PDA

View Full Version : Fresh cut trees

Merry Christmas Darling
08-15-2011, 04:14 AM
My mother didn't care for artificial trees. We encouraged her to buy a short needle tree after one disasterously ugly Scotch pine was brought home. We didn't get to go with her to buy the tree. Thankfully, we only had that lopsided pine one time.

:home:

SammieDsMom
08-15-2011, 08:52 PM
I love the smell of fresh cut trees...It is one of my most coveted memories...I always get a fresh cut tree to put in the mail living room. That said, I decorate all of the other rooms with fake trees. :elf1:

MinnesotaMike
11-24-2011, 10:14 PM
I found these WONDERFUL little ornaments to put on the tree this year. They are little green sticks that give off a robust smell of pine. Our fake tree now has our entire living room smelling like a fresh-cut tree!! AWESOME!!!

ChantelleJoy
11-25-2011, 02:10 AM
I found these WONDERFUL little ornaments to put on the tree this year. They are little green sticks that give off a robust smell of pine. Our fake tree now has our entire living room smelling like a fresh-cut tree!! AWESOME!!!

WOW! That is a great idea!

I love the smell of fresh cut trees...It is one of my most coveted memories...I always get a fresh cut tree to put in the mail living room. *That said, I decorate all of the other rooms with fake trees. *:elf1:
I generally have a real tree as my main tree - in the Living Room, and smaller fake tree in my Bedroom!

Growing up my mother always had a fake tree - it wasn't until 2005 that I got to go to a Christmas Tree Farm to cut down my own tree (with friends of the family) and I've done so nearly every year since - it's a fun tradition - even better than picking up a pre-cut one at the store!

We always get White Spruce, although I'd love to be able to afford a Blue Spruce - they're the most beautiful (I think). :)

:tree1:

mina553
11-25-2011, 07:56 AM
white spruce blue spruce any kinda spruce i never had a live tree when my mil was alive she use 2 have them every year she use 2 put salt in the water i always thought that was strang , why not aspirin or bleach why salt is this correct .

ChristmasFairy
11-25-2011, 05:20 PM
I found these WONDERFUL little ornaments to put on the tree this year. They are little green sticks that give off a robust smell of pine. Our fake tree now has our entire living room smelling like a fresh-cut tree!! AWESOME!!!Wish I could find some of those here .... will have to make do with a pine scented candle:gelf:

MinnesotaMike
11-26-2011, 01:16 AM
Wish I could find some of those here .... will have to make do with a pine scented candle:gelf:

Do you have Wal-Mart? I thought Wal-Mart was EVERYWHERE!!! They are $6 there. It's a pack of 6 and I only used 3 and it was plenty. Now I will replace them in mid-December with the other 3 to keep the scent fresh.

MinnesotaMike
11-26-2011, 01:27 AM
Here is what I'm talking about:

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p20/mlindamood/scentcicle.jpg

ChantelleJoy
11-26-2011, 01:59 AM

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p20/mlindamood/scentcicle.jpg

That is SO CLEVER!!
(But I'll have a real tree, next weekend so I don't need them) Good to know though!
:)

MinnesotaMike
11-26-2011, 03:36 AM
What's truly amazing is how well they actually work!!

ornamentmaven
11-27-2011, 03:03 AM
What's truly amazing is how well they actually work!!

Next time I go to Walmart I will check for them. I've been there quite a few times and haven't noticed them yet!

shore makes scents
11-27-2011, 07:54 AM
Every year, we buy a tree and replant in our yard. :tree:

mina553
11-27-2011, 08:16 AM
so how many 3s do u have now smc ?

ChristmasFairy
11-27-2011, 08:17 AM
Do you have Wal-Mart? I thought Wal-Mart was EVERYWHERE!!! They are $6 there. It's a pack of 6 and I only used 3 and it was plenty. Now I will replace them in mid-December with the other 3 to keep the scent fresh.No Wal-Mart in Australia Mike ........:elf2:

ChristmasFairy
11-27-2011, 08:20 AM

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p20/mlindamood/scentcicle.jpgIt's a very clever idea .......

:santa2:

drummerj12001
11-27-2011, 11:34 PM
definetly a clever idea. we have candles from Yankee Candle that smell like pine and mistletoe.

MinnesotaMike
11-27-2011, 11:43 PM
so how many 3s do u have now smc ?

What does 3s mean? How many threes does someone have??

ornamentmaven
11-28-2011, 03:03 AM
I also use Yanke pine scented candles, but I find that because I have a cathedral ceiling, I can't seem to "hold the scent in"