PDA

View Full Version : What do you do to get in the spirit?

HollyJollyChristmas
09-22-2008, 11:23 PM
Well, every Christmas I always watch Christmas Vacation. I do not know exactly why I do that. :santa: but I've found that I also enjoy the movie Chistmas with the Kranks. So are there any special things that you do to get in the Christmas spirit?

PumpkinJack81
09-23-2008, 07:45 PM
Listening to Christmas music is probably the biggest thing I do to get me in the Christmas spirit. :singing: I have a lot of Christmas CDs that I've bought and made over the years and enjoy singing along with them while we decorate, wrap presents or just do things around the house. :tree: I also love watching Christmas movies. Elf is probably my favorite to watch, but Christmas Vacation is right up there with it. :gelf: I also enjoy Christmas With The Kranks. I also enjoy taking my family to look at Christmas lights...there's nothing like loading up in the car, turning on some Christmas music and riding around town looking at twinkle lights (as my DW calls them). :christmastree:

PumpkinJack81
09-23-2008, 08:02 PM
*I moved this thread to the Christmas Traditions forum since it seems more appropriate there. :waving:

yuletide
09-25-2008, 01:28 AM
Home Alone 1 & 2 and Elf are my favourite Christmas films. You also can't beat - "It's A Wonderful Life".

leahrosa
09-25-2008, 06:42 AM
Home Alone 1 & 2 and Elf are my favourite Christmas films. You also can't beat - "It's A Wonderful Life".

oh yes i love the Home Alone movies and all christmas movies..and also the Nightmare before christmas

Brokendreams4905
09-25-2008, 05:34 PM
Listening to christmas music, buying presents for people, watching christmas movies, making christmas cookies

PumpkinJack81
09-26-2008, 12:24 PM
also the Nightmare before christmas

Great pick! :D I watch TNBC anytime, but especially between Halloween and Christmas.

McDLT
10-01-2008, 03:17 PM
To get into the spirit, I visit many different Christmas sites, listen to Christmas music, and when it's available drink eggnog!

celebratechristmas
10-01-2008, 04:37 PM
We love watching the Christmas Story, music is a huge element of us getting ready.

PumpkinJack81
10-04-2008, 03:18 PM
To get into the spirit, I visit many different Christmas sites, listen to Christmas music, and when it's available drink eggnog!

You know, I've never tried eggnog...don't think I'd like it. :eek:

onemagicalchristmas
10-04-2008, 06:39 PM
:santa1:

It don't take much to get me in the christmas mood . I love to listen to christmas music and wrap presents. I start my presents early in fact I pretty much have for my greats and the ladies for next year already and only need 5 gift cards and the snack foods for the couch potato basket yet to buy to be done this year. It helps me to be prepared early. As We have a limited income!. :snowman:

McDLT
10-04-2008, 11:06 PM
You know, I've never tried eggnog...don't think I'd like it. :eek:

You don't know what you're missing - it's a versatile drink - you can have it with or without alcohol. We usually drink it without. I, actually, just picked some eggnog up today. Can't wait to have my first sip. :tree:

gemiknight
10-08-2008, 07:42 AM
I don't know if anyone is still following this thread, but i'll throw my two cents in...

First, I start watching Christmas movies. (Tonight, I already started with my wife! We watched Prancer and I just finished watching The Polar Express.)

I have A LOT of Xmas movies I enjoy! My favorites are:

Home Alone 1 and 2
A Christmas Story
The Night They Saved Christmas
Elf
It's A Wonderful Life
How the Grinch Stole Christmas (both cartoon and full-length movie)
Christmas Comes But Once A Year
Rudolph
Frosty (both versions)
Garfield Christmas
Charlie Brown Christmas
The Santa Clause
A Christmas Carol (all versions!)
California Raisin Christmas

Okay, I could go on forever with those!

Anyway, music is obviously crucial in prepping for the season. I like to start listening to Christmas music about at the time of the first frost of the year. Sometimes sooner... And I'm a little specific about what KIND of Xmas music I play: Classics! Home Alone soundtracks. Instrumentals (from orchestral to piano solo to celtic/folk to trans-siberian). Old Times (think Time-Life Treasury of Christmas)... Basically anything that's not ruined by so many current popular artists (unless they become classic, ie, "the Christmas Shoes").

All Saint's Day (November 1, for those who don't know when that day is) is the day I start really getting into the spirit. Halloween is over, so forget Thanksgiving decorations (in my opinion, everyday should be a day of thanks), and get straight to CHRISTMAS! Computer wallpaper is usually a scene of a Thomas Kinkade holiday painting. Piano is covered with a hunter-green lace and red and green garland and this year, two old-fashioned lanterns with a cozy electric candle light in each, set on both sides of the top of the piano. Along with a 16"-standing doll of Father Time.

And that's just getting things started... !!!:tree:

PumpkinJack81
10-09-2008, 03:15 AM
I don't know if anyone is still following this thread, but i'll throw my two cents in...

First, I start watching Christmas movies. (Tonight, I already started with my wife! We watched Prancer and I just finished watching The Polar Express.)

I have A LOT of Xmas movies I enjoy! My favorites are:

Home Alone 1 and 2
A Christmas Story
The Night They Saved Christmas
Elf
It's A Wonderful Life
How the Grinch Stole Christmas (both cartoon and full-length movie)
Christmas Comes But Once A Year
Rudolph
Frosty (both versions)
Garfield Christmas
Charlie Brown Christmas
The Santa Clause
A Christmas Carol (all versions!)
California Raisin Christmas

Okay, I could go on forever with those!

Anyway, music is obviously crucial in prepping for the season. I like to start listening to Christmas music about at the time of the first frost of the year. Sometimes sooner... And I'm a little specific about what KIND of Xmas music I play: Classics! Home Alone soundtracks. Instrumentals (from orchestral to piano solo to celtic/folk to trans-siberian). Old Times (think Time-Life Treasury of Christmas)... Basically anything that's not ruined by so many current popular artists (unless they become classic, ie, "the Christmas Shoes").

All Saint's Day (November 1, for those who don't know when that day is) is the day I start really getting into the spirit. Halloween is over, so forget Thanksgiving decorations (in my opinion, everyday should be a day of thanks), and get straight to CHRISTMAS! Computer wallpaper is usually a scene of a Thomas Kinkade holiday painting. Piano is covered with a hunter-green lace and red and green garland and this year, two old-fashioned lanterns with a cozy electric candle light in each, set on both sides of the top of the piano. Along with a 16"-standing doll of Father Time.

And that's just getting things started... !!!:tree:

I love your descriptions of everything! And would really enjoy seeing pics of your decorations once they're up this year, as they sound very classic. :waving:

ladyice
10-13-2008, 03:59 AM
When Santa pulls into Herald Square on the Macy*s Parade, it's officially Christmas to me.

noelglori
10-14-2008, 04:52 PM
Actually I start thinking about Christmas in July for I know it's almost the end of summer and the older I get, the faster time goes by.
I know I have to plan my gift list, my holiday meals and my decorating, so I pick up decorations year round, ummmm I guess you can say I'm always thinking about Christmas.

Merry Christmas

Littledonkey
10-17-2008, 09:07 AM
Hi,everybody
I'm a new member and I'm from England:waving:
This year my husband and I will be getting in the christmas mood by visiting Germany for a few days a couple of weeks before Christmas.
We're going to a medieval city called Rothenburg-ob-der-Tauber.It's often called Christmas Town because it has a huge christmas shop and christmas museum which are open ALL YEAR ROUND!
Every year I get into the spirit around the end of November by making my Christmas Pudding( I'm not sure if you have that in the USA) and Christmas cake.I also listen to seasonal music but usually fight with my daughter about it because she likes christmas pop music and I like traditional.I'm christmas mad (like a big kid) and stumbled across this sight after putting the word "christmas" in a search engine.It's nice to talk with like-minded people.

Bee
11-23-2008, 03:55 AM
Listening to christmas music, buying presents for people, watching christmas movies, making christmas cookies

I must say that I just love watching the little dancing santa and rudolph, that is just so cute.

xmaslover
12-08-2008, 05:38 PM
For me it is always about LOUD xmas music! Living in a wintery area helps too with snow outside. Opening all the windows so I can see.

______
http://consumerfactsheets.com/ab877bb345e055801da3b4f58e28b7.jpg

Someone somewhere loves ya!

Bee
12-09-2008, 01:05 AM
I put on christmas music also and fix some cider , then walk outdoors to see my christmas lights. I also go downtown every year to Browns Island and look at the decorations in that area, Maymont also gets me in the spirit every year.:jumping::singing::carols:

Bee
12-09-2008, 01:12 AM
That is great you are going to Rothenburg, I went there last year when I visited my daughter who has a husband at that time stationed in Schweinfurt. They are in Fort Campbell this year and she said she certainly misses the christmas season there:rudolph: and hot gluwein. I got to visit Rothenburg and the Kathy wolfart store and it was BEAUTIFUL, :christmastree: I want to go back, take some christmas pictures and share.

Bee

pattywack
12-09-2008, 04:33 AM
To get into the Christmas mood I always google how to decorate your house for christmas and google images, it always puts me in the mood. But one tradition I always do now is go on Thomas Kinkade's website and look at his artwork, he portrays Christmas so well in his paintings!

Then I go onto the usual stuff, watching Christmas specials of my favourite tv shows and all that.

onemagicalchristmas
12-09-2008, 08:05 PM
I love Thomas Kincade! I usually get his wall calendars every year! I hope someone gets me one this year! :carols:

pattywack
12-10-2008, 01:45 AM
Yay! Yeah, he's fantastic. There not sold hugely here, but I found one last year and got it for my mum! Time to take it down though =/ She wants a new calendar, so I hope there's another TK one!

M.W.
12-11-2008, 09:56 PM
Usually Christmas music is the way to go (for me, that is). Then a classic Christmas special, show, or even cartoon added in ramps up the spirit.

About a week before Christmas we like to ride around and check out the decorated houses.

leetee
12-11-2008, 11:11 PM
A couple of drinks and sme party tunes always works for me, with the christmas lights on my tree!

daddysgirl07
12-19-2008, 11:38 AM
wrapping gifts

charminggiftstore
12-19-2008, 04:24 PM
Listen to Christmas music.

Denise Wilson
Charming Gift Store
http://www.charminggiftstore.com
Great Gift Baskets For Every Occasion!

sabrina0708
12-20-2008, 09:27 AM
I love listening christmas music too:jumping:

Mistletoe
04-18-2009, 10:47 PM
I don't have to do anything to get into the spirit, it just comes on me (usually in July-something about the warm weather does it to me). But once I'm in the mood I usually start planning things that I'd like to do that year. I try really hard not to rush the holidays these days, because I'm trying to fully appreciate each season and holiday (and I get yelled at for playing Christmas music too early- you should hear them go on about me playing it in August :santahat: ) In the fall I like to see the stores decorated and playing Christmas music (even though I don't particularly like shopping). And lately, going to Christmas shows and plays gets me more in the mood.

Mistletoe
04-18-2009, 10:51 PM
But one tradition I always do now is go on Thomas Kinkade's website and look at his artwork, he portrays Christmas so well in his paintings!

I like Kincade, but I prefer Norman Rockwell- his paintings make me happy. :santa-smiley:

onemagicalchristmas
04-19-2009, 10:53 PM
I have already bought 3 new christmas cds this year.

PumpkinJack81
04-21-2009, 05:18 PM
I prefer Norman Rockwell- his paintings make me happy. :santa-smiley:

Me too! :D

http://www.decodog.com/inven/nr/nr29194.jpg

onemagicalchristmas
04-21-2009, 09:51 PM
I am thinking of starting a layawy for my hubby's CHristmas presents to get them done early. Kmart is not to far away!
:merrychristmas:

eponabri
04-22-2009, 04:11 PM
I start getting in the Christmas mood in September. That's when I drag out my stack of Christmas magazines and books for ideas.

Mistletoe
04-22-2009, 10:49 PM
I start getting in the Christmas mood in September. That's when I drag out my stack of Christmas magazines and books for ideas.

Sounds fun! :santa:

Mistletoe
04-23-2009, 12:41 PM
Me too! :D

http://www.decodog.com/inven/nr/nr29194.jpg

Have I mentioned, Bob, what great taste you have? :kinky elf:

PumpkinJack81
04-24-2009, 10:58 AM
Have I mentioned, Bob, what great taste you have? :kinky elf:

Hee hee, I could say the same for you! :D Thanks! :waving:

A.Edwards
05-09-2009, 01:13 PM
I think the main thing for me is listening to the music. I dunno what it is, but there is just something about Christmas music that other music just doesnt have. Waking up on a cold December morning, lighting up the fire and listening to the festive music - nothing beats it!

I also have quite a fetish with taking photographs around the Holiday season. It's a time when family's are together and can enjoy themselves, especially since the majority of my family are moving up in age. In years to come, I know I'll always be able to look back at the photographs and remember all the good times. :yahoo:

PumpkinJack81
05-09-2009, 04:11 PM
I think the main thing for me is listening to the music. I dunno what it is, but there is just something about Christmas music that other music just doesnt have. Waking up on a cold December morning, lighting up the fire and listening to the festive music - nothing beats it!

I also have quite a fetish with taking photographs around the Holiday season. It's a time when family's are together and can enjoy themselves, especially since the majority of my family are moving up in age. In years to come, I know I'll always be able to look back at the photographs and remember all the good times. :yahoo:

What wonderful sentiment Andrew! I'd love to see some of your photos from past Christmases. If you create a photo album on here you can share it with everyone... :gelf:

Mistletoe
05-09-2009, 08:33 PM

I agree that there's something that Christmas music has that other music doesn't have (even if it's just my associations). I'm not really a fan of the regular Christian music I've heard, usually it's too slow or something for me. But, I love Christmas music!

(and lighting a fire in the morning sounds fabulous to me!)

Lita
06-10-2009, 06:11 PM
I've realised now that I don't really need anything to get into the festive spirit, I just seem to do it naturally ;)

What I love doing though is just watching all Christmas episodes of my favourite shows. I think we'll have to start the Christmas fund soon too; that'll make it even more festive :) I also love ordering all my new release DVDs online and then just enjoy them being sent each week.

onemagicalchristmas
06-15-2009, 12:07 PM
I want to add Fred Clause to my collection this year and white christmas on dvd.

MacShirts
08-05-2009, 03:49 AM
When it gets cool! It's currently 103 degrees here in Az (at 9:40 pm!) and when the temperature dips into the 70's at night, its offically the holiday season :santahat:

Mistletoe
08-05-2009, 05:59 PM
When it gets cool! It's currently 103 degrees here in Az (at 9:40 pm!) and when the temperature dips into the 70's at night, its offically the holiday season :santahat:

whoa! at night?! God help the people who don't have air conditioning!

Olga, is it like that where you are, too?

MacShirts
08-06-2009, 05:21 AM
whoa! at night?! God help the people who don't have air conditioning!

Yes :( it feels like walking into oven when I go to my car for work in the morning :jumping:

Christmasplease
08-06-2009, 02:57 PM
Wow, what would your typical Christmas Day be like?

Christmasplease
08-07-2009, 12:31 AM
I love both of those movies. I love to listen to Christmas music, shop, wrap gifts and decorate of course.

MacShirts
08-07-2009, 03:26 AM
Wow, what would your typical Christmas Day be like?

Its actually pretty cold, well to us anyway :D I remember last Christmas morning it was in the 50's. But its funny because for thanksgiving it was in the 90's...our weather is weird here

Mistletoe
08-07-2009, 12:19 PM
Its actually pretty cold, well to us anyway :D I remember last Christmas morning it was in the 50's. But its funny because for thanksgiving it was in the 90's...our weather is weird here

I wish Thanksgiving were warmer (we're in the 30's or 40's at that point, I believe). Actually, I wish our Thanksgiving was at the same time as Canada's- in October. I would love to eat outside at a long table with the leaves changing colors around me. Like it probably was at the first Thanksgiving.

MacShirts
08-08-2009, 01:42 AM
I wish Thanksgiving were warmer (we're in the 30's or 40's at that point, I believe). Actually, I wish our Thanksgiving was at the same time as Canada's- in October. I would love to eat outside at a long table with the leaves changing colors around me. Like it probably was at the first Thanksgiving.

Thats funny because for my ideal Thanksgiving I am sitting inside a huge home with a fire roaring and snow falling outside (it may be too early for snow in Nov, but I can dream!) and my family sitting around a large table laughing and passing around the food. We usually sit outside in the heat because our family is so freakin' huge :-)

gummgirl
08-09-2009, 06:21 AM
It doesn't take much to get me into the Christmas spirit. When the holidays get closer I get excited. Of course the weather changing does help but last year it was warm one day and the next it was freezing cold! I hope this year it doesn't happen again.

MacShirts
08-09-2009, 09:29 AM
it was warm one day and the next it was freezing cold! I hope this year it doesn't happen again.

How cold does it get in Texas?

Mistletoe
08-09-2009, 02:10 PM
Thats funny because for my ideal Thanksgiving I am sitting inside a huge home with a fire roaring and snow falling outside (it may be too early for snow in Nov, but I can dream!) and my family sitting around a large table laughing and passing around the food. We usually sit outside in the heat because our family is so freakin' huge :-)

Do the leaves change color where you are?

I like the picture you paint, but that sounds like my ideal Christmas dinner! :candycane1:

Do you have siblings? If so, how many?

gummgirl
08-09-2009, 11:25 PM
MacShirts It varies last year it was in the 20's.

MacShirts
08-09-2009, 11:35 PM
Do the leaves change color where you are?

I like the picture you paint, but that sounds like my ideal Christmas dinner! :candycane1:

Do you have siblings? If so, how many?

No, but then again we dont have alot of trees where I live. Im sure those who live north of the valley (Payson, Flagstaff, Williams) in the more mountainous regions see their beautiful trees change. Ive always wanted to take a trip up there and see that, but we mostly go for the snow :cool: I have 4 siblings, and most of them (the girls ;) ) are starting their own families

MacShirts
08-09-2009, 11:35 PM
MacShirts It varies last year it was in the 20's.

Wow I never would have guessed Texas gets that cold!

gummgirl
08-10-2009, 06:18 AM
At least where I live it does!

Mistletoe
08-21-2009, 10:33 PM
I have 4 siblings, and most of them (the girls ;) ) are starting their own families

I have 3 sisters and we felt like a crowd even before we started adding to us. I love big families. :snowman:

MacShirts
08-22-2009, 07:05 AM
At least where I live it does!

Thats awesome, what part of Texas?

MacShirts
08-22-2009, 07:11 AM
I have 3 sisters and we felt like a crowd even before we started adding to us. I love big families. :snowman:

I have 3 sisters too :) and one little bro. Having a large family is great, I hope they can all add a bunch of little ones so we can get even bigger ;)

Mistletoe, how big has your family grown?

ikey2
08-22-2009, 03:02 PM
Well to be honest i Ooze Christmas spirit all year long. The reason i say that i am always humming, whistling, singing Christmas songs. I always watch my DVDs some bootleg some ligiment store bought of shows cartoons or movies. I spend at least once a week on ebay using keywords Christmas set it to ending soonest and set the number per page at 200. The last thing i go is i have on my TIVO one of the main searches that saves is holiday so i don't miss anything holiday released and one dedicates as Christmas. You would be susprised how many Christmas shows play all year long.

olga
08-22-2009, 08:03 PM
Its true that when the weather changes, you can really feel that holidays are coming... :santa-smiley:
In Greece, weather gets cold at the end of November or at the beginning of December...
I remember that every 1st November I begin to decorate, outside is still autumn..
However, I do not mind, because Im really used to it..

I think that there is nothing that gets me into the Christmas spirit, because Im always into it.. :yahoo:
I always listen to Christmas music, watching Christmas movies, having thoughts about Christmas decorations,
talking about holiday travels, anything that has to do with Christmas.... :dance:

tinkerbell2
08-23-2009, 09:24 AM
Everything starts about october here, mainly places like garden centres
start getting there displays up.Thats when we start looking for new
decorations.
The weather usually starts getting cold in end of september,begin october.
I try and resist putting up the tree :christmastree:

Christmasplease
08-23-2009, 02:41 PM
:presents3:First week of Sept. when I get my Christmas Wish Book, I will be in the Christmas Spirit big-time. I actually have 4 Birthday's to get through before Christmas. Come September, it gets pretty costly around here.

Mistletoe
08-24-2009, 08:46 PM
I have 3 sisters too :) and one little bro. Having a large family is great, I hope they can all add a bunch of little ones so we can get even bigger ;)

Mistletoe, how big has your family grown?

Not too much. I've got one brother-in-law, one soon-to-be-brother-in law, a nephew and a niece and I know more are on the way. But we do so much all together we're like a crowd wherever we go. :santahat:

Mistletoe
08-24-2009, 08:52 PM
i am always humming, whistling, singing Christmas songs.

Me, too!

olga
09-07-2009, 07:38 AM
I do not do a thing to get into Christmas spirit!!
We always go together!!! :candycane1:

jakkijelene
10-02-2009, 05:55 AM
My biggest one is watching A Charlie Brown Christmas or listening to the soundtrack. It's sweet simplicity always gets me in the mood. Sometimes the quiet moments, with all the noise off and a fire going with a dimly lit Christmas tree is all I need too!

olga
10-02-2009, 04:46 PM
My biggest one is watching A Charlie Brown Christmas or listening to the soundtrack. It's sweet simplicity always gets me in the mood. Sometimes the quiet moments, with all the noise off and a fire going with a dimly lit Christmas tree is all I need too!

Youre my best friend!! Lovely movie and so is soundtrack... :smitten:
Vince Guaraldi has composed great music...

:yahoo:

jakkijelene
10-02-2009, 05:44 PM
Youre my best friend!! Lovely movie and so is soundtrack... :smitten:
Vince Guaraldi has composed great music...

:yahoo:

Yes, I LOVE Vince Guaraldi!!

kcsmom76
10-02-2009, 08:58 PM
Since the weather has gotten cooler and I am recovering from surgery, I am looking at all things Christmas on the web and getting into the spirit. I love Christmas!!! :christmastree:

Holyday
10-08-2009, 12:40 AM
Our favorite tradition, to get our family into the spirit of Christmas, is to write a creative Christmas letter. Instead of just writing a traditional newsletter that might sound like a brag letter, we try to use a different theme every year to make the letters fun to write and more fun to read too. We write the letter as a family, once we pick a theme, so that everyone includes information about himself. We did a search on the internet to get ideas for themes for writing creative Christmas letters.

olga
10-08-2009, 07:08 AM
Since the weather has gotten cooler and I am recovering from surgery, I am looking at all things Christmas on the web and getting into the spirit. I love Christmas!!! :christmastree:

Sorry to hear that, I hope you feel better..
Well, I guess youve got plenty of time now to look on Intenet for Christmas things, eh??

:candycane1::candycane1:

stacyk9
10-08-2009, 01:13 PM
Decorating the tree always gets me in the Christmas spirit, but the one thing that really gets me in the spirit is putting in a Christmas cartoon or movie and sitting down to wrap presents. Love it!!

ANGWife
10-12-2009, 04:25 PM
Putting up decorations, listening to music, watching the movies, baking cookies... the usual I guess.

SnowAngel
10-23-2009, 07:37 PM
Putting up decorations, listening to music, watching the movies, baking cookies... the usual I guess.

That's the best! It always puts me in the holiday spirit.

lialia
11-24-2009, 11:51 AM
That's the best! It always puts me in the holiday spirit.

music in all home and of course the oranges and a fir tree smell:):santa2:

ornamentmaven
11-25-2009, 01:28 AM
I agree with so many of you:

I love watching movies (especially Christmas with the Kranks and Its a Wonderful Life

Love Christmas Music

Baking cookies and decorating the tree

angelpugs
11-25-2009, 02:09 AM
That's what i'm doing today baking breads and cookies and watching christmas movies,it's so wonderful.:merrychristmas::christmastree::santa2:

Lulu
12-05-2009, 04:23 AM
When Elf comes on TV I immediately get in the holiday spirit! Movies are certainly my trick. I love a nightmare before christmas and how the grinch stole crhistmas!

SilverBells
08-23-2010, 05:28 AM
I've been Christmas happy since June this year :elf1:

ornamentmaven
08-23-2010, 05:58 AM
Christmas movies and music

olga
10-13-2010, 07:52 PM
What to do to get in the spirit? hmmm... :rolleyes:

Definitely watch my fav Christmas movie and that could not be other from
''The Muppet Christmas Carol''..

It really feels like Christmas (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR_8kmOmxyk) !!!

:merrychristmas:

*Snowflake*
10-14-2010, 12:20 AM
I don"t know..it can be just normal day like today,cloudy and cold or just when I think about Christmas:elf3:

EllfGirl
10-14-2010, 12:47 AM
I'm browsing the net to look at Christmas photos, listening to Christmas music and watching Christmas movies :elf3::smitten:

ornamentmaven
10-14-2010, 03:35 AM
The "Miles Kimball" Christmas catalog just came in today's mail. I'm enjoying looking through it!

MinnesotaMike
11-02-2010, 04:07 AM
I've been "in the spirit" for about a month now! ;)

SilverBells
11-02-2010, 04:13 AM
The spirit just comes to me!!! :merrychristmas:

ornamentmaven
11-02-2010, 07:56 AM
Yeah - we don't have to work on it!

MinnesotaMike
11-02-2010, 11:51 PM
I like to go to several stores in the area. I just walk the Christmas stuff and get all stoked!!

ChristmasIsland
11-29-2010, 02:24 PM
Carolling is the only way to go to get in the spirit!

I also write messages in fake snow on my car.

But that's just me.

Elf_Erv
11-30-2010, 08:31 AM
I drink gallons and gallons of eggnog :santa1:

ChristmasKatie
11-30-2010, 05:02 PM
i countdown from a hundered days to get my friends excited, and then i listen to my chritmas albulm as i walk in the cold, and i browse the shops and online for gifts. i mkae christmas cake, eat mince pies in september. put up a tiny tree in my room before themain one down stairs. buy wrapping paper. wearmy fave scarf. the list is endless!

Greetings !
04-11-2011, 03:11 PM
I like to gather ideas and gifts year-round.
I do christmas-wishin' in the long hot summer...

CATZILLA
11-14-2011, 12:10 AM
I like to pull out the Sears Wishbooks from the early 70's and look at all the ads that made Christmas so special as a kid and even more so as an adult.

The NFL Football sections really got my attention! lol

MinnesotaMike
11-14-2011, 01:23 AM
I like to pull out the Sears Wishbooks from the early 70's and look at all the ads that made Christmas so special as a kid and even more so as an adult.

The NFL Football sections really got my attention! lol

Who did you follow back then, since there was no NFL team in Carolina? Falcons? Redskins?

CATZILLA
11-14-2011, 01:47 AM
Why thank you for asking Mike and the answer is.....

http://www.emqb.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/bud-grant_nc.jpg

SgtTimBob
12-10-2011, 11:35 PM
For me it's listening to all the classic Christmas songs that have stuck with me over the year. Paul McCartney, Kate Bush, Slade, Wizzard etc. Some of those tunes just have a wonderful way of transporting me right back to my childhood Christmases.

Elf_Erv
12-11-2011, 12:30 AM
Drink 5 or 6 quarts of eggnog

ornamentmaven
12-11-2011, 06:32 AM
I love eggnog, but boy is it pricey!!!

Mazzy
08-27-2012, 03:51 AM
Drink Cherry Brandy and put up my decorations :hopxmas:

MinnesotaMike
08-27-2012, 06:27 AM
Listen to Christmas music in the car.

Winters Song
09-22-2012, 07:49 PM
Well I usually get in the spirit when I hear the first Christmas song on the radio and when I start unpacking my decorations.And it kicks in full blast once November gets here!

ornamentmaven
09-22-2012, 10:07 PM
The spirit is all in my head!

Silver_Bells
09-23-2012, 03:22 PM
I start getting into the spirit by looking at places like this, or seeing Christmas decorations in the store :D

storm85
10-22-2012, 11:53 PM
To help me get in the mood I start buying my Christmas presents, gather them all together wrap them early while watching a Christmas movie and burning my Cranberry Joy frangrance oil whilst decorating.

Cant wait to get started on it this year

aLEKSA.
11-28-2012, 03:06 PM
watching Christmas movies, and listening Christmas music!

ornamentmaven
11-28-2012, 09:46 PM
watching Christmas movies, and listening Christmas music!

Same

frostythesnowman
04-26-2013, 07:58 PM
christmas movies and music...:home:

Penny Berry
05-04-2013, 06:44 PM
1st December, decorations with Cherry Brandy, christmas songs and christmas films :home:

There is also a garden centre just down the road from where i live which has a brilliant tree out from 1st November