PDA

View Full Version : Decorating the Hallway

jellybelly
09-29-2008, 01:22 PM
Hello everyone! :waving:

I'm looking for some inspiration this year for ways to decorate my hallway. I live in a little, converted bungalow so the hallway is very, very narrow, with quite a low ceiling. I'd love to brighten it up this Christmas and make it a little more festive-looking but the lack of space makes it quite difficult! I tried stringing up tinsel around the picture rail but it just ended up looking tacky, like a cheap pub!

Any ideas? :santa:

coolXmas
09-29-2008, 03:38 PM
Ouch, thats difficult. Do you have a picture of the hallway?

Merry Christmas Darling
09-29-2008, 05:08 PM
Hello everyone! :waving:

I'm looking for some inspiration this year for ways to decorate my hallway. I live in a little, converted bungalow so the hallway is very, very narrow, with quite a low ceiling. I'd love to brighten it up this Christmas and make it a little more festive-looking but the lack of space makes it quite difficult! I tried stringing up tinsel around the picture rail but it just ended up looking tacky, like a cheap pub!

Any ideas? :santa:

Could you frame and hang some reproduction Victorian cards? They have some at Victorian Trading Company:

http://www.victoriantradingco.com/catindex/C9-26.html

PumpkinJack81
10-01-2008, 11:42 AM
How do you feel about using lights indoors for places other than the Christmas tree? :christmastree: I think a strand of white lights going around the top of the hall would look nice and give a soft glow at night.

MissBeesDesigns
10-15-2008, 01:39 PM
I would put up some tiny lights up where the walls meet the ceiling. And then I would display all my fav Christmas cards or Christmas photos.

Martha

onemagicalchristmas
10-27-2008, 12:20 AM
I like the idea of hanging christmas cards in the hallway with the white lights.

:snowman:

Donna-50
11-19-2008, 03:32 PM
I would hang some snowflakes from the ceiling with fishing line.

lynnenc
11-19-2008, 04:29 PM
If you tack up some of the pine garland around the ceiling/wall edge, fluff it out and then hang some pretty shiny Christmas balls from that at varying lengths. If you also add some white mini lights in the garland it will make the ornaments sparkle. I use a lot of that cheaper $1.99/2.50 9ft garland that you can get almost anywhere, fluff it out pretty and add ornaments, ribbon or pinecones depending on the look I want and it doesn't look so skimpy :christmastree:

onemagicalchristmas
11-19-2008, 11:28 PM
I like the idea of hanging christmas cards in the hallway with the white lights.

I have multicolor lights hanging in my hallway and last years christmas cards by the front door and this years on the other wall. so far only 4 from this year. I need to get my stamps to post mine!

MarineBrat
11-23-2008, 06:06 PM

I do this every year on my door that leads outside. I put the cards up in the shape of a Christmas tree. My Grandmother always did this. :waving:

steven farber
11-24-2008, 08:46 PM
Since space is a problem in a hallway, you might try large removable christmas wall stickers from jumbo sticky pics. You can google search it. They have an online catalog with different themes, and a LOT of christmas stuff. The prices are pretty good and y:tree:ou can always reuse them each year too.

daddysgirl07
11-25-2008, 02:46 AM
Maybe you could hang a fake wreath in the middle of the wall on one side

onemagicalchristmas
11-26-2008, 01:16 AM
I am hanging my christmas cards along my wall in the hallway. this years on one wall and last years on the other. I am hoping to get over 60 cards this year. It is my goal anyway! I might hang mr and Mrs Claus in the hallway as well. I have not decided yet!

Merry Christmas Darling
11-26-2008, 04:08 AM
jellybelly, have you decorated your hallway yet?

Mary Angeldog
03-09-2009, 03:35 PM
I realize I'm either very late for last year or very early for this year but I just saw this post. My long narrow hallway has bedroom, bathroom and linen and coat closet doors. I hang stockings filled with greenery on the bedroom doorknobs and decorated wreaths on the closet and bath doors. I have a small table at the end of the hall on which I place a small lighted ceramic tree and some small lighted buildings and figures. I've thought that lighted pine garland would be nice strung along the wall near the ceiling but I've not done it yet.

Donna-50
03-09-2009, 07:17 PM
That sounds nice. Never though of putting stockings on the door knobs.

PumpkinJack81
03-18-2009, 01:17 PM
I realize I'm either very late for last year or very early for this year but I just saw this post. My long narrow hallway has bedroom, bathroom and linen and coat closet doors. I hang stockings filled with greenery on the bedroom doorknobs and decorated wreaths on the closet and bath doors. I have a small table at the end of the hall on which I place a small lighted ceramic tree and some small lighted buildings and figures. I've thought that lighted pine garland would be nice strung along the wall near the ceiling but I've not done it yet.

Do you have a photo you could post? It sounds lovely. :christmastree:

Merry Christmas Darling
03-18-2009, 07:05 PM
We love photos at this site! :)

PumpkinJack81
03-23-2009, 10:43 AM
We love photos at this site! :)

Yes we do! :)

gandr1212
09-12-2009, 06:09 AM
Here is an idea for this year. I came across this photo at the National Christmas Museum.

Notice the band of ornaments at the crown molding area. I just ordered Norman Rockwell's "Deck the Halls" and Thomas Kinkade's "I'll Be Home For Christmas" to frame some of the photos for my Hall in the New house.

Gail

lynnevans
09-17-2009, 08:11 AM
People always excited about Christmas decoration. People want to decor whole their home's exterior and interior part. Christmas tree is also necessary thing for home decoration. How you decor your home with lighting is also important.