PDA

View Full Version : Accidentally finding your Christmas presents

yuletide
10-07-2008, 11:12 PM
Did anyone ever accidentally come across your Christmas Presents before Christmas Day?

I remember one time when I was a child, I was in my parents room and I opened the wardrobe and I found a Ghostbusters Gun. It was a torch that had slides if ghosts on it, so when you pressed the button it projected the images. When I told my mother that I had found it she told me it was my cousins Christmas present. Then on Christmas morning when I opened my presents I discovered that the Ghostbusters Gun was mine. It was a brilliant present.

Another Christmas I walked into my sisters room where I found my brother, mother and sisters playing an Atari 2600. They quickly turned it off and on Christmas Morning I discovered that the 2600 Atari was actually my Christmas present. They were trying it out themselves when I walked in on them all playing it.:christmastree:

PumpkinJack81
10-09-2008, 03:08 AM
Those are two great stories yuletide! And what classic gifts! :D

noelglori
10-10-2008, 06:40 PM
No, I never came across any of my gifts before Christmas. I was very afraid of my Mother and what she would do if I snoped and found my gifts.
But on Christmas Day, my Mother would come across one of my gifts that she hid and forgot. So when I would go up the road to a relative's house, she would put the gift under the tree and tell me later that Santa forgot to leave it earlier. This happened many times. LOL.

ladyice
11-02-2008, 10:04 PM
No, because if I had looked for them and found them my mom would most likely have taken them back and maybe bought something else for me. She would have been really hurt too.

So I didn't look, besides I wanted to keep it a surprise. And to be honest, it would have hurt my mom's feelings. She loves Christmas more than I do. She likes to surprise everyone.

onemagicalchristmas
11-03-2008, 12:20 AM
My mom used to play with my presents before wrapping them. she had her door locked though while she and my sister played with them. But I didn't know back then and we (us girls ) knew better than to peak but my brother would tear holes in the paper to see what he got.them tape them back up. He was found out one year and they stopped bying his so early. But mom never took anything back.

JollyElfDC
11-10-2008, 02:39 AM
I remember snooping and finding my gifts one year. It really took the fun out of it and I never did it again. I remember one present was a bathrobe, not exactly a fun gift anyway.

glone
11-16-2008, 11:04 PM
I found them one time, but by this time I was already 14 or so, and already knew about Santa. So it didn't ruin anything for me as far as Santa is concerned. But I did sneak a peek, and felt super guilty for doing it. haha I never looked for Christmas presents after that again.

jadeblue
12-17-2008, 03:29 PM
Wish you all a very merry x'mas!

onemagicalchristmas
12-17-2008, 07:35 PM
I remember one year mom let me see everything I got for christmas before christmas morning. It ruined christmas that year and I never asked what I got agian. Now my hubby needs to secret santa my gifts so I can be surprised. He has a hard time shopping for me but I usually get everything I ask for. No surprises there. so next year I am going to give him a list of 20 things I want and let his brother take him shopping for me so I won't know everything I get.

charminggiftstore
12-24-2008, 04:14 PM
I came across my "Wheel of Fortune" board game and my "Get In Shape Girl" ballet/workout set. Every year after that, I intentionally went looking for my gifts :)

Denise Wilson
Charming Gift Store
http://www.charminggiftstore.com
Great Gift Baskets For Every Occasion!

MacShirts
08-06-2009, 05:33 AM
I remember snooping and finding my gifts one year. It really took the fun out of it and I never did it again. I remember one present was a bathrobe, not exactly a fun gift anyway.

I know exactly how you feel. My little brother and I were the worst at this. I remember this one year my mom tried to hide our presents out in our trailer/RV but we snuck in through a storage compartment that can be accessed from the outside. We popped the lock and crawled in, to find Star Wars action figures and random Pokemon stuff...it totally sucked the fun out of Christmas. No one in my family trusts me anymore, even though I refuse to ever peek again

gummgirl
08-06-2009, 07:10 AM
Are you kidding!? I still do this and I am in my twenties! Yes it ruins the suprise but I like to know what I've gotten. I even do this on my birthday! I may have a problem is there a program for Snooping Anonymous? :p

MacShirts
08-07-2009, 03:36 AM
Are you kidding!? I still do this and I am in my twenties! Yes it ruins the suprise but I like to know what I've gotten. I even do this on my birthday! I may have a problem is there a program for Snooping Anonymous? :p

Haha yes I think you may have a problem ;-) but thats ok, as long as you're happy doing it :D I think I just out grew it, plus all of my presents are in other peoples homes, otherwise... :santahat:

gummgirl
08-07-2009, 06:39 AM
See that's my problem I still live in the house I grew up in! Maybe I should move!

MacShirts
08-07-2009, 07:15 AM
See that's my problem I still live in the house I grew up in! Maybe I should move!

Psh in this economy!? Stay home and keep snooping! You can start that 12 step program anytime :D

gummgirl
08-07-2009, 07:20 AM
Haha!:p

Christmasplease
08-09-2009, 05:24 PM
I was hiding in our storage cupboard when I was little and found a beautiful Spanish Doll. Since I was the first child of my parents siblings and friends, I knew it was for me. I was so excited. I don't ever snoop, I want to be excited and surprised.

Christmasplease
08-09-2009, 05:25 PM
I was hiding in our storage cupboard when I was little and found a beautiful Spanish Doll. Since I was the first child of my parents siblings and friends, I knew it was for me. I was so excited. I don't ever snoop, I want to be excited and surprised.
My Mom and my Son snoop though. For a few years I wouldn't put the names on the gifts, I'd just number them and the name them Christmas Eve night. That got to be too much the more kids we had.

MacShirts
08-09-2009, 11:42 PM

haha thats a good story, and I feel the exact same way

xdinkyxstephiex-
06-11-2010, 01:22 AM
hey ya everyone im new to this i ve just commmented in another thread too!! im getting addicited !!! lolx

i remember few times i went snoopoing at christmas and its always at my dads that me my sister step sister and step brother do it !! i think cause me and my sister know everything we get from our mum as we go shopping with her and she buys our presents while we're with her lolx for my sister she prefers it as shes not really into the whole christmas thing and hates suprises shes got to know what she getting ! as where i love christmas and the whole excitment of not knowing what you've got and im always saying to my mum dont tell me what ive got !!! and she always ends up telling me or showing me or as i said she buys them while we're with her !! and its not the same :sad elf: !! and its the same with my step sister and step borhter with there dad they know what they getting from him !

so when we're all together at my dads and step mums we make our mission to go snooping but we only do it when they go out which is most likely to happen at christmas time as they have work christmas partie which my dad is objiged to go to as hes the boss and own the company !!! and year they wnt to a works christmas party and we were all told not to go near the christmas tree or touch the presents !! and being the ages of 11 - 15 and being left on our for a few hours and being told not to go near the tree or present and also knowing that we had at least 20 present each under tree!!! (and theres another 2 brothers too who wasnt there so you could imagion how many presents there were under the tree that year ! :D LOADS!! ) :yahoo: in fact they had to hide some in the tree just so they could get the presents under the tree lolx!!! but it didnt work the present were still buldging out from under the tree!! so when when our parents ( i say parents cause its to long to write dad and step mum all the time lolx) went out to the party we went snooping we mangaged to figure some of the presents but well i say some about 2 each !!! lolx my dad is the ginuess of wrapping presents ! and then we noticed the time and started panicing and quickly put the presents back under the tree well we gave out step brother/brother the presents to put back under three cause he was remembering where each of them went as they were put in certain places and on certain anges lolx (thats my step mum being all organised and presided lolx) then we put a film on and made out we hadnt touch the tree or presents but it didnt work we was found out when they came our parents came back lolx!! they could tell that we'd been at the presents but suprisingly they was mad they just said div you open any or see what any of them were and we said NO!! :singing: and they were like ok :) we knew you touch them and go through them anyway ! :O it turn out they'd only said they knew they'd been moved so we'd own up to antics !!! sneaking parents arnt they!! :P then another year my step sister showed me and my sister our new phones and cases we go to go on them !! they were hide in our parents wordorde lolx then another year my step brother came in to mine , my sister and step sisters room and asked us who asked for jewerelly ?? and we all said no and we asked what kind of jewerelly it was and he showed us and it was a tiffany neckless and braclet and it turn out it was mine and my step brother came into mine and sisters room on christmas day and said sorry to me for showing the jewerelly the day before and riuning one of my presents i didnt care but bless him for feeling guitly i think he forgot he told one of my other presents that year too!! lolx

ornamentmaven
06-11-2010, 04:08 AM
xdinky - please change your font color - light pink is very difficult to read!

Elf_Erv
06-11-2010, 06:56 AM
I recall seeing a stereo in a box in my parents bedroom when they left the door open, knew it had to be for me. I never said anything and was surprised and grateful Christmas morning

xdinkyxstephiex-
06-11-2010, 11:13 PM
hey hope you are able to read my post/stroy sorry i didnt realise how pale it was ! :( xx

MinnesotaMike
11-02-2010, 03:41 AM
HA!...yeah...."accidentally"! *wink*

*Snowflake*
11-03-2010, 12:51 AM
this never happened to me, really:elf1:

ornamentmaven
11-03-2010, 11:08 AM
I'm a stickler about being surprised on Christmas morning! I run from my gifts if I even think they might be nearby!

devoy26
10-08-2011, 12:53 AM
hi guys,

we never found our christmas pressies because our parents were masters at hiding stuff in plain sight or in the attic in bags beacuse we could not reach up there. if we were getting a bike they got their friends to hide the bikes in their garage until christmas eve then after we went to bed they would take delivery of them. genius. we had no idea.

im really glad we didnt find them because id say it would have ruined it totally for us. it is such a special time of year and the excitement of walking in to that room on christmas morning to find a bounty of stuff just doesnt get repeated at any other stage during the year. its truly the most wonderful time of the year! :santa1:

Merry Christmas Darling
10-08-2011, 01:17 AM
Many years ago I remember looking up at my mother's closet shelf after Christmas in January or February(I turned four in January), and I asked her why she had two clowns up there. Boy, was she embarrassed! They were supposed to have been given to my sister and me on Christmas. LOL!

Christmas_mama
10-08-2011, 05:55 AM
I never did, but my daughter opened my monica cupboard and a few toys fell out. I have told her they are for her sisters' second birthday - and even though some of them were for her, I'm going to give them to the twins for their birthday so that she doesn't put two and two together. Fortunately it was only a few toys that she saw :elf3: I now know that I have to hide them better!

For those who don't know, when I say 'monica cupboard' think:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Oz-Fer8epNA/TFVmZUfJ64I/AAAAAAAAKHk/hj0EkmGQeyM/s320/monicas+closet.jpgp

Merry Christmas Darling
10-08-2011, 06:41 AM
I never did, but my daughter opened my monica cupboard and a few toys fell out. I have told her they are for her sisters' second birthday - and even though some of them were for her, I'm going to give them to the twins for their birthday so that she doesn't put two and two together. Fortunately it was only a few toys that she saw :elf3: I now know that I have to hide them better!

For those who don't know, when I say 'monica cupboard' think:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Oz-Fer8epNA/TFVmZUfJ64I/AAAAAAAAKHk/hj0EkmGQeyM/s320/monicas+closet.jpgp

Oh, I see! Monica's cupboard is just like Fibber McGee's closet. LOL.

http://youtu.be/h9FGC68YcwM

Christmas_mama
10-08-2011, 06:47 AM
Oh, I see! Monica's cupboard is just like Fibber McGee's closet. LOL.

http://youtu.be/h9FGC68YcwM

:elf3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apvf4UihPd8&feature=related

MinnesotaMike
10-09-2011, 07:30 AM
accidentally on purpose.

Merry Christmas Darling
10-09-2011, 08:24 AM
:elf3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apvf4uihpd8&feature=related

lol!

christmasislove
10-10-2011, 07:53 PM
My brother and I would go snooping around trying to find our christmas presents, but by the time we actually found them we kind of didnt want to open them because it would ruin christmas!:gingerhouse:

Noelle
08-27-2012, 11:45 AM
I would always half snoop because my dad is the kind of person who starts shopping in September. And since my birthday is in November I would also be looking for my birthday presents.

The only time I found them was in the fourth grade and the presents were in my parents' closet. Apparently that was the first year my dad hid the presents there; until then he had hidden them in the garage. I didn't go looking for them again after that because Christmas that year wasn't as fun since I knew what I was going to get. Even now my dad keeps the presents in the closet because it's the only time of year that he's careful with keeping their closet door closed.

frostythesnowman
04-26-2013, 08:21 PM
well i did find my christmas presents one year by accident...it was "jimmy' electronic football game..i was soo over the moon i actually played with it before putting it back where i found it....but my mom found out about it because the instructions for the game was found in my bedroom when my mom was hoovering the room...ha! ha!..but it was fun at the time...:tree1:

Penny Berry
05-04-2013, 06:39 PM
I have never found presents, never went to look for them as i love surprises :presents1: