22-2010, 11:01 AM
I always have the feeling year round. But its always strongest from september on.:dance:

Elf_Erv
05-24-2010, 06:43 AM
Though Christmas is within my spirit year around I really feel it the week after Halloween knowing its time to start preparing the decorating. Sometimes I can't wait for Halloween to get over with

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/Javern/Christmas/christmas38.gif

Caninemom3
05-24-2010, 06:57 AM
Though Christmas is within my spirit year around I really feel it the week after Halloween knowing its time to start preparing the decorating. Sometimes I can't wait for Halloween to get over with

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/Javern/Christmas/christmas38.gif

I feel the same way, Erv !!:christmastree:

SilverBells
06-21-2010, 03:03 AM
When September comes I really start to think about Christmas and by November It's Christmas season for me.:home:

olga
06-21-2010, 04:58 PM
When I come back from my summer vacations (at the end of August), I can not think of anything else, but.... CHRISTMAAAAAAAAAAS!!!!!!!!
:smiling angel::smiling angel::smiling angel::smiling angel:

MissSantaClaus
06-21-2010, 05:11 PM
Where do you go on vacation ?

olga
06-21-2010, 05:13 PM
Where do you go on vacation ?

Usually, 20 days in August.. :santa:

MissSantaClaus
06-21-2010, 05:15 PM
And where do you go on vacation? Or do you just stay at home? Sorry if i understand something wrong : D

olga
06-21-2010, 05:18 PM
And where do you go on vacation? Or do you just stay at home? Sorry if i understand something wrong : D

I always leave town, as, weather here is so hot, especially that month..
If I have some money, I choose an island to spend some days and then Im visiting my parents in their village, where the sea is wonderful and I spend all days swimming and having fun..

MissSantaClaus
06-21-2010, 05:21 PM
Ah ok. Sounds great :) And in November you come over to Germany and then we take long walks through the Christmas Markets :D

olga
06-21-2010, 05:23 PM
Ah ok. Sounds great :) And in November you come over to Germany and then we take long walks through the Christmas Markets :D

I would not want anything else, believe me.... :dance:

SilverBells
06-22-2010, 04:58 AM
Nice plans you have you two.:elf3:

olga
06-22-2010, 06:07 PM
Nice plans you have you two.:elf3:

I wish those plans could come true.. :sad elf:

MissSantaClaus
06-22-2010, 07:01 PM
I wish we would have a bigger flat. Then you would only need to pay the flight ; )

olga
06-22-2010, 07:44 PM
I wish we would have a bigger flat. Then you would only need to pay the flight ; )

Thanks in advance Mrs Santa Claus, you are very kind.. :santa:

jayden28
07-08-2010, 07:57 AM
For me it normally starts in october when the nights get longer,here in the uk it starts getting dark around 4pm in winter and with the cold weather that normally gets me in the mood for christmas.

olga
07-11-2010, 06:45 AM
For me it normally starts in october when the nights get longer,here in the uk it starts getting dark around 4pm in winter and with the cold weather that normally gets me in the mood for christmas.

Hi Jayden ,
Exactly when I start to feel the holiday season, too, even if I live in a really warm country and hardly see any cold winter..

stephmcuk
08-01-2010, 06:50 AM

yep me to, for some reason i feel excited for christmas now :elf1:

But not the same as i feel in october....once halloween and bon fire night is over i cannot contain the excitment.

SilverBells
08-02-2010, 04:10 AM
If it wasn't for this forum I would have supressed my need to talk about all things Christmas. I feel very Christmassy every summer but never more than this year. I do wonder why!:merrychristmas:

Home alone 2
08-02-2010, 04:58 AM
I have a strong feeling of it right now. It's freezing outside we have the fire on and its getting dark I love that feeling :rudolph: :snowman:

olga
08-02-2010, 03:56 PM
I have a strong feeling of it right now. It's freezing outside we have the fire on and its getting dark I love that feeling :rudolph: :snowman:

Come on!! I can not believe that!! :santa: Dont tell me you have already hung your stockings......... :tree1:

Home alone 2
08-02-2010, 10:51 PM
Come on!! I can not believe that!! :santa: Dont tell me you have already hung your stockings......... :tree1:

Oh not yet ! November time thats when the decorations go up. :rudolph:

SilverBells
08-03-2010, 02:05 AM

I am soooooo jealous.:snowman:

olga
08-03-2010, 02:39 AM
Oh not yet ! November time thats when the decorations go up. :rudolph:

:elf1: :elf1: :elf1:

Home alone 2
08-03-2010, 04:39 AM
When it starts to get dark at 4:00pm and isn't light till 8:00am - 8:30am thats when I know christmas is not very far away and the feeling really starts kicks in.

SilverBells
08-05-2010, 02:53 PM
June :elf1::elf1::elf1:

stephmcuk
08-17-2010, 11:38 PM
June :elf1::elf1::elf1:

lol, once you get to the second half of the year its hard not to think about it:elf3:

tinkerbell2
08-18-2010, 03:22 AM
I am starting to think about christmas now, where, what and how

to put everything I want everywhere.....:christmastree:

SilverBells
08-18-2010, 05:06 AM
I am starting to think about christmas now, where, what and how

to put everything I want everywhere.....:christmastree:

I always choose the paint colors for my living room according to the Christmas decorations. So with the redecorating I'm doing I think about those things too.:home:

*Snowflake*
09-02-2010, 05:06 PM
when is cold and the day is shorter, around october is perfet time to think about it:yahoo:

olga
09-02-2010, 08:32 PM
Every year, especially after my summer vacations, Christmas thoughts always become stronger.
Autumn is here, how could I possibly think of anything else, except Christmas?? :santa:

MissSantaClaus
09-03-2010, 02:34 PM
Slowly everything begins now. I can't believe it's September now.
In 2 months i start Christmas shopping.

SilverBells
09-03-2010, 02:51 PM
We're getting there :elf3:

tinkerbell2
09-03-2010, 04:04 PM
As soon as the garden centres start to decorate then the feeling get you..:elf1:

NCD
09-03-2010, 05:06 PM
Yes tinkerbell - I love going to our local garden centre, its fantastic at Christmas. Their displays are normally ready mid october as they also sell fireworks etc.

Now September is here and the mornings are actually that little bit darker and its getting dark around 8.15pm I know Christmas isnt that far away.:santa2:

We are off to find some Conkers tonight in the park and then after that its time to sit down and book our activities for our Winter Break to Centerparcs in December - cant wait!!!

Moley
09-03-2010, 05:44 PM
Autumn may be here but I sense the stores are holding back on their Christmas offerings in the hope of making the most of the good weather and getting the 'back to School' merchandising out of the way.

In contrast to last year there have yet to be any tabloid reports of towns putting up their Christmas lights ridiculously early.

Our local garden centre are advertising that their Christmas grotto will be opening as usual in early October, when it does I will share their web link with you, you'll find it a treat!

So all in all I feel that things are on the tipping point, but not starting to tip yet...

xdinkyxstephiex-
09-03-2010, 09:18 PM
hey ! for me i start feeling the hoilday season around halloween :pumpkin: for some reason im not quite sure what it is , its properly because all the christmas stuff in the shops are out and the days are freezing and the nights are darker and proper winter is setting in ! :D but saying that i have been feeling the christmas season / spirt since april / may as i cant stop thinking about it im already looking at what to my buy everyone ( family and friends ) and already in tesco's they have all there christmas chocolate tins out ! off rosies , quality street , celebrations , minture heros, mingles and terry's chocolate sements ! :D me and my mum was looking at them all just the other day ! and mum said we will have to buy them soon but i pointed if she brought them now they'd all be eaten by time christmas got here ! lolx

and i also have to agree with the garden centres at christmas ! me , my sister , dad , step mum , step sister and step borther all went to one off our local ones the other year too look at there decorations to put on our tree and i tell you my dad and step mum had alot off trouble getting us out there ! :dance: :yahoo:

love dinky steph aka steph :)

Myy79
09-06-2010, 03:48 PM
I think my feelings are going higher and higher when nights are going darker and darker. (Yes, here sun is not getting down in summertime so nights are bright) Now i start burn candles and maybe listening christmasmusic and making presents.

louisastreater
09-07-2010, 02:10 AM
yeah, i already started my shopping from : http://www.Bluechopsticks.com. And just waiting for Christmas always my holiday season..

SilverBells
09-07-2010, 04:21 AM
I think my feelings are going higher and higher when nights are going darker and darker. (Yes, here sun is not getting down in summertime so nights are bright)

Wow, what's that like? Do you get tired of it? Are those the "white nights"? Does your body need time to get used to it? :rudolph:

Myy79
09-07-2010, 03:54 PM
Yes, those are these white nights. Specially midsummer, then sun is not falling at all. Becouse of brightness we have a black-outcurtains in sleepingroom so we can sleep well.

So we have two extremitys: summer and winter. In middlewinter (christmastime) sun is not rising at all.

SilverBells
09-08-2010, 02:55 PM
...So we have two extremitys: summer and winter. In middlewinter (christmastime) sun is not rising at all.

I wouldn't mind that at all for Christmas time. :christmastree::home:

olga
09-08-2010, 06:13 PM
I wouldn't mind that at all for Christmas time. :christmastree::home:

Would not mind, either, TIATIA.. Just sitting in my living room, with only tree lights on.. :santa:

SilverBells
09-09-2010, 12:50 AM
Would not mind, either, TIATIA.. Just sitting in my living room, with only tree lights on.. :santa:

Yeah :elf3:

ChristmasKatie
09-23-2010, 01:43 AM
:smitten:I have to 'feed' my inner christmas with a christmas movie late September, try and focus on Autumn during October and then by November the shops are completely christmased out, songs on the radio etc...

I'm from England so we don't have thanksgiving to focus on! I'm just trying not to use up all my christmas spirit too early, but it is my all time favorite time of the year.

I almost feel christmassy now, but it's been a very hot September in England so far, but by ext week the temp is ment to drop by 10 degress C!!

Cannot wait!

(also yippee for finally having the courage for this first ever post!)

this website really makes me feel that the world is a wonderful place that so many people (like me) look forward to a time of year where it's just love and happiness xx

SilverBells
09-23-2010, 02:16 AM
:smitten:I have to 'feed' my inner christmas with a christmas movie late September, try and focus on Autumn during October and then by November the shops are completely christmased out, songs on the radio etc...

I'm from England so we don't have thanksgiving to focus on! I'm just trying not to use up all my christmas spirit too early, but it is my all time favorite time of the year.

I almost feel christmassy now, but it's been a very hot September in England so far, but by ext week the temp is ment to drop by 10 degress C!!

Cannot wait!

(also yippee for finally having the courage for this first ever post!)

this website really makes me feel that the world is a wonderful place that so many people (like me) look forward to a time of year where it's just love and happiness xx

Congratulations for your first post. And :welcome::welcome::welcome: to a fantastic forum.

ChristmasKatie
09-23-2010, 04:07 AM
thank you! my gosh it IS fantastic, i don't think i've ever had the pleasure to talk to people who love xmas as much as i do! it's fantastic and a real joy to read xxxx

ornamentmaven
09-23-2010, 04:09 AM
Welcome Christmas Katie. This site is addicting!

Christmas Angel
09-23-2010, 05:21 AM
I usually feel the holiday season the most when there are christmas things in the shops. :welcome:ChristmasKatie this is a great forum I joined last week. Im from England too and yes September has been quite warm especially in the afternoon! Hope you enjoy it on here.

ChristmasKatie
09-23-2010, 05:31 AM
whoop another Englander!

Also, i've noticed loads of holly with red berries, and my mum always used to say that meant it was going to be a long cold winter! i really hope that's true because otherwise all the holly will have (flowered? berried itself i guess)for no reason xx

SilverBells
09-24-2010, 12:18 AM
whoop another Englander!

... i really hope that's true because otherwise all the holly will have (flowered? berried itself i guess)for no reason xx

That's funny. Berried itself. :santahat:

olga
10-13-2010, 04:46 PM
So we have two extremitys: summer and winter. In middlewinter (christmastime) sun is not rising at all.

Myy79, you mean, its always night?? :eek:
Not even a small, tiny sun, just for one hour????

SilverBells
10-14-2010, 01:22 AM
Myy79, you mean, its always night?? :eek:
Not even a small, tiny sun, just for one hour????

You really enjoy Christmas lights a lot. Cool.:rudolph:

Sean
10-20-2010, 01:42 AM
So when I made this thread a couple years ago I did not expect it to last or become this long! Thats very cool! :gelf:

christmastree
10-20-2010, 02:37 AM
I start to think about christmas after my summer holiday, then get really excited as soon as it gets cold and dark. Which its just started to do now.
Feeling very christmassy now as just found this forum.
I am a bit loopy about christmas and wont go on a sun holiday abroad later than september as i always say i'm too busy thinking bout christmas to go anywhere sunny.

SilverBells
10-20-2010, 03:05 AM
So when I made this thread a couple years ago I did not expect it to last or become this long! Thats very cool! :gelf:

Yes it is :elf3:

Sean
10-24-2010, 04:25 AM
Well I know its not even November but I already have put up a few small christmas tree's round the house...couldnt help myself! :christmastree:

tinkerbell2
10-25-2010, 12:49 AM
Well I know its not even November but I already have put up a few small christmas tree's round the house...couldnt help myself! :christmastree:

That's great Sean....I can't bring myself to put anything up yet...:presents3:

merky
10-25-2010, 02:28 AM
The begniing of December for me, when our tree goes up.

neatheyc
10-26-2010, 09:43 PM
Hi all!

Am so glad to have found this forum! And I thought it was just me that still gets excited over Christmas.

Most of my friends and family don't really like Christmas, but for me, its the best bit of the year and is something that I always look forward to. Even though I am 34!

I am starting to get excited now. I usually try and contain myself until December. But I can see me visiting all the garden centres soon to see their decorations.

Christian

tinkerbell2
10-26-2010, 09:44 PM
Hi all!

Am so glad to have found this forum! And I thought it was just me that still gets excited over Christmas.

Most of my friends and family don't really like Christmas, but for me, its the best bit of the year and is something that I always look forward to. Even though I am 34!

I am starting to get excited now. I usually try and contain myself until December. But I can see me visiting all the garden centres soon to see their decorations.

Christian

Hey :welcome: to the forum...:presents2:

As to visiting the garden centres .......I agree..:elf3:

mikaldinho
10-26-2010, 10:08 PM
welcome to the forum!

SilverBells
10-26-2010, 11:30 PM
Hi all!

Christian

Hi and :welcome: to this fantastic forum.:elf3:

MinnesotaMike
11-02-2010, 03:17 AM
I've been frequenting some of our local stores that have already been stocking shelves with Christmas decorations for about 3 weeks now! I've already bought all the additional lights to go on my exterior display this year. I will be hanging the outside lights next weekend!! However, I won't light them until Thanksgiving night.

SilverBells
11-02-2010, 04:22 AM
When November comes and Christmas commercials appear I think it's official. Christmas is near.

Christmas_mama
11-02-2010, 05:41 AM
Well I'm jealous of you both! We won't put our's up until the day of or the day after Thanksgiving. :christmastree:

Do you mind explaining what Thanksgiving is please? I see it a lot on programs like Friends and Buffy the Vampire Slayer and other american series' and get the gist of it being a Roast dinner, and soemthing to do with native Americans? Or am I waaaay off? Haha! How close to Christmas is Thanks Giving celebrated? Which day of the year? Is it to do with Christmas, or a separate holiday?

Sorry for the questions. I hope you don't mind me asking but I'm so curious!

ornamentmaven
11-02-2010, 07:45 AM
Thanksgiving was originally celebrated by the pilgrims in the 1600's in celebration of a successful harvest and food gathering and hunting. The pilgrims (who sailed from England) celebrated with the Native Americans who helped them get through the year! It was meant to give thanks to God for his blessings and that they had survived the brutal year full of hardships. It did not become a national holiday until years later. It is held on the 4th Thursday of November. It involves eating great food and spending time with family. Traditionally the meal consists of Roast Turkey with gravy, bread/herb stuffing, potatoes, yams, various vegetables and breads, cranberry sauce, and pies (especially pumpkin). The exact menu varies from region to region and family to family. We watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade which kicks off the holiday season and football games! The day after is Black Friday and is the official kickoff of the holiday shopping season! Hope this explains! It is a much treasured and enjoyable holiday!

*Snowflake*
11-03-2010, 12:50 AM
When November comes and Christmas commercials appear I think it's official. Christmas is near.

+1:dance:

Christmas_mama
11-03-2010, 07:08 AM
Thanksgiving was originally celebrated by the pilgrims in the 1600's in celebration of a successful harvest and food gathering and hunting. The pilgrims (who sailed from England) celebrated with the Native Americans who helped them get through the year! It was meant to give thanks to God for his blessings and that they had survived the brutal year full of hardships. It did not become a national holiday until years later. It is held on the 4th Thursday of November. It involves eating great food and spending time with family. Traditionally the meal consists of Roast Turkey with gravy, bread/herb stuffing, potatoes, yams, various vegetables and breads, cranberry sauce, and pies (especially pumpkin). The exact menu varies from region to region and family to family. We watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade which kicks off the holiday season and football games! The day after is Black Friday and is the official kickoff of the holiday shopping season! Hope this explains! It is a much treasured and enjoyable holiday!

Aw thank you for the explanation! That sounds awesome! I wish we had Thanks giving here in the UK! :smitten:

ornamentmaven
11-03-2010, 11:06 AM
You're welcome!

SilverBells
11-04-2010, 12:33 AM
Aw thank you for the explanation! That sounds awesome! I wish we had Thanks giving here in the UK! :smitten:

I wish the same. It is a great holiday.

ornamentmaven
11-04-2010, 02:24 AM
It always feels to me that it is a very sincere and heartfelt holiday!

MinnesotaMike
11-04-2010, 04:50 AM
Christmas vibes make me feel a way that is almost indescribable.

ornamentmaven
11-05-2010, 06:00 AM
My 16 year old daughter and I were discussing Christmas yesterday. She is just so excited this year! Its so good to hear! My older daughter (25) is also excited and volunteered to put together our Christmas Eve buffet!

MinnesotaMike
11-05-2010, 06:24 AM
Don't you just hate it when you're in a store, and you hear someone complaining about Christmas stuff being out already?

ChristmasCrazy
11-05-2010, 08:46 AM
Oh, I do hate that! I absolutely can't wait and am so excited to see the first signs of Christmas in the stores. When I hear people complain, it makes me sad. They don't know what they are missing. I am a Christmas freak but I don't really let people know.

ornamentmaven
11-06-2010, 02:17 AM
I hate that too! It's funny because every year they say "It's earlier and earlier every year"! If that were true, Christmas stuff would be out in May!

SilverBells
11-06-2010, 05:34 AM
Oh, I do hate that! I absolutely can't wait and am so excited to see the first signs of Christmas in the stores. When I hear people complain, it makes me sad. They don't know what they are missing. I am a Christmas freak but I don't really let people know.

:elf3: You are so right :elf3: They don't know what they're missing.:christmastree:

Ali13
11-15-2010, 02:45 PM
I started feeling Christmassy towards the end of August, i'm the only one I know who is so enthusiastic about Christmas, i've been picking up little Christmas things here and there in shops and planning presents for people.

Since November has come i've started ordering presents online, I would prefer to be out in the freezing cold nights going from shop to shop buying presents however, just feels that much more Christmassy. :santa1:

jrsygrl71
01-17-2011, 06:40 AM
I think I start getting into the Christmas mood come September. Once the fall rolls in, it comes fast! I love the fall/harvest season & look forward to Halloween, Thanksgiving & of course, my all time favorite- Christmas! I get the holiday blues starting December 26th. Christmas couldn't be farther away & that makes me so sad. I've been collecting Hallmark ornaments since 1996 & my tree is loaded with them & it rotates. I put it up the weekend before Thanksgiving since it takes so long to do all by myself.

JollyElfDC
01-17-2011, 08:59 AM
It's mid January, and I'm already thinking about Christmas 2011!