PDA

View Full Version : Christmas in Swedish

Becca.Umeko
10-20-2008, 05:29 PM
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year in swedish is God Jul och ett Gott Nytt Ar, basiclly if you transelate it perfectly it's Good Yule and a Good New Year ^^ God and Gott is the same word just looks different in different sentences.

I'm going to write alot about Swedish traditions and crafts and other goodies here for you to read and maybe try on if you'd like ^^

Merry Christmas Darling
10-23-2008, 05:57 AM
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year in swedish is God Jul och ett Gott Nytt Ar, basiclly if you transelate it perfectly it's Good Yule and a Good New Year ^^ God and Gott is the same word just looks different in different sentences.

I'm going to write alot about Swedish traditions and crafts and other goodies here for you to read and maybe try on if you'd like ^^

Welcome, Becca! It will be great to learn about Christmas in Sweden.

onemagicalchristmas
10-26-2008, 09:50 PM
I am excited to hear how you celebrate! presents

PumpkinJack81
10-27-2008, 02:11 AM
Welcome, Becca! It will be great to learn about Christmas in Sweden.

Yes, welcome to the forums! :waving:

tlazer
12-13-2008, 10:31 PM
Yes please post more! !!presents

jultjej
12-11-2009, 03:12 AM

Hi Becca! Yes, would be great to see more Swedish Christmas here. :christmastree:

Some words to add:
Jul - Christmas
tomte - a santa (not THE santa claus), this is from the folkloric history
julgran - christmas tree
julbocke - christmas goat

i'm blanking out on the rest atm.