PDA

View Full Version : Keep the decorations inside!

FunnyGames
10-08-2008, 09:22 AM
Hey guys.

Look at this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uCOfPuagMg.

What do you think about decorating your house with lights. I think it is a really good way to make your neighbours your enemies. Decoration should stay inside the house (maybe with an exception of a really cute snowman... :))

/FG

onemagicalchristmas
10-09-2008, 02:37 AM
I doubt my neighbors would mind but I don't see anyone have outside lawn displays in this trailor park we all keep the lights inside not much traffic for anyone to see.
:gelf:

PumpkinJack81
10-09-2008, 03:27 AM
I hadn't seen this house yet, but it is definitely a lot like the one that became very popular a couple years back with the same TSO song no doubt. I don't mind Christmas lights outside at all, but I will say that I am getting tired of so many people doing the big lights and music shows now. As I said, I remember watching the web video a year or so back that had a house with it's lights synched to this TSO song and I thought it was amazing. Now I've seen so many other videos online using the same song and the same types of lights and light patterns that it's getting old.

PumpkinJack81
10-09-2008, 03:29 AM
I just watched this video and it's a nice one...I really enjoy the soft glow of their lights, as well as the basic red, green and white lights only:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot-B4V8oqPQ

noelglori
10-10-2008, 06:36 PM
That was really nice. Thanks for sharing.

PumpkinJack81
10-12-2008, 02:54 AM
That was really nice. Thanks for sharing.

I'm glad you enjoyed them...Thanks for watching! :waving:

ladyice
10-13-2008, 03:49 AM
I think that people should be creative with their displays. I agree the first year was amazing for the synch'd show, but now there seems to be so many of them

PumpkinJack81
10-13-2008, 01:59 PM
I think that people should be creative with their displays. I agree the first year was amazing for the synch'd show, but now there seems to be so many of them

So do I...It's nice to drive through neighborhoods and see the interesting ways people display lights. Some can be very tacky, but many are beautiful. :christmastree: Thanks for your input on the synched displays. I'm just tired of seeing so many people try to do that.

SantaClaus
10-14-2008, 03:13 AM
Very Nice!

Ms_Speedy_Elf
10-18-2008, 01:25 PM
Nice and tastefully done. Some people to me just go over board .

PumpkinJack81
10-21-2008, 12:00 PM
Nice and tastefully done. Some people to me just go over board .

Like these people? :dizzy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWxImv49bEE

Sean
10-23-2008, 07:56 PM
If the space station can see your light display...you know you have to many lights...:dizzy:

onemagicalchristmas
10-24-2008, 01:42 AM
That was too much! very tacky. Also I would hate to have to pay his winter electric bills!

PumpkinJack81
10-24-2008, 01:05 PM
If the space station can see your light display...you know you have to many lights...:dizzy:

Ha ha, that reminds me of Deck the Halls and how badly the guy wanted his house to be seen from space. :rudolph::christmastree::rudolph:

PumpkinJack81
10-24-2008, 01:22 PM
That was too much! very tacky. Also I would hate to have to pay his winter electric bills!

I would too...Expensive! $$$$

Sean
10-24-2008, 06:00 PM
I think less is more when it comes to christmas lights outside. You wanna get a warm feeling when looking at the decorations...not that you might be getting a tan from it being so bright. :dizzy:

PumpkinJack81
10-24-2008, 06:07 PM
I think less is more when it comes to christmas lights outside. You wanna get a warm feeling when looking at the decorations...not that you might be getting a tan from it being so bright. :dizzy:

Great way of putting it! :santahat:

ladyice
10-25-2008, 03:47 AM
Ha ha, that reminds me of Deck the Halls and how badly the guy wanted his house to be seen from space. :rudolph::christmastree::rudolph:

I remember that movie, I saw it in the theater :santahat:

onemagicalchristmas
10-25-2008, 08:08 PM
I didn't get to see it yet but I want the dvd of it! Maybe Santa will bring me a copy! showing presents

ladyice
10-25-2008, 10:43 PM
It's pretty cute for a Christmas movie. My two favorites though are National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and Santa Claus: The Movie.

ladyice
10-25-2008, 10:46 PM
Oh and Alastair Sims' A Christmas Carol, how could I forget that one!

PumpkinJack81
10-26-2008, 03:18 AM
I remember that movie, I saw it in the theater :santahat:

We did too, it was fun!

I didn't get to see it yet but I want the dvd of it! Maybe Santa will bring me a copy! showing presents
Maybe so... :santa:

It's pretty cute for a Christmas movie. My two favorites though are National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and Santa Claus: The Movie.

Two of my faves as well! :gelf:

onemagicalchristmas
10-26-2008, 03:59 AM
I will put it on my list and maybe my BIL will get it for me. He usually asks what I want.:santahat:

judypancoast
11-08-2008, 07:33 PM
Back in 1984 I was in the middle of a divorce and had moved about 100 miles away from the home I'd shared with my husband. I was lonely and depressed and I had a depressing little apartment. I was driving home one night from work, it was around 11:30pm, and I was feeling so sad, when I came around the corner and saw this amazing house just blazing with all kinds of merry, twinkling lights. I had to pull over and just stare at it for awhile. It really lifted my spirits to think that the owners of this house had gone out of their way, out of nothing but the spirit of the season, to make passers-by, especially children, happy. The next day I went out and got a tiny little tree and some lights and decorated my little apartment. That display really helped turn my attitude around, and I always wished I'd left them some sort of a note on their doorstep.
If you owned a house like that in Westbrook, Maine back in the mid-eighties, please know that you really made a difference in a sad woman's life. Thank you!
And THAT's what I think about Christmas lights on a house!

onemagicalchristmas
11-09-2008, 12:42 AM
thanks for sharing. I love to stop and look at christmas lights to!

Christmas Queen
11-17-2008, 12:38 AM
I love ALL decorations, lights, etc...
The more the Merry-er! LOL!:christmastree:

kiwithingee
11-20-2008, 11:31 AM
I like it and agree. Too mch is just vulgar and annoying if you can't sleep because the neighbours house is as bright as a nuclear explosion

Mistletoe
03-13-2009, 08:28 PM
When I see a house overly decorated I just think how much Christmas Spirit they must have to do all that work! I wouldn't have that much stuff, but it makes me happy to think that they are happy doing it. Then again, I don't have one of those houses near me, so I couldn't say if I'd feel the same if their lights were keeping me awake at night. ;)

PumpkinJack81
04-03-2009, 12:26 PM
When I see a house overly decorated I just think how much Christmas Spirit they must have to do all that work! I wouldn't have that much stuff, but it makes me happy to think that they are happy doing it. Then again, I don't have one of those houses near me, so I couldn't say if I'd feel the same if their lights were keeping me awake at night. ;)

That's a very good point...Just because someone puts up a lot of lights doesn't mean they're doing it to purposefully look tacky or get attention. They may just be HUGE Christmas enthusiasts who like to decorate their home. :christmastree: