PDA

View Full Version : Christmas 2008

PumpkinJack81
09-26-2008, 01:08 PM
Anyone have any new decorations this year that you can't wait to put up/out? What do you decorate the most - indoors, outdoors or both? Tell us about your decorations for Christmas 2008 here! :christmastree:

Merry Christmas Darling
09-26-2008, 05:10 PM
Anyone have any new decorations this year that you can't wait to put up/out? What do you decorate the most - indoors, outdoors or both? Tell us about your decorations for Christmas 2008 here! :christmastree:

Well, I have the worst luck with outdoor decorations! They either blow over repeatedly, stop working altogether, or have to be thrown out after Christmas.:crying: So I give up! Well, not entirely....I want to fill cement baskets with greens and twigs and put red velvet bows on them. Those won't blow over or stop working.

Our neighbors across the street did great stuff :jumping: every year until they moved. The single mom who lives there now only puts up an indoor tree. :sad elf:

PumpkinJack81
09-27-2008, 02:50 AM
Well, I have the worst luck with outdoor decorations! They either blow over repeatedly, stop working altogether, or have to be thrown out after Christmas.:crying: So I give up! Well, not entirely....I want to fill cement baskets with greens and twigs and put red velvet bows on them. Those won't blow over or stop working.

Our neighbors across the street did great stuff :jumping: every year until they moved. The single mom who lives there now only puts up an indoor tree. :sad elf:

Well no matter what you do, the best of luck to you! And be sure to post pics once they are up...I've enjoyed seeing your past decorations. :santa:

christmas2008
09-27-2008, 12:29 PM
i am also want to know the new type of decorations for this Christmas. If any one knows, please display the pictures.

soaplady
09-29-2008, 06:44 AM
Hi, I love to give out personalized handmade soaps for gifts, but most of all I use them for stocking stuffers, they work very well. You can decorate your house with the soaps in my store, they have unique Christmas wrappings.

ladyice
10-13-2008, 03:53 AM
I am going out next weekend to start scoping Christmas decorations for the year. Last year I did both indoor and outdoor. I will again this year too. But I need something new for outside... something fun.

I was thinking little multi colored trees for the pathway and luminaries on Christmas Eve, garland around the door... and mini lights on the bushes out front.

PumpkinJack81
10-13-2008, 02:01 PM
I was thinking little multi colored trees for the pathway and luminaries on Christmas Eve, garland around the door... and mini lights on the bushes out front.

Sounds nice...Let us know what you decide to do and share some photos once they're up too! :rudolph:

ladyice
10-13-2008, 03:14 PM
Sure will, I am starting a Holiday blog for this year and will be taking pictures and adding to it as the season goes on. I'll post some pics as I take them :)

Danar.UL
10-13-2008, 09:08 PM
I :love:to decorate for any holiday but love Christmas. I made a new advent calander this year can't wait to use it along with a plaque to hang up. I am also making "jar cookies" to give out to family and friends.

ladyice
10-14-2008, 02:26 AM
Welcome Danar! I love Advent Calanders, I finally found one last year that I liked. So I have one myself now. :) I could never find one I really liked.

SantaClaus
10-14-2008, 03:11 AM
My favorite is decorating the tree! My children love it.

PumpkinJack81
10-14-2008, 11:40 AM
Sure will, I am starting a Holiday blog for this year and will be taking pictures and adding to it as the season goes on. I'll post some pics as I take them :)

How exciting! You'll have to send me the link. I've started a Christmas website for the Carolinas that I'm trying to get up and going. The link is in my profile...If you check it out, please let me know what you think! :gelf:

PumpkinJack81
10-14-2008, 11:43 AM
I :love:to decorate for any holiday but love Christmas. I made a new advent calander this year can't wait to use it along with a plaque to hang up. I am also making "jar cookies" to give out to family and friends.

Hi Danar and welcome to the forums! :waving:

I love the advent calendar on the pizza pan idea; I may have to "borrow" that this year. :kinky elf: The jar cookies are good too, especially with the sticker labels. My wife made something similar one year and everyone seemed to enjoy it.

PumpkinJack81
10-14-2008, 11:44 AM
My favorite is decorating the tree! My children love it.

We love decorating the tree too...There's just something timeless about that act, and it is a nice way to bring the family together. :christmastree:

Danar.UL
10-14-2008, 06:33 PM
Welcome Danar! I love Advent Calanders, I finally found one last year that I liked. So I have one myself now. :) I could never find one I really liked.

Thank you it was very easy to make only took about 20 minutes or so.

MissBeesDesigns
10-15-2008, 02:00 PM
I'm hoping you all will put up plenty of photos. I don't think I'll be decorating much this year as we'll be spending the holiday away from home. I do have a couple of D56 villages that I put up in a china cabinet AND the 8 plastic flamingos (in child size rayban sunglasse) that pull santa's little sleigh.

I live in the swamps of florida and put the flamingos out 20 years ago to embarrass my kids. I have only one -- ONE -- neighbor and she lives almost 2 miles away. She cam came to the house to tell me how offensive it was. Therefore, the flamingos go out every year -- on Thanksgiving -- regardless of where we go for the holidays.

Martha

Danar.UL
10-15-2008, 03:24 PM
Have I found the halloween decoration for you.......

PumpkinJack81
10-15-2008, 03:24 PM
I'm hoping you all will put up plenty of photos. I don't think I'll be decorating much this year as we'll be spending the holiday away from home. I do have a couple of D56 villages that I put up in a china cabinet AND the 8 plastic flamingos (in child size rayban sunglasse) that pull santa's little sleigh.

I live in the swamps of florida and put the flamingos out 20 years ago to embarrass my kids. I have only one -- ONE -- neighbor and she lives almost 2 miles away. She cam came to the house to tell me how offensive it was. Therefore, the flamingos go out every year -- on Thanksgiving -- regardless of where we go for the holidays.

Martha

I would love to see photos of Santa's flamingos! :santahat: And I do not understand why your neighbor would say they are offensive...But I like the fact that you put them out regardless! :jumping:

PumpkinJack81
10-15-2008, 03:25 PM
Have I found the halloween decoration for you.......

That's great!

henryjamez
10-17-2008, 03:56 PM
Sounds great Guys i am also Searching for Some Good ideas ...

Danar.UL
10-17-2008, 04:32 PM
Sounds great Guys i am also Searching for Some Good ideas ...

Are you looking for things to buy or things to make?

By the way "Henryjamez" my dad was James Henry.

Ms_Speedy_Elf
10-18-2008, 01:08 PM
I'm going for a country/rustic theme this year. Haven't bought a lot of NEW stuff ,as I've found a lot at flea market's and yard sale's. What I have bought NEW I've got for 40 - 50 % off at Hobby Lobby.

Forgot to add that we basically put up light's around the edge of the house and around the front window's and the door. Also put up a nativity.

onemagicalchristmas
10-27-2008, 12:13 AM
we sometimes put up outside lights but not too many we are in a trailor park and nobady really decorates outside so we don't either. I wouldn't mind putting out luminaries on Christmas eve though! I will have to look for some. And they make little tealight candles that run by batteries now too!

:snowman:

PumpkinJack81
10-27-2008, 02:31 AM
we sometimes put up outside lights but not too many we are in a trailor park and nobady really decorates outside so we don't either. I wouldn't mind putting out luminaries on Christmas eve though! I will have to look for some. And they make little tealight candles that run by batteries now too!

The battery operated tea lights are great!

onemagicalchristmas
10-27-2008, 02:34 AM
yes and you can get them at the dollar tree too! and dollar general at this time of year!

PumpkinJack81
10-27-2008, 02:35 AM
yes and you can get them at the dollar tree too! and dollar general at this time of year!

Nice; I may have to go by and get some this year...They're always good to have around.

Crazymike1965
10-28-2008, 12:41 PM
Hello everyone, my wife and I have a list of 10 stores that we go to every year as soon as they put their decorations on the shelves. We usually set a budget ( which never works) for what we are going to spend. My wife looks for unique red, green, and blue ornaments for her 3 theme trees. I look for white/transparent/crystal looking etc, purple, and small red ornaments for my 3 trees. We also both look for other Christmas related items.

So far it has been absolutely crazy for ornaments for my wife's 3 trees and my crystal tree. I have only been able to find 3 purple ornaments and not a single red ornament for my other 2 trees.

The final 2 stores on our shopping list just put out all their decorations this past weekend. My wife and I both took deep breaths before entering the 2 stores...... My wife only found about 5 ornaments she liked but I found 16. The last store we arrived at had us feeling warm and fuzzy but with splitting headaches as there were countless items that we both liked :dizzy:

onemagicalchristmas
10-28-2008, 06:55 PM
I am glad you both found some interesting ornaments. I would like to see your finished trees I bet they will be beautiful. THere is so much out the it is hard to choose exactly what to buy anymore. My niece does her tree in purple and gold. IT is really pretty!:christmastree:

SilentNight
10-29-2008, 09:39 PM
Hello Everyone!!

My husband and I just got married in August this year so I have my very first house to decorate for christmas!!! I am so excited about it! We are in a log cabin so there is a large living room with high ceilings and I am so excited about having a large christmas tree this year! That will be my favorite part about decorating this year! Also I have a nice banister to put lights and garland on and that is very exciting for me! Now I just have to convince him that it's okay to decorate the day after Thanksgiving!

He will come home from work and I will have most of it done anyways!:jumping:

Joy to the World!

onemagicalchristmas
10-29-2008, 10:33 PM
congrats on being a newlywed. I am excited for you. I am wanting to put garland around my front porch and maybe a couple big red bows. but we will see how the finances are after thanksgiving. :christmastree::snowman::gelf:

Crazymike1965
10-30-2008, 03:47 AM
Congratulations to you Silent Night :)

PumpkinJack81
10-30-2008, 12:54 PM
Hello Everyone!!

My husband and I just got married in August this year so I have my very first house to decorate for christmas!!! I am so excited about it! We are in a log cabin so there is a large living room with high ceilings and I am so excited about having a large christmas tree this year! That will be my favorite part about decorating this year! Also I have a nice banister to put lights and garland on and that is very exciting for me! Now I just have to convince him that it's okay to decorate the day after Thanksgiving!

He will come home from work and I will have most of it done anyways!:jumping:

Joy to the World!

That's wonderful! Congrats to you and your DH! :love: I can only imagine your log cabin and how beautiful it will look for Christmas. :christmastree: Please posts photos of your tree and decorations if you can.

noelglori
10-30-2008, 01:41 PM
Congrats. Silent Night to you and your new hubby.

What fun you will have decorating your log cabin for Christmas. A huge tree will look awesome.
Looking forward to seeing some pictures.

txsnowgirl
10-31-2008, 12:39 AM
Congrat SilentNight!! How exciting for you. I would love to be in a log cabin for Christmas, lucky girl!! http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u337/petim259/congratulations.jpg

The majority of the decorations are outside. My husband loves National Lampoons Christmas vacation and tries each year to get closer and closer to it:santahat:
We have spiral trees, reigndeer, a sleigh, nets, icicles, white and multi colored, projector, lit balls in the trees and large plastic lawn bulbs. If there is more, I can't remember right now, lol
Inside, my favorite part is the fireplace. We put garland with lights around the mantel and down the sides. This year, I'm going to try to do a small Christmas village on a table with some "snow"

onemagicalchristmas
10-31-2008, 03:56 AM
I bet that it will be gorgeous. I would love to invest in a village. I hear walmart has several great pieces. This year.

I have two crystal nativity scenes somewhere here but I can't find them this year. both we given to me.

luciagalliford04
11-02-2008, 10:44 PM
i'd love to have a massive big xmas tree in my living room, but this is our second year in our flat. However, we've got a bigger suite this year, meaning less room for the chrimbo tree :crying:

Can't wait to get it up - cannae whack chrmibo!

Jinglehal
11-09-2008, 11:30 AM
I look forward to seeing our dining room stairway lined with pine garland that my wife does every year. My favorite decorations are the classic Beistles on our front door and in our windows. If you're not sure what I mean, look at my web site. What's old is new again!
Merry pre-Happy Thanksgiving Christmas!

onemagicalchristmas
11-09-2008, 07:02 PM
thanks for sharing. I am looking for older games like Ants in the Pants, DOn't Spill the Beans and DOn't break the Ice for my greats!

k nielsen
11-09-2008, 11:20 PM
We do more decorating inside! My hubby doesn't like to climb up the ladder in the snow. I try to but I am not the most graceful person around, there are certain tools that I am not allowed to use, some of these includes, ladders, chainsaws, you get the idea! I love to put up the tree, we add new ornaments each year for our son. That way when he grows up and flees the nest he will have decorations with memories attached.

onemagicalchristmas
11-10-2008, 11:26 PM
That tradition is catching on with everyone. It really is something nice to do for your children.

PumpkinJack81
11-11-2008, 08:40 PM
The majority of the decorations are outside. My husband loves National Lampoons Christmas vacation and tries each year to get closer and closer to it:santahat:
We have spiral trees, reigndeer, a sleigh, nets, icicles, white and multi colored, projector, lit balls in the trees and large plastic lawn bulbs. If there is more, I can't remember right now, lol
Inside, my favorite part is the fireplace. We put garland with lights around the mantel and down the sides. This year, I'm going to try to do a small Christmas village on a table with some "snow"

I love it! :santahat: Please take pics of your DH's work this year and let us see! :christmastree::rudolph::tree:

PumpkinJack81
11-11-2008, 08:41 PM
I bet that it will be gorgeous. I would love to invest in a village. I hear walmart has several great pieces. This year.

I have two crystal nativity scenes somewhere here but I can't find them this year. both we given to me.

I started a Christmas village for my Dad a few Christmases ago after buying the pieces 50% off at Kohl's end of Christmas sale. :gelf:

Busylady
11-16-2008, 03:15 AM
Hi, I'm new to the forum, have enjoyed looking at the Photos! I have decorated every room of my home for the past 6 years and thoroughly enjoy it. Have loads of pictures but don't know how to put them on. Need some help & instructions.:christmastree:

PumpkinJack81
11-16-2008, 03:57 AM
Hi, I'm new to the forum, have enjoyed looking at the Photos! I have decorated every room of my home for the past 6 years and thoroughly enjoy it. Have loads of pictures but don't know how to put them on. Need some help & instructions.:christmastree:

Hello and welcome to the forums! :waving: Here's some help with photo posting...

How to attach a photo to a post:

After you write your post, scroll down to the Additional Options box below.
Under Attach Files, click on Manage Attachments.
You can find a file by clicking on Browse beside Upload File from your Computer.
Find the correct photo file, then click Upload.
This will attach the photo to the post you have written.
How to create a photo album:

Go to your User Control Panel by clicking on User CP on the top toolbar.
On the left side under Networking there is a Pictures & Albums link.
Click on the Pictures & Albums link.
On this screen you will see a link titled Add Album.
Create a title and description for your new album and click Submit.
The next screen will show your album's name and description and there will be a link that says Click here to upload pictures!
Click on that link and browse for photos on your computer. You can upload three photos at a time.
Once you have selected your photos, click on Upload Pictures.
After your pictures are uploaded you can give them captions and set one for the album cover.
Make sure you click Save Changes and your photos will be added to your album.
Hope that helps! Let me know if you need more assistance. :waving:

Noel
11-16-2008, 07:41 PM

I have just bought something I didn't expect I could find : a half christmas tree. It's very useful if you want to save space and put it against a wall for example.

lynnenc
11-16-2008, 09:26 PM
we decorate inside and outside and probably do overkill but we both love Christmas. Last year we put an extra 35amp outlet to help with the outdoor lighting. I decorate every room of the house - the joke around the family is 'if it stays still for 5 mins it gets decorated' nobody sits still very long when they visit :santahat:

Busylady
11-16-2008, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the instructions! Will try to get some photos on as soon as possible. Appreciate your help much!

Jinglehal
11-16-2008, 10:46 PM
Take a look at www.drop.io/ilovechristmas (http://www.drop.io/ilovechristmas).

It's a quick web page I made up as an example that was free and fairly simple to do. You can easily make your own and after you upload your pics you and your friends can view them using the cool slideshow effect. It accepts up to 100MB of picture files, and that's a lot. The instructions are there.

Enjoy.

PumpkinJack81
11-17-2008, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the instructions! Will try to get some photos on as soon as possible. Appreciate your help much!

Glad I could help! :waving: Look forward to seeing your photos... :gelf:

PumpkinJack81
11-17-2008, 12:49 PM
Take a look at www.drop.io/ilovechristmas (http://www.drop.io/ilovechristmas).

It's a quick web page I made up as an example that was free and fairly simple to do. You can easily make your own and after you upload your pics you and your friends can view them using the cool slideshow effect. It accepts up to 100MB of picture files, and that's a lot. The instructions are there.

Enjoy.

Thanks for sharing with us! :waving:

onemagicalchristmas
11-19-2008, 12:16 AM
that is so neat I may try it out later with my pics. thanks for sharing !presents

hazelnut
11-21-2008, 12:12 PM
I cant wait to put my decs up, although we have just moved house this week so i think my tree is goign to look a bit small. We had a 5 foot one before as it went in the bay window of our small living room (didnt want to block out natural light) and now it will be in the corner not blocking any light, i guess i will see what looks good in this house and adjust next year as needd.

my main one is the tree and also the wreth on the door...squeee cant wiat until dec 1st. so pleased i work ina shop that has had crimbo music since 1st november and the towns decs went up last week!

PumpkinJack81
11-21-2008, 12:38 PM
I can't wait to get our decorations out of the attic this weekend! I'm hoping DW will let me put a few things out in the house, but we'll see...:christmastree:Our town has also begun decorating; the wreaths and garland went up yesterday and some of the shops on the main street have turned their lights on in ther windows and on their buildings. I love this festive time of year! :gelf:

Mary Angeldog
11-21-2008, 08:07 PM
Outside, I put wreaths with bows on the front door, lamp post, back door and gazebo. My husband is not a big fan of holiday "exterior illumination" so we don't put up outside lights. We do position our lighted christmas trees in front of the living room and den windows which looks quite festive from outside. This year I'm excited to see how my "White Christmas" theme works out. I didn't buy much new stuff--just sorted through 35 years accumulation of ornies and decorations and came up with enough white and ivory items to do the living room and dining room. These are the only rooms whose themes I change yearly. Last year's theme was an "English Cottage Christmas" and the year before was a "Cozy Cabin Christmas".

3dposters
11-21-2008, 08:19 PM
Hi,
As Christmas is coming you would like to buy gifts for your friends, relatives and family members. I have seen a site in that you can find all gifts that are related to Christmas Eve.
This is the site www(dot)flyinghippy(dot)com.

Donna-50
11-22-2008, 01:49 AM
I bought a pre-lit tree after Christmas last year from Michael's and some new ornaments from Target and elsewhere and can't wait to decorate.

Most years I don't do much outside unless I have time. I put a wreath up, some garland and lights around the front doors and some lights in the planters. Sometimes I line the driveway with lights.

steph535
11-22-2008, 06:03 AM
I usually buy at least a few new ornaments each year, along with a few strings of mini lights (you know how a strand or two always needs replacing each year) but I can't afford any new docorations this year. That's ok, though, because I still have plenty and it will look great, as usual.

I only decorate the inside. I think because my parents never decorated the outside and because I am a single mom and mechanically UNinclined. We live in a small house and I put up two trees. I actually have to cram some of the furniture into the bedrooms, like coffee table, end tables, etc....

I decorate the two livingroom windows with green garland and colored mini-lights and big red bows. The two trees are each 7ft, one is full and one is slim. I got the full one at a garage sale and when people see it, they thnk it's a real tree. I got the slim one, which is pre-lit with clear lights, at Target a few years ago after Christmas for $25. On the big tree I have my pretty glass ornaments, some recently bought and many from 30 or more years ago. I don't ever use a theme, but love my hodgepodge of ornaments of different colors. I used to use red bows on the full tree years ago, but have used winter white colored bows the past few years. On the slim tree, I hang more simple and country type ornaments, most of them are handmade things that only cost me 50 cents to a dollar at local craft shows.

I really love a tree with all clear lights, but also sometimes like just a little bit of colored mixed in, but still mostly white. and this year I am SO excited because back in the '80's one year, my mom had given me and each of my siblings and our families a Christmas tree light dimmer and I had used mine for many years but it finally broke and I hadn't been able to find anything like it for years. If you ask someone at any store, they look at you like you're crazy. Wellll, I found it online over the summer at a site, I can['t remember the name of it now, but they only cost maybe $20 at the most. and anyway, there are four dimness levels you can set your tree lights on. and you would not believe the gorgeous ambience that the dimmer settings give off.
So, I am excited that I will get to use my dimmer this year. I actually bought two of them because I use a ton of lights and it is too much for just one dimmer. oh, I almost forgot to mention that I also have a Christmas village that used to be my ex-mother-in-law's, that I set up under the slim tree. I set boxes of different sizes , then have a blanket of 'snow' under them and over them, so it looks like it's got hills and valleys. It's just magical. and one of the best parts of the decorations is my nativity scene and candles I put on top of our entertainment center, so that is the first thing that is seen when you come in the front door. ok, enough of my bragging. Now, it's YOUR turn.:jumping:

Merry Christmas Darling
11-22-2008, 06:12 AM
...So, I am excited that I will get to use my dimmer this year. I actually bought two of them because I use a ton of lights and it is too much for just one dimmer. oh, I almost forgot to mention that I also have a Christmas village that used to be my ex-mother-in-law's, that I set up under the slim tree. I set boxes of different sizes , then have a blanket of 'snow' under them and over them, so it looks like it's got hills and valleys. It's just magical. and one of the best parts of the decorations is my nativity scene and candles I put on top of our entertainment center, so that is the first thing that is seen when you come in the front door. ok, enough of my bragging. Now, it's YOUR turn.:jumping:

Your decorations sound nice. I love hearing that your nativity is the first thing you see. Our armoire doesn't face the door. It's the only place I've had to display a nativity scene and I'm sorry that it's up so high. I've never heard of a dimmer for Christmas lights.

steph535
11-22-2008, 06:30 AM
I'll see if I can find the website so you can see what I am talking about. The dimmer is just a small whitish box that you plug one string of lights into, then piggyback the other strings. The small whitish box plugs into an outlet in the wall. There is a flat, brass, bell-shaped ornament that is attached to the whitish box and you hang this ornament on your tree. When you touch the ornament, it has three dimness levels and the fourth level turns the lights off. so, if you touch it once, the lights turn on at the dimmest level and each time you touch the bell ornament, the brightness increases, the brightest being how the lights would look if you had no dimmer. ok, the site is dimangoDOTcom but don't type the word DOT into your browswer, just hit the . (period) key. I really can't describe to you how nice it is to be able to set your tree lights on whatever brightness or dimness level you want. I have wanted to get another to replace my old one for at least 5 years now, so I am glad I was able to. My sister has been using hers for 20 years , at least. and it also makes it so easy to turn the tree lights on or off, too. you just have to remember where you hang the bell ornament.

I just typed, "christmas tree light dimmer" in a search engine and found the site and also found a site there where someone explains step by step with pictures how to make your own christmas tree light dimmer. And the person also gives the perfect reason why you would want one. He says (and I wholeheartedly agree) that it gives a warmer and cozier light and is more in keeping with the candlelight of centuries past.
The do-it-yourself site is myrampDOTusDOT/diy/ remember, don't type the words DOT. so, if you want to buy one or more already made, go to dimangoDOTcom and to the other site if you want to make one of your own.

lynnenc
11-23-2008, 04:11 AM
Well I have gotten two of my 15 trees decorated - these are in my living room on opposite ends...more to come .......

Lynne :christmastree:

turquoise/lavender and silver tree

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c286/HeartlandGardens/Christmas%202006/HPIM3701.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c286/HeartlandGardens/Christmas%202006/HPIM3700.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c286/HeartlandGardens/Christmas%202006/HPIM3698.jpg

red and gold tree

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c286/HeartlandGardens/Christmas%202006/HPIM3702.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c286/HeartlandGardens/Christmas%202006/HPIM3704.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c286/HeartlandGardens/Christmas%202006/HPIM3703.jpg

Donna-50
11-23-2008, 06:06 AM
Love, love, love the colors on the first one. I always enjoy new and different colors for Christmas.

15 trees, where do you put them all? I thought I was bad with three and the girls each do one so that is six. Theirs are small tho. My oldest DD always tells her hubby to count the trees and they both laugh.

steph535
11-23-2008, 02:43 PM
Lynnenc, I just love your trees! They are breathtakingly beautiful. Thanks for sending the pics.

MarineBrat
11-23-2008, 05:21 PM
Everyone you are in for a treat when Lynnenc gets done with all of her Christmas decorating. Her trees of all different colors are beautiful but you will also love her Christmas villages she does too. Just stunning. :santa1: Enjoy. As a rule don't do a lot of decorating at Christmas but between her and my Mom I won't be able to just get away with putting up my Nutcrackers and some cards this year.

PumpkinJack81
11-24-2008, 03:15 AM
Everyone you are in for a treat when Lynnenc gets done with all of her Christmas decorating. Her trees of all different colors are beautiful but you will also love her Christmas villages she does too. Just stunning. :santa1: Enjoy. As a rule don't do a lot of decorating at Christmas but between her and my Mom I won't be able to just get away with putting up my Nutcrackers and some cards this year.

Hi MarineBrat and welcome to the forums! :waving:

I'm guessing you're kin to Lynne? Or is it close friends? Either way, we're glad to have you here! :gelf: Hope you continue to enjoy yourself here and that you come back often to post with us...Look forward to hearing more from you!

Merry Christmas,
Bob, Forum Moderator :santa1:

lynnenc
11-24-2008, 04:04 AM
PumpkinJack - we met on a racing forum and then became friends off the forum - we consider each other Sisters. I am trying to break her out of her decorating shell and sent her here to see how REAL decorating is done :dizzy: - she is slowly coming around:jumping:

Merry Christmas Darling
11-24-2008, 07:12 AM
Lynne, your trees are very elegant! :christmastree: :christmastree: :christmastree:

MarineBrat
11-24-2008, 05:11 PM
PumpkinJack - we met on a racing forum and then became friends off the forum - we consider each other Sisters. I am trying to break her out of her decorating shell and sent her here to see how REAL decorating is done :dizzy: - she is slowly coming around:jumping:

"decorating shell" :santahat:

onemagicalchristmas
11-26-2008, 01:29 AM
Lynnenc your trees are beautiful I take it you collect dolls I have three Lee Middleton dolls and one african American doll from Winn DIxie. I love them Can't wait to see your other trees and villages!

Rony5000
11-30-2008, 08:59 PM
I love to send gifts to my friends and family on the happy occasion of Christmas...What could be the best gift?do u have any idea?

onemagicalchristmas
11-30-2008, 09:41 PM
I love to send gifts to my friends and family on the happy occasion of Christmas...What could be the best gift?do u have any idea?

that would depend on who the person is and what do they like. FOr the ladies maybe a nice bottle of their favorite cologne or a spa basket. FOr the men maybe a video game or wallet.

persimmonpudding
12-01-2008, 12:21 AM
SNIP....AND the 8 plastic flamingos (in child size rayban sunglasse) that pull santa's little sleigh.

That's funny! My mom HATES pink flamingo stuff. So, for the past 4-5 years, I've done what I could to sneak them in.

I started with Dept 56 flamingos with wreaths around their necks that were made for villages. I snuck them in and no one noticed (!!!) until thy were breaking it down!

I can't remember the ornament from 2 years ago...last year it was a 8" plush flamingo with bendy legs as an ornament.

I snuck this year's onto the tree Thanksgiving night. We'll see what happens... :D

persimmonpudding
12-01-2008, 12:29 AM
we sometimes put up outside lights but not too many we are in a trailor park and nobady really decorates outside so we don't either. :snowman:

I've seen this change with just a person or two. A few years of seeing other people do it seems to be contagious!

ladyice
12-01-2008, 05:25 AM
I've seen this change with just a person or two. A few years of seeing other people do it seems to be contagious!

Yep, that's what happened around here. No one decorated but it only takes one. I put my stuff out and now everyone is starting up. :christmastree:

PumpkinJack81
12-01-2008, 12:38 PM

That's great! Good luck Lynne! :waving: :gelf: